Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

Ask yourself this, will Hearts be successful under Robbie Neilson long term? Imo the answer is clearly no. He has already lost a lot of the support, and it’s practically impossible to recover from that, especially at Hearts. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

It's worth noting that 99% of Hearts supporters now ignore this cesspit of negativity and avoid it like the plague. 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's nothing wrong with the poll, the choices reflect the arguments made by posters based on here. 👍

It's just that the "giving him a chance next season" isn't an endorsement of Neilson either - as the right person to take us forward or, that folk think he's doing a grand job.. 

It's giving him a chance, nothing more, nothing less. 

Where as the other two options are a clear "GTF" now or in a few months time. 

So those that are firmly behind RN and using this as some sort of indicator that the majority on here are happy with the manager are very mistaken imo. That's all. 

Perhaps the majority just believe people should be given time and that changing manager, as we've seen, can be even more damaging. In the short-term we needed a manager to get us promoted at the first attempt and put Hibs out of the cup. Neilson is doing the job he was given (unlike the previous 3 managers) and there is zero evidence another manager could have come in and done any better at breaking down these anti-football teams while working within the constraints brought about by the pandemic.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

It's worth noting that 99% of Hearts supporters now ignore this cesspit of negativity and avoid it like the plague. 

Agreed. Time to give it a swerve probably. Someone actually claiming ST sales will be hit unless Neilson goes after a season when no-one had been able to go to games.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

20% will be noisy enough when the fans are allowed back in though 👍🏻

Be great eh? 

Get back first time in a year, get the boos going. 

Bet you cannae wait! 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Undoubtedly keep him as he's a winner at this level and give him a chance next season as he's shown he has the quality to succeed in the top flight. His league record as a Head Coach and Manager in Scotland is very good. But I accept I'll sacrifice entertaining football if that's the cost of Hearts winning football and end-of-season success. 

2020/21 - Top from start until now and probably until finish. Champions elect.

WWWLWWWWWLWLWWWDD

2019/20 - Top from start to finish with DUFC - a team that had failed for the previous four seasons. Champions.

WWWWLWWLLWWWWWWWWWDWWDLDWLDD

2016/17 - Leaves Hearts in 2nd place in Premiership after 15 games losing only three games

LDWWWLDWWLDDDWW

2015/16 - 3rd place finish in Premiership, 9 points ahead of 4th and qualifying for Europe.

WWWWWLLLDDWWWWDDLWWDDWDWLWWWWLLWDLLDWD

2014/15 - Top from start to finish with a club just out of admin setting records. Champions

WWWWDWWWWWDWWWWWWWDWLWWWWWWWWWLWLWWD

Bit of context. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be great eh? 

Get back first time in a year, get the boos going. 

Bet you cannae wait! 

Be like Millwall, but with less racism. Although with some of our fans....

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

257 folk want him punted. Mostly the well kent faces on here. 

280 want to give him a chance next season. 

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Robbie. 

No disrespect to GinRummy but I don't think the 280 people that want to give him a chance next season would all be of the opinion that;

a) he is doing a good job or

b) that performances have met the standard. 

I'm sure if there were a poll asking "do you think Neilson is doing a good job" - the results would show a resounding "No".

If there was a poll on "is the Hearts manager doing a good job" it would be all  no apart from about 6 weeks in the last 14 years. 

Too many greetin faced bairns on here. 

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You should join them. 

Neil Dongcaster
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed. Time to give it a swerve probably. Someone actually claiming ST sales will be hit unless Neilson goes after a season when no-one had been able to go to games.

:lol:

Kickback doesn’t represent the general Hearts support. If we were allowed into stadiums the booing would be deafening.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

😂😂👍

Some folks first thought is Litterally to blast the players and get in about our manager. 

😭😭

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Git it woven intae ra club badge !! :rofl:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

You think season tickets will be down after a year of no fans and on promotion? 

Yes.  After being mislead for last years and the shite football on show (again). 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂👍

Some folks first thought is Litterally to blast the players and get in about our manager. 

😭😭

A staggering lack of self awareness. 

Also.......

A winner at this level. 

:rofl: 

I must admit, I just do not understand the dislike for RN. I get it that the football we are watching is not fantastic and entertaining, but at the end of the day look at the league table. 12 wins from 17. His remit is to get us back in to the premiership. We are in this mess because of CL & DS and all going well he is going to deliver what is asked of him. 

The season/football its self is completely different just now. No fans is a huge leveller for most teams playing against us.

Life at the moment is not great for a lot of people and we all want to get back to Tynecastle. The constant moaning on social media about how awful RN is crazy in my opinion. Do people forget where we were when he left us to go to MK Dons? I was gutted about that at the time like most, feels like people have not really got over that.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Whereas I thought he was proving to be a disaster who was in danger of leading us into the Championship. So maybe you aren't the All Seeing Eye you claim to be. The difference is, I understand that I just had a different opinion to other fans and didn't post self-congratulatory garbage like:

"we’ve seen this all before as many fans including myself can see quicker than others if a manager is up to the job".

Some of us have it maybe you can’t. Can’t see the forest for the trees springs to mind springs to mind.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

I think you've let the fact you managed to successfully add up £4.00 plus £1.80 scramble your head.

Always at your service at it was £3 plus £1.80 p&p = £4.80 that’s 20p change out of a fiver. 
Yes Tollcross Primary, Clermiston Primary & Tynecastle Senior Secondary served me well .

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's also reasonable to ask if the players are doing a good job. The manager is entitled to expect more than 5 of 26 attempts on goal to be on target.

Teams should be allowed to get though difficult periods without this kind of childish over-reaction.

Who signed the players? :lol:

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Perhaps the majority just believe people should be given time and that changing manager, as we've seen, can be even more damaging. In the short-term we needed a manager to get us promoted at the first attempt and put Hibs out of the cup. Neilson is doing the job he was given (unlike the previous 3 managers) and there is zero evidence another manager could have come in and done any better at breaking down these anti-football teams while working within the constraints brought about by the pandemic.

But the majority don't believe that. Fact 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, weegiejambo8 said:

I must admit, I just do not understand the dislike for RN. I get it that the football we are watching is not fantastic and entertaining, but at the end of the day look at the league table. 12 wins from 17. His remit is to get us back in to the premiership. We are in this mess because of CL & DS and all going well he is going to deliver what is asked of him. 

The season/football its self is completely different just now. No fans is a huge leveller for most teams playing against us.

Life at the moment is not great for a lot of people and we all want to get back to Tynecastle. The constant moaning on social media about how awful RN is crazy in my opinion. Do people forget where we were when he left us to go to MK Dons? I was gutted about that at the time like most, feels like people have not really got over that.

A sensible person writes

Changing the manager can be even more damaging?  Where about like?  We are where we are because we sat about as TJ was giving excuse after excuse for Levein ruining the club and giving him far far far too much time.   If Stendel was in last summer no way we would be in the Championship and even when we sacked Levein he was still kicking about in some kind of weird position when DS came in. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who signed the players? :lol:

Someone earlier or maybe in another thread was saying how often Gordon has saved us. Who signed him?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Someone earlier or maybe in another thread was saying how often Gordon has saved us. Who signed him?

Gordon agreed to come back in last January. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Last Laff said:

Changing the manager can be even more damaging?  Where about like?  We are where we are because we sat about as TJ was giving excuse after excuse for Levein ruining the club and giving him far far far too much time.   If Stendel was in last summer no way we would be in the Championship and even when we sacked Levein he was still kicking about in some kind of weird position when DS came in. 

Like when folk wanted Neilson out while 2nd in the league, when Cathro joined, when Levein joined, when Stendel joined. The only successful manager changes we've made in the last 6 years have been replacing Locke with Neilson and replacing Stendel with Neilson. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

7 of the players that you suggested aren't doing a good job on Saturday were signed by Neilson and another two signed by your very own Craig Levein. Doesn't really fit your argument though does it? Sort of contradicting yourself a bit here. 

2 minutes ago, weegiejambo8 said:

It's not a dislike.  It's the way the team plays, and it's a natural concern for next season. I don't know why some folk can't see that how we play is Neilson's way and the same style will be prevalent in the Premier next season, no matter who we sign.

Your last paragraph...in 2016 and with the signings Neilson made before he left (Sammon in particular), we were never going to finish third that season anyway. I remember pre-season saying that if we sign that huddy Sammon we'll finish around mid-table as he's hopeless. I was fuming when he did sign. Sammon and the other signings finished exactly where i, and others thought we would, mid-table. I don't remember any massive outcry when Robbie left to go to MK Dons either as a lot of games at Tynie were met with boos at full-time. The reaction when he left was "who will the new manager be?" Not "oh no, Robbie's left!" If Levein had done a proper job of getting a manager in then we'd all have been going  "Robbie who!?" but he didn't. He played with the club like a toy and introduced Cathro. The downturn was already starting under Neilson going by fans reaction through performances and has continued since 2016 under Cathro and beyond.

So as you can see, it's not a dislike of Robbie the person, it's the tactics and style of football he forces on us.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A sensible person writes

Afraid not with this attitude we’ll all be watching a dysfunctional team with Robbie making excuse after excuse.

I don’t believe fans hate Robbie it’s just that he’s not up to the job of managing Hearts........simple.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like when folk wanted Neilson out while 2nd in the league, when Cathro joined, when Levein joined, when Stendel joined. The only successful manager changes we've made in the last 6 years have been replacing Locke with Neilson and replacing Stendel with Neilson. 

Neilson left us in the lurch to further his career.  As did his mentor Levein previously.   Levein had a disaster appointing Cathro then had a disaster as a manager.  Neilson is bland and shite.  Dundee Utd fans couldn't care he left. 

I wouldn't say replacing Stendel with Neilson has been a success either.  Plenty want Neilson out already and that's before we come up against the might of Ross County and Hamilton next season.  Unimaginative predictable and boring. 

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

It's not a dislike.  It's the way the team plays, and it's a natural concern for next season. I don't know why some folk can't see that how we play is Neilson's way and the same style will be prevalent in the Premier next season, no matter who we sign.

Your last paragraph...in 2016 and with the signings Neilson made before he left (Sammon in particular), we were never going to finish third that season anyway. I remember pre-season saying that if we sign that huddy Sammon we'll finish around mid-table as he's hopeless. I was fuming when he did sign. Sammon and the other signings finished exactly where i, and others thought we would, mid-table. I don't remember any massive outcry when Robbie left to go to MK Dons either as a lot of games at Tynie were met with boos at full-time. The reaction when he left was "who will the new manager be?" Not "oh no, Robbie's left!" If Levein had done a proper job of getting a manager in then we'd all have been going  "Robbie who!?" but he didn't. He played with the club like a toy and introduced Cathro. The downturn was already starting under Neilson going by fans reaction through performances and has continued since 2016 under Cathro and beyond.

So as you can see, it's not a dislike of Robbie the person, it's the tactics and style of football he forces on us.

Finishing mid-table had **** all to do with Sammon and all to do with the appointment of Cathro.  Sammon was loaned out in the January.  Neilson had us in such a decent position when he left that even Cathro's Stendel-like form couldn't bring us below mid-table.

Fair enough, apologies, I did not mean him personally, when saying dislike for RN what I meant was him being the manager of HMFC generally. Should have said that.

I understand and see your point. Not saying he is perfect, I just think it would be mad to sack him now, he is not a horrendous option at this time. I think the circumstances of playing in an empty stadium have a massive effect. Not saying he is the answer and the absolute best, I just don't see a huge amount of quality options available.

Not sure how you can say "we were never going to finish 3rd anyway"...? We had 26 points in 15 games when he left, following on rfom that we had 20 points in 23 games. So that statement is just a reflection of your opinion on RN generally. There wasn't an outcry as it was his decision to leave. You have moved on to slating Levein and Cathro, which I agree with, that whole scenario is better forgotten! 

I think that it would be best to give him the season to get us back in the league, and judge him when normality resumes and he has the chance to try and push for European football which we obviously should be aiming for. 

I have not voted as I don't believe the options are realistic but I don't believe Neilson is doing that well. He is however an improvement on our last three managers which is hardly a ringing endorsement. I can only imagine Budge found the Cathro and Stendel experiments a chastening experience. If I had decided to vote it would be the option to see how next season goes although I'm sure there will be a poll by next season to debate how long he should get. Clearly failing to get promotion would be sackable. Sadly this season has often left me glad I didn't have the journey home to make from Edinburgh!

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Finishing mid-table had **** all to do with Sammon and all to do with the appointment of Cathro.  Sammon was loaned out in the January.  Neilson had us in such a decent position when he left that even Cathro's Stendel-like form couldn't bring us below mid-table.

Well, it did. Sammon couldn't score the goals that we needed and was dropped by Neilson long before he went out on loan in the January. From then on he was on loans until his contract was up. Sure it was three clubs...Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle possibly. (I'd need to check). Point is, it wasn't Cathro who signed him. Even he was happy to let him go on loan. When Levein did take over, he himself carried on his loans. So three managers never deemed him good enough it seems. Had he been a decent goalscorer we would've won more points and wouldn't have ended up mid-table. The fact that we did proves he wasn't good enough to do the job. 

41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Some of us have it maybe you can’t. Can’t see the forest for the trees springs to mind springs to mind.

It seems to spring to your mind quite regularly. 😎

Well, it did. Sammon couldn't score the goals that we needed and was dropped by Neilson long before he went out on loan in the January. From then on he was on loans until his contract was up. Sure it was three clubs...Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle possibly. (I'd need to check). Point is, it wasn't Cathro who signed him. Even he was happy to let him go on loan. When Levein did take over, he himself carried on his loans. So three managers never deemed him good enough it seems. Had he been a decent goalscorer we would've won more points and wouldn't have ended up mid-table. The fact that we did proves he wasn't good enough to do the job. 

Well it didn't.  Sammon left when we were far from mid-table.  Neilson barely lost a game that season before he left.  Cathro barely won any after taking over.

You actually think Neilson is to blame for Cathro being shite, because he signed Conor Sammon and not a proven goalscorer?

Amazing stuff.

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Well it didn't.  Sammon left when we were far from mid-table.  Neilson barely lost a game that season before he left.  Cathro barely won any after taking over.

You actually think Neilson is to blame for Cathro being shite, because he signed Conor Sammon and not a proven goalscorer?

Amazing stuff.

Apart from 5 times in the league, loads of draws, pumped out the LC at the first attempt and emptied out of Europe by Maltese waiters? 

6 minutes ago, weegiejambo8 said:

Fair enough, apologies, I did not mean him personally, when saying dislike for RN what I meant was him being the manager of HMFC generally. Should have said that.

I understand and see your point. Not saying he is perfect, I just think it would be mad to sack him now, he is not a horrendous option at this time. I think the circumstances of playing in an empty stadium have a massive effect. Not saying he is the answer and the absolute best, I just don't see a huge amount of quality options available.

Not sure how you can say "we were never going to finish 3rd anyway"...? We had 26 points in 15 games when he left, following on rfom that we had 20 points in 23 games. So that statement is just a reflection of your opinion on RN generally. There wasn't an outcry as it was his decision to leave. You have moved on to slating Levein and Cathro, which I agree with, that whole scenario is better forgotten! 

I think that it would be best to give him the season to get us back in the league, and judge him when normality resumes and he has the chance to try and push for European football which we obviously should be aiming for. 

For the record, i voted stay 'til the end of the season. I've never said i wanted him sacked but my concerns of next season seem pretty valid by the posts i read on KB regarding the struggle to break teams down. Also quite a few Jambos i know who aren't even on KB have similar opinions. Struggling to break teams down and his style of football won't be different whether it's Dundee, Dunfermline, Ayr, Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County. And that's the point.

On your point on my reflection/opinion of Neilson...it's an opinion of the players we signed at the time. I never rated Sammon. 

Right now we need to dig out three wins from somewhere to make us a bit more comfortable and hope that Dunfermline and Wighton don't hit a bit of form on us.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Apart from 5 times in the league, loads of draws, pumped out the LC at the first attempt and emptied out of Europe by Maltese waiters? 

Well not loads of draws, 5 in the league like the defeats.  Whereas we won only 5 times after he left.  And lost far more.

I suppose on the basis that you think we drew loads of games (5 times) under Neilson that season, you think we won loads under Cathro (5 times)?

11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Wasn't 5 defeats in the league actually, it was 3. 

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Amazing stuff.

What are you wittering on about man?

Neilson wasn't playing Sammon regularly from quite early on so must've thought him obviously not good enough. Cathro comes in and Sammon ends up on loan meaning even he didn't deem him worthy of a place either. Same with Levein after he took over. I already said all that.

I didn't realise i had said "Neilson was to blame for Cathro being shite"......oh wait, i didn't. Why would Neilson be to blame for Cathro being shite? He wasn't even there! Why folk try to put words in other folks mouth amazes me. Anyway...if Sammon was anything decent, Cathro would've deemed him worthy of a place and used him, but he didn't. He stuck him out on loan, as did Levein. 

As you say.......amazing stuff!

9 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Wasn't 5 defeats in the league actually, it was 3. 

sorry I read the wrong huns game.  We still got embarrassed in Europe and was out a cup.  Draws with shit and teams had games in hand.  Let’s not pretend we where playing amazing and challenging for the league.   It was shit for a year after a good start coming back up which includes shitting the bed against Hibs.  Same crap watching now.  

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

sorry I read the wrong huns game.  We still got embarrassed in Europe and was out a cup.  Draws with shit and teams had games in hand.  Let’s not pretend we where playing amazing and challenging for the league.   It was shit for a year after a good start coming back up which includes shitting the bed against Hibs.  Same crap watching now.  

I wasn't pretending, I said we barely lost with and barely won without him that season.  And I was responding to someone pretending we were finishing mid-table and playing like we did under Cathro.  We weren't challenging for league titles nor playing like relegation fodder as we did under Cathro.

1 hour ago, weegiejambo8 said:

Speak for yourself, I was delighted when he left last time and gutted when he came back this time.

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

What are you wittering on about man?

Neilson wasn't playing Sammon regularly from quite early on so must've thought him obviously not good enough. Cathro comes in and Sammon ends up on loan meaning even he didn't deem him worthy of a place either. Same with Levein after he took over. I already said all that.

I didn't realise i had said "Neilson was to blame for Cathro being shite"......oh wait, i didn't. Why would Neilson be to blame for Cathro being shite? He wasn't even there! Why folk try to put words in other folks mouth amazes me. Anyway...if Sammon was anything decent, Cathro would've deemed him worthy of a place and used him, but he didn't. He stuck him out on loan, as did Levein. 

As you say.......amazing stuff!

Fair enough man.  We were playing absolutely rubbish that season, always looked like finishing mid-table under Neilson, because he signed Conor Sammon and then never played him.

After Cathro was appointed nothing really changed, and we just kept plodding along like we did before.  If Cathro had stayed we'd probably have finished mid-table like we did under him that first season.

It definitely wasn't the case that Cathro only finished mid-table due to the fact he took after Neilson had left him in 2nd place.

After all, the other teams had games in hand.  And we had Conor Sammon who was shite and wasn't played.

1 hour ago, weegiejambo8 said:

Some people haven’t got over us losing to Hibs and them winning the Scottish Cup!

He was always going to be a divisive appointment and I’m not convinced he was the right one but he didn’t appoint himself.

He’ll win this league, as he’s done previously and earn his chance in the SPL.

If he’s not able to improve the team/performances I sincerely hope we do not take as long to address the problem as we did with his predecessor 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Some people haven’t got over us losing to Hibs and them winning the Scottish Cup!

He was always going to be a divisive appointment and I’m not convinced he was the right one but he didn’t appoint himself.

He’ll win this league, as he’s done previously and earn his chance in the SPL.

If he’s not able to improve the team/performances I sincerely hope we do not take as long to address the problem as we did with his predecessor 

Or when we replace him it isn't with the likes cathro, CL or Stendel who all done a good deal worse than Robbie in his two and a bit seasons. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Good post. 

I don’t have an issue with Robbie because the football isn’t sexy enough, my issue is that I am convinced our play will be exposed in a higher division. Most SPL teams will be happy to sit back and soak up our pressure and are much more effective at hitting us on the break than the likes of Morton, or they will easily nullify our two wingers as we are slow to move the ball forward and our full backs do not support well enough. 

And when Robbie left for MK Dons, it was a massive opportunity for us to appoint a Head Coach who could take us to the next level, someone with experience and contacts. 

But nah, we appointed a man who would never have made it past the first interview...had he ever actually been interviewed. A horrific project exercise by CL. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)