Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

The Old Tolbooth

Robbie is still sorting out the utter car crash that Levein left us in, and that's not a quick fix, that said however, we're a division below now, we have international players at our disposal, and a massive budget, no other Championship club has any of these luxuries and yet we're struggling week in week out to tuck teams away.

A few decent performances aside, the majority of our performances have been insipid pish, and utterly dreadful to watch. No one is expecting to see us playing like Bayern Munich, but we should easily be 2 goals better than every other team in this league on match day, it reminds me of when Celtic stole their current 8.75 in a row, they weren't brilliant at all, but they didn't have to be as their budget was so much greater and they had no one to beat. 

We'll win this league and come back up, of that I have no doubt at all, but mainly because no one behind us can gather any momentum whatsoever and they're all cutting each others throats whilst fighting for the play off spots, and contrary to a lot of people saying that if he stays in charge then we'll come straight back down again, I don't believe that's true, I think he's a safe pair of hands who will do enough to keep us up and probably finish around mid table, but we won't be doing anything special under him and it'll be more of the same insipid pish, and for the 3rd biggest club in Scottish football, that's a pretty depressing outlook. 

I voted for him to go at the end of the season, but I know he won't. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Haken said:

I've voted to see how he does next season, BUT:

- failure to get promotion must be a sacking

- I'm less than happy with how things are going.  The style of play is largely torrid and it isn't all down to [all] the players.  The way McEneff started on Saturday was very promising, and then it just stopped.  Round about the same time that we allowed the mighty Greenock Morton to dictate the pace of the game.  We have to dictate the tempo, and if we have players on the park preventing that, then it's up to RN and co to sort that out.  I can't believe they tell the team to be pacey for 15 to 20 minutes and then start walking and playing sideways

i get the criticism of neilson, I do. But I absolutely hate it when inaccuracies are used to justify that criticism.

at no point did Morton dictate the game or the pace of the game. They did have a spell which lasted for a couple of minutes when they swung in a couple of decent balls.

btw - I agree hearts pace and tempo was no where near acceptable, we played walking football for long spell.. but that’s not the same as saying Morton dictated it.. in my opinion- that never happened 

Ainsley Harriott
19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The problem is Ann Budge.

She needs to stop pulling out of challenges and move the ball a bit quicker 

4 hours ago, Haken said:

- I'm less than happy with how things are going.  The style of play is largely torrid and it isn't all down to [all] the players. 

I can't believe they tell the team to be pacey for 15 to 20 minutes and then start walking and playing sideways

I think you meant "torpid" ? 😄

I'd say , as with the CL "era" , there's a problem with the coaching . This isn't the RN of last time : double training sessions and grinding teams down through sheer will to win. This is an ageing team of seasoned pros with all the baggage that brings. 

There's also a problem with Naismith : Neilson doesn't know what to do with him , he's got years left on his contract and is a square peg in the round hole of RNs rigid inflexibility. 

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Craig Wighton is complete and utter dug meat but him going to Dunfermmline sums up the Budge era.  She has no ability to read the room, no sense of winning and does not understand what football and sport is all about.

Who the **** does business with your biggest challengers (or indeed any challenger) ffs.  I mean she has single handedly turned us into a gigantic fluffy pile of powder puff.

We are being run by ****ing unicorns, pixies, elves and fairies.  The adventures of Ann in Wonderland!

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Wighton is complete and utter dug meat but him going to Dunfermmline sums up the Budge era.  She has no ability to read the room, no sense of winning and does not understand what football and sport is all about.

Who the **** does business with your biggest challengers (or indeed any challenger) ffs.  I mean she has single handedly turned us into a gigantic fluffy pile of powder puff.

We are being run by ****ing unicorns, pixies, elves and fairies.  The adventures of Ann in Wonderland!

I'm not sure the best way to word this, because evidently Wighton was a bad call to sign, but broadly speaking, I want us to be pursuing the best young talent in Scottish football, so it was a risk worth taking. I think we should always be in for your John McGinns, Allan Campbells etc. Just like with John Souttar, sure, it wasn't cheap but I think Souttar has been an absolute stalwart for us. I can stomach those sorts of risks far easier than going out and handing Oshinawa, Martin, Damour long term deals, or punts like Amankwaa or Aidy White. 

With development fees and competition, its always going to be tough, but I think if we can focus in on it and act as a gateway to top quality Championship sides, we might find in time that it becomes far easier to attract better talent. I'm far more interested in seeing talented Scottish laddies than no-mark journeymen who we're never ****ing selling for profit in a million years. 

22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

exactly. and all that money that she persuades her business contacts to send our way as well - what an idiot. And backing managers with finances to sign players. the sooner we get another man (there I said it) in charge of hearts the better. if said perso....sorry man....could also finance the club on the never never - even better! 

51% willing to get him time to see how he starts next season which surprises me but we’ve seen this all before as many fans including myself can see quicker than others if a manager is up to the job. I voted to sack him now although I did wonder if giving Neilson to the end of the season and I can see the merits in this with the league ending on Friday the 30th April at Raith Rovers. I truly wanted Neilson to come in a give us all a lift but I feel he just is so off the rails with the team playing in a way that to many times is embarrassing against Championship teams. In my opinion his time is up.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

51% willing to get him time to see how he starts next season which surprises me but we’ve seen this all before as many fans including myself can see quicker than others if a manager is up to the job. I voted to sack him now although I did wonder if giving Neilson to the end of the season and I can see the merits in this with the league ending on Friday the 30th April at Raith Rovers. I truly wanted Neilson to come in a give us all a lift but I feel he just is so off the rails with the team playing in a way that to many times is embarrassing against Championship teams. In my opinion his time is up.

Out of curiosity, with your amazing foresight, at what point did you think we should sack Stendel?

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hysterical nonsense.

If Craig Wighton is as you say "complete and utter dug meat" then what's the problem? 

If anything you could argue that it's a smart move to make because you are getting an unwanted player off the books and lumbering one of your rivals with a striker who is "dug meat"(your words not mine).

In any case, the decision to let Wighton go to Dunfermline will not have been taken by just one person. Your post comes across like you are inventing scenarios in order to attack Ann Budge.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes Mitch, if only we were all as insightful as you. 😎

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Out of curiosity, with your amazing foresight, at what point did you think we should sack Stendel?

I never wanted to sack Stendel because I could see what he was doing and I believe he was on the right lines.

11 March 2020 away to St Mirren when we got beat 1-0 was a set back but Stendel and his way of playing was 

working and many believed including myself we were on our way to getting of the bottom of the league.

20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Voted to see how he does next season.. though if we slip up much more this season I could change my mind 

Ditto here.... I think we have decent players (and a few questionables...) but certainly a better squad than the rest. RN just doesn't seem to be getting the best out of them. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I never wanted to sack Stendel because I could see what he was doing and I believe he was on the right lines.

11 March 2020 away to St Mirren when we got beat 1-0 was a set back but Stendel and his way of playing was 

working and many believed including myself we were on our way to getting of the bottom of the league.

Whereas I thought he was proving to be a disaster who was in danger of leading us into the Championship. So maybe you aren't the All Seeing Eye you claim to be. The difference is, I understand that I just had a different opinion to other fans and didn't post self-congratulatory garbage like:

"we’ve seen this all before as many fans including myself can see quicker than others if a manager is up to the job".

Under the floodlight
41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They're in your head.

been here before
27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I think you've let the fact you managed to successfully add up £4.00 plus £1.80 scramble your head.

Edited by been here before

Undoubtedly keep him as he's a winner at this level and give him a chance next season as he's shown he has the quality to succeed in the top flight. His league record as a Head Coach and Manager in Scotland is very good. But I accept I'll sacrifice entertaining football if that's the cost of Hearts winning football and end-of-season success. 

2020/21 - Top from start until now and probably until finish. Champions elect.

WWWLWWWWWLWLWWWDD

2019/20 - Top from start to finish with DUFC - a team that had failed for the previous four seasons. Champions.

WWWWLWWLLWWWWWWWWWDWWDLDWLDD

2016/17 - Leaves Hearts in 2nd place in Premiership after 15 games losing only three games

LDWWWLDWWLDDDWW

2015/16 - 3rd place finish in Premiership, 9 points ahead of 4th and qualifying for Europe.

WWWWWLLLDDWWWWDDLWWDDWDWLWWWWLLWDLLDWD

2014/15 - Top from start to finish with a club just out of admin setting records. Champions

WWWWDWWWWWDWWWWWWWDWLWWWWWWWWWLWLWWD

4 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Undoubtedly keep him as he's a winner at this level and give him a chance next season as he's shown he has the quality to succeed in the top flight. His league record as a Head Coach and Manager in Scotland is very good. But I accept I'll sacrifice entertaining football if that's the cost of Hearts winning football and end-of-season success. 

2020/21 - Top from start until now and probably until finish. Champions elect.

WWWLWWWWWLWLWWWDD

2019/20 - Top from start to finish with DUFC - a team that had failed for the previous four seasons. Champions.

WWWWLWWLLWWWWWWWWWDWWDLDWLDD

2016/17 - Leaves Hearts in 2nd place in Premiership after 15 games losing only three games

LDWWWLDWWLDDDWW

2015/16 - 3rd place finish in Premiership, 9 points ahead of 4th and qualifying for Europe.

WWWWWLLLDDWWWWDDLWWDDWDWLWWWWLLWDLLDWD

2014/15 - Top from start to finish with a club just out of admin setting records. Champions

WWWWDWWWWWDWWWWWWWDWLWWWWWWWWWLWLWWD

Very good. That 14/15 pattern I 'd like on a jumper. Who beat us first?? I'm thinking Falkirk. Rangers late on. The other?

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Very good. That 14/15 pattern I 'd like on a jumper. Who beat us first?? I'm thinking Falkirk. Rangers late on. The other?

Correct. 2-3 at Tynecastle in late January. When you see the 'W's that Robbie has achieved in both leagues he deserves time. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The see "how he gets on next season" vote nips into the lead. 

Exciting stuff. 

A ringing endorsement of Robbie's abilities :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Watch for SRB trying to "do a Trump" and get the polling results over turned. 😆

Go now.  Build for next season starting today.   Season tickets will be down also unless he goes soon. 

Edited by Last Laff

29 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hibs at ER.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Less than 20% and dropping for the drama Brigade. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hibs at ER.

Falkirk 3-2 at home was te first defeat iirc. 

Only game I missed that season! 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Go now.  Build for next season starting today.   Season tickets will be down also unless he goes soon. 

You think season tickets will be down after a year of no fans and on promotion? 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

257 folk want him punted. Mostly the well kent faces on here. 

280 want to give him a chance next season. 

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Robbie. 

No disrespect to GinRummy but I don't think the 280 people that want to give him a chance next season would all be of the opinion that;

a) he is doing a good job or

b) that performances have met the standard. 

I'm sure if there were a poll asking "do you think Neilson is doing a good job" - the results would show a resounding "No".

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No disrespect to GinRummy but I don't think the 280 people that want to give him a chance next season would all be of the opinion that;

I'm sure if there were a poll asking "do you think Neilson is doing a good job" - the results would show a resounding "No".

I think that’s probably fair. If I’m honest I started the poll because folk were calling for him to go, which I think is a bit strong, considering the limited time he’s had. I thought it was probably just a minority on here that were unhappy enough that they’d actually want him gone (either now or at the end of the season). I’m genuinely quite surprised at the results so far. 

Should’ve been sacked after the league cup humiliation - yet another cup embarrassment to go alongside our worst ever European result.  

Hopefully another giant club like Milton Keynes Dons come and take him away from us again. 

12 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I just don't believe you can ever go back.  Once someone has been in charge and leaves the job, they should stay gone.  I felt the same about CL, and likewise when JJ returned during the Romanov era.  I appreciate that may seem irrational, but I do think the club should "keep moving forward".

So I'm not in favour of seeing how RN does next season.  But all the same it doesn't make sense for him to go at this point in this season.  So I voted for the "end of this season" option.

Yep, a great pity we brought Rudi back wasn’t it? 

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No it isn't. I will give him the same time as Sir Fergie, to win the Premiership. 

Agreed. Manager needs three or four windows to get his preferred team together unless Abramovich owns the club. Gerard was hardly a success at Rangers in season 1 or season 2 and is a perfect example of giving managers time and resources.  That can’t happen overnight. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think that’s probably fair. If I’m honest I started the poll because folk were calling for him to go, which I think is a bit strong, considering the limited time he’s had. I thought it was probably just a minority on here that were unhappy enough that they’d actually want him gone (either now or at the end of the season). I’m genuinely quite surprised at the results so far. 

There's nothing wrong with the poll, the choices reflect the arguments made by posters based on here. 👍

It's just that the "giving him a chance next season" isn't an endorsement of Neilson either - as the right person to take us forward or, that folk think he's doing a grand job.. 

It's giving him a chance, nothing more, nothing less. 

Where as the other two options are a clear "GTF" now or in a few months time. 

So those that are firmly behind RN and using this as some sort of indicator that the majority on here are happy with the manager are very mistaken imo. That's all. 

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Robbie is still sorting out the utter car crash that Levein left us in, and that's not a quick fix, that said however, we're a division below now, we have international players at our disposal, and a massive budget, no other Championship club has any of these luxuries and yet we're struggling week in week out to tuck teams away.

A few decent performances aside, the majority of our performances have been insipid pish, and utterly dreadful to watch. No one is expecting to see us playing like Bayern Munich, but we should easily be 2 goals better than every other team in this league on match day, it reminds me of when Celtic stole their current 8.75 in a row, they weren't brilliant at all, but they didn't have to be as their budget was so much greater and they had no one to beat. 

We'll win this league and come back up, of that I have no doubt at all, but mainly because no one behind us can gather any momentum whatsoever and they're all cutting each others throats whilst fighting for the play off spots, and contrary to a lot of people saying that if he stays in charge then we'll come straight back down again, I don't believe that's true, I think he's a safe pair of hands who will do enough to keep us up and probably finish around mid table, but we won't be doing anything special under him and it'll be more of the same insipid pish, and for the 3rd biggest club in Scottish football, that's a pretty depressing outlook. 

I voted for him to go at the end of the season, but I know he won't. 

Yep but the internationals we have are not all playing regularly, far from it. 
Gordon is but goalkeeper not really necaessary in our league

Berra past it and not playing

Naismith past it and a bit part player

Souttar injured all season

Mackay Steven’s trying to get fitness back after holiday camp in US

That leaves Smith, Kingsley and Boyce. Fullbacks have been steady all season so far. Boyce is or nearly double figures in terms of goals. 

We will have a very different squad next season and would expect more internationalists to come in during the summer. There’s probably 8 or 9 of current first team squad who are deemed surplus to requirements. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

There's nothing wrong with the poll, the choices reflect the arguments made by posters based on here. 👍

It's just that the "giving him a chance next season" isn't an endorsement of Neilson either - as the right person to take us forward or, that folk think he's doing a grand job.. 

It's giving him a chance, nothing more, nothing less. 

Where as the other two options are a clear "GTF" now or in a few months time. 

So those that are firmly behind RN and using this as some sort of indicator that the majority on here are happy with the manager are very mistaken imo. That's all. 

That's what surprised me at the percentages tbh. I didn't think it would be as close to 50-50 (out at some point or give him a chance). You make a good point as looking at the poll it looks weighted towards neilson out but the one option that is neilson in is still not a glowing reflection of how he's doing.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

20% will be noisy enough when the fans are allowed back in though 👍🏻

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And Robbo. 

and JJ 

and Dave McPherson.

hearts history is littered with countless examples of returning heroes.  Whether Robbie turns out to be the right move time will tell but there is nothing wrong with going back tbh

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

20% will be noisy enough when the fans are allowed back in though 👍🏻

He’s at it. Nearly half the folk who voted either want him out now or to give him ten more games in the second tier. 

Ex member of the SaS

I said see how he does next season, however if we don't change tactics or are bottom after 5 or 6 games I think we should be looking at a new manager.

We should be using this season to build a team ready to take on all comers in the Premiership and get off to a running start.

Football is an entertainment business and income is dependent on how well the team performs on the park,. Can take the odd poor game or defeat but over all we have to show we are better than the last few games.

Playing poorly and sitting near the bottom won't cut it and fans want and deserve better.

Gordon Ramsay
45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. 

What the poll has shown is that confidence in him is really quite low. I haven't seen much to suggest that will be anything other than bottom 6, possibly relegation strugglers next season in the top league. 

He should be removed as soon as the league is won and a manager with a bit of ambition about him should be appointed. 

13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I just don't believe you can ever go back.  Once someone has been in charge and leaves the job, they should stay gone.  I felt the same about CL, and likewise when JJ returned during the Romanov era.  I appreciate that may seem irrational, but I do think the club should "keep moving forward".

So I'm not in favour of seeing how RN does next season.  But all the same it doesn't make sense for him to go at this point in this season.  So I voted for the "end of this season" option.

I think its the same with players also. I am fed up when a player leaves and maybe a season or two pass and their names get mentioned by fans

( What about Ross Callachan he could do a job now ??????? ) He was pish the first time he won't improve us after 10 no bad games for Hamilton. Don't get me wrong their has been players who have left and came back years later and done well Gordon, Berra ( first season back ) Rudi, Robbo, Steveo . Its just not for me . Walker left with a bad attitude he never got his Rangers move and he went of to Wigan 24 months later we are singing him. We were looking at Nicholson in the summer also .

Ex member of the SaS
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep but the internationals we have are not all playing regularly, far from it. 
Gordon is but goalkeeper not really necaessary in our league

Berra past it and not playing

Naismith past it and a bit part player

Souttar injured all season

Mackay Steven’s trying to get fitness back after holiday camp in US

That leaves Smith, Kingsley and Boyce. Fullbacks have been steady all season so far. Boyce is or nearly double figures in terms of goals. 

We will have a very different squad next season and would expect more internationalists to come in during the summer. There’s probably 8 or 9 of current first team squad who are deemed surplus to requirements. 

Hope you are right. On another point, it really gets me when fans say they need a full pre season. They are professional athletes and fitness ( even during down time ) should not be a problem

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's also reasonable to ask if the players are doing a good job. The manager is entitled to expect more than 5 of 26 attempts on goal to be on target.

Teams should be allowed to get though difficult periods without this kind of childish over-reaction.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Indeed. 

What the poll has shown is that confidence in him is really quite low. I haven't seen much to suggest that will be anything other than bottom 6, possibly relegation strugglers next season in the top league. 

He should be removed as soon as the league is won and a manager with a bit of ambition about him should be appointed. 

Tommy Wright? 🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

Cardiff Hearts

Read this thread with interest. Momentum gathering in the anti RN camp and even though he may be safe for now, he has a lot to prove to many  when we go up. 

I think he is operating at his level and players know that and their indifference is a reflection of his standing. Budge perpetuates this by her overly cuddly culture at the club.

Concentrate on going up, then wholesale changes at all levels if we are to progress and push on.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)