Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

In fairness, it takes most managers a couple of seasons to build a team and implement their own way of working. For me, he’s got the three years he’s been given unless we’re in a situation like we were when CL was in charge last season.

Priority this season is promotion. Yes we’d like to be (and rightly should) be winning most, if not all games with our resources which this far a lot of performances have been abysmal.

I’m by no means a happy clapper,  I’m just not calling for his head just yet and feel he should be given the chance.

Neil Dongcaster
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Neil Doncaster and Bongo have gone awfy quiet?

I wonder if that’s because they are the same person?

Neil Doncaster seems confused as to who he quotes

Your original post regarding trackies was aimed at me you then followed up on a reply essentially calling you out also implying that the trackies you said I wear wouldn’t look good in front of a judge. 

I’ll say this though. All I want is what’s best for Hearts. I have no ill will towards you, Robbie Neilson or any other Hearts fan. It’s a shame you feel the need to get personal. I suspect if you were to have a similar conversation in a pub you probably would t resort to such personal attacks for fear of a punch in the gub.

Who says  Robbie hasn’t brought in some great signings - Frear, Roberts, GMS and Kastaneer. From effing up every move to blasting the ball into the stands. Their wonderful comic acts make up for the eye bleeding garbage we see every week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm a bit fed up of the revolving door in truth. 

If you have someone better lined up yes, but little point unless it's a proper coach,  backed financially. 

Just burning money on compensation over and over again 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Embarrassing Thread and Poll. 

We're top of the league FFS.

sorry man, I think it’s a fair poll. I did vote that he deserves a chance next seaso but there is no arguing that some of the performances are unacceptable.

as for being top of the league. I’d guess our wage bill is more than the rest of the league combined.. we ****ing should be

Hopefully Ann and Robbie move on in the summer, its the only way the club is moving forward imo. 5 Years of utter pish from the budge era,  Sad but true.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Embarrassing Thread and Poll. 

We're top of the league FFS.

I think the poll is worthwhile. Everyone gets a chance to express an opinion without taking for granted the mob are in the majority. 

Poll showed should only be 2 options. 

Can Neilson improve Hearts 

Yes

or

No

32 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Neil Doncaster and Bongo have gone awfy quiet?

I wonder if that’s because they are the same person?

Neil Doncaster seems confused as to who he quotes

Is that them on this poster (Bongo & The Dongster)? 🤔

"Edinburgh pub bans 'jobby catchers' and 'mankles' in sartorial crackdown | Edinburgh News" https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/edinburgh-pub-bans-jobby-catchers-and-mankles-sartorial-crackdown-1378280?amp

Edited by Wee Mikey

12 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Your original post regarding trackies was aimed at me you then followed up on a reply essentially calling you out also implying that the trackies you said I wear wouldn’t look good in front of a judge. 

I’ll say this though. All I want is what’s best for Hearts. I have no ill will towards you, Robbie Neilson or any other Hearts fan. It’s a shame you feel the need to get personal. I suspect if you were to have a similar conversation in a pub you probably would t resort to such personal attacks for fear of a punch in the gub.

You still replied on bongos behalf.

Why?

Your tone has changed. Not quite the cocky little so and so you were earlier.

Bongos disappeared? Possibly putting his Addeeedasss jammies on?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Hopefully Ann and Robbie move on in the summer, its the only way the club is moving forward imo. 5 Years of utter pish from the budge era,  Sad but true.

See this is where it falls down. 

If there is better, but not to send us back the way. 

Folk thought Neilson leaving first time would send us forwards. 

Quite evidently horseshit 

Brighton Jambo
25 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Have you been watching us play this season. 

How we play in front of no fans when all that matters is getting out the league will have no relevance to how we play next season.  

31 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Totally pointless poll, Robbie won't be going anywhere soon. 

I think it is a really helpful poll. Yesterday evening there was a poster claiming that Hearts fans were unanimous in wanting Neilson sacked immediately. There were posters suggesting anyone who showed any support for Neilson must be a Hibs fan. Hopefully this poll helps illustrate that there are a range of views in the support and those that think Neilson should be given more time are hardly some fringe minority.

The poll is skewed in the Robbie out direction.  3 choices, 2 were he goes and 1 were get gets next season.....not a valid poll tbh.

Should be a straight stay or go or at least 2 for, 2 against.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Top of the league isn't an argument. 

It's a fact. 

You really have a problem with nuance. "Top of the league" was in quotes to represent those aspects where people claim that removing a manager who is doing what is needed to be done this season makes any conversation about the future wrong.

But you bash on Tosh, as ever. :rolleyes:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You really have a problem with nuance. "Top of the league" was in quotes to represent those aspects where people claim that removing a manager who is doing what is needed to be done this season makes any conversation about the future wrong.

But you bash on Tosh, as ever. :rolleyes:

Nah, just saying that stating we are top of the league isn't an argument. 

Don't think sacking folk for possible future mistakes will catch on Tbh. 

Seems to be the will of some - sack him now because we'll struggle next year. 

Imagine your boss came in and said you're doing well just now, but see next year I can't see you managing well so I'm sacking you now. 😂😂😂

Hopefully these folk have the lottery numbers and are using their special gifts for good in general. 

Seems a waste just having such a gift to debate about Robbie tho, unless of course the power they have is limited Robbie and Hearts future. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, just saying that stating we are top of the league isn't an argument. 

Don't think sacking folk for possible future mistakes will catch on Tbh. 

Seems to be the will of some - sack him now because we'll struggle next year. 

Imagine your boss came in and said you're doing well just now, but see next year I can't see you managing well so I'm sacking you now. 😂😂😂

Hopefully these folk have the lottery numbers and are using their special gifts for good in general. 

Seems a waste just having such a gift to debate about Robbie tho, unless of course the power they have is limited Robbie and Hearts future. 

Cool - and when we take the past evidence into account and waste another summer transfer window to then be back in "transition" come January, we can take this post into account.

The bottom line is that Mad Eddie Malofeev could have managed Hearts to win this league.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool - and when we take the past evidence into account and waste another summer transfer window to then be back in "transition" come January, we can take this post into account.

The bottom line is that Mad Eddie Malofeev could have managed Hearts to win this league.

If that happens then it means Hearts are doing poorly, but at least some folk can say "I told you so." 

Hopefully that's not the case. 

You've taken that last part too far! 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye a seen that didn't respond to the link i put up on the Naismith thread, hmm 🤔 i wonder why. 

In the thread where you asked people not to respond to you?

been here before
1 minute ago, Barack said:

It's an interesting side point; but I've always thought it strange when people are told "you wouldn't say that to my face in public."

Why not? I've said lots of things to lots of people's faces. Especially in public. As that's where I meet people.🤷‍♂️ I'm still around and no bruising.

This isn't reflection on Bongo(whose posts I find entertaining mostly) but it's a pretty poor indictment of a person's self-control, if you get riled up so much online, that the slightest bit of criticism or banter in person, would want you to hit a person. 

Do folk not just laugh shit off anymore? Especially here. :lol:

Ive read it on 2 seperate threads today and both times thought 'aye I probably would in all honesty'

Some folk get awffy serious about shite posted on here.

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's an interesting side point; but I've always thought it strange when people are told "you wouldn't say that to my face in public."

Why not? I've said lots of things to lots of people's faces. Especially in public. As that's where I meet people.🤷‍♂️ I'm still around and no bruising.

This isn't reflection on Bongo(whose posts I find entertaining mostly) but it's a pretty poor indictment of a person's self-control, if you get riled up so much online, that the slightest bit of criticism or banter in person, would want you to hit a person. 

It sounds like you’ve had some altercations or perhaps had a go when you thought someone had done something out of order, most people have.

if you went around in person randomly giving folk abuse it would maybe be a different matter.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

They do mate your right, but when you allow judgemental people like etc get away with his nonsense, he thinks he can keep coming back and saying his mince, he was going on about supporters that wear tracky bottoms, thinking he's all high and mighty, the big i am unfortunately it takes someone like me to show that we are all equal☺, and all supporters no matter what they wear, should be accepted at Hearts. 

Does it really make you a better person if you wear a suit or jeans, or designer stuff like Stone island, Nike, Adidas, Ralph Lauren, Gant, is that how the world judges people on what they wear 😂😂 I don't wear any of that stuff personally. 

Our current manager wears tracky bottoms with RN on them does that make him a ned, or the players?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Neil Dongcaster

Still wouldn't just twat someone for trying to be a wido. Other options are open. I've been headbutted randomly in a bar. I didn't exactly stand back and applaud him, I must admit. 

The trolling and personal shit on here, is far less severe, than some arsehole getting in your face whilst steamin' on a Friday night down the pub(whenever that last was...).

Wheatfield Row 38 stuff is hardly necessary. :lol:

How many times has someone been a wideo to your face compared to tinternet? That ratio itself should tell you most folk wouldn’t say it to your face.

9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It sounds like you’ve had some altercations or perhaps had a go when you thought someone had done something out of order, most people have.

if you went around in person randomly giving folk abuse it would maybe be a different matter.

Most of them don't get out, they don't even go to games, they sit on here posting during match day threads 🎣

Neil Dongcaster

You've never experienced a Six Nation's game in Cardiff after a Scottish loss, have you?! :lol:

Being at the rugby you probably had your boyfriend to protect you.

:tlj:

been here before
6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Pardon?

Some drama queen pish from Dongcaster he's not quite got round to clarifying.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Keep him as long as we win the league and give him a full season in the premier to see how he is getting on

I voted to keep. But I disagree with the full season. If (and we won’t) go 0-11 then he has to be replaced immediately. I’m hoping he does as good first season back as the last time he brought us up. Time will tell I guess.

I just don't believe you can ever go back.  Once someone has been in charge and leaves the job, they should stay gone.  I felt the same about CL, and likewise when JJ returned during the Romanov era.  I appreciate that may seem irrational, but I do think the club should "keep moving forward".

So I'm not in favour of seeing how RN does next season.  But all the same it doesn't make sense for him to go at this point in this season.  So I voted for the "end of this season" option.

End of season, but it wont happen , we will never sack a manager who has won promotion . He will be allowed another transfer window to make more average signings . 

I will be more than delighted to be proven wrong ,

alwaysthereinspirit
50 minutes ago, fila said:

End of season, but it wont happen , we will never sack a manager who has won promotion . He will be allowed another transfer window to make more average signings . 

I will be more than delighted to be proven wrong ,

You’re I believe in the minority when it comes to being proved wrong. 
So many on here just want to say “told ya”

I just want every coach, player and new signing to be the best ever. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Where's the no option. 

There can’t be a no option. There are always circumstances when a manager would get sacked. See how he does next season is the option you need. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There can’t be a no option. There are always circumstances when a manager would get sacked. See how he does next season is the option you need. 

No it isn't. I will give him the same time as Sir Fergie, to win the Premiership. 

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it isn't. I will give him the same time as Sir Fergie, to win the Premiership. 

What if he doesn’t win it in that time?

Neil Dongcaster
3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You’re I believe in the minority when it comes to being proved wrong. 
So many on here just want to say “told ya”

I just want every coach, player and new signing to be the best ever. 

Well then how can you support Neilson then? Do you genuinely believe he is the best we can do?

8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

How we play in front of no fans when all that matters is getting out the league will have no relevance to how we play next season.  

So if we get promoted all of a sudden we will be playing much better football then. Are you banking on Neilson bringing in some decent wide men too. I wish I had your optimism. 

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, been here before said:

Some drama queen pish from Dongcaster he's not quite got round to clarifying.

Cheers :)

I've voted to see how he does next season, BUT:

- failure to get promotion must be a sacking

- I'm less than happy with how things are going.  The style of play is largely torrid and it isn't all down to [all] the players.  The way McEneff started on Saturday was very promising, and then it just stopped.  Round about the same time that we allowed the mighty Greenock Morton to dictate the pace of the game.  We have to dictate the tempo, and if we have players on the park preventing that, then it's up to RN and co to sort that out.  I can't believe they tell the team to be pacey for 15 to 20 minutes and then start walking and playing sideways

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good man, time will tell 🙂.

7 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I voted to keep. But I disagree with the full season. If (and we won’t) go 0-11 then he has to be replaced immediately. I’m hoping he does as good first season back as the last time he brought us up. Time will tell I guess.

I think we will be top 6 next season, not due to any masterclass from RN, but due to how bad top level football is in Scotland.

Top 6 but the same debates will be happening as the football on show will imo still be needlessly awful to watch.

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I think we will be top 6 next season, not due to any masterclass from RN, but due to how bad top level football is in Scotland.

Top 6 but the same debates will be happening as the football on show will imo still be needlessly awful to watch.

The issue is that the our performance in the last season and a half in the premiership was a good few levels below 'needlessly awful'.  It was absolute torture under Levein and Stendel, and before that it was torture under Cathro.  I'd say you are doing future Robbie a disservice as it looks like you think he's likely to do reasonably well, not as well as you think we should be aiming for, but compared to where we have been for the last few years.

Your probably right that the debates will continue even if we get promoted and are comfortably top 6.  It's easy for fans to advocate taking the risk of sacking a manager that's hitting targets (e.g. season 1 - promotion, season 2 - top 6) and bringing in someone more exciting.  Our awful last few seasons means that the board will be unlikely to go for it.  What's more, look at Gerrard and Klopp - most managers need time to build their own team and get success.  No reason at all why Robbie wouldn't get the opportunity.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)