Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Voters should have to leave certain affiliations.

Hearts fan, #!bs fans, drama club members or trollers.

It would make it easier to take It serious or not.

What like NDL? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Be interested to see replacement suggestions from people saying "Right Now", who are currently available (in which case, we have to ask why), realistic, affordable, and capable - mainly because there aren't many options out there.

Surely James McPake should be in with a shout after getting his jotters from Dundee:whistling:

Too late to get Tommy Wright.......unfortunately:rolleyes2:

Stephen Robinson still free of course........no wonder!

Still any new Manager will have a complete new canvas to work from as every player will be getting dumped in the summer after the last 2 results. 

PS tian, I will now carry on reading the rest of the thread as see what zoomers have been suggested from your excellent post.

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Surely James McPake should be in with a shout after getting his jotters from Dundee:whistling:

Still any new Manager will have a complete new canvas to work from as every player will be getting dumped in the summer after the last 2 results. 

PS tian, I will now carry on reading the rest of the thread as see what zoomers have been suggested from your excellent post.

Could bring Levein back as DOF? 

Neil Dongcaster

As I see it;

Pros;

Seems a decent enough guy

Has a real infinity with the club

Cup winner

Knows how to win this league

Is a fairly steady appointment 

Cons;

Tactically naive 

Can be arrogant without really having anything to be arrogant about

Intrinsically linked to Levein

Plays really boring football

Significantly divides the supporters

Doesn’t get the best out of high quality players

Very little track record in youth development

Constantly tinkers without it seeming to benefit the team.

Very conservative in his approach to games

Has poor track record against Hibs and old firm(as do most managers,

Struggles to adapt in game when plan A isn’t working

Seems to have regressed as manager since his last spell in the championship with us.

It comes down to ambition for me. What do we as supports want? A top division club who will generally finish 3rd-6th, go through lots of players and generally waste resources by the millions or do we want something different.

If you always do what you’ve always done you’ll always have what you’ve always had. 

I won’t buy a season ticket to watch a Hearts team managed by Robbie. I’ll pick and choose my games as and when it suits and if we keep taking the Hearts support for granted I predict you’ll see a steady decline in season ticket numbers.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

See how he does next season. His remit was to win the league, so far he's on course. He's ticking the box and realistically his jobs safer than the gold in Fort Knox. 

In saying that, I'm far from convinced by RN. The majority of performances have been absolutely honking, sub standard, turgid, pish. I personally can't see how he is the man to get us to where we should be due to performances this season.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now though only because sacking him is simply unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Yeah, because it’s the fans job to find replacement managers. Supporters are allowed to be unhappy and not know who they’d like as a replacement. It’s ridiculous to suggest otherwise and a bit silly to just suggest unsuitable replacements to back up that non-argument. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What would hibs fans vote?

I personally think they’d go with the drama queens and trollers. 
Thank God Anne doesn’t take any heed (either way) of polls voted on by less than 2% of Hearts fans.

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Thank God Anne doesn’t take any heed (either way) of polls voted on by less than 2% of Hearts fans.

Of course she doesn’t. Regardless of polls, if he wins the league he’ll be here next season and rightly so imo. The fan base shouldn’t be completely ignored though, especially hearts fans who have given so much to the club. 

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Are you an expat by any chance?

7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Maybe she should, she might learn something.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Of course she doesn’t. Regardless of polls, if he wins the league he’ll be here next season and rightly so imo. The fan base shouldn’t be completely ignored though, especially hearts fans who have given so much to the club. 

I don’t know what “The fan base shouldn’t be completely ignored though” means.

Do you mean the ones who want him gone or the ones who want him to stay?

The poll numbers may reach 1000 on here.

Thats less than 10% of season ticket holders. Depending on the percentage of the 1000, stay/go. The “Go Now” could be less than 5% of season ticket holders. That’s not nearly enough to remove a manager who’s doing right now what he was asked to do.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, because it’s the fans job to find replacement managers. Supporters are allowed to be unhappy and not know who they’d like as a replacement. It’s ridiculous to suggest otherwise and a bit silly to just suggest unsuitable replacements to back up that non-argument. 

Surely they could come up with some suggestions........not one on thread to date!

We are in position to achieve target set.

A big problem this season is there is no opportunity to get players game time in Reserve League or closed door (obviously) friendlies to get them up to speed if they are returning from injury or settling into the club etc.

The vast majority on here were pleased with January transfer window especially GMS, but after his indifferent start, he has already been consigned to "bin him" category. 

Back to RN, a simple example from yesterday. He puts on 2 subs Gnando & JW who just happen to provide an excellent goal, but due to some inept attempts on hitting the target, we did not go on to get a deserved victory based on the flow on the game.

Do we really think the Premiership is full of free flowing teams & managers in Pep category to be scared of meeting them next season after our expected promotion? Christ H1b5 are clear in 3rd position & we more than matched them at Hampden & put them back in their box, again.

I just wish HMFC supporters would back their team on the park with a bit more patience at times.

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I don’t know what “The fan base shouldn’t be completely ignored though” means.

Do you mean the ones who want him gone or the ones who want him to stay?

The poll numbers may reach 1000 on here.

Thats less than 10% of season ticket holders. Depending on the percentage of the 1000, stay/go. The “Go Now” could be less than 5% of season ticket holders. That’s not nearly enough to remove a manager who’s doing right now what he was asked to do.

You don’t seriously think I meant she should just do whatever the poll says? 

The poll is just a poll to see what members thoughts are. 

The ‘don’t ignore the fanbase’ comment meant exactly that. She completely misread the CL situation and alienated many supporters (rightly or wrongly) as a result of that. That can’t be a good thing. 

All imo of course. 

Budge should remove herself from any decision this big. It is clear from her own admission she has no clue about the footballing side of the football club. CE and SD should have final say. 

I watched the documentary when she said she'd be looking to win every game in the championship. Just no grasp. Delegate.

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Surely they could come up with some suggestions........not one on thread to date!

We are in position to achieve target set.

A big problem this season is there is no opportunity to get players game time in Reserve League or closed door (obviously) friendlies to get them up to speed if they are returning from injury or settling into the club etc.

The vast majority on here were pleased with January transfer window especially GMS, but after his indifferent start, he has already been consigned to "bin him" category. 

Back to RN, a simple example from yesterday. He puts on 2 subs Gnando & JW who just happen to provide an excellent goal, but due to some inept attempts on hitting the target, we did not go on to get a deserved victory based on the flow on the game.

Do we really think the Premiership is full of free flowing teams & managers in Pep category to be scared of meeting them next season after our expected promotion? Christ H1b5 are clear in 3rd position & we more than matched them at Hampden & put them back in their box, again.

I just wish HMFC supporters would back their team on the park with a bit more patience at times.

Not necessarily. As I said you could be unhappy with the manager and not have a clue who you’d like to replace him. That doesn’t mean there isn’t someone out there that could do a better job or that the manager shouldn’t be replaced. 

Agree, it’s way to early judge January signings.  

Yesterday was our best performance in 4 games. I still find RN incredibly frustrating for reasons I’ve detailed in other threads.

I do have doubts that he’d do well in the top flight but if/when he gets us promoted he absolutely deserves the chance to prove my doubts wrong. Would be ridiculous to replace him while he’s in the middle of building a new squad and his options for better players will be better in the summer. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kila said:

:laugh:

This your way of calling us pricks without saying it? Because if we called you a prick you’d be away grassing?

I've never "grassed". 

Grassing ... Do grown adults still use that word? 

I voted end of season. But although his remit is on to get promotion I am torn. 
he should be given next season ? Of course. However the thought of watching his football makes me think end of season but guess that’s unfair for him.

He will be able to get a better standard of player in the top league of course.

It’s his tactics and insistence on playing players in poor form and out of position I can’t stand.

Getting out this tinpot division is why he was appointed , what happens after that is anyone’s guess

been here before

Early days but so far only 23% want him gone now.

But hold on a minute. Not 24 hours ago we were told...

•  

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

I thought I knew what unanimous meant. I thought I knew what pretty clear meant.... Im confused.

Edited by been here before

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You remind me of a certain Hobo slaver on Twitter , 

No way are you Hearts .

Who were you before? 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Early days but so far only 23% want him gone now.

But hold on a minute. Not 24 hours ago we were told...

•  

Pretty clear from Kickback,****,Facebook and Twitter that’s Hearts fans are unanimous in wanting Robbie Neilson gone,but who is next in?

I thought I knew what unanimous meant. I thought I knew what pretty clear meant.... Im confused.

Over 50% of the poll as of just now do want him gone though. And in my experience kickback tends not to be in line with the wider fan base. It’s pretty clear there is a massive portion of the fans that don’t want Neilson. That in itself is an issue.

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Over 50% of the poll as of just now do want him gone though. And in my experience kickback tends not to be in line with the wider fan base. It’s pretty clear there is a massive portion of the fans that don’t want Neilson. That in itself is an issue.

I will wait til the end of the season because I don’t trust Budge to replace him properly. Hopefully the decision will be taken out of her hands by summer. 

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

The thing with that reading of the poll is that it’s not the end of the season. Less than a quarter want him gone now. Many of the end of the season voters may well change their mind by then. Imo they are the most likely of the three choices to change their mind. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

But we were told unanimous.

End of season before we start meeting some half decent teams in the top league. 

We will go nowhere with him in the Spl that's for sure. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you have a reading deficiency? 

You've not really thought that through before posting have you?

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

But we were told unanimous.

One guy gave his opinion. I don’t think that really deflects away from the wider argument.

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The thing with that reading of the poll is that it’s not the end of the season. Less than a quarter want him gone now. Many of the end of the season voters may well change their mind by then. Imo they are the most likely of the three choices to change their mind. 

Unfortunately I believe we are where we are due to poor leadership.

Ann should have done what she said she was going to and appointed the sporting director before the managerial appointment. Robbies appointment was clearly going to divide the fans. It’s seems a lazy and rushed appointment and stinks of Levein having an influence in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I voted end of season. But although his remit is on to get promotion I am torn. 
he should be given next season ? Of course. However the thought of watching his football makes me think end of season but guess that’s unfair for him.

He will be able to get a better standard of player in the top league of course.

It’s his tactics and insistence on playing players in poor form and out of position I can’t stand.

Getting out this tinpot division is why he was appointed , what happens after that is anyone’s guess

What worries me is that you cannot see any improvement. Time and again you are left wondering, what the **** do they do in training? This has occurred SO  often for it to be ignored or played down. In that instance the buck stops with the coach. 

I'm end of season as well based on the above

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not necessarily. As I said you could be unhappy with the manager and not have a clue who you’d like to replace him. That doesn’t mean there isn’t someone out there that could do a better job or that the manager shouldn’t be replaced. 

Agree, it’s way to early judge January signings.  

Yesterday was our best performance in 4 games. I still find RN incredibly frustrating for reasons I’ve detailed in other threads.

I do have doubts that he’d do well in the top flight but if/when he gets us promoted he absolutely deserves the chance to prove my doubts wrong. Would be ridiculous to replace him while he’s in the middle of building a new squad and his options for better players will be better in the summer. 

I do share some of your concerns, with my particular niggle being.....

RN should concentrate on his squad available to him & the subsequent positives instead of worrying about our opponents. Having said that, he cannot completely ignore the opposition.

I just wish we could replicate the approach taken to the game at Stark's Park, especially after the "disaster" that unfolded at Tynecastle on the Saturday, & press our opponents into mistakes without going completely daft as we need to defend in a sensible manner as well.

I still remain confident of securing promotion at the end of the season by winning the league with Robbie in situ.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

To you maybe. There seems to be a lot of fans extremely unhappy with Robbie’s approach. Some will be interested to see the results of this poll. 

You think the result of a poll on here is relevant to anyfekkinthing ?

I would be happy if he left tbh. And I only voted now as I'd like any replacement to be able to analyse the squad before next season. I'm not foaming at the mouth wanting him out tonight :laugh:

He's staying for the foreseeable though. But the only glimmer of hope I can see is he answers to McKinlay, who has hopefully already told him to get his shan excuses in the bin.

End of the season, not a chance he will be removed though by the current board. An appalling league that we are stumbling to win. We started the season quite well but once teams sussed how to set up against us we have struggled, pretty much since the cup final. That lack of ideas on how to break teams down does not reflect well on the entire coaching team. Consider how many corners we win in every game yet struggle to create clear cut chances, that is as much about coaches as players. 

been here before

One guy gave his opinion. I don’t think that really deflects away from the wider argument.

Im quite aware of that thanks but it does illustrate 'pretty clearly' the amount of abject shite spouted on here that lends absolutely nothing to the wider argument whatsoever.

Whether we like it or not Neilson is going nowhere and all the spouting shite with the same posters spouting the same stuff on identical threads week in and week out isnt going to change a ****in thing.

We'd be as well having a poll on whether Pep could win us the Martian league if Messi and Boyce could play in the same side.

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

You think the result of a poll on here is relevant to anyfekkinthing ?

I’d hope it reflects the opinions of users in this forum. Apart from that, no I don’t. 

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Unfortunately I believe we are where we are due to poor leadership.

Ann should have done what she said she was going to and appointed the sporting director before the managerial appointment. Robbies appointment was clearly going to divide the fans. It’s seems a lazy and rushed appointment and stinks of Levein having an influence in my opinion.

If In doubt play the Levein card.

You must be bored talking to the same 6 regulars on Talk Hearts.

Mind and wash those tracky bottoms.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d hope it reflects the opinions of users in this forum. Apart from that, no I don’t. 

Excellent answer

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You remind me of a certain Hobo slaver on Twitter , 

No way are you Hearts .

I agree. The ultra positive shite is beyond belief.

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im quite aware of that thanks but it does illustrate 'pretty clearly' the amount of abject shite spouted on here that lends absolutely nothing to the wider argument whatsoever.

Whether we like it or not Neilson is going nowhere and all the spouting shite with the same posters spouting the same stuff on identical threads week in and week out isnt going to change a ****in thing.

We'd be as well having a poll on whether Pep could win us the Martian league if Messi and Boyce could play in the same side.

There is something I find very nefarious about this type of post. Posters should be free to post what they like within the rules of the forum. The subject or the posts are clearly defined within the titles. Rather than look to stifle discourse between other posters why don’t you just disengage if you don’t like the context of the posts?

As for whether Robbie’s job is safe. We don’t really have much to go on. Under AB I suspect he would have a job for life. However, shouldn’t our sporting director be making these decisions? What if he agrees with the 50% of the voters on this poll that he isn’t doing well enough?

Why does anybody want to see how he gets on next season? Is it sentiment? A belief that he will turn players into better players? Develop styles of play to suit different occasions or opposition? Bring on Jig or any other coach we have in place? Talk positively about forthcoming games rather than making them sound like  some ducking ordeal? I mean Ayr and QoS away 'Ayr in mid winter and oh, QoS a plastic pitch'. What a worry. He referenced the latter before and after. Talk about self fulfilling prophecy.

I see no benefits. Continuity? With our turnover of players?

Neil Dongcaster
11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If In doubt play the Levein card.

You must be bored talking to the same 6 regulars on Talk Hearts.

Mind and wash those tracky bottoms.

I don’t post on ****. I also don’t wear tracky bottoms that often. Not that I would judge people on what they choose to wear, it’s not very nice.

been here before

There is something I find very nefarious about this type of post. Posters should be free to post what they like within the rules of the forum. The subject or the posts are clearly defined within the titles. Rather than look to stifle discourse between other posters why don’t you just disengage if you don’t like the context of the posts?

As for whether Robbie’s job is safe. We don’t really have much to go on. Under AB I suspect he would have a job for life. However, shouldn’t our sporting director be making these decisions? What if he agrees with the 50% of the voters on this poll that he isn’t doing well enough?

Theres nothing nefarious, stop being such a drama queen.

Its just the same tired old bores spouting the same pish ad infinitum. Half of them would be greeting if we beat ten in a row cause we didnt beat St Johnstone 10-0 in 2023.

If JJ was in agreement with half of those who have thus far voted the he'd be half right, or half wrong depending in your viewpoint. Id imagine theres **** all anyone on here would post that would persuade him to do anything ether way.

Unless its 'clearly unanimous' obviously

Jeffros Furios
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before? 

Before what ?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)