FAO The Foundation of Hearts (Changes Required)

maroonplatoon87

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Go down to Tynie and tell her you aren’t happy or heres a better idea

Send her an email. If you aren’t the same abusive person as you are on here about her being a woman/granny/anything non complimentary she will get back to you. 

She is bothered , you chose to ignore what I just said to you , however considering Im still waiting on you saying one positive thing about the club over the last 147 years that does not surprise me.

I’ve no interest in anything she has to say. I read her comments and it’s all spin and deflection, which the likes of you lap up as we go backwards rapidly.

I’ve seen loads of great moments over the years with Hearts. This era is shite. Tell me that you’re enjoying watching this team, just for a laugh.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• davemclaren

• maroonplatoon87

• Francis Albert

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve no interest in anything she has to say. I read her comments and it’s all spin and deflection, which the likes of you lap up as we go backwards rapidly.

I’ve seen loads of great moments over the years with Hearts. This era is shite. Tell me that you’re enjoying watching this team, just for a laugh.

I think this team has more creativity than we have for a couple of years. Im not a Neilson fan however and I don’t particularly like the slow style of play. i enjoyed today more than I have for a while though but we were honking in the final third aswell as unlucky. 

Don’t tell me what I lap up , you have no idea as I don’t tend to get into it. I do however think you have a completely blinkered view and the fact you have an option to put your opinion over and say nope not doing it says more about you than anything

1 hour ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

The lack of progression under the current regime for me and many many others is utterly disgraceful. Ultimately we have regressed year on year. Too much emphasis has been spent on off the field initiatives etc. 

I was a member of the FOH from the very beginning but after months of contemplating I finally stopped my donation. At that point I was so sickened with the constant backing of Craig Levein. It’s always been my intention to restart once the changes are made that I feel

should be. 

I think it’s more than reasonable that you engage with the fans on here, say via a poll about the opinions on change at the club, be at board level or in the dugout. I’m not asking for a weekly vote but surely hundreds of pages relating to change shouldn’t be Ignored. 

Not being able to attend the games means we are even more voiceless, whilst our Chairwoman appears to think its all sunshine and rainbows.

Considering the money that fans have contributed its time for you to be our voice to the board and not just liking everything the club do. 

The money donated, especially at this time is outstanding but we deserve more transparency and you are our vehicle to do so.

We would have so much more respect for the FOH if they actually engaged with us fans rather than seemingly just being in bed with the current regime.

Feel free to shoot me down or call me a hibby....

Regards

I'm the same and reluctantly stopped my FOH subs as we're not getting out what I thought we would. Stuck with a manager in levein for months that no one wanted. Now stuck with neilson that 99% of fans don't want. 5 years of rubbish. Don’t seem to have any say in the club. So much for being fan owned! We're effectively just giving a millionaire owner £2m a year to waste. I stopped my season ticket after more than 15 years a couple of seasons ago as I wasn't enjoying it anymore and I can't say I've missed it. 

We're in danger of undoing all the good work that's been done since administration by losing more season tickets holders and FOH subscribers due to all this. FOH need to push through ownership and we need a complete change at the club. 

Thanks for what you did at the start Ann but you need to move on now before you do any more damage to the club.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

If she doesn’t think it’s sunshine and rainbows then she has the power to change it. Her decision to appoint RN imo was a terrible move and the way DS sacking was handed was a disgrace.

In regards to transparency, if the FOH are asking questions and putting forward concerns from fans whats to stop them publishing it?

At the point of stopping my pledge I was not far away from the 98 tier, after months of constant regression I stopped. I decided not to restart until change at board level. A tough decision and maybe stubborn but it’s my stance on it. 

I get your frustrations as I’ve said but it would be ridiculous to sack RN at this stage with us top of the league. Just because she hasn’t replaced him so far - maybe she’s actively considering it? How do you know?

I don’t know enough about the parting of ways with DS. I’ll suggest that the only people who know the truth, are DS and AB. It certainly won’t be us.

I didn’t want RN and would have liked to have given DS a chance to get his own squad together. FWIW I don’t think RN will be here at the end of season 21/22. 

Once you’ve emailed FOH with your issue re transparency, please let us know how they reply. I think there are lots of things they do well but definitely areas that they could improve upon. 

For example they need to look at how to maintain membership levels given natural drop offs and results/direction based drop offs. In particular they need to get their hooks into the younger generation.

As FOH members we all have the right to ask questions and elect Board members. If folks aren’t happy then they raise their issues in the appropriate way and vote accordingly when they have that opportunity. 

I’ve no idea what the 98 tier is sorry. You’ve exercised your right to stop your subs - that’s a decision that any real Jambo would find tough. Did you email FOH to explain why you had, and if so, what was their reply?

I have to be honest and say that your posts just seem to be all over the place. Sorry that’s just the way I see it. 

There doesn’t seem to be much if anything going well for you down Gorgie way. From Budge to Neilson to FOH to our off field activities. You seem to have a lot of issues.

There also seem to be folks who aren’t ST holders or FOH donors telling us what’s wrong and demanding change.

They’re not supporters in my mind, just fans. They add little if any value IMO.

This is a critical few months for the club. The league isn’t done until it’s done. STs will be marketed shortly and Hearts have a big job to do on/off the park to ‘encourage’ fans to buy if they can afford to. 

We can’t rely on a prospective ‘bounce’ once it’s safe to open the turnstiles again.

2 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

The lack of progression under the current regime for me and many many others is utterly disgraceful. Ultimately we have regressed year on year. Too much emphasis has been spent on off the field initiatives etc. 

I was a member of the FOH from the very beginning but after months of contemplating I finally stopped my donation. At that point I was so sickened with the constant backing of Craig Levein. It’s always been my intention to restart once the changes are made that I feel

should be. 

I think it’s more than reasonable that you engage with the fans on here, say via a poll about the opinions on change at the club, be at board level or in the dugout. I’m not asking for a weekly vote but surely hundreds of pages relating to change shouldn’t be Ignored. 

Not being able to attend the games means we are even more voiceless, whilst our Chairwoman appears to think its all sunshine and rainbows.

Considering the money that fans have contributed its time for you to be our voice to the board and not just liking everything the club do. 

The money donated, especially at this time is outstanding but we deserve more transparency and you are our vehicle to do so.

We would have so much more respect for the FOH if they actually engaged with us fans rather than seemingly just being in bed with the current regime.

Regards

Agree 100%. In fact myself and 3 friends all of whom have been FOH members since the start will cancel our DD's if the shares are not transferred in June as stated. We will start again as soon as the shares have been transferred. To us FOH are now just on a "jolly" and have seriously lost their way. 

28 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I get your frustrations as I’ve said but it would be ridiculous to sack RN at this stage with us top of the league. Just because she hasn’t replaced him so far - maybe she’s actively considering it? How do you know?

I don’t know enough about the parting of ways with DS. I’ll suggest that the only people who know the truth, are DS and AB. It certainly won’t be us.

I didn’t want RN and would have liked to have given DS a chance to get his own squad together. FWIW I don’t think RN will be here at the end of season 21/22. 

Once you’ve emailed FOH with your issue re transparency, please let us know how they reply. I think there are lots of things they do well but definitely areas that they could improve upon. 

For example they need to look at how to maintain membership levels given natural drop offs and results/direction based drop offs. In particular they need to get their hooks into the younger generation.

As FOH members we all have the right to ask questions and elect Board members. If folks aren’t happy then they raise their issues in the appropriate way and vote accordingly when they have that opportunity. 

I’ve no idea what the 98 tier is sorry. You’ve exercised your right to stop your subs - that’s a decision that any real Jambo would find tough. Did you email FOH to explain why you had, and if so, what was their reply?

I have to be honest and say that your posts just seem to be all over the place. Sorry that’s just the way I see it. 

There doesn’t seem to be much if anything going well for you down Gorgie way. From Budge to Neilson to FOH to our off field activities. You seem to have a lot of issues.

There also seem to be folks who aren’t ST holders or FOH donors telling us what’s wrong and demanding change.

This is a critical few months for the club. The league isn’t done until it’s done. STs will be marketed shortly and Hearts have a big job to do on/off the park to ‘encourage’ fans to buy if they can afford to. 

We can’t rely on a prospective ‘bounce’ once it’s safe to open the turnstiles again.

Good Post

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Agree 100%. In fact myself and 3 friends all of whom have been FOH members since the start will cancel our DD's if the shares are not transferred in June as stated. We will start again as soon as the shares have been transferred. To us FOH are now just on a "jolly" and have seriously lost their way. 

If they were delayed due to the ongoing Financial difficulties and uncertainty of Covid will you still jump up and down and tell us you are cancelling? You do know you could ask questions as Dagger says above at the correct times or in the correct manner same as DtD was told earlier and rather than do so hed prefer to shout loudly on here.

If folks aren't happy about FOH and want to do something - put yourself forward for nomination to the board.  At least the last time (and i think previous one), noone has put thereselves forward for nomination - so the status quo has prevailed.

Rather than moan on a message board - do something if you want to change things.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in that either, but don't you realise how utterly ridiculous that would look? And how harsh that would be on Neilson?

Besides, if the last year or 2 has taught us anything, it's that change isn't always good.

You can also be to slow to change as we know to our cost.

Just now, Gards said:

If folks aren't happy about FOH and want to do something - put yourself forward for nomination to the board.  At least the last time (and i think previous one), noone has put thereselves forward for nomination - so the status quo has prevailed.

Rather than moan on a message board - do something if you want to change things.

Or email the club , email FOH ask questions. AB for instance is very open about making an effort to reply to all as long as they are not abusive. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Good Post

If they were delayed due to the ongoing Financial difficulties and uncertainty of Covid will you still jump up and down and tell us you are cancelling? You do know you could ask questions as Dagger says above at the correct times or in the correct manner same as DtD was told earlier and rather than do so hed prefer to shout loudly on here.

If the shares are not transferred as promised by June there will be 4 less DD's. It has been excuse after excuse for the delay. No more and I suspect a lot more will do likewise. It's not what we want to do but enough is enough.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

If the shares are not transferred as promised by June there will be 4 less DD's. It has been excuse after excuse for the delay. No more and I suspect a lot more will do likewise. It's not what we want to do but enough is enough.  

Correct. Much like Budge talking shite for years, FOH are doing the same. Excuses, dithering, taking zero responsibility for anything. They’re basically Budge in a face mask. I’m giving it until the summer too. If there’s no takeover and following that, no significant boardroom change then I won’t be paying in any more. Tired of her pissing the money away.

37 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

So you not a real Jambo if in your words if you stop your subs to FOH?

Non ST, FOH donors add little value?

Have you factored into your assumption that some people might be struggling cash wise?

Suggest you choose your words a bit more carefully when you make your crass statements. Plenty decent Jambo's out there who have the best interests of the club, but for personal reasons can't make financial contributions. I personally make my own kind of donations to the club in many ways, but I wouldn't want to deny others their opportunity to speak up simply based on what they put into the coffers! 

It's not like Hearts are some kind of charity after all 

For £18 per match id expect a better stream personally 

What do you expect??

4k?

Stream is fine..team not so much.

32 minutes ago, David Black said:

I suspect you are are wrong. Most Hearts fans arent as reactionary as that when it comes to the finances of the club. Its no different to the ST threads on here where people say oh Hearts fans wont buy more than 2000 season tickets cause they are pissed off. Most rational ones know how to make a point to the right places not mash a keyboard and tell everyone they are withdrawing their £10 £15 £51 £5000 a month because they didnt speak up or speak out when the opportunity was afforded them at meetings , didnt expect FOH to be a vehicle for them to pick the team , didnt join FOH expecting to have someone they pick making the crucial decisions and jumping up and down in public to do so. 

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

should be. 

Regards

Hibby. ☝️

26 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Have you factored into your assumption that some people might be struggling cash wise?

Suggest you choose your words a bit more carefully when you make your crass statements. Plenty decent Jambo's out there who have the best interests of the club, but for personal reasons can't make financial contributions. I personally make my own kind of donations to the club in many ways, but I wouldn't want to deny others their opportunity to speak up simply based on what they put into the coffers! 

I heard you go down and pee on the plaza to help clean it 😉 I do agree with you not everyone can make donations due to financial reasons. Thats a different thing to what Dagger is talking about though. Its the ones who don’t contribute but are the first to jump up and down and hurl abuse at everyone and anyone connected with the club. There are plenty on here. 

Dagger Is Back
31 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

You can suggest whatever you want Hashimoto. If you consider my comments crass then that’s your shout. 

You don’t know me but let’s make this really clear. I’m not talking about folks who can’t afford to contribute. I perhaps should have spelled that out more clearly. Apologies for that. 

I’m talking about people on here who choose not to contribute despite the fact that they presumably can, simply because they don’t like the manager, style of football etc

In my eyes they’re fans, not supporters. 

20 quid a month since day dot, sometimes (a lot!) over the years I do feel a bit of a mug for handing over my money as this is the most pitiful team and board over the last  4 years or so I have witnessed in my time as a Jambo...I want to fall back in love with the team/management and players but they all make it very difficult...

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Totally agree with the sentiment but you’re wasting your breath. Our FOH reps are bottle jobs. Far too happy with their free tickets and free roast dinners. Been obvious for ages now that FOH is just a funding source for Shan Budge. She then pisses the cash away as FOH kiss her ring piece again 

Harsh but fair

Ann is not going to do nothing.

FoH right now are not going to do nothing.

We need something to happen as fans are not getting anywhere near the return we deserve on the park.

A huge opportunity is about to be missed.

People stopping their FOH subs because of a couple of draws? 😂

Absolute entitled wankers the lot of you. Get a ****ing grip and support your club FFS. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sad to say, it’s not a case of eye off the ball. It’s a deliberate policy from a woman who couldn’t care less if we finish top of the Premiership or 12th. It’s all just a bit of a kick about to her.

Any owner who’d presided over this show would be embarrassed as feck to be banging on about the Sky Lounge or whatever the **** it’s called. But not her.

Think you've got a chip on your shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolute entitled wankers the lot of you. Get a ****ing grip and support your club FFS. 

Totally agree.   Unjustified rants.

15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Assuming they are who they claim to be.

Remember these kids who wanted their ball back when they didn't get their own way?

Bunch of snottnosed weans!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fiscally Hearts are a well run club, community based and commercially aware. They have attracted the backing of a person so far superior in matters of financial interests, to nearly all in Scotland, let alone the damned on Kickback. 

So we can't just dismiss Budge. 

However I would have to agree with the sentiment I have very little in common with her, her idea of the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh would be very different to mine. 

Ever since Neilson was allowed to go in the first place to allow Levein his freedom, its been downhill. 

Sitting comfortably top would have cut it 6 years ago, it was an upward curve. 

Something special is needed, Stendel may have hinted at it, but even he struggled to motivate this lot on a night we needed to win to come off bottom. 

If there's a disappointment for me with Budge its twofold. 

A driver for middle class culture, her projects generally don't resonate with Joe Average and her tone is often of talking down. 

The other she does not rule with any sort of fear. A football club needs some grit, surprised she rid herself of Stendel so easily. 

But then it was a business opportunity. 

And undeniably,  Hearts to that end are a well run business, as I began. 

Football in general might be in for a shock when fans return, we may very well be a prime example if the malaise, apathy and general lack of energy in the actual reason for being is to continue. 

maroonplatoon87
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hibby. ☝️

Honestly sir, pathetic comment 

Edited by maroonplatoon87

maroonplatoon87
51 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I stopped my FOH sub after watching season after season of regression.

Months of Craig Levein being backed by Ann Budge yet the FOH remaining silent.

Not because of a “couple of draws”

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Totally agree with the sentiment but you’re wasting your breath. Our FOH reps are bottle jobs. Far too happy with their free tickets and free roast dinners. Been obvious for ages now that FOH is just a funding source for Shan Budge. She then pisses the cash away as FOH kiss her ring piece again 

:spoton:

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Bit needy. 

Unfortunately, I have run out of patience with Nielson, Budge, the team and the FoH.

I'm no longer prepared to spend my money on them so that they can just squander it away.

I have grave concerns as to what direction the club are taking and what if any, ambition they actually have.

It now just seems like a gravy train for the so called board of directors, old has been footballers and an inept FoH.

I was led to believe like thousands of others that this was the way to go, the future wellbeing of my club, challenging at the top end of the Premier League with a conveyor belt of young talented players coming through the Academy.

Transparent and honest dialogue with the fans and media.

Instead we are watching brutal football, a manager who is clueless, an owner who does not seem to grasp the severity of the situation, a board of directors or (yes men) who are well, "non existent" a CEO who appears to be invisible and mute.

An academy that turns out nothing, resulting in that we have to sign "past it" ageing footballers. 

Finally the FoH, great idea in the beginning with the best of intentions and with some great people on board but have now succumbed to the pitfalls of grandeur over what they started out to be.

Unfortunately for me I can no longer support this charade of promises and wishful fantasy.

Therefore I will be cancelling my FoH DD this week.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

I heard you go down and pee on the plaza to help clean it 😉 I do agree with you not everyone can make donations due to financial reasons. Thats a different thing to what Dagger is talking about though. Its the ones who don’t contribute but are the first to jump up and down and hurl abuse at everyone and anyone connected with the club. There are plenty on here. 

Exactly as I see it Sadj

6 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

should be. 

Regards

Interesting BUT not very interesting!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

11 million quid contributed and look at the nick of us. I reckon at least 7 million of that has been completely wasted. Time for the FOH Board to grow a set and force change. 

And add on however much our philanthropists have chucked in...

It was a couple of draws that broke the camels back though, right?

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Fiscally Hearts are a well run club, community based and commercially aware. They have attracted the backing of a person so far superior in matters of financial interests, to nearly all in Scotland, let alone the damned on Kickback. 

So we can't just dismiss Budge. 

However I would have to agree with the sentiment I have very little in common with her, her idea of the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh would be very different to mine. 

Ever since Neilson was allowed to go in the first place to allow Levein his freedom, its been downhill. 

Sitting comfortably top would have cut it 6 years ago, it was an upward curve. 

Something special is needed, Stendel may have hinted at it, but even he struggled to motivate this lot on a night we needed to win to come off bottom. 

If there's a disappointment for me with Budge its twofold. 

A driver for middle class culture, her projects generally don't resonate with Joe Average and her tone is often of talking down. 

The other she does not rule with any sort of fear. A football club needs some grit, surprised she rid herself of Stendel so easily. 

But then it was a business opportunity. 

And undeniably,  Hearts to that end are a well run business, as I began. 

Football in general might be in for a shock when fans return, we may very well be a prime example if the malaise, apathy and general lack of energy in the actual reason for being is to continue. 

Sorry for quoting.

I can't be bothered getting into this.

Edited by fancy a brew

9 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

If you think people are ******* off just because of a couple of draws then you need to wake up. 

I will keep paying because I pay a sum that i don’t miss each month. Many others pay more than they really should. Are they getting value for money? What’s the incentive for them to keep going?

Leveins Battalion
7 hours ago, Donald Ford said:

Unfortunately, I have run out of patience with Nielson, Budge, the team and the FoH.

I'm no longer prepared to spend my money on them so that they can just squander it away.

I have grave concerns as to what direction the club are taking and what if any, ambition they actually have.

It now just seems like a gravy train for the so called board of directors, old has been footballers and an inept FoH.

I was led to believe like thousands of others that this was the way to go, the future wellbeing of my club, challenging at the top end of the Premier League with a conveyor belt of young talented players coming through the Academy.

Transparent and honest dialogue with the fans and media.

Instead we are watching brutal football, a manager who is clueless, an owner who does not seem to grasp the severity of the situation, a board of directors or (yes men) who are well, "non existent" a CEO who appears to be invisible and mute.

An academy that turns out nothing, resulting in that we have to sign "past it" ageing footballers. 

Finally the FoH, great idea in the beginning with the best of intentions and with some great people on board but have now succumbed to the pitfalls of grandeur over what they started out to be.

Unfortunately for me I can no longer support this charade of promises and wishful fantasy.

Therefore I will be cancelling my FoH DD this week.

100% 

Great post.

After being a pledger from the start I am cancelling mine also.

We are only giving them funds to piss away time and time again.

14 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

The camera and audio quality is pish, many other smaller clubs coverage is better 

whos ?  I’d love to know

It's still amazing to me that people are willing to weaponise our pledges when the team's not doing well, yet most won't consider the concept of our pledges going to the team like every other football team with similar schemes. 

Me, I won't be stopping mine, but I do think that extra million a year should be going towards players. 

Johnny Sandiego
11 hours ago, Gambo said:

Ann is not going to do nothing.

FoH right now are not going to do nothing.

We need something to happen as fans are not getting anywhere near the return we deserve on the park.

A huge opportunity is about to be missed.

Not going to do nothing? So going to do something i assume?

15 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Polls should be sent to paying members, not on here for interlopers to **** about with.

I don't think polls should be definitive, but if they gauged opinions regularly it might attract more pledgers.

So only pledgers are real fans? I too have stopped, have my plot but totally fed up with the way the football part of the club is run. It is frankly awful football, the most abject performances and non-style in my 54 years of watching Hearts and has been going on for the best part of Budgies reign. I am still a season ticket holder, just. What Budge did in that regard this year was in my opinion shocking treatment of loyal fans and to all intents and purposes owners. She promised fans would get value for money then back tracked as she realised she could't deliver it. Homes with multi-seasons, not mine, are being shafted and taken for granted. She is in danger of alienating the support apart from the happy clappers with no other life! £18 is a joke as it is not worthy of more than £5!

It is not anywhere near good enough and the FoH have been shown up as a toothless puppy that simply does as it is told. How will anyone take the future of the FoH seriously when it appears to have no more of a role than gathering money?

12 hours ago, sadj said:

I suspect you are are wrong. Most Hearts fans arent as reactionary as that when it comes to the finances of the club. Its no different to the ST threads on here where people say oh Hearts fans wont buy more than 2000 season tickets cause they are pissed off. Most rational ones know how to make a point to the right places not mash a keyboard and tell everyone they are withdrawing their £10 £15 £51 £5000 a month because they didnt speak up or speak out when the opportunity was afforded them at meetings , didnt expect FOH to be a vehicle for them to pick the team , didnt join FOH expecting to have someone they pick making the crucial decisions and jumping up and down in public to do so. 

And you are talking about reactionary. You should read your own comments before you accuse others of that. I didn't say most , I said many, big difference. You then go on a rant which is just that, a rant. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

So only pledgers are real fans? I too have stopped, have my plot but totally fed up with the way the football part of the club is run. It is frankly awful football, the most abject performances and non-style in my 54 years of watching Hearts and has been going on for the best part of Budgies reign. I am still a season ticket holder, just. What Budge did in that regard this year was in my opinion shocking treatment of loyal fans and to all intents and purposes owners. She promised fans would get value for money then back tracked as she realised she could't deliver it. Homes with multi-seasons, not mine, are being shafted and taken for granted. She is in danger of alienating the support apart from the happy clappers with no other life! £18 is a joke as it is not worthy of more than £5!

It is not anywhere near good enough and the FoH have been shown up as a toothless puppy that simply does as it is told. How will anyone take the future of the FoH seriously when it appears to have no more of a role than gathering money?

Only pledgers will have a formal say in what FoH does. At the last agm there was talk of voting down FoH director nominees but that didn’t happen. I can’t remember what the numbers required are to call an EGM to try and force a resolution on the board but no-one seems to have taken that route either. 

14 hours ago, Locky said:

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in that either, but don't you realise how utterly ridiculous that would look? And how harsh that would be on Neilson?

Besides, if the last year or 2 has taught us anything, it's that change isn't always good.

Maybe Budgie should be telling him to improve the play, improve the tactics or the number of seasons and his budgets will be impacted. Football is a business reliant on keeping the fans money coming in. I am so close to giving less of a toss and jacking it in! It is not worth the effort!

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

This may sound strange but my take on the Budge era is that we tend to make good big decisions but lots of terrible small decisions and it’s those that are building up and causing the problems.

Examples, big decisions like getting the new stand built, brining in outside investment, backing managers with money and time, investing in youth academy and women’s team, taking spfl to court... all generally seen as big picture tough overall correct decisions to do.

However, smaller things like..forgetting to order seats for stand, handing 4 year deals to ageing players and not playing more youth, scrapping win bonuses, toning down “atmosphere” at home games, loaning players like Zlamal and Wighton at stupid times, giving Levein and Cathro a few months or so too much leeway, season ticket promise backtrack, treatment of Berra by Stendel etc etc...

A big build up of bad smaller decisions has got us to where we are...which in pure football terms is worse than where we were 5 years ago.