• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Cruyff

• soonbe110

A rare lapse in concentration but he is not overrated. In fact he has been one of our most consistent and hardworking players for several seasons. You should be more annoyed at our absolutely ineffective forwards. Nonsense thread.

Edited by Jambos_1874

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

There is no encouragement that things will get better, or players will improve

At the end of the day you can't polish a turd!

Needs more than an overhaul...Needs ripped up.  

Feel sorry for Smith.

He's watched Halkett give away goals for a season and a half and now understands he needs to come across and cover for him.

Unfortunately today that cost us a goal. However he is not the problem. Our central defenders have been costing us goals now for about 18 months. Replace them with better and Smith wouldn't need to do the job of 2 men, possibly 3, even more possibly 4 since our right wingers in front of him are also shit.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

A rare lapse in concentration but he is not overrated. In fact he has been one of our most consistent and hardworking players for several seasons. You should be more annoyed at our absolutely ineffective forwards. Nonsense thread.

I am. But he’s been poor for some weeks. Positionally he’s been caught out a few times

Don’t want to knock him but he was at fault for the goal, there’s no getting around that. But I have said before that although he’s Mr. Consistent with at least 7/10 displays (usually) he’s also limited in that the 8, 9 or 10/10 displays are few and far between.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

They are all over rated......Practically the same bunch who took us down last year, barring a few of Neilson's duff replacements.

There is no encouragement that things will get better, or players will improve

At the end of the day you can't polish a turd!

Needs more than an overhaul...Needs ripped up.  

McEneff, new striker. Craig Gordon, Ginelly. 
“duff replacements since last year”
we are all peed off about not getting 3 points but think it’s clouding your judgement a bit. 

Was playing RB, CB, CM, RWB, RW today trying to help the rest of the clowns.  Absolutely least of our problems

Edited by R1874

kingantti1874
Just now, R1874 said:

Was playing RB, CB, CM, RWB, RW today trying to help the rest of the clowns.  Absolutely least of our problems

But he was at fault for the goal. 

Just now, Sid said:

McEneff, new striker. Craig Gordon, Ginelly. 
“duff replacements since last year”
we are all peed off about not getting 3 points but think it’s clouding your judgement a bit. 

McEneff....1st start today!......Ginnelly......Injury prone, has he actually played 90 minutes for Hearts?...

Naw, my judgement is not clouded.......Today is not knee jerk......I've had the past 3 or 4 games to make my judgement. This team is murder, devoid of ideas, poor right through the team.

We'll get chewed alive playing these guys in the Premiership next season......

15 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Feel sorry for Smith.

He's watched Halkett give away goals for a season and a half and now understands he needs to come across and cover for him.

Unfortunately today that cost us a goal. However he is not the problem. Our central defenders have been costing us goals now for about 18 months. Replace them with better and Smith wouldn't need to do the job of 2 men, possibly 3, even more possibly 4 since our right wingers in front of him are also shit.

This 👍 spot on 

The Hogfather
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Over rated. What the **** was he doing at the goal.  We’ve conceded a lot of chances down that right side this season

Log off. You have nothing good to say today.

18 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Apart from the keeper, left back, 1 centre half, both central midfielders, bother wingers and 1 centre forward.

Don’t get me wrong, we are playing pish, but to say it’s the same team/squad is nonsense.

Neilson does need to be getting a lot more out of them; we only play in fits and starts...not sure what the HT team talk was today, but after a decent first half we were asleep for the first 15 mins of the second half. I thought taking off Kastaneer instead of GMS was a mistake...yes he had a mare in the first 10 mins of the second half, but he’d offered a lot more than GMS in the first half.

Naismith and Boyce were very poor today, which was disappointing.

Edited by combo74

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Both full backs suffer from playing alongside absolutely ****ing atrocious centre backs

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Log off. You have nothing good to say today.

He gets an easy ride imo. I’m not saying he’s our worst player. He’s miles from that. 

but he is overrated imo. 

26 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

Michael Smith was not the problem today and is the least of our worries

He is the least of our worries, but he definitely was a problem today. The goal was his fault. There was absolutely no need to go racing across the pitch leaving his man free to score. A bad mistake today, but a rare one across the season. Kingsley has cost us far more goals this season.

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Only 4 out of our starting 11 were with us last season.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct but Smith was responsible for their goal. He was poor today. Mind you, Kingsley was shite as well.

Both full backs have been poor since Neilson stuck rank rotten wingers in front of them. Neither of them is very good defensively. They and we were better when they were offering our attacking width. The current system that Neilson insists on using is helping nobody.

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He gets an easy ride imo. I’m not saying he’s our worst player. He’s miles from that. 

but he is overrated imo. 

One of the only consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. To say he's overrated is a bold call and not one I can see many people endorsing. 

Салатные палочки
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kingsley and GMS on the left are just not working at all. 

24 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Halkett losing the challenge was the bigger mistake

100% this. Because Halkett made an absolute erse of it and got beaten, everyone else in the defence had to shuffle over 1 place to the left, leaving the widest Morton man free. Smith had no choice but to move inside after Halkett's error.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Has to be a concern for the run in. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'm having some serious doubts about Kingsley after a good start but he certainly isn't helped by having GMS in front of him, who is dreadful.

One of the few who felt we shouldn't have offered him a new contract, consistent but bang average. Nothing wrong in getting the best out of a player then offloading. Feel this will bite us in the arse just like Berra,Hughes, Cowie etc 

He’s a solid right back in a poor team, easily Scottish premiership quality. A bit too fond of the back pass for my liking but he is two footed and gets forward pretty well and rarely gives the ball away. Not the best defender but not the worst either and probably better than Kingsley.

if we have to single people out today Boyce wasn’t up to his usual level and Naismith was (as usual) pretty useless. GMS looks completely off the pace. Mceneff was ok but it was a bit of an Olly Lee performance really, hardly took the game by the scruff of the neck

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

He’s a solid right back in a poor team, easily Scottish premiership quality. A bit too fond of the back pass for my liking but he is two footed and gets forward pretty well and rarely gives the ball away. Not the best defender but not the worst either and probably better than Kingsley.

if we have to single people out today Boyce wasn’t up to his usual level and Naismith was (as usual) pretty useless. GMS looks completely off the pace. Mceneff was ok but it was a bit of an Olly Lee performance really, hardly took the game by the scruff of the neck

Smith is not a solid, SPL standard, right back. 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

One of the only consistent performers over the last 3/4 years. To say he's overrated is a bold call and not one I can see many people endorsing. 

consistent in a shockingly bad team. 

We need a better option at RB in the summer. He has been a good player for us and a great versatile option but we need to improve Full Back positions, someone that can cross a ball would be a start. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Need to see it again but was Halkett not chasing him man again well out of position leaving a massive gap between him and Popescu, which Popescu tried to fill basically running into no mans land, which pulled Smith over?

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Correct, covered a huge amount of ground today, and while he was caught out of position for the goal we had chances to clear things long before that and take nothing away from the Morton lad it was a great strike. If he didn't hit it when he did Smith would have recovered the lost ground.

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

McEneff....1st start today!......Ginnelly......Injury prone, has he actually played 90 minutes for Hearts?...

Naw, my judgement is not clouded.......Today is not knee jerk......I've had the past 3 or 4 games to make my judgement. This team is murder, devoid of ideas, poor right through the team.

We'll get chewed alive playing these guys in the Premiership next season......

Saying you can’t judge McEneff on one start (ignoring the new striker totally) but they will be chewed alive?  Walker looked quite fired up today - but not delivered consistently.  
the team were not devoid of ideas. You don’t get 26 shots by being devoid. We couldn’t finish. That is a problem. 

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He's consistently average.....👍

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, WT Laurie said:

Any decent manager would move Smith to centre defence , remove Halkett and bring in a decent right back 

agree with this

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kingsley has been shite since he signed his new deal. 

At least Smith always gives one hundred per cent and you can see he cares what actually happens. 

Not many give a **** in that team I can tell you that for sure. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

But he was at fault for the goal. 

Or was it whoever should be covering back when he goes to cover Central defence?

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

I'm having some serious doubts about Kingsley after a good start but he certainly isn't helped by having GMS in front of him, who is dreadful.

Kingsley plays better when White is in front of him fact.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Kingsley plays better when White is in front of him fact.

Yep. I think White is the better option with Kingsley. He is also more direct.