Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• JudyJudyJudy

• Nucky Thompson

• Shanks said no

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Show a bit compassion 

His type aren't capable of anything other than whingeing and sneering.

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Except for calling us all a bunch of alcoholics. 

Oh dear, were you offended? Did you need a bubble wrapped in cotton wool? I laughed, how I laughed. A good guy and a great servant to the country. 

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

Hes maybe been on the bevvy the night ? or the wacky baccie?

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why are you laughing? He was schooled at Gordonstoun and his favourite place was Balmoral.

He always wore the national dress when he was here and totally respected and loved Scotland

Yes and apparently he was very nice to the servants too.....

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Except for calling us all a bunch of alcoholics. 

He wasn't wrong. :D

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The thing is, the Royal family aren't exclusively English no matter what the Nats think.

Princess Anne, the patron of Scottish rugby, sings flower of Scotland with passion.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:illogical:

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The thing is, the Royal family aren't exclusively English no matter what the Nats think.

Princess Anne, the patron of Scottish rugby, sings flower of Scotland with passion.

Princess Anne is as Scottish as Rod Stewart.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Der Kaiser said:

And as ****ing ugly too. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes maybe been on the bevvy the night ? or the wacky baccie?

Yes and apparently he was very nice to the servants too.....

All I  have seen is compliments from everyone who knew him, including his 'servants' 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Aye and both love our sports teams :lol:

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly.  Her Maj enjoys spending time at Balmoral more than anywhere else, as her Mum did at the Castle of Mey. The Duke of Edinburgh Awards gave opportunities and purpose to so many young Scots and, as you say, Princess Anne is an enthusiastic supporter of our national rugby team. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

And as ****ing ugly too. 

aye she certainly picked the correct Olympic sport to be involved in...as she looks like one too....

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

All I  have seen is compliments from everyone who knew him, including his 'servants' 

well in the famous words of Mandy Rice Davies Ill paraphrase..." they would say that wouldnt they "? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  Her Maj enjoys spending time at Balmoral more than anywhere else, as her Mum did at the Castle of Mey. The Duke of Edinburgh Awards gave opportunities and purpose to so many young Scots and, as you say, Princess Anne is an enthusiastic supporter of our national rugby team. 

Do these things give you that warm fuzzy feeling?

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Do these things give you that warm fuzzy feeling?

What a sad existence to have. HRH would have had a comment or 2 for your sort. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What a sad existence to have. HRH would have had a comment or 2 for your sort. 

That’s rich coming from you.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well in the famous words of Mandy Rice Davies Ill paraphrase..." they would say that wouldnt they "? 

C'mon James. we could all do with some servants.

If my numbers come up tomorrow :heartpump:

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a sad existence.  Goodnight 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

C'mon James. we could all do with some servants.

If my numbers come up tomorrow :heartpump:

I agree with that ! 😂

John Gentleman
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Hearts game still being shown live but on iPlayer instead of the tv channel. 

Whereabouts on iPlayer? I'm looking at the BBC Scotland 'channel' but can't find it. Bear in mind I'm in Oz and using a VPN. I can watch all the programmes, but can't find the Hearts v Alloa match. Have they taken it down already?

16 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Whereabouts on iPlayer? I'm looking at the BBC Scotland 'channel' but can't find it. Bear in mind I'm in Oz and using a VPN. I can watch all the programmes, but can't find the Hearts v Alloa match. Have they taken it down already?

You're a bit late John. It was shown live on there, doubt they've got it to watch back yet.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why are you laughing? He was schooled at Gordonstoun and his favourite place was Balmoral.

He always wore the national dress when he was here and totally respected and loved Scotland

😄😃😄 you are good a trolling for someone hates Scotland

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

58 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh dear, were you offended? Did you need a bubble wrapped in cotton wool? I laughed, how I laughed. A good guy and a great servant to the country. 

"His type", says one of the slyest posters who cannot resist a dig at every opportunity. What made you so bitter, Enzo? 

35 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly! 

John Gentleman
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You're a bit late John. It was shown live on there, doubt they've got it to watch back yet.

Thanks for that. Didn't realise 'live' programmes were streamed on there! Suppose I'll just have to make do with the next episode of Line of Duty ;)

Edited by John Gentleman

8 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Thanks for that. Didn't realise 'live' programmes were streamed on there! Suppose I'll just have to make do with the next episode of Line of Duty ;)

Should appear at some point for replay, but they certainly used to be quite slow. Watch it with your lunch later on.

11 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

The goals are going up on the Hearts website in a minute or so. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He wasn't wrong. :D

🤣 true.  For what it’s worth I always thought he was funny. The Royal Family for me are not important and I wouldn’t say I’m for them or against them , I’m just not interested. 
no need for all the OTT stuff on tv though. He always seemed controversial and could imagine him being quite good company in his day

I'm not one for dancing on people's graves, and I feel for the queen on a human level, but it honestly baffles me how anyone can be pro monarchy in this day and age. 

When the Queen passes they should just pack it in and open Buckingham Palace as a museum. 

I'm enjoying the contrasting opinions on this thread.

Good laugh.

Has the spare and the actress made any comment yet?

The USA has the backwoods and banjo twangers; the UK has the royal family.

I reckon it's that acceptance, and celebration, of inbreds that makes the UK the more civilised.

Edited by martoon

When I was young the Royals were held not so much in esteem, just that they were so different to all of us.  They had guards , big fancy cars, lots of wealth, people bowed and scraped, everything else you dreamed some day you could be rich, play for Hearts, not likely dreams but people did succeed in making them, but Royalty was unattainable.  Now they are actually just another family, still rich etc. but job security is not what it once was, and not too many half wise people would take the job if it was offered to them. I have no beefs at them, don't really care what they do, they are just another family that are prevalent in the gossip rags, but it does seem thinkable that the position as it is will not last much longer, and surprisingly also I think Philip was one of the stalwarts in the maintaining of  a "Royal Family:. 

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣 true.  For what it’s worth I always thought he was funny. The Royal Family for me are not important and I wouldn’t say I’m for them or against them , I’m just not interested. 
no need for all the OTT stuff on tv though. He always seemed controversial and could imagine him being quite good company in his day

True, but I understand the OTT. Firestick, Netflix and Prime are my friend. :D

Anyway, I just think back to how I felt when my Da died and my wee Maw. (And it still hurts) 

I'm no monarchist, Fozzy, but Phillip was someone's Dad, Grandad and so on, and it matters not a jot what they are, it's shite for them, the same way as it's shite for the rest of us. 

Oh and I think the Queen may step down now and Charles will become King George???. 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

😄😃😄 you are good a trolling for someone hates Scotland

I don't hate Scotland, I hate who is running the country

50 minutes ago, been here before said:

tenor.gif.5f6e8c8dc41e0bc20c0463e48edd5929.gif

Surely offensive, inappropriate comments are the perfect tribute to Prince Phillip?

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Surely offensive, inappropriate comments are the perfect tribute to Prince Phillip?

tenor.gif

Saw on the wall to wall coverage that a Dad took his kids at 1am to lay flowers outside the palace.

Is there a facepalm emoji big enough for this guy?

Hopefully his children are taken into care.

manaliveits105

Just polishing my football medals to wear and bus down to Holyrood to lay some flowers and light a scented candle 

6 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

RIP you racist inbred ghoul.

Thankfully you and your ilk don't represent the majority of Hearts fans. In fact, I doubt you and your ilk have ever set foot in Tynecastle.

A tremendous servant to the nation and our Queen. RIP your Royal Highness.

😥

A Boy Named Crow
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Having read this thread I can imagine the stooshie when Her Majesty is no longer with us.....

We can get ahead of the game and write the thread now. 

Royalist trolls: Decades of service,  unending gratitude etc

Republican trolls: Another freeloader gone, but the most acceptable one. Let's move on with abolishing the monarchy

99% of JKB: meh

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Thankfully you and your ilk don't represent the majority of Hearts fans. In fact, I doubt you and your ilk have ever set foot in Tynecastle.

😥

Thankfully neither do the royalists. 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

😥

Absolutely. Anyone who has served his country to secure our future deserves nothing but respect. The bitter, "chip on the shoulder" brigade are unfortunately a stain on modern society. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

They really don't. 

If pretending the vast majority of our club and fans aren't loyal to our great nation and monarchy makes you feel warm and fuzzy, that's fine by me.

1 minute ago, JyTees said:

If pretending the vast majority of our club and fans aren't loyal to our great nation and monarchy makes you feel warm and fuzzy, that's fine by me.

It does, especially so because it's true.