• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• JudyJudyJudy

• Nucky Thompson

• Shanks said no

1 minute ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

People on here taking pleasure and humour from a a 99 year old in hospital.

Well played weirdos👏🏻👏🏻

Spot on

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

We’ll they did give King George V a lethal injection so his death would be in the Times in the morning instead of the evening papers. 

They probably gave him an injection to stop he suffering, but I doubt it was anything to do with the timing of the newspapers 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure there are that many 100 year olds in the UK to save tbf. 

I'm sure HRH will coming walking out the front door in a few days. Made of sterner stuff than some give him credit for.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

BECAUSE I'M NOT ALLOWED, CAN I MAKE IT ANY ****IN CLEARER FOR YOU

Why aren't you allowed? 2 people can now visit care homes in Scotland. 

Why wouldn't you be allowed to visit your dad if he was dying?

Shanks said no
27 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Do we get a day off? 

No, its planned to be a pretty low key affair, by Royal standards

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

We’ll they did give King George V a lethal injection so his death would be in the Times in the morning instead of the evening papers. 

BBC have seemingly lost the rights and the announcement is just passed to AP

Can I just add I don't mind the old guy one way or tother and hope he pulls through. May Forth Bridge stand for many more years, Menai Bridge is a completely different matter.

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm sure HRH will coming walking out the front door in a few days. Made of sterner stuff than some give him credit for.

I mean it's impressive to make it to that age. Though he has obviously had the best care going. It does seem a little different to the other times he's been in hospital. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not a conspiracy, more of a fact. Confirmed 50 years after it happened. 
https://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/28/world/1936-secret-is-out-doctor-sped-george-v-s-death.html

Was telling my Mrs all about that earlier this evening. I always thought it was one of these things everyone knew.

Evidently not.

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I mean it's impressive to make it to that age. Though he has obviously had the best care going. It does seem a little different to the other times he's been in hospital. 

Yes, it does AC. Hopefully he pulls through OK.

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bummer for him if he does go. Four months until his wife sends him a telegram. 

Trust he would show slightly more gratitude than this lady.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Certainly a bit odd though. He's been in hospital plenty of times, and the RF don't exactly pop over with some grapes & Lucozade in "normal" times.

If Charlie is making that trip, with the scrutiny in a pandemic it would obviously cause, and the conditions the hospital normally would allow a relative to visit...does make you think how bad he is. 

Quite honestly, being 99 years old & ill, hospital is the last place I'd maybe want to be. More chance of staying permanently.

Yes, it does seem different this time, Barack.  Hopefully he's OK but the Queen visiting wouldn't be a good sign. You're right though, a hospital is the last place you would want to be.

Doctor FinnBarr
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why aren't you allowed? 2 people can now visit care homes in Scotland. 

Why wouldn't you be allowed to visit your dad if he was dying?

Window visits with closed windows only, ie, I'm allowed to wave through a window.

Forget the 2, its 1 only.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

22 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

BECAUSE I'M NOT ALLOWED, CAN I MAKE IT ANY ****IN CLEARER FOR YOU

I just went through the same thing, the hospitals were not allowing visitors, but when my wife went into the Hospice which is a facility to allow for a peaceful death I was allowed to visit any time I wanted.  I am sure the Royal Family are allowed privilege that the liege are not, unfair I suppose but thats the way it is. The suggestions that the Prince may be terminal could also be a reason.

Edited by Sharpie

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I applaud thier entrepreneurial spirit.

It shouldn’t but this made me laugh.

26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Was telling my Mrs all about that earlier this evening. I always thought it was one of these things everyone knew.

Evidently not.

the biggest conspiracy of all is that you have a mrs 😒😮😜

Not a royal fan and not a Philip fan but strip away everything and that is still someones partner , dad , grandad etc. 

Doctor FinnBarr
25 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I just went through the same thing, the hospitals were not allowing visitors, bu when my wife went into the Hospice which is a facility to allow fort a peaceful death I was allowed to visit any time I wanted.  I am sure the Royal Family are allowed privilege that the liege are not, unfair I suppose but thats the way it is.

My old man is 96 this year Bob, RAF ground crew in Egypt during WW2, he needs me now, not when he's on deaths bed

Sorry, greetin noo

Doctor FinnBarr
58 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why wouldn't you?

Are you actually sure you know what vascular dementia is and what it does to families?

3 hours ago, kila said:

We'll be asked to step into the streets and clap.

Captain Tom was just a warm up for what is expected of the nation. This'll be what'll cement the Union - the death of a much loved royal. Especially when they start wanting to put a statue up...

I thought we were taking down statues of racists, not putting more of them up... 

20 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Are you actually sure you know what vascular dementia is and what it does to families?

❤️ Feels mate , don’t let people trigger you

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

❤️ Feels mate , don’t let people trigger you

I know mate, things said just set me off now and again.

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

My old man is 96 this year Bob, RAF ground crew in Egypt during WW2, he needs me now, not when he's on deaths bed

Sorry, greetin noo

I give you all my sympathies. and no sorries required, I have shed more tears this last six months than I knew  was capable of. Just had a strange experience was in the cupboard where all our boxes etc are, I found the one with all the pictures and have just spent a couple of hours going through them, my mother, father sister, wife, daughter are all in the pictures and they are all gone. I thought when I was doing it this is going to be hard, but on the contrary the pictures are all of the good times, particularly my wife and I,  what it has done is make me feel better because they all had good lives, and though missed shouldn't be mourned unceasingly, I know your situation is a bit different, but its the times and the pandemic, its tough, but you know what they say when the going gets tough the tough get going, stay strong and things will work out somehow.

5 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

The Duke of Edinburgh has always split opinion. Some look upon him as a toxic, racist, misogynistic brute of a man with a very dodgy history around the time of WW2 and some see him differently. 

What “very dodgy history around the time of WW2” is this?  When he was serving in the Royal Navy fighting the Nazis?

Doctor FinnBarr
24 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I give you all my sympathies. and no sorries required, I have shed more tears this last six months than I knew  was capable of. Just had a strange experience was in the cupboard where all our boxes etc are, I found the one with all the pictures and have just spent a couple of hours going through them, my mother, father sister, wife, daughter are all in the pictures and they are all gone. I thought when I was doing it this is going to be hard, but on the contrary the pictures are all of the good times, particularly my wife and I,  what it has done is make me feel better because they all had good lives, and though missed shouldn't be mourned unceasingly, I know your situation is a bit different, but its the times and the pandemic, its tough, but you know what they say when the going gets tough the tough get going, stay strong and things will work out somehow.

Done loads of old pics Bob (my brother has most down in Southport now) but when me and Mrs Saunders went into start clearing the house we spent the best part of a day just looking at holiday pics in Skegness and the likes when I was a teenager.

And I know what your saying to me mate and thanks, I know you have your own problems but if you ever need a fool to blether with, I'm here.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Done loads of old pics Bob (my brother has most down in Southport now) but when me and Mrs Saunders went into start clearing the house we spent the best part of a day just looking at holiday pics in Skegness and the likes when I was a teenager.

And I know what your saying to me mate and thanks, I know you have your own problems but if you ever need a fool to blether with, I'm here.

This can be a good place when we avoid the original reason for its being.

10 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

I liked him in the crown. 

He actually comes across pretty well in The Crown, in comparison to most others in the family.

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Some look upon him as a toxic, racist, misogynistic brute of a man with a very dodgy history around the time of WW2 . 

No reason to dislike someone.

9 hours ago, FWJ said:

What “very dodgy history around the time of WW2” is this?  When he was serving in the Royal Navy fighting the Nazis?

Indeed, fought against the nazi's all through the war and I'm sure his mother saved/hide jews from the nazi's as well.

There was a twitter troll the other day trying to make out that Philip was a nazi sympathizer because his sisters were married to German's.

The troll got their arse handed to them on a plate by a Royal expert.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/prince-philip-defended-internet-troll-incorrectlly-describes-duke-nazi-sympathizer.html/

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

14 hours ago, theshed said:

Cause he’s not Scottish 

So, it should read "I see the usual nasty, horrible racist twats are reveling in the demise of an old man."

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, fought against the nazi's all through the war and I'm sure his mother saved/hide jews from the nazi's as well.

There was a twitter troll the other day trying to make out that Philip was a nazi sympathizer because his sisters were married to German's.

The troll got their arse handed to them on a plate by a Royal expert.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/prince-philip-defended-internet-troll-incorrectlly-describes-duke-nazi-sympathizer.html/

Indeed.

His mother was recognised as “Righteous Among The Nations” by Israel’s Holocaust memorial institution (like Oskar Schindler I think).  She is buried in Jerusalem.

Funny, too, that those who concentrate on the fact he was born in Greece (although born a prince of Greece and Denmark) often say the Queen is German - although she was born in London to a Scottish mother.

been here before
19 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Indeed.

His mother was recognised as “Righteous Among The Nations” by Israel’s Holocaust memorial institution (like Oskar Schindler I think).  She is buried in Jerusalem.

Funny, too, that those who concentrate on the fact he was born in Greece (although born a prince of Greece and Denmark) often say the Queen is German - although she was born in London to a Scottish mother.

The queens mother was born in either London or Hertfordshire. 

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

The queens mother was born in either London or Hertfordshire. 

And grew up at Glamis.

She certainly considered herself Scottish.

Prince Philip was a Midshipman onboard Hms Valiant at the battle of Cape Matapan in WWII.

When the Royal Navy handed out a doing to the Italian Navy.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Prince Philip was a Midshipman onboard Hms Valiant at the battle of Cape Matapan in WWII.

When the Royal Navy handed out a doing to the Italian Navy.

Were you a shipmate?😉

****ing pathetic attitude towards an old man Ill in hospital. He's someone's Da, Grandpa, Great Grandpa etc...  And if he has covid, his Mrs will have it anaw. Maybe folk should think about their own elders and how they would be feeling if they were in hospital. Utter shite patter. 

Edited by ri Alban

37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

****ing pathetic attitude towards an old man Ill in hospital. He's someone's Da, Grandpa, Great Grandpa etc...  And if he has covid, his Mrs will have it anaw. Maybe folk should think about their own elders and how they would be feeling if they were in hospital. Utter shite patter. 

Has he got Covid ? 

I've not been following the story as its no connection to me or my family. 

Hope he recovers as I would wish for anyone in his situation. 

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Hope the old codger makes it through. 

I think Queeny will live well into her 100's imo. 

Her Mother made it to 101. I think there's a history of the women in their family being long lived. Princess Maggie aside who drank and smoked herself to death.

4 hours ago, FWJ said:

Indeed.

Not born to a Scottish mother, however the Queen's mother was a blood ancestor of Robert Bruce and the Queen on her father's side is a blood ancestor of Mary Queen of Scots, so the Queen on both her Father & Mother's side is from two of the most important Scottish House's.

I always find it funny when people concentrate on her House of Hanover roots but conveniently ignore that the Queen also has roots from the House of Bruce & the House of Stuart.

That's like saying I'm Irish because I have Moran ancestry, whilst ignoring my Scottish McDonald & Malcolm ancestry.

23 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

True. There's folk out there who don't care what door he leaves that hospital via. 😉

Not the slightest interest in him . He’s had a life of privilege which  we can only dream of. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Her Mother made it to 101. I think there's a history of the women in their family being long lived. Princess Maggie aside who drank and smoked herself to death.

Course he has lived to 99 like the other Bunch of previous scroungers they spawn from . No worries about money , work , housing , best of health and food . What a life but sadly for them they are not immortal . No one is . 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Course he has lived to 99 like the other Bunch of previous scroungers they spawn from . No worries about money , work , housing , best of health and food . What a life but sadly for them they are not immortal . No one is . 

"There's no one here getting out alive"