Potholes

Muppetboy

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Some real bad ones out there just now. Bound to be some claims getting put in against councils soon. Got to have your wits about you 

There certainly is

A lot worse since the snow and ice.

As long as they extend the trams everything is fine.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Third world roads in Scotlands capital city.

The 'repairs' they do are ****in comical.

Patch up jobs.

Stewie Griffin

We had around a dozen large potholes at the entrance to our street ( in Bonnyrigg ) reported them to the council on 3 separate occasions and nothing was done about it. Decided to email my local councillor about it and they were fixed the next day. 

I dont drive at present as I dont have a car, through choice. I travel to and from work by bus. I use the no8.

I get on at West Granton Road at Lidl's and from there up Pilton Drive North, along Boswall Parkway, then Wardie Crescent to Granton Road must be one of the worst stretches in all of Edinburgh for potholes. The bus shakes and rattles worse than a a bairn's rattle getting it full pelt.

Edinburgh's roads are a disgrace.

1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

Bet there's not a single cycle lane with a pothole in it though.

With the greatest respect, bollocks. There are routes in Edinburgh I have to use my mountain bike on as they would destroy a road bike. If buses are bouncing around in the bus lanes then what chance a bike as they are shared lanes. 

Just now, Tazio said:

With the greatest respect, bollocks. There are routes in Edinburgh I have to use my mountain bike on as they would destroy a road bike. If buses are bouncing around in the bus lanes then what chance a bike as they are shared lanes

With the greatest respect, if they're shared lanes they're not cycle lanes.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Bet there's not a single cycle lane with a pothole in it though.

Nah the cycle lanes are ridiculously dangerous if you're not confident.

Just now, Lemongrab said:

With the greatest respect, if they're shared lanes they're not cycle lanes.

In that case, with the greatest respect of course, the reason there are no potholes in cycle lanes is that potholes are created by motor vehicles. 

On Maybury Road southbound the road has been down to one lane for several months for roadworks that don't seem to be getting worked on pavement side.

The other lane has massive potholes that you cannot drive around because of these roadworks.  Its a ****ing disgrace.

WoolfordsHearts
55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

On Maybury Road southbound the road has been down to one lane for several months for roadworks that don't seem to be getting worked on pavement side.

The other lane has massive potholes that you cannot drive around because of these roadworks.  Its a ****ing disgrace.

I've only driven that route in the last couple of weeks for work and can't believe how bad it is.

I'm travelling from the sticks but our roads are in far better nick than Edinburgh's are.

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I've only driven that route in the last couple of weeks for work and can't believe how bad it is.

I'm travelling from the sticks but our roads are in far better nick than Edinburgh's are.

South Lanarkshire was a nightmare until maybe claims made them totally redo most backroads about 10 years ago. Woolfords to Carnwath, Carnwath to Forth via Braehead and Carnwath to Biggar were like dirt tracks, these are roads I travelled on going to work and thats why I mentioned them but most of the area was a disgrace.

I'm not even going to mention the Auchengray to Wilsontown road!

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

WoolfordsHearts
7 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

South Lanarkshire was a nightmare until maybe claims made them totally redo most backroads about 10 years ago. Woolfords to Carnwath, Carnwath to Forth via Braehead and Carnwath to Biggar were like dirt tracks, these are roads I travelled on going to work and thats why I mentioned them but most of the area was a disgrace.

I'm not even going to mention the Auchengray to Wilsontown road!

The road out to Harburn way is in great condition tbf,from Woolfords out to Carnwath you'd need a sherman tank to make it there alive.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

The road out to Harburn way is in great condition tbf,from Woolfords out to Carnwath you'd need a sherman tank to make it there alive.

Most of that road is in West Lothian and because WLC hang back on gritting theres less pot holes.