The Eurovision Song Contest

Captain Slog

Is returning in May.  The Albanian entry is a song called Tick Tock - do they know something we don't about some of the teams that shafted us last year?

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My opinion..........this competition is absolute guff and has been for years, should be canned.

182million viewers every year means this is going nowhere.

Never been the same since Sandie Shaw won it with Puppet on a string in 1967.

Not forgetting brotherhood of man, save all your kisses for me🙂.

• 2 months later...

Belarus has been thrown out after their song was all about putting the boot into protestors (no,really).

So they came back with another entry about....putting the boot into protestors.

They obviously had no intent of appearing on the show and were trying to get kicked out so they could cry about cancel culture or something.

Pricks.

JudyJudyJudy

I can’t stand it actually which may surprise some ! Never have ! I’ll watch it if nothin else on but it’s generally awful . However I did go to a camp euro party a couple years ago when u were assigned a country and a face painter painted their flag on your cheek ( face no ass mind u might have been more fun 🤩) then you £1 in a bowl and the winners won the cash. It was a good night actually and walk of Shame the next day from Leith of all places 👍😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sounds like an orgy, rather than a party.

He who dares, Rodders.

:sadrobbo:

Isn’t that how the best parties end ? Let’s just say Poland and Latvia had a new level of understanding and peace in the morning 😎

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bardzo dobrze.

No sure what that means 😂 there wasn’t much conversation 

JudyJudyJudy

Actually also been to another Euro party and they had score sheets . You had to score in 3 categories . Song , performance and costume ! Marks out of 10 it was quite good 

Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Isn’t that how the best parties end ? Let’s just say Poland and Latvia had a new level of understanding and peace in the morning 😎

My oldest daughter was at the Riga Eurovision in 2003.

They had been on Baltic Sea patrol and the ship docked in Riga on that Saturday & a number of the crew were allowed to go into town, I think she just stayed in the main square where there were big screens and a party was in full flow, she had a great time she said, although they were leaving very early the next morning so they had to be back on board by something like 11pm or so.