Prisoner of War

Boof

In case anyone is remotely interested, the drama group I'm part of have been working on a radio play for local radio.

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, it's now available across the globe :)

Jessie in the shoap!   What a rit bij. 

😀 

You take part yourself?   Listened the first 17mins, will do some more another day.  Can't wait to hear whit jimsie has to say... 

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Jessie in the shoap!   What a rit bij. 

😀

You take part yourself?   Listened the first 17mins, will do some more another day.  Can't wait to hear whit jimsie has to say... 

No, not in it meself.

I found it difficult not picturing the readers in my head, though, as I know them all.

The actual play doesn't last the full hour of the programme - probably half an hour, tops. There's a Q&A with an Italian historian giving some context to it and also the writer and producer/director.

I used to listen to a lot of Radio Scotland plays about 40 years ago, when I first became a student and had no TV, and before I discovered the delights of the Union. I've not listened to one since. I'll give this a listen to and reminisce.  Thanks for posting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Boof said:

And another one @Lemongrab - going live on YouTube (1900 BST 23/4/2021) this time...

Cheers Boof. 👍

Some of our members were lucky enough to actually get on stage recently.

The fruit of their endeavours will be going live on YouTube at 1900 BST, 30/4/2021.

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

My grandad was a prisoner of war.

The second husband of one of Mrs JJ's Great Grandmother's spent over 3 years in Friedrichsfeld P.O.W. camp during WWI.

He was captured at the battle of Festubert in May 1915 and spent the rest of the war as a P.O.W.

Friedrichsfeld P.O.W. camp was one of the better camps you could have been sent to, at least the prisoners were fed and allowed to grow vegetables for themselves to suppliment their rations.  Not all camps were as good or as well run as Friedrichsfeld.