The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )

mickycameron98

I think we are worrying about this unecessarily as I am certain the SPL will have robust procedures and guidelines in place well in advance of fans being allowed to return to games.

We're in safe hands, people!

:fing25:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• GinRummy

• Des' Dad

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I think mass event organisers are entitled to impose a 'covid passport' entry policy as they see fit.   This is all about choice.  Individual chooses not have vaccine, event organiser chooses not to let them in to the event.  If that's how we have to live for next year or two then I don't see a problem.    

Most businesses including pubs, restaurants, football clubs, airlines have the right to refuse admission to anyone without giving a reason. How would vaccinated people feel about sitting for hours on an aircraft sharing recirculated air with people who hadn't had a vaccination or a test for Covid19. That, I would submit, is against OUR civil rights.

King Of The Cat Cafe

If we get back next season and capacity is limited to a third or a half, there will be a lot of disappointed ST holders.

I wonder if the club would make an offer along the lines "we will sell you a reduced ST for all Hearts TV matches if you agree not to put your bum on a seat in 21/22"?

It could be an attractive option for long-distance supporters who normally travel by train or plane to Edinburgh - as well as easing any lottery of who will get through the turnstiles and who will not.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, that was all too convenient imo. A lot of world leaders just so happened to get it.  The cynic in me had me questioning it.

Cynical, you???

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we are worrying about this unecessarily as I am certain the SPL will have robust procedures and guidelines in place well in advance of fans being allowed to return to games.

Aye. Leave it up to our very capable Scottish football administrators. Nae worries there then.

been here before
8 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I wonder if the club would make an offer along the lines "we will sell you a reduced ST for all Hearts TV matches if you agree not to put your bum on a seat in 21/22"?

Id happily take my risks with Covid than put up with another season of ****in Hearts TV matches.

45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Teach me to make a random post on my lunch break then log off. I thought given who I was responding to that it would be obvious it was a parody. Apparently some of the posters on here are so out there that it is now impossible to distinguish between real posts and what I thought was a completely ridiculous and over the top parody.

You fooled me. 😁

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Aye. Leave it up to our very capable Scottish football administrators. Nae worries there then.

I find it really hard to believe that those running our game will be able to come up with a plan to get us back in grounds. Its disappointing but this is going to need the big clubs to act together to push for a way forward.

If its limited capacity I imagine the murrayfield question will come up again.

I just want back to the footy. I've spent a year dealing with covid and am sick to the back teeth of it. I've seen up close the harm it can do but we need to get some sort of normality back.

Masks in grounds with reduced capacity, passports etc. We could all turn up 30 minutes early and do a lateral flow test to be allowed in!!(that'll mess up the pain in the arse,last minute arriving fans!!!)(actually I even miss those *******s right now!!!).

GIVE US BACK OUR FOOTY!!!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 151 said:

Did you delete my comment? 

Yes, along with quite a few others. Anyone can pm me to discuss if they wish. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Id happily take my risks with Covid than put up with another season of ****in Hearts TV matches.

Oh come on, the coverage is not that bad.  

* Checks own notes again, well perhaps you have a point...

2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Oh come on, the coverage is not that bad.  

* Checks own notes again, well perhaps you have a point...

Not wanting to derail the thread but the pre-match analysis by Robert Borthwick is a big step in the right direction for Hearts TV. 

44 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Most businesses including pubs, restaurants, football clubs, airlines have the right to refuse admission to anyone without giving a reason. How would vaccinated people feel about sitting for hours on an aircraft sharing recirculated air with people who hadn't had a vaccination or a test for Covid19. That, I would submit, is against OUR civil rights.

I’ve had the vaccine and I’d be fine with it. (You did ask).

fabienleclerq
42 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If we get back next season and capacity is limited to a third or a half, there will be a lot of disappointed ST holders.

It could be an attractive option for long-distance supporters who normally travel by train or plane to Edinburgh - as well as easing any lottery of who will get through the turnstiles and who will not.

I think the season tickets will be a hard sell next year tbh, after this years "wording issues". Folk aren't gonna buy multiple ones for a household etc if there's a risk of no attendance. 

3 hours ago, sac said:

Won’t be taking the vaccine, and if that prohibits me from going to Tyncastle, boozers, restaurants, (which I doubt) or travelling abroad, so be it. People should not be forced into doing something against their will. 

Absolutely nobody who matters has said or even suggested that anyone should be forced into taking a vaccine against their will. 🤫😄

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

But with the Covid vaccinations, based on what we know about their effectiveness it becomes similar to the flu.

Will we all have to have flu vaccinations too?

Flu is a serious illness but as far as I am aware it's not caused a pandemic which has shut down the entire world. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think the season tickets will be a hard sell next year tbh, after this years "wording issues". Folk aren't gonna buy multiple ones for a household etc if there's a risk of no attendance. 

Tbf when the St's were sold no-one anticipated a whole season without attending games 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It will be your own choice by 1 August. 

If you don't fancy it, stay at home,  you won't get fined for doing that. Your place of work may have different ideas right enough, but once the vaccine is out, that will be all.

We can invite the FM to unfurl the championship flag on the opening day of the 21/22 season

A gesture of thanks for her unwavering support for football

Three cheers for the FM....................I said three cheers for the FM.......I said 3 cheers for the FM.......oh your right Boooooooooooo

Edited by CJGJ

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I take it that you are being sarcastic 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ha, maybe that’s a tad too far and I was being facetious myself!

I think those who refuse to get vaccinated (or those who cannot be vaccinated) will be prejudiced against by some companies and certainly by other people. 

There's a big difference between refusing and not being able to get it. I certainly hope we have a vaccine passport system of some sort. The anti-vaxxers were already busy making Measles a thing again before covid hit. What's next to make a return? Polio? We should make it as hard as possible for these people who think reading forums gives them more knowledge than scientists to function in society unless they join society in taking herd immunity seriously.

3 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

I seem to recall the Prime Minister saying this shortly before he caught it and had to be hospitalised.

You obviously know no-one who has worked on the COVID wards in the ERI.  I do and my friend is pig sick of seeing people die with this bloody virus.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Domestically, as long as the vaccine uptake is good then a few not taking it will be OK. But to travel to another country means you most likely will need it, which applies to other vaccines anyway.

Don’t take the vaccine then the likelihood is you will be restricting an awful lot - travel, entry into various venues etc.

why on Earth wouldn’t you take it ? Unless there is a medical reason. 
seems to me some just like to rebel

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Domestically, as long as the vaccine uptake is good then a few not taking it will be OK. But to travel to another country means you most likely will need it, which applies to other vaccines anyway.

100%  

3 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

😂😂 the good old days of someone dropping an egg(and their bowel) in the shed..and the gap gettin bigger round them as the offending smell lingered 😂😂😂🇱🇻

I have a friend who “sharted” on the bus on the way to the cup semi final in 86. He ditched his undies in a stair near Hampden. He swears you can see a big circle around where he was standing on the TV footage. Like a crater 😀

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤣 They definitely won't leave it until the last minute and blame it on the government while also saying it's all the clubs' decision anyhow.

5 hours ago, ford donald said:

The vaccine or remedy could do you more harm than protection.There are lots of debate about this,your choice.

Sorry that is so much nonsense it needs an answer. All vaccines carry a small risk but MUCH less than catching the disease. I do not know a single medic who has declined the vaccine.

29 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Sorry that is so much nonsense it needs an answer. All vaccines carry a small risk but MUCH less than catching the disease. I do not know a single medic who has declined the vaccine.

Lost a friend to this virus. She didn't have a chance to get the vaccine. We should think ourselves lucky. 

1 hour ago, deejtee said:

A good response to the anti vaccine research  is - You can explain Einstein’s theory to 100 monkeys for a 100 years, but at end of the day they will still be monkeys.

3 hours ago, deejtee said:

There are top professors out there who would disagree with you,but hey, what do they know.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

There are top professors out there who would disagree with you,but hey, what do they know.

Like Andrew Wakefield? 🤣

fabienleclerq
14 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Tbf when the St's were sold no-one anticipated a whole season without attending games 

Absolutely, I just think people will be more cautious in buying until they know they'll get in. Personally Im not paying the best part of £500 for a stream. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Absolutely, I just think people will be more cautious in buying until they know they'll get in. Personally Im not paying the best part of £500 for a stream. 

I might well be wrong here but wasnt there an option, depending on what level of ST you bought, that you could put 50% toward a ST for season 21/22 which would make this years half price fir yhe same seat?

Granted that would still be too much for the crap that Hearts TV serve up as match coverage.

Edited by been here before

9 hours ago, ford donald said:

Top professors???? Name them and their quotes. I and my twin have spoken to many people in prominent positions here and in Australia and looked up medical research on the subject. I repeat I know no medics who have declined the virus for themselves or their families.

Just now, deejtee said:

Top professors???? Name them and their quotes. I and my twin have spoken to many people in prominent positions here and in Australia and looked up medical research on the subject. I repeat I know no medics who have declined the virus for themselves or their families.

Oops should obviously be declined the vaccine.

fabienleclerq
53 minutes ago, been here before said:

I might well be wrong here but wasnt there an option, depending on what level of ST you bought, that you could put 50% toward a ST for season 21/22 which would make this years half price fir yhe same seat?

Granted that would still be too much for the crap that Hearts TV serve up as match coverage.

Unsure tbh, I bought mine and the wee mans on the back of the ticket office saying it'd be for games attended and ive had a stream instead. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Unsure tbh, I bought mine and the wee mans on the back of the ticket office saying it'd be for games attended and ive had a stream instead. 

Here...

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package

"With that in mind we propose the following to take account of differential season ticket prices :-

· Bronze / Gold / Silver : 1 streamed game is treated as 1 game off your 18 game season ticket

· Platinum / Premium : 2 streamed games is treated as the equivalent of 1 game off your 18 game season ticket.  For the balance of games, you will be offered “streaming credit” vouchers to be used for Retail or Hospitality to the value of £25/£35 per game.  Should you not wish to receive a voucher, you will be credited with the appropriate number of games against next season’s renewal....

Example : Worse case scenario

(a) No supporters are allowed in this season.

14 Home Games are streamed

4 Cup Games are streamed

Bronze / Silver / Gold : Full value of season ticket is assumed to be used.

If unable to take full advantage of streaming, vouchers for £15 per game will be offered, to be redeemed for retail or hospitality.

Platinum / Premium : The equivalent of 9 games are assumed to have been used via streaming arrangements.  9 sets of vouchers for £25/£35 are offered for either Retail or Hospitality.

Note : Should supporters be unable/unwilling to utilise the voucher system at all or in full, a credit for “unused” games will be applied to next year’s season ticket.

been here before
21 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Flu is a serious illness but as far as I am aware it's not caused a pandemic which has shut down the entire world. 

Up to 100 million folk in dying of the Spanish flu between 1918-200. A third of the world population affected was a bit of an outbreak though...

Edited by been here before

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, been here before said:

Here...

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package

"With that in mind we propose the following to take account of differential season ticket prices :-

· Bronze / Gold / Silver : 1 streamed game is treated as 1 game off your 18 game season ticket

· Platinum / Premium : 2 streamed games is treated as the equivalent of 1 game off your 18 game season ticket.  For the balance of games, you will be offered “streaming credit” vouchers to be used for Retail or Hospitality to the value of £25/£35 per game.  Should you not wish to receive a voucher, you will be credited with the appropriate number of games against next season’s renewal....

Example : Worse case scenario

(a) No supporters are allowed in this season.

14 Home Games are streamed

4 Cup Games are streamed

Bronze / Silver / Gold : Full value of season ticket is assumed to be used.

If unable to take full advantage of streaming, vouchers for £15 per game will be offered, to be redeemed for retail or hospitality.

Platinum / Premium : The equivalent of 9 games are assumed to have been used via streaming arrangements.  9 sets of vouchers for £25/£35 are offered for either Retail or Hospitality.

Note : Should supporters be unable/unwilling to utilise the voucher system at all or in full, a credit for “unused” games will be applied to next year’s season ticket.

Cheers, brings the streaming price down a bit at least!