The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )

mickycameron98

mickycameron98

When our fans do finally return (which I hope will be the start of next season) it will no doubt feel great but also strange perhaps?

Will we celebrate like we are used to? For the big goals will we madly hug the person next to us anymore? Will masks have to be worn as compulsory for everyone going forward? 

For me these questions bring a sense of gloom surrounding the return of the game for us fans. We took it for granted being able to celebrate at will, but this sadly might be a thing of the past. ( At least for a good while)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• i8hibsh

• GinRummy

• Des' Dad

11 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

When our fans do finally return (which I hope will be the start of next season) it will no doubt feel great but also strange perhaps?

Will we celebrate like we are used to? For the big goals will we madly hug the person next to us anymore? Will masks have to be worn as compulsory for everyone going forward? 

For me these questions bring a sense of gloom surrounding the return of the game for us fans. We took it for granted being able to celebrate at will, but this sadly might be a thing of the past. ( At least for a good while)

It will feel extra strange, since we had very little to celebrate at Tynecastle in the 6 months prior to Covid - 2 wins against Sevco, and ...erm..... that was pretty much it.  

been here before
18 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

I dont think Ive ever hugged the person next to me, madly or otherwise.

Why would masks only need to be worn when we're attacking?

18 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Think we will all have to have had our two jags, and the way it's going that could be the end of the year before everyone has had both ,   so it's maybe going to have to be July 2022 before we're back in again in big numbers, if at all,   sadly.....

Remnants of Standards
23 minutes ago, His name is said:

The half / full time booing could produce a covid tornado around the stadium

😆😆😆😆😆

I will still hug the people around me when celebrating a goal , feck last years misery, I want to partee stylee Tyncastle , I JUST WANT BACKTO WHERE WE ALL WANT TO BE!

Cheer leaders, men & women from the Hearts family, hear the call, let Tynecastle rock!

ps: I’m 2rds through a bottle of Jim Beam, and I thank you for your attention at this time.

Hearts forever,

FTH

amen

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I've always believed that football should never have been restarted until things were fully back to normal.

We've had teams being demoted and promoted on a whim, we've had competitions stopped, restarted and then stopped again, we've had games simply forfeited 3-nil without being played, and each week we're having games played in empty stadiums.  The whole lot is completely pointless and farcical IMHO.

One day it will be deemed safe for me to travel northwards on a train full of hen parties, for me to sit in Diggers getting nicely drunk and watching the place getting fuller and fuller, and for me to sit in Tynecastle and cheer, boo or hug whoever I want to without worrying about what I might catch.

I don't know when that day will come, but it will come. But at the moment, football isn't real. It's simply about going through the motions for the sake of sponsors and advertisers. To be quite honest, even when Hearts are on telly I find myself looking at old videos on YouTube, reliving old games, old triumphs and the sheer joy of old celebrations. The stuff at the moment provides none of that, and is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned.

You aren't alone bud football is nothing without the fans 👍☺. 

5 hours ago, sassenach said:

To be quite honest, even when Hearts are on telly I find myself looking at old videos on YouTube, reliving old games, old triumphs and the sheer joy of old celebrations. The stuff at the moment provides none of that, and is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on. I’d rather sit down and watch the full 90 minutes of the 4-0 Celtic game, 98,06,5-1 cup finals, Bordeaux or Basel games than the Morton game on Saturday. That may just be because we’re shite and watching your team on the telly is shite, but it’s just not the same.  

My answer to the OP is that if we are playing the bigger clubs and beating them, the place will be rocking.

Ans that is a fact.

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well that's killed my erection.

Watch a montage of rudi scoring against hibs on YouTube, your full chubby will be restored.

A_A wehatethehibs

Looking forward to the day. Of course, it will be different but it’s the first step. Even if we all have to operate at half capacity, keep seats between fans empty to help out the social distancing or something, there needs to be plans in place. No away supports for a season, that’s fine by me, no need for unnecessary inter city travel. I am hanging on to a slim hope that at least some fans will be able to get in there for the trophy presentation game. I think 24th April last home game against ICT, has to have a chance of some fans in surely. Would be good to thank the players and manager for getting the job done and getting Hearts back up. Its been a thankless task. Not a great achievement but under the circumstances these players and manager have had to work, it will be appreciated, that when we get back there in full force, we won’t be watching championship football. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Looking forward to the day. Of course, it will be different but it’s the first step. Even if we all have to operate at half capacity, keep seats between fans empty to help out the social distancing or something, there needs to be plans in place. No away supports for a season, that’s fine by me, no need for unnecessary inter city travel. I am hanging on to a slim hope that at least some fans will be able to get in there for the trophy presentation game. I think 24th April last home game against ICT, has to have a chance of some fans in surely. Would be good to thank the players and manager for getting the job done and getting Hearts back up. Its been a thankless task. Not a great achievement but under the circumstances these players and manager have had to work, it will be appreciated, that when we get back there in full force, we won’t be watching championship football. 

Think we have zero chance of having any fans in this season.

24th April - you think we will even be out of lockdown by then let alone talking of having people in football grounds?

I think we need to consider whether renting Murrayfield is a viable option to get the maximum number of fans in when restrictions are relaxed enough to allow our season ticket capacity even if socially distanced.  When will that be?  Autumn would be my guess at the earliest.

9 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I will still hug the people around me when celebrating a goal , feck last years misery, I want to partee stylee Tyncastle , I JUST WANT BACKTO WHERE WE ALL WANT TO BE!

I reserve the right to give you a swift punch in the puss if you try that on me. 

Followed by a thorough rinse of my right fist with hand sanitiser.

Edited by Hearts_fan

mickycameron98
10 hours ago, been here before said:

You've obviously never been to a Derby then!

4 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Spot on. I’d rather sit down and watch the full 90 minutes of the 4-0 Celtic game, 98,06,5-1 cup finals, Bordeaux or Basel games than the Morton game on Saturday. That may just be because we’re shite and watching your team on the telly is shite, but it’s just not the same.  

Was in Section N for the celtic game, great atmosphere, but very cold.

It's going to be really strange but it's not just the game itself. What will it be like in the Diggers when we try to squeeze our way to the bar for the last pint at two thirty?

10 hours ago, sassenach said:

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I've always believed that football should never have been restarted until things were fully back to normal.

We've had teams being demoted and promoted on a whim, we've had competitions stopped, restarted and then stopped again, we've had games simply forfeited 3-nil without being played, and each week we're having games played in empty stadiums.  The whole lot is completely pointless and farcical IMHO.

One day it will be deemed safe for me to travel northwards on a train full of hen parties, for me to sit in Diggers getting nicely drunk and watching the place getting fuller and fuller, and for me to sit in Tynecastle and cheer, boo or hug whoever I want to without worrying about what I might catch.

I don't know when that day will come, but it will come. But at the moment, football isn't real. It's simply about going through the motions for the sake of sponsors and advertisers. To be quite honest, even when Hearts are on telly I find myself looking at old videos on YouTube, reliving old games, old triumphs and the sheer joy of old celebrations. The stuff at the moment provides none of that, and is completely pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Love this post, your spot on with everything there. I think your speaking for a lot of fans at what yiu have just said. 

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Here's hoping all this 'taking the knee' nonsense is long gone.

Every Hearts player taking a knee needs sacked . 

25 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's going to be really strange but it's not just the game itself. What will it be like in the Diggers when we try to squeeze our way to the bar for the last pint at two  ̷t̷h̷i̷r̷t̷y̷ fifty-nine?

FTFY 👍

Tokyo Drifter
11 hours ago, been here before said:

A few of our players have needed oxygen to get them over the half way line, to be fair.

10 hours ago, sassenach said:

Sadly a lot of that hits the nail on the head tbh. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

15896920-a-man-in-a-gas-mask-with-a-megaphone-calling-for-help.thumb.jpg.2054baf6b3ca772e5cab30e75431d3fa.jpg

'MOAN HEARTS !!!!' 

TBF that looks like one of those shan jumpers with goggles built in that the tea towel waving Fist of Gorgie wear anyway.  Chuck a Clone Island label on it and off you go. 

SectionDJambo
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You aren't alone bud football is nothing without the fans 👍☺. 

It's to be hoped that this message has been received loud and clear by the people pretending to run Scottish football, and they think again about pricing, generally, and kick off times for live tv matches.

And maybe listen to fans, who attend matches, as to what kind of league set up we would like to see.

Probably not, though.

I’ve been to 2.1 games this season. 

As a glasses wearer masks are a nightmare. 

But some times it adds to the excitement of what’s going on the other side of the pitch. 

Look at the positives. 

17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hopefully away supporters are banned due to Covid, enjoy you medicine, if you rely on their income 

I'd imagine those teams will find an inventive way to avoid their medicine should they be allowed to fill the stands with "home" fans. For example set up what would usually be their away sections as "new supporters areas" in the interim and no doubt find plenty local fans who've never been interested in attending their games suddenly flocking to buy tickets, but strangely only for very few specific matches. And coincidently they all turn up wearing colours matching that of the visiting team.

Edited by FTH

Fairly certain i've seen photos of fans at football stadiums during the Spanish Flu pandemic wearing masks, which im sure killed nearly 50million people. They were then ditched.

I'm sure we can get over this and move forward without a thin bit of paper/material over our face.

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, 151 said:

Fairly certain i've seen photos of fans at football stadiums during the Spanish Flu pandemic wearing masks, which im sure killed nearly 50million people. They were then ditched.

I'm sure we can get over this and move forward without a thin bit of paper/material over our face.

33C9DCB1-A7A2-408B-B3B7-2824D328DBC5.jpeg

portobellojambo1

It may well be different initially, but even that just can't come soon enough. I'm not having much fun at all watching football on TV, played in empty stadiums, as it just doesn't feel like proper football. I think it is reasonable to guess there will be restrictions of sorts, until they can learn more about this virus. Everyone is looking for a fast fix, a button that can be flicked and everything imediately reverts back to how it was. Reality is that ain't going to happen. It was only around the 1940's/1950's that the first vaccine for the flu jab started appearing, and the flu had probably been in existence since roundabout day 1. I think it will be a while yet before the authorities are confident that everything will work well for this present virus. But if the choice is you can go to football, have to wear a face mask and be socially distanced or continue to watch football on the TV then option 1 wins by a million miles.

been here before
2 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

You've obviously never been to a Derby then!

Because I dont hug random strangers?

Aye obviously....

Weakened Offender
19 hours ago, sassenach said:

Football is fake at the moment. It serves the purpose of giving people something to do but it's not real football. Having said that it was bloody nice to watch us beat the Leithers at Hampden again and the Celtic collapse has been a total joy to behold. 

Fort Vallance
23 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

For the second paragraph, for sure if it's the tidy thing that sits a couple of rows away. I might have to reign it in though and not do it every time we get a corner.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I didn't panic about getting flu, not going to panic about this.

More concerned about ***** spitting pie into my hair, so all for masks really 

Today marks 51 weeks since our last home game with fans inside the ground(against Motherwell)

I never went to st midden mid week away so its nice in a way to know that my last game was in the bosom of my jambo family at our Own ground.    51 weeks!!! 

It will return to normal at some point, went through the full return of AFL here in Australia last year from no fans to limited numbers , in the 100,s to 1000,s , to 25% capacity to 50% then to full a ground  the final ( which I went to ) fans hugging , jumping around etc was great . This year the Brisbane roar home ground is a 15 min walk from my house so I have taken in a few football games and it’s all back to normal , so hang tight and it will be back 

Whilst I agree things are not the same without fans, I think this lockdown without football would have been incredibly difficult. It has given us something to debate, moan about and to look forward to on a Saturday. 

kingantti1874

We won’t be going back until it is safe to interact so I have zero worries about the match day experience.

I actually think the demand for football will be huge. Lots of sell outs regardless of the product on the pitch. 

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t be going back until it is safe to interact so I have zero worries about the match day experience.

I actually think the demand for football will be huge. Lots of sell outs regardless of the product on the pitch. 

I've a feeling it'll be like the huge crowds just after the war, people champing at the bit to get back

• davemclaren changed the title to The eventual return to Tynecastle ( merged )