Eggy language

AlimOzturk

Anyone else remember using this when they were younger? 

Use to think we were cool and doing something the teachers couldn't understand our plots and schemes.  Only until later we found out the majority of teachers did the same when they were at school :laugh2:

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Use to think we were cool and doing something the teachers couldn't understand our plots and schemes.  Only until later we found out the majority of teachers did the same when they were at school :laugh2:

We still use it in the house when trying to keep stuff from the wee one.

Issue is, she can now speak it/understand it as well :lol:

38 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Eggoh fegguck eggoff!

Eggi'd feggorgeggotteggon eggall eggabout theggat! 

36 minutes ago, felix said:

Fegg off ya tregg

Tregg like bag off better still be getting used by youngsters today 

Tregg was a great word. 

49 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Tregg like bag off better still be getting used by youngsters today 

Tregg was a great word. 

Indeed it was - the one I remember best - and not really meant to be directed @Norm - just great to use after all those years.

31 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Never used in corstorphine primary but we did play british bulldogs at break time.

Was it not called Colonial dogs in corstorphine..? 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Never used in corstorphine primary but we did play british bulldogs at break time.

We did stuff like that in D Mains Primary.  Myself and some mates got a lecture from the headmaster for dangerous play.

34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We did stuff like that in D Mains Primary.  Myself and some mates got a lecture from the headmaster for dangerous play.

D Mains was for the Posh.  I went to Silverknowes along with wee Strachan.

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Eggy was good fun.  👍

Just for the record @ri Alban, I had friends and wasn’t a virgin when I spoke the oval lingo.  😎

Bet your wife had a blinding honeymoon🤣

33 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

D Mains was for the Posh.  I went to Silverknowes along with wee Strachan.

I had to ho there for 6 months in 1973, whilst they fixed a problem with our classroom at Pirniehall.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I had to ho there for 6 months in 1973, whilst they fixed a problem with our classroom at Pirniehall.

1973?  I had been promoted to Trinity A by then.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

British bulldogs was ace, Harold.  👍

Just now, John Findlay said:

Mmmmmmmm, she says differently 😉

She only said that to make you feel less inadequate, John!  :qqb011:

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You posh person you😉

Only the best went to Trinity Academy; well until we joined up with DK. And eggy language was well used at Trinity

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Never heard of it,   out in wild west lothian we barely spoke English/Scots/whatever

It was certainly used in Blackburn by the Punks in the early 80s, I couldn't understand it though.

luckyBatistuta

Can’t speak any of it, but my mrs is fluent with it. The speed that she can talk in eggy language is ridiculous🤷‍♂️🤯

Doctor FinnBarr
35 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Jeez, I recall using something similar in West Lothian in the seventies though, but it was a Worzel Gummidge language.

12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Abbeyhill was the same.

13 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It was certainly used in Blackburn by the Punks in the early 80s, I couldn't understand it though.

Guess we were more sophisticated in Whitburn :lol: 

5 hours ago, the general said:

... the other thing was saying words backwards!!  One of my best pals is still called Noj by everyone

I can't remember if they had that at our school. Anyway, my nickname at school was the "Kid", I assume because folk thought I was like the American outlaw Billy The Kid.

On 18/02/2021 at 12:45, Harry Potter said:

1993, playing on the deep pitch at Murrayburn Primary school. I was in the middle, was terrible at it. One of my mates got past me, so I tripped him up a feggucker. He smashed his head open, blood everywhere. I pretended he just tripped over himself.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I can't remember if they had that at our school. Anyway, my nickname at school was the "Kid", I assume because folk thought I was like the American outlaw Billy The Kid.

Kid Rekus?

13 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

1993, playing on the deep pitch at Murrayburn Primary school. I was in the middle, was terrible at it. One of my mates got past me, so I tripped him up a feggucker. He smashed his head open, blood everywhere. I pretended he just tripped over himself.

😧

British Bulldogs got banned at our school. Followed by Spanish Spaniels and then German Shepherds. Turns out, just changing the name of the game wasn't enough to fool our teachers. Who'd have thought it? 

Other games to be banned included conkers, after a couple of kids got wrapped on the nuckles with a sixer, marbles, after a couple of windows got tanned by a stray cats eye, and pitchy, because apparently gambling isn't appropriate for 9 year olds. 

On 18/02/2021 at 12:45, Harry Potter said:

I went to granton primary and never used it. Maybe because we were so schemie we didn't need to 😂

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

British Bulldogs got banned at our school. Followed by Spanish Spaniels and then German Shepherds. Turns out, just changing the name of the game wasn't enough to fool our teachers. Who'd have thought it? 

Other games to be banned included conkers, after a couple of kids got wrapped on the nuckles with a sixer, marbles, after a couple of windows got tanned by a stray cats eye, and pitchy, because apparently gambling isn't appropriate for 9 year olds. 

Pitchy was popular game at my primary.  By P7 our teachers bought 7a and 7b a football to stop us fighting (well everything else was banned).