Jump to content

Your Most Unpopular Opinions


Lord BJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

AlphonseCapone
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

For sure

 

Image

 

That's a delicious quote without any context or evidence to its validity Justin. If I posted a quote from a loved one who lost a family member because a doctor messed up would you accept that as proof medical care needs to go?

 

And still don't see your alternative to capitalism though? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • sadj

    35

  • Governor Tarkin

    38

  • Locky

    36

  • Justin Z

    29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

That's a delicious quote without any context or evidence to its validity Justin. If I posted a quote from a loved one who lost a family member because a doctor messed up would you accept that as proof medical care needs to go?

 

And still don't see your alternative to capitalism though? 

 

The context is: de-regulated, capitalist Texas power companies which turned a public utility into a commodity for private profit, have raised rates hundreds of times over, because they can. In the middle of their crazy climate-change driven freeze, ironically also directly caused by capitalism.

 

It's something that's only possible when the workers don't own the means of production—which is the alternative, and which is the actual unpopular opinion.

 

And why is that? Because your premise that anti-capitalists don't understand economics derives from the narrative that capitalism is good, that we've all had pushed on us from birth by virtually every form of media we're ever exposed to our entire lives.

 

Your opinion isn't the least bit unpopular. It's orthodoxy in the West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, been here before said:

 

You mean like your shoesies, shirtys, sockys?

 

:lol:

 

Imagine coming into a thread about unpopular opinions, posting an opinion you think is unpopular and having a meltdown because someone else has an opinion.

 

:rofl:

 

Meltdown, aye, ok then. Like I said, roaster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
36 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Meltdown, aye, ok then. Like I said, roaster.

 

Footy

 

:facepalm:

 

Meltdown because someone mentions it on a thread about opinions...

 

:rofl:

 

Edited by been here before
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scarface is a shit film that is basically Al Pacino spending a long time going from angry to very angry with no subtlety. Only loved by “lads” who get all excited by the guns and coke, the type that think Oasis are the peak moment of musical history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cheetah said:

Jonno's posts are not half as funny, witty, clever or poetic as most folk on here make out.

 

 

  Hide contents

no offence Jonno :lol: 

 

 

I certainly don't breathlessly wait by my computer for his next post, but from time to time he uses turns of phrase that are just ideal for the situation (although I haven't seen one for a while, possibly because I haven't been on the Terrace much). Perhaps not so much funny, witty or clever, but certainly poetic in an "in your face" way which does merit him being JKB's poet laureate, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Scarface is a shit film that is basically Al Pacino spending a long time going from angry to very angry with no subtlety. Only loved by “lads” who get all excited by the guns and coke, the type that think Oasis are the peak moment of musical history. 

Never watched it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Scarface is a shit film that is basically Al Pacino spending a long time going from angry to very angry with no subtlety. Only loved by “lads” who get all excited by the guns and coke, the type that think Oasis are the peak moment of musical history. 

That's a perfect summing up of the film for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doctors cannot diagnose everything but people want to believe they can so they pretend that they can.

 

In fact there are quite a few things they simply have to take the patient's word for...All sorts of pain particularly neck, back and headaches - yet the biggest specialism is pain management!; Mental illnesses are all diagnosed via a freaking box-ticking exercise and identifying new ones seems to be what many doctors aspire to in their career; Don't even get me started on labythrinthitis, not being male or female etc. 

 

Allied to this, people who say they have depression are always self-centred navel-gazers who might feel better about themselves if they thought about someone else for a change...

 

(i'm gonna get a load of dissension on the above!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

The context is: de-regulated, capitalist Texas power companies which turned a public utility into a commodity for private profit, have raised rates hundreds of times over, because they can. In the middle of their crazy climate-change driven freeze, ironically also directly caused by capitalism.

 

It's something that's only possible when the workers don't own the means of production—which is the alternative, and which is the actual unpopular opinion.

 

And why is that? Because your premise that anti-capitalists don't understand economics derives from the narrative that capitalism is good, that we've all had pushed on us from birth by virtually every form of media we're ever exposed to our entire lives.

 

Your opinion isn't the least bit unpopular. It's orthodoxy in the West.

 

Capitalism is like democracy, not perfect, but there's zero realistic alternative. Unless you have one? 

 

Anyway, confession time Justin. I mainly posted my original post after reading your post on capitalism and was really just hoping for a bite. Sorry pal 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Anyway, confession time Justin. I mainly posted my original post after reading your post on capitalism and was really just hoping for a bite. Sorry pal 😬

 

:jj:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

you should have to pass a test to prove a minimum intelligence to be eligible to vote

Some of the cleverest people I know are imbeciles politically. Elections and parties really need done away with. They’re all lying *******s that are out for themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Some of the cleverest people I know are imbeciles politically. Elections and parties really need done away with. They’re all lying *******s that are out for themselves. 

 

So, do away with elections and allow a strong, charismatic, leader to assume total control then...? What could go wrong?   :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Idris Elba is hugely over-rated

 

He was excellent in The Wire, as were many of the other actors, but apart from that...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

 

So, do away with elections and allow a strong, charismatic, leader to assume total control then...? What could go wrong?   :whistling:

Lol na just no actual leaders. I’m not sure how to work it but having basically 2 options all the time isn’t good. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol na just no actual leaders. I’m not sure how to work it but having basically 2 options all the time isn’t good. 
 

 

Anarchy in the UK then!   :) :icon14:

 

An apocryphal quote from the "nation's favourite" strong, charismatic, leader, Winston Churchill had it that: "...democracy is the worst from of government - except for all the others that have been tried... ". Now, unlike BoJo, I'm not WC's biggest fan - great wartime leader, admittedly - but he might just have been right with this one!

Edited by Auld Reekin'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

 

Anarchy in the UK then!   :) :icon14:

 

An apocryphal quote from the "nation's favourite" strong, charismatic, leader, Winston Churchill had it that: "...democracy is the worst from of government - except for all the others that have been tried... ". Now, unlike BoJo, I'm not WC's biggest fan - great wartime leader, admittedly - but he might just have been right with this one!

Not anarchy of course not lol. I always hope that the world will come together at some point and work for us all. Some coalition where we do the best for everybody. 
I know that’s never likely to happen though so we vote one way and tell the other people they’re completely wrong about everything and I’m right. You’re scum etc etc 

Edited by jack D and coke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Not anarchy of course not lol. I always hope that the world will come together at some point and work for us all. Some coalition where we do the best for everybody. 
I know that’s never likely to happen though so we vote one way and tell the other people they’re completely wrong about everything and I’m right. Your scum etc etc 

 

Don't disagree with any of that. Without wanting to hijack or drag off-topic, it's part of the reason that I hope we'll soon see the political environment undergo radical change here in Scotland.  :icon14:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, been here before said:

 

Footy

 

:facepalm:

 

Meltdown because someone mentions it on a thread about opinions...

 

:rofl:

 

You critisice a word someone uses, why? Is the word "footy" not cool enough for you? Or a word people of lesser intelligence than you use. I bow to your superior intellect. Like I said.....Roaster. You do like that wee laughing man don't you. Sign of your superiority imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
4 minutes ago, tightrope said:

You critisice a word someone uses, why? Is the word "footy" not cool enough for you? Or a word people of lesser intelligence than you use. I bow to your superior intellect. Like I said.....Roaster. You do like that wee laughing man don't you. Sign of your superiority imo. 

 

You criticise women for playing football after 15, why? Isnt that cool enough for you?  Thats your opinion. Fair doos, its what the threads about.

 

My opinion is the word "footy" is used by idiots.

 

Whats the thread title? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

 

 

Whats the thread title? 

 

 

You’re most unpopular opinions.

 

It should say Your.

 

And do you mean What’s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

You’re most unpopular opinions.

 

It should say Your.

 

And do you mean What’s?

 

It wasnt actually a pop at poor punctuation. Im merely finding it amusing our wee pal is getting so worked up about someones opinion after he's posted on a thread entitled 'Your Most Unpopular Opinions'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sir Craig Gordon

Edinburgh isn't this wonderful pretty city everyone makes out. Its a ****ing dump.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Euro currency has taking a bit of the joy away from travelling in Europe.

One of the Joys of travelling in Europe for me was exchanging my sterling for the French Franc, German Deutschemark, Dutch Guilder, Portuguese Escudo, Spanish Peseta, and my favourite the Italian Lira as you got something like 4,000 lira to the pound and you felt minted.

The inconvenience never bothered me. Now with the Euro there is much of a richness along with seeing Macdonald's and other big global brands everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Capitalism is like democracy, not perfect, but there's zero realistic alternative. Unless you have one? 

 

Anyway, confession time Justin. I mainly posted my original post after reading your post on capitalism and was really just hoping for a bite. Sorry pal 😬

 

All good. If you're actually interested in alternatives after all, start here. I recommend Reform or Revolution by Rosa Luxemberg.

 

It would be nice to discuss alternatives with an open-minded, decent fellow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

You criticise women for playing football after 15, why? Isnt that cool enough for you?  Thats your opinion. Fair doos, its what the threads about.

 

My opinion is the word "footy" is used by idiots.

 

Whats the thread title? 

 

 

You calling me an idiot for using a word? That says a lot more about you, Roaster boy.

FYI, that's not my opinion, it was actually in relation to a thread in the terrace. I was being a bit sarcastic.

Regardless even if I was an idiot, what makes you so special that you can make that decision due to my word choice? Your obviously a smart arsed **** as well as a roaster. People who use the word footy are idiots? Really? lol, what a walloper. You wouldn't get away with calling me an idiot in person, roaster. Anyway enough ping pong. You my man, are a tit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
11 minutes ago, tightrope said:

You calling me an idiot for using a word? That says a lot more about you, Roaster boy.

FYI, that's not my opinion, it was actually in relation to a thread in the terrace. I was being a bit sarcastic.

Regardless even if I was an idiot, what makes you so special that you can make that decision due to my word choice? Your obviously a smart arsed **** as well as a roaster. People who use the word footy are idiots? Really? lol, what a walloper. You wouldn't get away with calling me an idiot in person, roaster. Anyway enough ping pong. You my man, are a tit. 

 

 

:rofl:

 

If there was ever an example of someone just not getting a thread.

 

What a meltdown.

 

"Footy"

 

:facepalm:

 

"Ping pong"

 

:facepalm:

 

Everyone knows its table tennis.

 

 

Edited by been here before
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

 

:rofl:

 

If there was ever an example of someone just not getting a thread.

 

What a meltdown.

 

"Footy"

 

:facepalm:

 

"Ping pong"

 

:facepalm:

 

Everyone knows its table tennis.

 

 

Meltdown 

👨‍❤️‍👨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Sausage

People sidetracking a thread should take their sexual tension to the PMs and leave this thread to continue to flourish. 
 

must be an unpopular opinion given every ****ing thread is trashed by this pish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

 

Et tu, tarké? :oldsad:

 

Moi? Je suis toujours plein de merde.

 

Bof. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

People sidetracking a thread should take their sexual tension to the PMs and leave this thread to continue to flourish. 
 

must be an unpopular opinion given every ****ing thread is trashed by this pish. 

You can **** off too 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

:facepalm:

 

"Ping pong"

 

:facepalm:

 

Everyone knows its table tennis.

 

 

 

Wiff waff, no?

 

Image result for wiff waff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Moi? Je suis toujours plein de merde.

 

Bof. 🤷‍♂️

 

Sed nescio Gallico 😩

 

27 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

People sidetracking a thread should take their sexual tension to the PMs and leave this thread to continue to flourish. 
 

must be an unpopular opinion given every ****ing thread is trashed by this pish. 

 

:yas:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Wiff waff, no?

 

Image result for wiff waff

 

Went through my mind but thought it might have been too much for him so I decided to forego the 19th C dining tables of England.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeremy Clarkson is a brilliant presenter. 

Sitting watching who wants to be a millionaire. He's far better than Chris Tarrant ever was on this.

There's a guy on from musselburgh just now, definitely a hibby. Hope he goes home with nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

 

Sed nescio Gallico 😩

 

 

You lawyer types and your fancy Latin. :seething:

 

33 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Went through my mind but thought it might have been too much for him so I decided to forego the 19th C dining tables of England.

 

 

 

:sadrobbo:

 

An assumption not without merit, i would imagine.

 

 

12 minutes ago, superjack said:

 

There's a guy on from musselburgh just now, definitely a hibby. Hope he goes home with nothing.

 

This is the type of petty shitehousery I live for.

 

:jjyay:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

 

This is the type of petty shitehousery I live for.

 

:jjyay:

The bugger has just won 125000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, superjack said:

The bugger has just won 125000.

Will cause the price of smack in Lochend to increase or decrease?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Maple Leaf changed the title to Your Most Unpopular Opinions

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...