Your Most Unpopular Opinions

Lord BJ

HamishMcGonagall
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

See above.

I'm not going to spend my friday evening arguing back and forth here. Just came on to check the terrace and noticed I had a notification. Calling it 'a fad' may have been a bit harsh and I apologise if I caused offence. Teenage girls used to self-harm, then they used to be desperately seeking to be size 0, these days it seems to be they don't feel comfortable with their gender. It used to be mostly men identifying as woman, but now it's swung the other way now and it's predominantly woman/girls identifying as male and the number of people referred for gender treatment in the uk has increased by 3000%.  I repeat that I'm not against adults making decisions that are going to affect the rest of their lives in a monumental way and they deserve as much support as they need. 

What I am against is having kids being allowed to start puberty blockers and suchlike and being allowed to change their gender at school without their parents even being told about. At some schools they can even get their medication  from the school nurse without the parents knowing anything about it at all. There are so many cases of people beginning a transitioning journey only to regret it. All I'm saying is I think kids should be assessed psychologically over a period of time to make sure they're making the right decision, rather than having doctors too scared at the thought of being called a bigot for not bending over backwards to give kids what they think they want, straight away.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Governor Tarkin

• Locky

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Anyway, ‘dirty Leeds’ simply weren’t. 

Bollocks. 

Anyway my unpopular opinion, Ally McCoist is an annoying little prick. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Both! 

Now that's a proper contentious unpopular opinion. so even though its so wrong, Ill defend your right to have it

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

Now that's a proper contentious unpopular opinion. so even though its so wrong, Ill defend your right to have it

👍 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Anyway, ‘dirty Leeds’ simply weren’t.

Are we talking the players or the fans though? ;)

42 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Are we talking the players or the fans though? ;)

The players, Red.

According to the ‘experts’.  😎

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Brown sauce on a chippy is wrong. 

Brown sauce on a chippy is the only colour.  

Red on a breakfast is the only colour.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We had Scampi, Chips and Peas tonight.......I had Mayonnaise on mine😎

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

We had Scampi, Chips and Peas tonight.......I had Mayonnaise on mine😎

Mayo on scampi is ace, Dawn!  👍

In fact, Mayo (or salad cream) on any fish is ace.

On 18/02/2021 at 08:41, Jeffros Furios said:

If you met Greta tarted up on Lothian Rd on a Saturday night you probably 'would'

I've searched for nudes before 🤣

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Helps when you eat it from your secret volcano layer Mr M

56 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Chips and mayo is the muts nuts as well.

13 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

That's a pretty popular opinion, on here at least.

Totally agree, if it wasnt for hearts, I think I would give up on all spfl football. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Totally agree, if it wasnt for hearts, I think I would give up on all spfl football. 

I only watch Hearts and Scotland games. And sometimes I have to be drunk to watch those. 

I don't even bother with any other football except World cups and Euro championships. And that's not what it used to be, either. Maybe Scotland not qualifying for so long, has caused this. 

It's a bad day if wanting England to go far keeps you interested because you want them to get beat. I know, strange thinking. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Everything about Scottish football is utter dog shit.

Imagine if the SPFL implements VAR with the level of incompetence of the EPL refs! 😂 😬 A new low! 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

On the Pepsi/Coke debate...

Diet/Zero/Xtra varieties of drinks are better than the original stuff.  The only exception is Fanta.

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

On the Pepsi/Coke debate...

Diet/Zero/Xtra varieties of drinks are better than the original stuff.  The only exception is Fanta.

diet caffeine free coke is really nice. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The gold can?

I hadn't seen that stuff for years and then saw someone drinking a can of it at work a few weeks ago. Had no idea it was still a thing.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

The gold can?

I hadn't seen that stuff for years and then saw someone drinking a can of it at work a few weeks ago. Had no idea it was still a thing.

Yes. I’ve not had it in years either, but I remember preferring it over ‘the real thing’. 

This is probably an unpopular opinion on here, but not sure if it would be anywhere else,

Sunshine on Leith is a great football anthem. Watching it sung after the 2016 cup final was an iconic moment. 

9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion on here, but not sure if it would be anywhere else,

Sunshine on Leith is a great football anthem. Watching it sung after the 2016 cup final was an iconic moment. 

Feel free to take a good shower and cleanse thyself.

The human race deserve covid 19 for their selfish greedy destruction of the rain forests and wilderness, we should live in our own spaces and these zoonotic infections would be nowhere near us.

We will also deserve the next virus x that hits us and the one after that and so on and on.

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

The human race deserve covid 19 for their selfish greedy destruction of the rain forests and wilderness, we should live in our own spaces and these zoonotic infections would be nowhere near us.

We will also deserve the next virus x that hits us and the one after that and so on and on.

I've no had my hole for ages type of post🤣😉🤣

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I agree. Lots of PHM I know also agree.

jack D and coke
17 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Much of the time, you can tell people who've never left where they were born just by listening to them. And I don't mean those who never had the opportunity because of life's harsh circumstances: Their experiences are often very rich and worth bending your ear to. I mean those who could have, but didn't. One thing they're never in short supply of is excuses. Or, paradoxically, jealousy. Small-minded, small-goaled, small men.

I’ve worked with a guy who’s actually never been outside of Edinburgh. He’s in his 50’s now too. 
In fact he did leave Edinburgh once. To go to jail in shotts. 
Incredible stuff. 

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

The world will be much better place when we die out. 

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Roll wi Lorne and Egg needs broon sauce , Red Pudding supper needs red so in otherwords NO G Just NO

15 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Another good JT as well, he now lives in Henly on Thames and follows Leeds for some odd reason.

Theres one or two caves you can walk through but I'm pretty certain you can't even reach Findochty on the shore.

Ahhh sorry im wrong pal , Not been there since about 92. Just have a vague recollection of being near the caves and someone saying we can walk to Buckie through them. Kids talking shite im guessing

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Yes yes it is , I prefer Diet Dr Pepper too , Diet Lemonade is maybe pushing it though

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

The gold can?

Caffeine free versions of things are expanding in range all the time for people who have health conditions such as a diverticulum

People should be subject to an annual MOT from age 70 or 75 - if you fail then it's euthanasia time. This would free up much NHS resources and massively reduce the ever increasing cost of care for the elderly. We don't need to live to 100 - especially if the last few years are spent in pain, constant need of care, little independence or quality of life. My own gran lived to 100 but knew little about the final 10 years - she had been asking for a 'little pill' for years before she died. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bollocks. 

Anyway my unpopular opinion, Ally McCoist is an annoying little prick. 

I doubt that qualifies as an unpopular opinion. 

I think we pay too little tax. However, if we had to pay more tax, we would need guarantees that it would be spent properly. Also, higher earners should be taxed a lot more than they are.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

KKJIBSkU2YpmA1bFOd6FEx67x0=

A Boy Named Crow

Following a football team is, in and of itself, for children.  If you are a grown adult who gets so invested in the fortunes of a particular football club that it can have an impact on your mood, your quality of life and those around you,  you have a ****ing problem.

By all means, enjoy going to the games,  sinking pints with your mates before and after, but the game doesn't give a shit about you...nor should you about it.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

10 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Following a football team is, in and of itself, for children.  If you are a grown adult who gets so invested in the fortunes of a particular football club that it can have an impact on your mood, your quality of life and those around you,  you have a ****ing problem.

By all means, enjoy going to the games,  sinking pints with your mates before and after, but the game doesn't give a shit about you...nor should you about it.

Being happy that Hearts won means you have a problem? 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

BBQ food and buffet food is shit.

The Armed Forces are political puppets.

About 80% of people are arseholes.

Beer is horrible.

According to the "Law of IJ", I believe it's 99%.

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Norm said:

Being happy that Hearts won means you have a problem? 

If it impacts the rest of your life,  if you'd have been utterly devastated if they hadn't won, then aye!

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Your Most Unpopular Opinions