Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Governor Tarkin

• Locky

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Can't stand the Hearts Song or Flower of Scotland.

Flower of Scotland I'd give you, cannae stand it myself... 

The Hearts song... Our anthem? 

:getout:

35 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Would of loved them to change it a few years ago when it was doing the rounds it could change. 

Don’t get tired of the hearts song . What did you do in 2012 when it was played when the players walked round Hampden with the Scottish cup ?

Footballers / Football teams taking a knee . 

It’s not changing anything just the people at the top using footballers and teams to “show” their doing something about it! 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12221923/ivan-toney-explains-why-brentford-players-wont-take-a-knee-we-are-being-used-as-puppets

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Footballers / Football teams taking a knee . 

It’s not changing anything just the people at the top using footballers and teams to “show” their doing something about it! 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12221923/ivan-toney-explains-why-brentford-players-wont-take-a-knee-we-are-being-used-as-puppets

Correct , and in Scotland we have more pressing issues with sectarianism .

14 hours ago, sadj said:

I think thats one of the biggest dangers is the societal pressures , societal norms have a lot to answer for in terms of mental health aswell. 

Im not sure that is always the case but i think in most cases it is fair to say that people know early in life but as you say the physical development and if a person changes their decision then there is nowhere to go if it is handled wrongly. 

I believe there was a case in court in the UK recently whereby a child that was allowed to transition then took the NHS to court because they had changed their mind but had been given puberty blockers and they believed the NHS hadn’t challenged them enough on the transition. 

Yes there was and she won her case so now consultants can’t issue puberty blockers just now to under 16 years old . It’s on hold 

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Males who are over the age of 14, or are not playing a game of football, should be nowhere near a football top.

Especially the fat ones.  😫

Yes I always find it hysterical when you see “ large “ people in athletic clothing ! 

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Sherlock Holmes was an insufferable, arrogant arsehole.

Dr Watson was a joyless, boring racist.

No good reason to dislike a person based solely on the above imo.

6 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Agree about FOS.

Not liking the Hearts song is a bit odd, no?  :getout:

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agree about FOS.

Indeed , lunacy utter lunacy , think there could be a better song - maybes - dinna like the main hearts song - thats a wrong un

27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agree about FOS.

If I stretch my imagination a bit, I can sort of understand this, because as a know nothing teenager I went through a short period of thinking the Marshals the chunky chicken champions version was better than the Hector Nicol one.

But come on, the entire support singing it at the tops of their lungs - what's not to like?  I can feel the endorphines surging through me just imagining it.

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

We pay too much tax in this country

I would think that would be a POPULAR opinion, not an unpopular one!

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Even Feyenoord fans applaud the Hearts song. 

Not seen that clip in ages 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻❤️

Nunya Business

I thought this was a thread about unpopular opinions. It seems like a few people thought it was somewhere to just be a ****ing arsehole. An unpopular opinion is something not a lot of people hold, ie Pepsi being better than Coke (not that I'm disagreeing, I don't really have a preference for one over the other), not something outright bigoted like some of the nonsense I've seen in here.

38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Even Feyenoord fans applaud the Hearts song. 

I can proudly say I was there and belting it out with the rest of the Hearts support.

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Does anyone else think that @jambos are go! was looking for bites?  ::troll:: 

Yes, but perhaps the other sort.

Jambos are go!: I don't like the Hearts Song.

Another punter: Actually, come to think of it, I'm not a great fan of it either.

Jambos are go!:

8b24be0b449268501795b2116256a3e4.jpg

Boys, I've got one! Vermin!!!

Much of the time, you can tell people who've never left where they were born just by listening to them. And I don't mean those who never had the opportunity because of life's harsh circumstances: Their experiences are often very rich and worth bending your ear to. I mean those who could have, but didn't. One thing they're never in short supply of is excuses. Or, paradoxically, jealousy. Small-minded, small-goaled, small men.

50 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I thought this was a thread about unpopular opinions. It seems like a few people thought it was somewhere to just be a ****ing arsehole. An unpopular opinion is something not a lot of people hold, ie Pepsi being better than Coke (not that I'm disagreeing, I don't really have a preference for one over the other), not something outright bigoted like some of the nonsense I've seen in here.

Nobody thinks Pepsi is better than Coke. It’s just people trying to be different.  Pepsi tastes like the shit you used to get out of a Soda Stream. (I know that was your point, just reiterating it).

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody thinks Pepsi is better than Coke. It’s just people trying to be different.  Pepsi tastes like the shit you used to get out of a Soda Stream. (I know that was your point, just reiterating it).

Nope. You’re wrong. I stated Pepsi is better than Coke as I believe it and it’s an unpopular opinion. There’s always a bottle of Pepsi in my fridge. The only time there’s ever Coke is if the supermarket sells out of Pepsi. Tricky I know but some people on here post what they believe. 

Ok, unpopular opinion. Nobody should be allowed to own a second home, unless doing it up for resale and then only for a limited period. All property rentals should be operated by a properly organised not-for-profit housing association of some kind.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nope. You’re wrong. I stated Pepsi is better than Coke as I believe it and it’s an unpopular opinion. There’s always a bottle of Pepsi in my fridge. The only time there’s ever Coke is if the supermarket sells out of Pepsi. Tricky I know but some people on here post what they believe. 

😀 no offence intended. I guess my post can only be taken as a bit offensive but nonetheless it wasn’t. I’ll stop digging a bigger hole for myself soon. Pepsi is shit though. 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ok, unpopular opinion. Nobody should be allowed to own a second home, unless doing it up for resale and then only for a limited period. All property rentals should be operated by a properly organised not-for-profit housing association of some kind.

This is unpopular? :mw_confused: Landlords are basically touting homes, driving up demand by restricting supply. No one has any illusions that the latter are utter *****, so why the hemming and hawing about the former?

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

This is unpopular? :mw_confused: Landlords are basically touting homes, driving up demand by restricting supply. No one has any illusions that the latter are utter *****, so why the hemming and hawing about the former?

I agree. The issue is that tighter restrictions on individuals could lead to large corporations or kid on housing associations snapping them up. If they corner the market the prices will rise.  Real blue sky thinking is required to solve the housing crisis and it won’t happen until finding everyone somewhere to live takes priority over profits.  

Nunya Business
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My point was more about some of the shit I've seen on this thread about "SJW", "wokeness" and people who're transgender. I get some people will like things people don't and vice versa, I just don't get why people think this is a thread to dump some pretty rank nonsense and hide behind it being just an opinion. Personally I can't stand Pink Floyd. That's probably an unpopular opinion, whereas saying the whole transgender issue is a "fad" is misinformed bullshit.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

My point was more about some of the shit I've seen on this thread about "SJW", "wokeness" and people who're transgender. I get some people will like things people don't and vice versa, I just don't get why people think this is a thread to dump some pretty rank nonsense and hide behind it being just an opinion. Personally I can't stand Pink Floyd. That's probably an unpopular opinion, whereas saying the whole transgender issue is a "fad" is misinformed bullshit.

Ah right. Understand now. I know nothing about transgender stuff tbh. I have noticed one thing though, there are a lot of people about these days that have an opinion on absolutely everything. Not sure if it’s social media or just a generational thing but lots of folks seem to have very strong opinions on almost all topics nowadays. 

Nunya Business
Just now, GinRummy said:

Ah right. Understand now. I know nothing about transgender stuff tbh. I have noticed one thing though, there are a lot of people about these days that have an opinion on absolutely everything. Not sure if it’s social media or just a generational thing but lots of folks seem to have very strong opinions on almost all topics nowadays. 

I don't think it's a new thing, social media and online fora give people more of a platform to state their opinions and so you'll be exposed to a wider range of views than you would've done 25 years ago. It's a lot easier to respect someone admitting they don't know a lot about it then someone who goes in two footed without any real understanding of the issues. It's better that people believe you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

I don't think it's a new thing, social media and online fora give people more of a platform to state their opinions and so you'll be exposed to a wider range of views than you would've done 25 years ago. It's a lot easier to respect someone admitting they don't know a lot about it then someone who goes in two footed without any real understanding of the issues. It's better that people believe you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt.

Yeah you’re probably right. I’ve not really got strong opinions on many things but some folk just seem to have really strong opinions on practically everything these days. 

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah you’re probably right. I’ve not really got strong opinions on many things but some folk just seem to have really strong opinions on practically everything these days. 

I think the other factor is that because you're far more likely to find other folk with the same opinions as you on the internet than you used to do in the past when you had a far less widespread number of contacts, more people perhaps seem resolute and fixed, often fanatical, in their opinions. Echo chambers don't help with that. Nowadays it's more the case of "I have this opinion and I know that a lot of others do too, so we *must* be right!".

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think the other factor is that because you're far more likely to find other folk with the same opinions as you on the internet than you used to do in the past when you had a far less widespread number of contacts, more people perhaps seem resolute and fixed, often fanatical, in their opinions. Echo chambers don't help with that. Nowadays it's more the case of "I have this opinion and I know that a lot of others do too, so we *must* be right!".

That definitely seems to be the case. Sort of online herd mentality. 

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Who said the Transgender issue is a fad , I don’t recall that , I think people were more saying its an unpopular opinion that gender should be seperate from sex

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That definitely seems to be the case. Sort of online herd mentality. 

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

****ing separatists and Unionists....

Thats a very good point red , it is both a good and bad thing of the whole online forums and social media culture that we have developed. 

FinnBarr Saunders
21 hours ago, sadj said:

Not been in Portknockie in a good while. Theres caves you can walk through from there to Buckie if i remember correctly. I can just imagine the reaction at Cornhill when they came back drunk. 

Another good JT as well, he now lives in Henly on Thames and follows Leeds for some odd reason.

Theres one or two caves you can walk through but I'm pretty certain you can't even reach Findochty on the shore.

Nunya Business
On 18/02/2021 at 16:09, HamishMcGonagall said:

especially if they grow out of the trans fad further down the line.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Who said the Transgender issue is a fad , I don’t recall that , I think people were more saying its an unpopular opinion that gender should be seperate from sex

See above.

11 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

See above.

Thank you , hadn’t seen that. Don’t know the context of the posters comment. I would say that although fad is definately the wrong word , there is societal norms which could potentially lead to people feeling as though that is what they are rather than who they actually are. The difference between straight/gay/bisexual and trans when it comes to choosing to move groups later in life after having already done so is that it may not be possible and there can be severe mental anguish involved. Very difficult subject however and I agree with you that the word fad in the wrong context is dismissive and wrong.

On 17/02/2021 at 23:17, FWJ said:

Grammar and punctuation are really important.

This is the most unappreciated post on the thread so far.  👍

I didn’t want to be the one that pointed it out, you’ve successfully done so! :clap:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Your Most Unpopular Opinions