• Governor Tarkin

• Justin Z

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

is that an unpopular opinion 🤔

It would be up for at least a silver medal in the Unpopular Opinion Olympics.

19 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Would it be wrong to say that if he had a fatal accident nobody would shed a tear ?

I think I like you, Furios.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Any ex serviceman I’ve ever met that has done less than 3 years has been an utter dick. 

Thank heavens I did 11 years

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

tRJO4uZ.gif.2eba6090a6fa774c4bded755d94cf94f.gif

Does anyone else disagree that the lyrics below are a FULL recital of Mr. David's week? 

Screenshot_20210218_102046_com.android.chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Oasis are the most overrated band of all time. 

Good point. I like Oasis, but there's lots of great bands from that era who are constantly overlooked. Dare I say Blur are better. Some Oasis songs are classics but I can't understand how they've truly stood the test of time, when others haven't.

12 hours ago, Morgan said:

One does not have to hate the England football team, just because one is Scottish.

Very true Morgan. Always grates me the amount of people who support an English team, wish that English team well in Europe (thus benefiting the English game) only to act like the English team are enemy number 1. I'm indifferent to England. I wouldn't necessarily cheer them on, but if they play well and win, so be it. Just like any country really.

12 hours ago, JWL said:

Only Fools and Horses is the most overrated sitcom ever, utter shite.

Oh, JWL. The only opinion I can't abide with. Only Fools is a timeless favourite of mine. It's prime was well before my time, but it's my go to TV show when **** all is on. Maybe says more about me tbh.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The americanisation of our language.  People younger than me and that is most people, don't even know is happening and when I point it out they say something like whatever.

I've checked and shooting them is frowned upon. 

:spoton: 

Not just language, but little things in daily life that are becoming so Americanized. Gender reveals? WTF are they all about? Having a party to reveal if you're having a baby boy or girl. Who gives a ****? But because it became trendy on YouTube and Social Media in America, it's happening here now. Same with baby showers.

What happened to just wetting the baby's heed?

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Good point. I like Oasis, but there's lots of great bands from that era who are constantly overlooked. Dare I say Blur are better. Some Oasis songs are classics but I can't understand how they've truly stood the test of time, when others haven't.

Very true Morgan. Always grates me the amount of people who support an English team, wish that English team well in Europe (thus benefiting the English game) only to act like the English team are enemy number 1. I'm indifferent to England. I wouldn't necessarily cheer them on, but if they play well and win, so be it. Just like any country really.

Oh, JWL. The only opinion I can't abide with. Only Fools is a timeless favourite of mine. It's prime was well before my time, but it's my go to TV show when **** all is on. Maybe says more about me tbh.

:spoton: 

Not just language, but little things in daily life that are becoming so Americanized. Gender reveals? WTF are they all about? Having a party to reveal if you're having a baby boy or girl. Who gives a ****? But because it became trendy on YouTube and Social Media in America, it's happening here now. Same with baby showers.

What happened to just wetting the baby's heed?

Prom night...grrrr....the **** happened tae the school disco?!! 

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The americanisation of our language.  People younger than me and that is most people, don't even know is happening and when I point it out they say something like whatever.

I've checked and shooting them is frowned upon.

The Americanisation of language and our responses to people who make us mad

:interehjrling:

22 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Friends is shite.

I used to watch Friends a lot growing up. Double bill on E4 when I came home from school/college and the likes. Loved it back then and then never watched it for years. It came on Netflix about 2 years ago, and my girlfriend confessed she'd never watched it, so I made us watch it all from start to finish.

Now she ****ing loves it, and I'm just very meh about it. It's alright, it's easy watching. But there's not one minute that makes me laugh. I think that's a general rule of thumb for most American comedies though. Their humour is mostly just so obvious. Friends for example, you can guess the jokes about 5 seconds before they're made.

Funny how your sense of humour can change fairly drastically over a short space of time.

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Prom night...grrrr....the **** happened tae the school disco?!! 

Aye, that's another one. I'm 1 year older than my girlfriend, but her school had a Prom night. Thank **** ours didn't. As you said it was a school disco. You turned up with your mates, smuggled in a bevvy and had a mad one. She bought a dress for the 'prom' and everything. And she couldn't even go in the end. :rofl: 

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think employers discriminate more against men than women.

Positive discrimination is a huge thing in workplaces. I used to be a Traffic Warden in town, and if I was told to do a beat that I didn't know, I was given a list of the streets and told to work it out myself. I saw females do the same and they'd get taken out and shown round the streets by someone who knew it.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Aye, that's another one. I'm 1 year older than my girlfriend, but her school had a Prom night. Thank **** ours didn't. As you said it was a school disco. You turned up with your mates, smuggled in a bevvy and had a mad one. She bought a dress for the 'prom' and everything. And she couldn't even go in the end. :rofl: 

Exactly mate yir cheap cider to get the dutch courage to ask some bursd for a bag oaf!! Them were the days :lol: 

Recruitment processes in most companies are an absolute joke these days. Companies care more about what you say you can do on a bit of paper rather than what you're like as a person. 

I've got zero academic qualifications, but I've got a lot more life experience than most my age, and have acquired a lot of practical skills in my work life. However, I've found myself not even getting interviews a lot and losing out to people who are book smart and deemed qualified, but have little savvy. I've then watched those people in said job, fail miserably and make a complete **** of it because they have no social or life skills whatsoever.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Exactly mate yir cheap cider to get the dutch courage to ask some bursd for a bag oaf!! Them were the days :lol: 

Honestly, I was born in 93 and she was born 94, but you'd think we were born 10 years apart the way we talk about things. 

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The Americanisation of language and our responses to people who make us mad

:interehjrling:

🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Positive discrimination is a huge thing in workplaces. I used to be a Traffic Warden in town, and if I was told to do a beat that I didn't know, I was given a list of the streets and told to work it out myself. I saw females do the same and they'd get taken out and shown round the streets by someone who knew it.

All Traffic Wardens are *******s 😉

Des Lynam
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I know pal :lol: I just seen that other day and I’m lost at to what’s happened to men now. 
I get angrier the more I watch that. 

This. 

If driving in Aberdeen when one flake of snow hits you do not need to immediately decelerate to 1mph on all roads in the city and drive like a *****

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

All Traffic Wardens are *******s 😉

I'm a ****, no doubt. But was one of the nicest traffic wardens you could meet. I was told so many, many times. :wub: 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Honestly, I was born in 93 and she was born 94, but you'd think we were born 10 years apart the way we talk about things. 

I’m a bit older than you tbf haha but aye it just seemed to change overnight. 
Trick or Treat is another that tears the feck oot my jimmys 😂

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Billie Piper isn’t attractive. 

She isn't that attractive, but she's not exactly Zelda from Terrahawks either

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Billie Piper isn’t attractive. 

You dont look at the mantelpiece when poking the fire.

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Is this an unpopular opinion, amongst people who aren't babyboomers? I thought it was just a well known fact.

Hopefully 👍

Most people's unpopular opinions will be popular to some. There's still enough boomers to make mine unpopular to quite a lot of the population I'd reckon.

ferris bueller is a spoiled entitled brat. he moans he did not get a car but has a synthesiser that would have cost more than a car. he buulies cameron into stealing his dads car

kevin mccallister from home alone is a sociopath and would grow up to be a serial killer

superman does not work as a superhero on film. also DC cannot make even a half decent superhero movie anymore

iantjambo
50 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Friends is shite.

Friends is a strange one for me. I used to love it. Watched it regularly.

Now I can’t stand it. All of the characters just piss me off now.

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m a bit older than you tbf haha but aye it just seemed to change overnight. 
Trick or Treat is another that tears the feck oot my jimmys 😂

Yup. My wee lassie says trick or treat. It's guising ya wee ****.

My wee lassie has got far too much Americanisims(?) in her vocabulary. Goes on about ****ing groceries and that.

Just now, iantjambo said:

Friends is a strange one for me. I used to love it. Watched it regularly.

Now I can’t stand it. All of the characters just piss me off now.

Pretty much the same as me then. I still find it hard to dislike Joey or Phoebe, but Monica and Ross do my ****ing head in. I never used to like Chandler when I was younger, but now I'd say he's my favourite.

My girlfriend puts it on a lot so still see it quite a bit, but I'm at a point where I'd never go out my way to watch it on my own.

jack D and coke
Just now, Locky said:

Yup. My wee lassie says trick or treat. It's guising ya wee ****.

My wee lassie has got far too much Americanisims(?) in her vocabulary. Goes on about ****ing groceries and that.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886idp8l672hl9mztsx5p

superjack

I understand why some employers may discriminate against women, especially small firms. (Having to deal with maternity pay and mood swings. Also, whenever I've worked in an environment with a lot of women, the back stabbing is 100s of times worse than in a Male dominated workplace).

iantjambo
Just now, Locky said:

Pretty much the same as me then. I still find it hard to dislike Joey or Phoebe, but Monica and Ross do my ****ing head in. I never used to like Chandler when I was younger, but now I'd say he's my favourite.

My girlfriend puts it on a lot so still see it quite a bit, but I'm at a point where I'd never go out my way to watch it on my own.

Phoebe is the worst for me :lol: her character changed dramatically over the course of the show.

Joey was alright but now I see him as a bit of a creepy perv.

Ross makes me want to punch the tv in. Rachel is horrible (which pains me to say as I love Jennifer Aniston).

Don’t get me started on Monica.

Chandler is, and always will be, sound though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Subconscious anti semitism right there which leads on to my other unpopular opinion.

27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This. 

****ing terrible TV.

I don't think I have ever sat and watched one episode

1 minute ago, felix said:

Religion poisons everything.

Hard to argue with that tbh. I have zero issues with individuals who observe faith and religion, but collectively and institutionally, every religion has pretty ****ed up views on life. 

Look at the Christian nutjobs in America for example. It's crazy to think in the year 2021, people still have views like they do on society.

jack D and coke
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Dogs are vermin. 

Tbh I can’t stand the way dogs seem to have sent women in particular completely off their heads in the last few years (dog mummies and all this complete bolloks) but as far as real dugs like German Shepards or a lab goes ye canny be serious man! Amazing animals. 

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Phoebe is the worst for me :lol: her character changed dramatically over the course of the show.

Joey was alright but now I see him as a bit of a creepy perv.

Ross makes me want to punch the tv in. Rachel is horrible (which pains me to say as I love Jennifer Aniston).

Don’t get me started on Monica.

Chandler is, and always will be, sound though :lol:

Thankfully I haven't reached a point where I see Joey that way. I'm still at loveable rogue phase. :lol: 

I just found Chandler extremely unlikeable when I was younger, but now he's the one I'd love to have a pint with if he was real.

2 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Subconscious anti semitism right there which leads on to my other unpopular opinion.

:rofl: 

My dislike of Monica is partially due to not really being fond of Courteney Cox, who isn't Jewish. David Schwimmer is alright, I just highly dislike his character, which I think is sort of the point anyway. Lots of great Jewish actors out there who I love.

31 minutes ago, Locky said:

Recruitment processes in most companies are an absolute joke these days. Companies care more about what you say you can do on a bit of paper rather than what you're like as a person. 

I've got zero academic qualifications, but I've got a lot more life experience than most my age, and have acquired a lot of practical skills in my work life. However, I've found myself not even getting interviews a lot and losing out to people who are book smart and deemed qualified, but have little savvy. I've then watched those people in said job, fail miserably and make a complete **** of it because they have no social or life skills whatsoever.

100% Agree on this one .

I left school over 10 years ago and I see jobs what are asking for school grades I now don't apply for because I don't have them. My mate is an area manager for the royal mail and he said no one is bothered about school grades now its all about experience Which is a load of crap because If you look for jobs with the NHS and Government roles they show what the min is there expecting if you put in an application without grades they will ask for them or a instant deny if you add them. Its a bit much that company's are asking for school grades and they could have folk who got crap grades or no grades at all but the experience they have gained in the last 10 years working since leaving school but they won't take the application further because of some exams you took when you were 15/16. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC
Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I can’t stand the way dogs seem to have sent women in particular completely off their heads in the last few years (dog mummies and all this complete bolloks) but as far as real dugs like German Shepards or a lab goes ye canny be serious man! Amazing animals. 

I don't mind the police having German Shepherds but members of the public having them is a concern. 

Riddley Walker

I've worked in mixed sex workplaces all my life and have found almost all women to be more competent, better organised and better at work than the men. 

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, felix said:

Religion poisons everything.

A wise scotsman* once said that religion is the politics of spirituality.  Whatever that is...

It's in a book by des Dillon called the big q 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Your Most Unpopular Opinions