Your Most Unpopular Opinions

Lord BJ

Margaret Thatcher actually did more good than bad in her primeministerial tenure.

Edited by John Findlay

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Governor Tarkin

• Locky

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Portable Badger
55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My mates daughter just posted "weeks 23 & 24" of her new baby's life on Facebook...it usually happens every week but she missed week 23 so we got a double dose this week :facepalm:.

Cant wait for her 10th birthday (sorry, week 520) :cornette:

😂

if I was you I’d scrap your FB account.   I closed mine down cos of all the shite that gets posted.

14 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Monopoly is dug shite and in no way shape or form fun to play.

:thumb: That should go on a thread for POPULAR opinions.

Sir Craig Gordon
22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

:thumb: That should go on a thread for POPULAR opinions.

Don't think I've ever met one person who likes it yet it never seems to die off.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Agreed...Ugly little barstewards most of them. squashed heeds and a fat wee puss. Aye stunning :cornette:

57FFF6C5-5291-444F-B8BD-F739FA7D82B8.jpeg

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Every single human on the planet is a little bit racist.

Nah I refuse to believe this one...

You white piece of trash

The majority of Scottish women are quite ugly. I blame the Vikings who took the good looking ones with them after their raids.

On 20/02/2021 at 13:01, A Boy Named Crow said:

If it impacts the rest of your life,  if you'd have been utterly devastated if they hadn't won, then aye!

On that matter for clarification people are completing responsible for what happens to them. That includes how you react to things. 

What we've done well is to look out for each other so people aren't on their own. 

Calmly putting forward your reasons for poor performances and suggestions for improvement is of course fine. 

17 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

The majority of Scottish women are quite ugly. I blame the Vikings who took the good looking ones with them after their raids.

I live in a very cosmopolitan society and I can honestly say that women from mixed marriages can be extremely attractive.  Maybe the men are too, but I only notice the women!!

If what you say is true, maybe Scotland needs to deepen its gene pool.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I live in a very cosmopolitan society and I can honestly say that women from mixed marriages can be extremely attractive.  Maybe the men are too, but I only notice the women!!

If what you say is true, maybe Scotland needs to deepen its gene pool.

The blame lies with Greggs the Baker and poor styling as much as with the gene pool tbf.

On 18/02/2021 at 05:51, Kiwidoug said:

The americanisation of our language.  People younger than me and that is most people, don't even know is happening and when I point it out they say something like whatever.

I've checked and shooting them is frowned upon. 

"whatever" is sooooooo 2019, Doug.    It's now "whatevs"   - apparently it's even in the latest OED 😲.   The b'stardisation of our language is down to social media p1sh more than American influence now.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It irritates me that the tunnel and dugouts are not central.

Hearts reveal structural engineering details of new Main Stand | Stadia  Magazine

A new stand would sort that out.

Maybe they're saving for one by not replacing floodlight bulbs.

50 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Ha, I was going to post something similar earlier. However unlike you I wasn’t going to restrict it to just the women in Scotland. Britain in general isn’t the most attractive country. Kind of doughy looking people everywhere. 
I echo ML’s theory on people whose parents are from different backgrounds being attractive. So much so I married someone with a Lebanese father.  For reference also see Shakira and Salma Hayek. 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The negatives of having kids outweighs the positives. 

Agree. Having kids is actively choosing to make your life slightly shitter. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

"whatever" is sooooooo 2019, Doug.    It's now "whatevs"   - apparently it's even in the latest OED 😲.   The b'stardisation of our language is down to social media p1sh more than American influence now.

:thumbsup:

Soz.

Lino.

Presser.

Convo.

Acca.

Footy.

OMG.

:wtf:   

Can these people not actually speak English?  

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

I think Giles Brandreth is quite funny on panel shows and the like.

Glad it's not just me. A kind of nostalgia to his nonsense.

3 hours ago, kila said:

People who celebrate their birthday at work (such as bringing in their own cake) are attention seekers.

In many cultures, that's the done thing. You bring the cake, you treat people. Not saying people that do it in this country, and who aren't from a foreign country, aren't wallopers, though.

On 21/02/2021 at 22:17, Nookie Bear said:

I avoid all contact with them, even anyone wearing Hearts gear. 

Glasgow Airport is full of them. They wear the same gear flying out, during their time there and flying back the smelly b######s.

23 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Just embarrassing coming back from New York Dec 2019 flying to London some knob in a Rangers top standing up looking about trying to get some attention speaking that loud with his fife accent must of been in his 40s with a print on the back 🙄 then a spotty we ugly kid strolls past my seat with a Celtic top on they had some sort of weird eye contact and a nod from the big man in the rangers top . Embarrassing!

Or you go on a beach holiday and you see some guy wearing the same Arsenal top for 10 days out of 14 pure reeking . 

They usually have the matching rangers/celtic crest signet ring and chunky gold chain combo too🤣

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

👍

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

👍

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I like him. Seems a good laugh

👍

Love listening to his banter in interviews or on the One Show etc..... a clever & very interesting posh chap (a la Stephen Fry).

It seems we have a  quorum to pass the resolution, gents.   Which makes the original unpopular assertion ... popular. 😀

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Ha, I was going to post something similar earlier. However unlike you I wasn’t going to restrict it to just the women in Scotland. Britain in general isn’t the most attractive country. Kind of doughy looking people everywhere. 
I echo ML’s theory on people whose parents are from different backgrounds being attractive. So much so I married someone with a Lebanese father.  For reference also see Shakira and Salma Hayek. 

Once you take out the fatties there is a small pool to choose from. 

Even smaller once you filter out with a dangerously low IQ. 

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

I'd have no problem in torturing him.....over as many days as I could, inflicting copious amounts of pain but keeping him alive and conscious whilst wearing his many ludicrous jumpers.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Gyles Brandreth is funnier than 99% of any comedian currently on the circuit. Hate his politics but he's a very witty guy. Would rather spend an evening with him and Barry Cryer than one with the likes of Josh Widdicombe and Mickey feckin Flanagan.

In fact, he seems to be bummed up to feck but Mickey Flanagan is as funny as standing on an upturned plug in your bare feckin feet.

34 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'd have no problem in torturing him.....over as many days as I could, inflicting copious amounts of pain but keeping him alive and conscious whilst wearing his many ludicrous jumpers.

Seems a tad harsh

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Your Most Unpopular Opinions
13 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Monopoly is dug shite and in no way shape or form fun to play.

I fecking hate Monopoly. And why the feck did they have that stupid iron piece? 

G15.jpg

16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Margaret Thatcher actually did more good than bad in her primeministerial tenure.

Was it just when she was on her period that she was a ****?

15 hours ago, kila said:

People who celebrate their birthday at work (such as bringing in their own cake) are attention seekers.

It's trying to act surprised when you're given a card signed by the office. As if you didn't know one was going round. Pssst quick sign Marvs card whilst he's away from his workstation. Feck off, I don't even do birthday's. 

And its the recipient who is expected to bring in cakes. Feck off, the office should by cakes for the birthday boy or girl.

Edited by Marvin

10 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Seems a tad harsh

Not really. Initially he'd watch me torture his loved ones first but I scrapped that idea......

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It's trying to act surprised when you're given a card signed by the office. As if you didn't know one was going round. Pssst quick sign Marvs card whilst he's away from his workstation. Feck off, I don't even do birthday's. 

And its the recipient who is expected to bring in cakes. Feck off, the office should by cakes for the birthday boy or girl.

I genuinely have zero interest in the personal lives of co-workers, don't care if you have kids, pets, getting married or when your birthday is. I'm here to work, which is why Covid working from home has been a blessing in disguise.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

I genuinely have zero interest in the personal lives of co-workers, don't care if you have kids, pets, getting married or when your birthday is. I'm here to work, which is why Covid working from home has been a blessing in disguise.

Since I quit or tbh got myself sacked from the retail sector, I won't go on an office night out. I've been on several when I worked in retail but there aren't enough "cool" people in the office. All they talk about is work "i had that Mr fecking Smith on the phone again, still complaining blah blah". Feck that, I'm away to the toilet for a sneaky line just to try and liven things up. At least half of my nights out when I worked in Safeway were for so many wrong reasons were memorable. 

23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Since I quit or tbh got myself sacked from the retail sector, I won't go on an office night out. I've been on several when I worked in retail but there aren't enough "cool" people in the office. All they talk about is work "i had that Mr fecking Smith on the phone again, still complaining blah blah". Feck that, I'm away to the toilet for a sneaky line just to try and liven things up. At least half of my nights out when I worked in Safeway were for so many wrong reasons were memorable. 

As a manager it's almost expected for me to go to the nights out but invariably i'll pitch up, skull my allocation of free booze then head off elsewhere, either with a select few of the decent folk from work or to meet mates somewhere  

39 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I will never go on one again I used to go on the lot when I was younger when working in retail then when I moved into banking / office work they are a nightmare. If its no the work chat its then taking out off hand with the bevy , fighting , drug taking . No for me I have been on a few and there nuts . 

Last one I went on was a Thursday night  off the Easter Friday . finished at 5pm spent all days saying I wont be going then it changed to I will go for a shandy when leaving and pressured into going. When I got to the footlights pub the time flew in and last train was 1130 . 3am I am a flat in Porty with a bunch of tossers I never really spoke to in the office. one of my mates having a domestic with his Mrs the  police were called and ambulance I left managed to pulled a taxi over and 45 minutes later and £50 down I was back in my bed in west lothian. 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I will never go on one again I used to go on the lot when I was younger when working in retail then when I moved into banking / office work they are a nightmare. If its no the work chat its then taking out off hand with the bevy , fighting , drug taking . No for me I have been on a few and there nuts . 

Last one I went on was a Thursday night  off the Easter Friday . finished at 5pm spent all days saying I wont be going then it changed to I will go for a shandy when leaving and pressured into going. When I got to the footlights pub the time flew in and last train was 1130 . 3am I am a flat in Porty with a bunch of tossers I never really spoke to in the office. one of my mates having a domestic with his Mrs the  police were called and ambulance I left managed to pulled a taxi over and 45 minutes later and £50 down I was back in my bed in west lothian. 

I think the shittier the job, the better the staff 'night out' is.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I think the shittier the job, the better the staff 'night out' is.

In the bank I worked in you would always see some tit who is out looking for a promotion speaking to that manager of that department or team they would be applying to as if a drunken chat would get you the job . Also you would hear story's of people in relationships or partners pumping each other in house .  

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

In the bank I worked in you would always see some tit who is out looking for a promotion speaking to that manager of that department or team they would be applying to as if a drunken chat would get you the job . Also you would hear story's of people in relationships or partners pumping each other in house .  

I suppose it beats getting coked up at (Safeway staff night 1997 or 98) and sitting at the managers table and spraffing shit, not remembering a thing until your colleagues fill in the blanks the following morning 😂