How to deal with Edinburgh Council

Captain Slog

I wonder if can get some advice on how to deal with Edinburgh Council, hopefully by anyone that knows how they operate and how to get a desired response, 
but any support from barrack room lawyers would be appreciated too. 

In a nutshell. my ex has agreed to swap her flat, for one in London.  The London borough council has agreed the move.  However her Housing Officer 
is refusing to sanction a move at present 'due to council rules on Covid.

However I can see nothing in the governments rules that would prohibit a move, so what's the best way to approach the council to remedy this.
In normal circumstances, if it was me moving, I'd just wait until some sort of normality resumes, but the situation is becoming urgent, her
mental health is failing rapidly due to isolation (i can guarantee I'm the only soul she's met since at least July), and her entire support
network is in London, apart from me.

I don't want to make a complaint to the Housing Officers' superior and potentially make things worse, so are there any other routes to pursue? 

My initial thoughts are contacting her councillor (she's Craigentinny, so that's as good a reason to move as any to get away from the shadow of Fester road),
but the real reason I'm here is in the hope that someone may know more about Edinburgh council than i do and suggest a way to fast track this.

And finally, for any legal Pedants, apparently the council must legally give a decision within 42 days and not just delay it.  Do Covid
regulations supersede such existing civil laws?

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Reddit would be excellent for such advice.

Have you used it before?

I have not at all @AndyNic, I'm a complete dinosaur on such things

Edinburgh: News, Events and Discussion (reddit.com)

This?  Never even knew that forum existed. coo.

Can I also add the swapee is an army vet, who has the RBL support workers on his side as he needs the move to help his PTSD, and they've said wait till Friday while they try and intercede

Edited by Captain Slog

Yeh there will be a few different 'threads' on such topics. 

You can simply go on to the website and search for some key words like Scotland Edinburgh legal advice council etc and threads will pop up that you can post in.

You'll 99.999% get a response anyway from the community as they're full of people happy to help.

Sorry I can help you but this should assist in some way hopefully!

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yeh there will be a few different 'threads' on such topics. 

You can simply go on to the website and search for some key words like Scotland Edinburgh legal advice council etc and threads will pop up that you can post in.

You'll 99.999% get a response anyway from the community as they're full of people happy to help.

Sorry I can help you but this should assist in some way hopefully!

Really appreciate it, for me personally, it's nice to know there's a local forum like that.  I've generally used the Shed to keep me up to date for years about anything

local I need to know.  I well remember the Halyvon days when the Evening News and West Lothian Courier were real newspapers.