ryan-stevenson

wattie exploited

I loved Stevo. Had many good moments in maroon but I reckon his winner against Rangers was my favourite. We started to believe we could do something after that. :lol: 

wattie exploited
9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I loved Stevo. Had many good moments in maroon but I reckon his winner against Rangers was my favourite. We started to believe we could do something after that. :lol: 

when he put on the jersey he knew what it meant to the supporters and gave !00 %  we could do with the few more like him in the team !

the last 3 years we have had so many wasters in our team taking good money and producing shit performances :rifle:

guys like him and Ian Black and Lockie played for the jersey and will always be welcome back at HEARTS :rifle:

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Wonder who he'll be supporting this Saturday? 

I would have said Hearts but after being kicked out the door by Levein.....

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ayr Utd always been his team but apart from Ayr he's a jambo 

48 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ayr Utd always been his team but apart from Ayr he's a jambo 

I read somewhere (in the not too distant past) that although he supported AU as a boy, his allegiances are firmly with us. Just because of his career and his connection with the support - I would dig out the link if I knew where it was but I definitely remember reading it somewhere, and it wasn’t that long ago in relative terms 

56 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It didn’t sour him. He fed off the affection that the support had for him. Never ever heard any Jambo even say a bad word about him. He gave his absolute all in every game - he was talking about doing Goodwin and Broonie, before a ball was even kicked 🤣 my type of player 👍

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It didn’t sour him. He fed off the affection that the support had for him. Never ever heard any Jambo even say a bad word about him. He gave his absolute all in every game - he was talking about doing Goodwin and Broonie, before a ball was even kicked 🤣 my type of player 👍

Obviously weren't on here when he went down south

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Was it that bad ? I wasn’t on here then - your right. I was absolutely gutted when he left in all honesty 

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Ryan and his wife took plenty abuse at that time on here, plenty didnt want him when he came back from Ipswich Town

Fair play he turned many fans back round with his commitment to the club

Edited by jbee647

Bunny Munro

How many players score a hat trick in their last appearance for us?

I always assumed he and Jamie Mac were let go because CL/RN wanted a clear out of all the experienced players who they thought might argue with Robbies training methods (remember he had them in for triple sessions a lot in his first spell).

57 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I read somewhere (in the not too distant past) that although he supported AU as a boy, his allegiances are firmly with us. Just because of his career and his connection with the support - I would dig out the link if I knew where it was but I definitely remember reading it somewhere, and it wasn’t that long ago in relative terms 

He's said in the past that his wee boy is a Jambo...

22 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I always assumed he and Jamie Mac were let go because CL/RN wanted a clear out of all the experienced players who they thought might argue with Robbies training methods (remember he had them in for triple sessions a lot in his first spell).

That was my take on it too

• 2 months later...
john thomas
On 12/03/2021 at 10:22, Thomaso said:

That was my take on it too

Interesting article by Stevenson today [?] . Apparently we wanted him to stay but he felt Locke had been mistreated and left . Does regret that decision but , again , shows he is one of the good guys

Tommy Brown
On 17/02/2021 at 09:43, Hearts1975 said:

Another player that just got us. Brought up as an Ayr Utd supporter, but loves the club and loved his time with us.

What he lacked in ability he more than made up with in fight and desire.

Got great memories of Stevo 👏👏👏

Don't fully agree with that. 

The talent was definitely there, just the pace and athletism wasnt top drawer.

Really liked him in maroon. Fight and desire were huge in his game.

Hearts1975
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Don't fully agree with that. 

The talent was definitely there, just the pace and athletism wasnt top drawer.

Really liked him in maroon. Fight and desire were huge in his game.

Fair comment. Loved him as a player but it was his fighting spirit and desire to never hide on the pitch, and always front up, no matter the odds, that made him the player that he was for us - Imo. 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Interesting article by Stevenson today [?] . Apparently we wanted him to stay but he felt Locke had been mistreated and left . Does regret that decision but , again , shows he is one of the good guys

That came as a surprise

On 11/03/2021 at 11:41, Bunny Munro said:

To be fair the training methods worked for a few seasons.

AlimOzturk

Ryan Stevenson is the standard we should expect to have at Hearts. He was never going to make it above our level but stood out as a player who had plenty desire and a degree of skill to back it up. Knew where the back of the net was as well. 

If only we find more like him. Jim Jeffries always had an eye for a player. 

stevie1874
38 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ryan Stevenson is the standard we should expect to have at Hearts. He was never going to make it above our level but stood out as a player who had plenty desire and a degree of skill to back it up. Knew where the back of the net was as well. 

Decent player no more than that imo but it was his attitude once he pulled on the jersey that stood out for me. Never say die and realised after signing just how big a club we are and how much potential we have. More Ryan Stevenson’s and less people here taking an easy wage. 

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

What part ?

That he was asked to stay

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

👍

john thomas
15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That he was asked to stay

Good player , only reason people generally think he was dumped is the misinformation [based on twisted agendas] pushed by a 'few' on here