Bill Gates say’s rich countries should only eat”Synthetic Beef”

Rupert Pupkin

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

has dave posted since that post? maybe mrs dave has went all stepford wives on him

Forgetting the chocolates on Valentine's Day is a serious matter.

Felix Lighter
20 hours ago, Tazio said:

They’ll have to take my ribeye out my cold dead hands. 

Well, If it's good enough for Charlton Heston.

Soylent_green.jpg

On 16/02/2021 at 08:12, redjambo said:

If it stops folk putting an apostrophe in a perfectly good English word like "says", then I'm all for it. ;)

:biggrin:

On 17/02/2021 at 14:05, brunstanejambo said:

You're welcome.

It was a really interesting watch, and the narration alone is worth it!

It's not usually the sort of thing that I watch but the Mrs & I are going through a kind of health/fitness epiphany now that we are turning 50 - so have been watching a few things like this during lockdown.

Some of the programmes we’ve tuned into have just been bat-shit crazy tin-hat conspiracy-theory idiots trying to sell their magical diet/fitness plans/pills, but this one was actually quite well presented and believable.

Just finished watching it. Really good, loads of stuff I had absolutely no idea about whatsoever. Staggering when you saw the guy standing on the edge of his land next to his neighbours field of dirt as far as the eye could see whilst his was green and filled with life.

The things I want to go and understand/learn more about on the back of it:

- what happens to the carbon stored in the soil, does it just stay there forever unless it's released again? (may have been covered but my concentration was interrupted at points whilst talking about what we were watching)

- what's the state of play in the UK? I live quite rurally and I can think of 1 or 2 fields I walk in that only appear to have field beans in them once a year but generally the fields are quite lush with grass and grazing cows and sheep.

Edited by Taffin

brunstanejambo
12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Just finished watching it. Really good, loads of stuff I had absolutely no idea about whatsoever. Staggering when you saw the guy standing on the edge of his land next to his neighbours field of dirt as far as the eye could see whilst his was green and filled with life.

The things I want to go and understand/learn more about on the back of it:

- what happens to the carbon stored in the soil, does it just stay there forever unless it's released again? (may have been covered but my concentration was interrupted at points whilst talking about what we were watching)

- what's the state of play in the UK? I live quite rurally and I can think of 1 or 2 fields I walk in that only appear to have field beans in them once a year but generally the fields are quite lush with grass and grazing cows and sheep.

Yeah - the contrast between the neighbouring farms was incredible. I think up until then I had been a bit sceptical, but that really showed what a difference could be made by changing a few things. 

9 minutes ago, brunstanejambo said:

Yeah - the contrast between the neighbouring farms was incredible. I think up until then I had been a bit sceptical, but that really showed what a difference could be made by changing a few things. 

The same can be seen in the UK.