Bigotted advertising

Bindy Badgy

Bazzas right boot

😂😂

What if you're a black Italian? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What you would call a blunder of some magnitude.

Anyway  "ALL lives matter!"

A Christian and a Muslim are on a sinking boat and you can only save one. Which?

1 minute ago, kila said:

A Christian and a Muslim are on a sinking boat and you can only save one. Which?

The boat is the only safe answer. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

The first one I can reach.  And then try for the second.

Assuming the boat can't be saved

Edited by colinmaroon

1 hour ago, kila said:

The one with the biggest ti..

oops sorry perhaps inappropriate ?

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, kila said:

Wow. That's deep. 

Yeah my tolerance for the BLM campaign has been breached on a quite monumental level. Utterly sick to the back teeth of hearing about it and seeing it written everywhere. It is the most counter productive campaign I have ever known. I read their webpage and has absolutely nothing that speaks to me or I agree with. I disagree with their message, I just don't see it like they see it. All lives matter, ALL. If anyone has a problem with that then the issue is yours, not mine. Life is shite for so so many people and it has **** all to do with what skin colour you are.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah my tolerance for the BLM campaign has been breached on a quite monumental level. Utterly sick to the back teeth of hearing about it and seeing it written everywhere. It is the most counter productive campaign I have ever known. I read their webpage and has absolutely nothing that speaks to me or I agree with. I disagree with their message, I just don't see it like they see it. All lives matter, ALL. If anyone has a problem with that then the issue is yours, not mine. Life is shite for so so many people and it has **** all to do with what skin colour you are.

You can't say people are having a shite life because of their skin colour?  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

You can't say people are having a shite life because of their skin colour?  

Not in this country no.

BAME for example is something that deeply grinds my gears.

Asians are knocking it out the park. They are doing so much better than everyone. Job wise, further education wise. So why must we continue this BAME chat? If you are a white working class boy you are the least likely to go on to university in the UK.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Not in this country no.

You're well off the mark with that.   You saying it's poverty rather than race and people in this country aren't poor because of the which environment they were born onto?  

I know the figure show that young white guys are being excluded just as much now, but not continually like black kids etc. 

Skin colour is still having an impact on the kind of environment a child will grow up in.  

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

You're well off the mark with that.   You saying it's poverty rather than race and people in this country aren't poor because of the which environment they were born onto?  

I know the figure show that young white guys are being excluded just as much now, but not continually like black kids etc. 

Skin colour is still having an impact on the kind of environment a child will grow up in.  

Don't give him the platform to spout his racist views.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

So what opportunities are available to whites that are not available to non whites? The poorest biggest shitholes in Scotland for example are all almost entirely white.  

Just now, i8hibsh said:

So what opportunities are available to whites that are not available to non whites? The poorest biggest shitholes in Scotland for example are all almost entirely white.  

Due to difference in demographics.  

Percentage wise a kit more black families are struggling than white.  

There aren't as many in Scotland but were there is a bigger mix of races, black families struggle more.

You also have to remember the fact that there are some people who won't give them an opportunity due to blatant racism. 

Scotland is a fickle example 

Don't want to derail this into 'Shed' territory as I purposely gave the BLM thread a wide berth there as it would only go one way.  Too many people in this country are not mature or tolerant enough to have the discussion. We see BLM and we simply must agree. I will leave this chat as it is and exit.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Don't want to derail this into 'Shed' territory as I puroosly gave the BLM thread a wide berth there as it would only go one way.  Too many people in this country are not mature or tolerant enough to have the discussion. We see BLM and we simply must agree. I will leave this chat as it is and exit.

You've not crossed any lines and what's wrong with a discussion.  Not the place for it though.

we'll just disagree.   

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

What you would call a blunder of some magnitude.

Anyway  "ALL lives matter!"

Not really Colin I think the Lavazza coffee advert is on one of these rolling advert thingy's around the pitch. The camera just caught the advert under the marxist banner at just the right or wrong time depending on your thoughts. I thought it was funny. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

For all lives to matter, black lives need to matter. They don't claim other lives don't matter. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

BAME for example is something that deeply grinds my gears.

Asians are knocking it out the park. They are doing so much better than everyone. Job wise, further education wise. So why must we continue this BAME chat? If you are a white working class boy you are the least likely to go on to university in the UK.

What nonsense. Plenty of Asians in poverty in the UK. Certainly a higher percentage than from the white population.

2 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

What nonsense. Plenty of Asians in poverty in the UK. Certainly a higher percentage than from the white population.

Also his post states “Asians” 

Would that be an all encompassing terms including Turks, Chinese,  Indian, ethnic Russian, Japanese, Thai? That’s like saying all African peoples are the same, from Egyptians to people from Madagascar. 

Riddley Walker

Folk who say 'all lives matter' just puts an immediate simpleton flag above their head, no doubt about it. 

It's like showing up to someone's wedding and when they're giving a speech jumping up all raging and shouting that you're married too. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Also his post states “Asians” 

Would that be an all encompassing terms including Turks, Chinese,  Indian, ethnic Russian, Japanese, Thai? That’s like saying all African peoples are the same, from Egyptians to people from Madagascar. 

I assume (and you know) it means the subcontinental part of Aisa covered by India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

more concerning that an all-encompassing term for "white" would have us lumped in with Trump-voting rednecks :o

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume (and you know) it means the subcontinental part of Aisa covered by India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

more concerning that an all-encompassing term for "white" would have us lumped in with Trump-voting rednecks :o

I didn’t assume that at all. I wasn’t sure what stereotype he was going for, the hardworking studious Chinese or Japanese person or the classic stereotype of Indian kids following their parents into the medical profession. Oriental being a defunct way of describing people from east Asia. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I didn’t assume that at all. I wasn’t sure what stereotype he was going for, the hardworking studious Chinese or Japanese person or the classic stereotype of Indian kids following their parents into the medical profession. Oriental being a defunct way of describing people from east Asia. 

So Stanley_said assumed as well.

What a kerfuffle.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

What a kerfuffle.

Indeed. In Britain if someone is described as Asian we tend to think Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi as that’s the main immigrant group from Asia. In the US people would tend to think Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc. When I was younger describing someone as oriental was still a thing, now not so much and seen as insulting by many. 
It’s a ****ing minefield sometimes. 

Just now, jonesy said:

To play Devil's Advocate in this one, the use of 'white' supremacy and 'white' privilege may be viewed as equally too broad brushstroke and discriminatory. Perhaps the BLM movement would be better of defining just which whites they wish to remove from their privileged positions. As you say, a minefield, but (somewhat ironically) only exacerbated by those who seek to play identity politics.

I agree, maybe I’m getting a bit more right wing as I get older (which still leaves me firmly on the left) but I get totally pissed off when I see on Twitter and the like that if you’re from a minority (real or perceived) you can happily fire off tweets dismissing people if they are in the “privilege” groups. The ultimate annoyance being nice, well brought up, university educated, professional, white women posting things like “what he hell is wrong with white people/men” or a popular one just now is the almost formulaic post of “are white CIS men alright?” 

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

Folk who say 'all lives matter' just puts an immediate simpleton flag above their head, no doubt about it. 

It's like showing up to someone's wedding and when they're giving a speech jumping up all raging and shouting that you're married too. 

:D Spot on.

What the 'Black Lives Matter' slogan actually means is "black lives matter too" or "black lives matter as well", and the former would have been a much better slogan and banner for this campaign. At one stroke, it would've taken away the ammunition for those coming out with the 'White Lives Matter' or 'All Lives Matter'* stuff, spouted with racist intent or to provoke as they often are.

The slogan was coined and the campaign started as it often seemed that the lives of those with dark skin were of less value and importance than the "white" population, particularly in the US and where police-officers there were concerned.

(*Not having a go at you colinmaroon, as I'm sure you don't fall into this category.)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

What the 'Black Lives Matter' slogan actually means is "black lives matter too" or "black lives matter as well", and the former would have been a much better slogan and banner for this campaign. At one stroke, it would've taken away the ammunition for those coming out with the 'White Lives Matter' or 'All Lives Matter'* stuff, spouted with racist intent or to provoke as they often are.

The slogan was coined and the campaign started as it often seemed that the lives of those with dark skin were of less value and importance than the "white" population, particularly in the US and where police-officers there were concerned.

(*Not having a go at you colinmaroon, as I'm sure you don't fall into this category.)

I disagree entirely that the movement should have considered the needs of the hard of thinking when coining the name of their organisation. 

It's really not a difficult thing to comprehend. 

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

I disagree entirely that the movement should have considered the needs of the hard of thinking when coining the name of their organisation. 

Buffalo theory, start at the level of the lowest / most limited thinker and eventually we will grow better and stronger.

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I know what you're saying, but I do think it would've been clearer to all (including the "hard of thinking"!) what the intent of the slogan was and what the campaign represented. Then - without any doubt whatsoever - anyone coming out with "white lives..." or "all lives..." stuff could be regarded as racist or deliberately provocative, rather than just being a bit thick.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

One of the advantages of having called the organisation Black Lives Also Matter would be that the movement could have adopted this as their poster:

Blam_(Roy_Lichtenstein).jpg

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Buffalo theory, start at the level of the lowest / most limited thinker and eventually we will grow better and stronger.

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I know what you're saying, but I do think it would've been clearer to all (including the "hard of thinking"!) what the intent of the slogan was and what the campaign represented. Then - without any doubt whatsoever - anyone coming out with "white lives..." or "all lives..." stuff could be regarded as racist or deliberately provocative, rather than just being a bit thick.

I think pandering to white racists would simultaneously prove their point and also go against what they stand for. 

Black Lives Matter is already an unambiguous enough name, unless you're looking for an alterior motive. 

It's not like they're called Only Black Lives Matter. The snowflakes that get offended by their name need to be educated elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

One of the advantages of having called the organisation Black Lives Also Matter would be that the movement could have adopted this as their poster:

Blam_(Roy_Lichtenstein).jpg

:icon14:   :biggrin:   

20 hours ago, Stokesy said:

pb3nscqdjhh61.jpg

Anyway, this was funny.   :)

I P Knightley
24 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

'Black lives matter' originated as a phrase in the States where they love their three word chants: "Lock her up"; "Stop the Steal"; "Count the votes"; "steal the votes"; "Hang Mike Pence". Your points of finesse are grammatically correct and would improve the message but they wouldn't fly in the US I fear.

My view, fwiw, is that it's a campaign that has a need, especially in the US. The sentiment is appropriate elsewhere, the UK included. But it started as a protest (taking the knee for the Stars & Stripes instead of standing) which, makes it difficult to translate to other places than standing for the national anthem before a sports event.

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What a kerfuffle.

I assumed it meant all people from Asia including Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, China etc. I8 was presumably going for a stereotype for one or two nationalities within that group but I take "Asians" to mean all people from Asia.

Edited by Stanley_

28 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I assumed it meant all people from Asia including Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, China etc. I8 was presumably going for a stereotype for one or two nationalities within that group but I take "Asians" to mean all people from Asia.

Strangely, according to the ONS, although children from Pakistani and Bangladeshi ethnicity were most likely to be living on low income households in the UK, those from Indian backgrounds were LEAST likely, more so even than White British and White Other. 

Asian Other, which does not include China is roughly equal to White British/Other. 

41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Strangely, according to the ONS, although children from Pakistani and Bangladeshi ethnicity were most likely to be living on low income households in the UK, those from Indian backgrounds were LEAST likely, more so even than White British and White Other. 

Asian Other, which does not include China is roughly equal to White British/Other. 

Yeah, I took a look at some of the figures yesterday. There are huge disparities within the group. I don't think it is particularly helpful to say that "Asians" are doing far better than white people when clearly that is only true, in general, for a couple of specific groups e.g. Indian and Chinese.