Harry and Meghan

Weakened Offender

18 hours ago, pablo said:

The Daily Star (I know) nailed it this morning.

20210215_120712.jpg

This is what happens when you go after the British press. Theyll come right back at you.

The outrage over Caroline Flack and #bekind didn't last too long

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

People are really confused over the difference between "choosing to share something" and "having something exposed against your wishes"

The letter thing on it's own is a dispute over privacy and selling a good story.

The principle is more difficult. Say a letter from a Government minister evidencing corruption. That can never be published? There's a bit of pressure on the Mail to appeal for that reason. 

Tabloids losing their shit that they're going on Oprah.

Fair play to them. Choosing to do something with somebody they want to for shedloads of cash.

Tabloids can **** off and die.

44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If they end up completely destroying the royal family then that would be absolutely marvellous imo☺️

I wholeheartedly agree. A dysfunctional bunch of grotesquely over privileged inbreds and national embarrassment. Once the queen passes, they should just shut the whole thing down and turn all the royal palaces into museums.

For a couple who made it plain and clear that they didn't want to be in the glare of publicity all the time and wanted a 'normal' life, they do make sure they are in the public eye regulary, be it handing out food parcels, or making comments about the US election, to lawsuits & cheesy baby announcements, and now they are to give Oprah an exclusive interview.

Yip, sure sounds like stepping out of the public limelight to me. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

If they end up completely destroying the royal family then that would be absolutely marvellous imo☺️

:greatpost:

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

I wholeheartedly agree. A dysfunctional bunch of grotesquely over privileged inbreds and national embarrassment. Once the queen passes, they should just shut the whole thing down and turn all the royal palaces into museums.

Other countries have done it.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

I take a lot of things with a pinch of salt and these are from the guardian but an interesting read nonetheless. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/series/queens-consent

Kings and Queens and Princes and Princesses...........It's ridiculous we still allow this archaic hereditary nonsense to continue.

Arseholism of the highest order..oh.....and you can stick titles of Sir and Dame in the same putrid bucket. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Two of the most vacuous and boring people going at the moment.

I’ve nothing against them but someone should tell them that they’re not very interesting or important, because Meghan seems to be under a misapprehension 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Kings and Queens and Princes and Princesses...........It's ridiculous we still allow this archaic hereditary nonsense to continue.

Arseholism of the highest order..oh.....and you can stick titles of Sir and Dame in the same putrid bucket. 

You can also add that unelected chamber as well.

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We have one of them too.  It's an outrage in what is supposed to be a democracy.

:buttkick:

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I would usually be in complete agreement with this but having seen the nick of social media I’m not sure democracy is the answer  🤣

9 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I would usually be in complete agreement with this but having seen the nick of social media I’m not sure democracy is the answer  🤣

Probably best to keep them where we can keep an eye on them. Fecking Criminals, the lot of them. 

There was an interesting article in the Washington Post about how constitutional monarchies - like we are (and other anti-democratic, rabid reactionary places like Canada, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands and New Zealand) are actually more democratic. Counter-intuitive but it argued that because monarchies are utterly illegitimate they steer well clear of politics.

A president, even one with few if any executive powers always has a touch of politics about them.  Those presidents selected by a legislative body (eg parliament) even more so.

I’ll try to dig it out.

Here we are...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/07/23/shut-up-royal-baby-haters-monarchy-is-awesome/?outputType=amp

Edited by FWJ

Weakened Offender
On 16/02/2021 at 11:46, jack D and coke said:

The Queen protecting her sweaty nonce of a son couldn't do that so I doubt Harry and Meghan ❤️ will. 

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Phil The Greek hasn’t taken the news well it appears. 

Be interesting to see how many attend his funeral should this be him on the way oot. 

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Be interesting to see how many attend his funeral should this be him on the way oot. 

Probably just needing a quick charge.

image.png.5c94d5d9ff79c4e795de379ffab443ea.png

On 16/02/2021 at 14:27, jack D and coke said:

I take a lot of things with a pinch of salt and these are from the guardian but an interesting read nonetheless. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/series/queens-consent

Thanks for that share - to be honest although I was not aware of what is being implied in that article none of it actually surprises me. 

Shanks said no

Not quite sure his cunning plan will work but Prince Harry 'self-isolating': Duke readies for UK return amid Prince Philip health fears

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Nick "servile" Witchell practically seething on BBC1 just now, at this latest news.

Rabbiting on about a lifetime of service, that he's decided to step away from, rather than being waited on hand & foot for 100 years.

**** sake, Harry put his actual life on the line, in an Apache Helicopter. Prince Pizza flew cargo in the Falklands...scary stuff...oh, aye...but he's happy enough to rake in the Royal revenue still. :lol:

The pair can do what they like. Good on them for breaking final.

:rofl: For the bold bit.

That Witchell is a creep.

The second bit is fair comment.

Shanks said no

Wife started rabbiting on about Diana having a secret daughter, after I stopped laughing at her I googled it, well I never!

Αυτός σκότωσε τη μυστική κόρη της Diana και του Καρόλου! Σεισμός στο παλάτι! - STORIES - Youweekly