GMS

swilso

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Agreed. My worry goes far further. That of the team. By now we should have a decent core. Start from the back out they say. So gordon' kingley...then ferk knows and neither does nelly given more formations than strictly come dancing against ict. The fact rn said on telly all wighton had to do was keep scoring. He did. Bye wighton. Roberts gets 5 mins and hes obv **** useless...yes he started badly....offski..suddenly hes a new man. Walker not starting...why. Naisy starts regular why. When he got crocked did anyone else shout thank ferk or just me. Hate to say it but all the points mentioned are called management. Harumph

Wighton, Roberts and Walker have probably been the three players slagged off the most on here recently. Maybe Robbie reads JKB too much.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wighton, Roberts and Walker have probably been the three players slagged off the most on here recently. Maybe Robbie reads JKB too much.

Im watching all the games. The teenage defence for ict. The winger and striker for QOS thinking they look very decent picked up for nowt or academy. And 2 of the 3 u mention have the most goals and assists for hmfc. On paper if boyce gets crocked we r furked.

He look much more promising last night for short spells. But to be honest it didn't take much for that to be the case as he has been mostly invisible up to now. Hoping its the start of him getting up to speed and full fitness. 

Delighted to see him put in a performance last night. Some people on here so desperate to write players off after a couple of games. Match fitness/sharpness is so important. Hope he kicks on from here. 

Actually felt sorry for him in the first 15 minutes on Friday night, he looked nervous and like he was feeling the pressure. Stuck at it and made some good runs when he received the ball in good areas.  Poor service in the second half meant he wasn't in the game.  If Kingsley plays higher up in would mean GMS could drift inside a bit more and get the ball in space rather than right up against the full back.  

Credit where it is due Mackay-Steven played well on Friday night which was great to see. He was direct, drew bookings, was a problem for their defenders and helped to create opportunities. We need more of that from the wide areas. Hopefully that’s just the beginning and there’s a lot more of the same to come.  

I wish Robbie Neilson would stop starting him on the left wing then switching him over to the right wing then moving him into the centre(or any combination of the above). I want to see him on the left wing taking on the full back and putting crosses into the box. On Friday night he had their young right back worried and got the boy booked in the first half. Neilson should have left Mackay-Steven out there and told Kingsley and the midfielders to keep feeding him the ball as much as possible. One of two things would have happened, their right back would have got himself sent off or else he would have had to back off from tackling Mackay-Steven, either way it would have been a win for us. But no. Not long after the right back got booked, Mackay-Steven got shunted into a new position and wasn't quite as effective after that. I thought that was a poor piece of management to be honest.

scott herbertson

I'm not a fan, and have said so since we signed him. But I thought he was MOM yesterday, although Walker deserves a mention in that.

Well done to him - he's certainly a trier

11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I wish Robbie Neilson would stop starting him on the left wing then switching him over to the right wing then moving him into the centre(or any combination of the above). I want to see him on the left wing taking on the full back and putting crosses into the box. On Friday night he had their young right back worried and got the boy booked in the first half. Neilson should have left Mackay-Steven out there and told Kingsley and the midfielders to keep feeding him the ball as much as possible. One of two things would have happened, their right back would have got himself sent off or else he would have had to back off from tackling Mackay-Steven, either way it would have been a win for us. But no. Not long after the right back got booked, Mackay-Steven got shunted into a new position and wasn't quite as effective after that. I thought that was a poor piece of management to be honest.

Correct but that's what Robbie does.

Fozzyonthefence
14 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I said similar on the matchday thread.  So obvious really, and a real worry that a now relatively experienced manager doesn’t see that.

Tokyo Drifter
On 27/02/2021 at 19:34, ToqueJambo said:

Last night things didn't come off for him earlier in the game and he looked miserable as sin. Pulled his socks up and had some good runs in the second half, looking much more determined. Encouraging.

Can't decide if he's just lost confidence or whether he's lost speed and confidence, but whenever he gets the ball and looks like he's going to take on his man he just passes. Agree, though, that there were some flashes last night. Things changed dramatically when Walker and Gnandu came on.

This is one for these real Jambos who watch every minute of every game and is only loosely related to GMS.  Why have we been consistently underwhelming for years.  At most, GMS is only responsible for a wee bit of it.

Is it recruitment?

Is it tactics?

Is it fitness?

Is it coaching?

Is it motivation.

I find it hard to believe and hard to take that Livingston have been far better than us for years.