Hickey

jamborich

Harsh, no malice in it but his boots quite high with his studs up and he makes contact at the boys ankle, nowadays a ref is within his rights to give a red.... if the ball were on the deck.

I personally don't think the ref has taken into account the nature of how the ball is contested there as it bounces quite high, it is a 50/50 and a yellow would have been the right call. 

Aaron's a bit unfortunate imo. 

Edited by Cruyff

He's got his eyes on the ball the whole time so I don't think it's intentional. That said, he puts studs and weight on the opponant's ankle so it's a potential leg breaker if the opponent had his leg planted. Clearly dangerous so I don't think he can have any complaints.

Perth to Paisley

Mihajlovic said 

"Red changed everything.  They had supremacy, but we defended ourselves well and conceded goals on rebounds.  I'm angry about that expulsion.  There was no match in 11 against 11. "Sinisa Mihajlovic, the Bologna coach, spoke to Dazn like this after the match against Sassuolo:" I can't understand: the referee didn't call the foul on the pitch and then he  extracted the red after a quarter of an hour.  Nobody had complained.  With Udinese Samir committed a foul ten times worse than Hickey and was not booked.  We are not lucky, the referee ruined the game, at most Hickey's was a yellow card.  Against Udinese we did well and conceded goals in recovery.  With less man we must try to have more personality, today on the defensive level we did well. "

Didn't take his eye off the ball the entire time so it was obviously accidental and no malice what so ever, but he caught him with studs so in today's game I can see why it was given. Sounds like a poor call based on the flow of the game though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Didn't take his eye off the ball the entire time so it was obviously accidental and no malice what so ever, but he caught him with studs so in today's game I can see why it was given. Sounds like a poor call based on the flow of the game though. 

A problem also with slow motion replays. Another angle and it wouldn't have looked so bad.

Also as the manager says, consistency. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

He's Scottish right?   Not in Steve Clarke's plan for the qualifiers next month? 

We’ve got a couple of decent left backs ahead of him.  

On 20/02/2021 at 22:23, Rick Sanchez said:

Painful as....

4 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

If someone made that tackle on a Hearts player, I’d be screaming for a red card. 

Likewise , no malice but dangerous and the rules are the rules nowadays.

Samuel Camazzola

It's never a red. Footage zoomed in and slowed down always looks worse than it is. 

Committed and honest attempt. Not out of control. Touch late, foul, free kick, move on.