Jump to content

****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****


Furious Styles

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


That pitch last night was anything but “slow and uneven” it was fast and smooth, so should it not have been an advantage to our allegedly superior players and passing game?

Watch again Thomaso. Players running with the ball struggling to get it out of the feet and checking back for it.

 

Didn't watch it all, not that stupid,  honestly  :) but it was slow. 

 

However I think we should be able to adapt better, it would have an effect but should not stop us from doing things better and smarter.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thomaso

    68

  • Sir Gio

    58

  • Robbo-Jambo

    45

  • GinRummy

    42

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Watch again Thomaso. Players running with the ball struggling to get it out of the feet and checking back for it.

 

Didn't watch it all, not that stupid,  honestly  :) but it was slow. 

 

However I think we should be able to adapt better, it would have an effect but should not stop us from doing things better and smarter.

 


Looked like poor ball control not the pitch IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Hearts have the right to end some games like this right now, but this was not a good game at all. They know it too and have to move forward. Improve and forget it like a nightmare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
qferryjam
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Same as Dunfermline - outdone by a midfield with 2 loanees and a guy that was playing 3rd tier football the season before.  That time it wasn't the pitch but the referee. 

It’s been every away game without exception even when winning it’s a massive struggle, far too easy to defend against sloppy goals , lack of any consistent quality, a majority of players in every game underperforming ,

chopping and changing , tinkering with formations 

It all makes for a very poor watch 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


Looked like poor ball control not the pitch IMO

 

Last night McFadden in summary said that the pitch isn't great, it's ahrd for the players etc etc.. and from what i could make out from diving in my beer chiller in the next room, Stevenson seemed to disagree saying that it shouldn't really be an issue as Hearts practice on these surfaces all the time. Something like that anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:


Looked like poor ball control not the pitch IMO

:lol:

 

Fair bit in truth. Should we allow for not being able to feel their toes.  Nawww 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

Olly Lee thriving away from Hearts.

 

Shocker. Watch Wighton next...and if Boyce leaves watch him.

 

Something has been rotten about our build up in the final third for so long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

So good games don't count then.

 

Only review bad shit. That is fundamentally what is wrong with society I suppose 

Have we had a good game since we beat Dundee 6-2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

 

Last night McFadden in summary said that the pitch isn't great, it's ahrd for the players etc etc.. and from what i could make out from diving in my beer chiller in the next room, Stevenson seemed to disagree saying that it shouldn't really be an issue as Hearts practice on these surfaces all the time. Something like that anyway. 

 

Both of those ex professionals didn't see anything wrong with the 1st penalty, therefore their opinion because obsolete to me. 

 

These pundits don't always say what they see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The board signs off balance sheets & meeting minutes. 

The end. 

So your saying they are ignorant about football. 
No wonder we’re not managed by a quality manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jambonian said:

 

Last night McFadden in summary said that the pitch isn't great, it's ahrd for the players etc etc.. and from what i could make out from diving in my beer chiller in the next room, Stevenson seemed to disagree saying that it shouldn't really be an issue as Hearts practice on these surfaces all the time. Something like that anyway. 

Suppose the issue is that particular surface ain’t great. Some Astro better than others and could have been harder cos of the weather

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Arbroath at Alloa was better entertainment than watching Hearts. We’re playing in the Championship and we are playing crap. Ryan Stevenson told the BBC gadgy that Hearts were a shambles and he was spot on. Neilson is one lucky guy that the fans are not at the games because they’d be calling for his blood. 
There must be a manager out there that can get our team playing decent football no matter what league we’re in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Robbie obviously thinks he's a superstar.

They all do. Every one of them thinks they’re amazing.

 

levein started that mentality off, and it was even like that when we were bottom, which made the situation all the harder to tolerate. 
 

The jury is still out on a few of the newer guys, but in my opinion the only ‘honest’ players we have are Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and at times Boyce, although he’s never the striker some think he is. The rest think they are tickets and need a slap. 
 

Sick of seeing moaning greeting faces when they are just playing shite. 
 

Edinson Cavani... on paper some would say he’s past it. Guy doesn’t need the dosh. He certainly has nothing to prove to anyone. But at 33 he goes out and plays every game like it’s his last.

 

Compare that attitude to our lot - night and day. 
 

They don’t know they’re born. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
qferryjam
14 minutes ago, chimpto said:

They all do. Every one of them thinks they’re amazing.

 

levein started that mentality off, and it was even like that when we were bottom, which made the situation all the harder to tolerate. 
 

The jury is still out on a few of the newer guys, but in my opinion the only ‘honest’ players we have are Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and at times Boyce, although he’s never the striker some think he is. The rest think they are tickets and need a slap. 
 

Sick of seeing moaning greeting faces when they are just playing shite. 
 

Edinson Cavani... on paper some would say he’s past it. Guy doesn’t need the dosh. He certainly has nothing to prove to anyone. But at 33 he goes out and plays every game like it’s his last.

 

Compare that attitude to our lot - night and day. 
 

They don’t know they’re born. 

Said exactly the same when Cavani came on as a sub last week ,

they just don’t seem to appreciate the privileged position they are in , frustration is heightened when you see guys binned as not the right quality succeeding elsewhere workers Callachan and Edwards not the most gifted but exactly what we needed last night 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Several 


Excluding the cup games - in a very basic way, I’d summarise our performances as follows, in the league;

 

Good performances 

 

6-2 win vs Dundee at home 

6-1 win vs QOS at home 

5-3 win vs Ayr at home 

1-3 win vs Alloa away 

0-4 win vs Raith away (best performance of the season) 

 

Passable performances 

 

2-1 win vs ICT at home 

3-0 win vs Alloa at home 

0-2 win vs Morton away

3-1 win vs Arbroath at home

 

Poor performances 

 

0-1 win at Arbroath 

2-1 defeat at Dunfermline 

3-1 defeat vs Dundee away 

2-3 defeat vs Raith at home 

1-0 win vs Dunfermline at home 

0-1 win v Ayr away 

1-1 draw vs QoS away 


Bit of a mixed bag. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:


Excluding the cup games - in a very basic way, I’d summarise our performances as follows, in the league;

 

Good performances 

 

6-2 win vs Dundee at home 

6-1 win vs QOS at home 

5-3 win vs Ayr at home 

1-3 win vs Alloa away 

0-4 win vs Raith away (best performance of the season) 

 

Passable performances 

 

2-1 win vs ICT at home 

3-0 win vs Alloa at home 

0-2 win vs Morton away

3-1 win vs Arbroath at home

 

Poor performances 

 

0-1 win at Arbroath 

2-1 defeat at Dunfermline 

3-1 defeat vs Dundee away 

2-3 defeat vs Raith at home 

1-0 win vs Dunfermline at home 

0-1 win v Ayr away 

1-1 draw vs QoS away 


Bit of a mixed bag. 

 

I'd agree with that bar Morton could have won by 6 that day easily 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Olly Lee thriving away from Hearts.

 

Shocker. Watch Wighton next...and if Boyce leaves watch him.

 

Something has been rotten about our build up in the final third for so long.

 

There is no creativity from the middle, no runners to receive the ball and too many whimps that are easily moved off the ball.

 

Crap pitches and dodgy refs don't help but we are our own worst enemy.

 

We bring in players that have skills in specific areas and we don't play to them. 

 

We have done this for years. IF you have a penalty box striker why is he dropping deep all the time? Because he is not getting the service.

 

If you have a winger who likes the ball in front off him why play it behind him?

 

This is the sort of thing we do all the time and have done for years.

 

It doesn't seem to matter who we bring in the style of play is still the same.

 

We need two maybe three dynamic creative central midfielders who can set the tempo to bring our striking players into the game in the way that suits team to get the best from them.

 

Clogging about passing the ball sideways and backwards just plays into the hands of the teams we have faltered to particularly away from home.

 

Halliday, Irving and Haring have all shown that they are all far too slow to do this so I know a lot of people willl disagree but we need to replace most of these players.

 

We can afford to have one of those types in the middle but not two or three.

 

Judging by the fact that Robbie has hooked Irving in the last couple of games suggests  to me that he is on his way out whether by his own personal choice or Robbie is maybe giving him a helping hand.

 

We still need to strengthen big time in the middle of the park otherwise if we are promoted we will be straight back down again with this team.

 

Edited by wavydavy
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

There is no creativity from the middle, no runners to receive the ball and too many whimps that are easily moved off the ball.

 

Crap pitches and dodgy refs don't help but we are our own worst enemy.

 

We bring in players that have skills in specific areas and we don't play to them. 

 

We have done this for years. IF you have a penalty box striker why is he dropping deep all the time? Because he is not getting the service.

 

If you have a winger who likes the ball in front off him why play it behind him?

 

This is the sort of thing we do all the time and have done for years.

 

It doesn't seem to matter who we bring in the style of play is still the same.

 

We need two maybe three dynamic creative central midfielders who can set the tempo to bring our striking players into the game in the way that suits team to get the best from them.

 

Clogging about passing the ball sideways and backwards just plays into the hands of the teams we have faltered to particularly away from home.

 

Halliday, Irving and Haring have all shown that they are all far too slow to do this so I know a lot of people willl disagree but we need to replace most of these players.

 

We can afford to have one of those types in the middle but not two or three.

 

Judging by the fact that Robbie has hooked Irving in the last couple of games suggests  to me that he is on his way out whether by his own personal choice or Robbie is maybe giving him a helping hand.

 

We still need to strengthen big time in the middle of the park otherwise if we are promoted we will be straight back down again with this team.

 

Agree, especially with the last sentence.  Our strikers are suffering from lack of service and being criticised unfairly.  We could have three up and they would still be ineffective.  We have no engine room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Agree, especially with the last sentence.  Our strikers are suffering from lack of service and being criticised unfairly.  We could have three up and they would still be ineffective.  We have no engine room.

My lad suffers from poor circulation and has problems in winter conditions.   One of the reasons he moved to Arkansas to play with the Little Rock Rangers was that soccer is a summer game in US.  In Scotland his hands would turn white/blue in cold weather.  He would not have coped with the weather at Ayr and Dumfries.  I remember him playing for Academy against Rangers at Milngavie.  The coach sent him to the changing rooms before KO as he was shivering violently.

 

I suspect there must be other fair weather players out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Digging up an old thread, but interesting to see a penalty claim in the Leeds v Southampton game tonight that was similar in some respects to the penalty that QofS earned against us. The Southampton attacker stuck his leg out to make contact with the Leeds defender to try and earn the spot kick. No pen given, and Souness afterwards said it was absolutely the right decision and the boy who tried to buy the penalty should have been booked.

 

A different game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie Walker Tash
4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Digging up an old thread, but interesting to see a penalty claim in the Leeds v Southampton game tonight that was similar in some respects to the penalty that QofS earned against us. The Southampton attacker stuck his leg out to make contact with the Leeds defender to try and earn the spot kick. No pen given, and Souness afterwards said it was absolutely the right decision and the boy who tried to buy the penalty should have been booked.

 

A different game. 

I've just said pretty much the same thing in the EPL thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I've just said pretty much the same thing in the EPL thread.

 

Yeah, just read that!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
57 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Digging up an old thread, but interesting to see a penalty claim in the Leeds v Southampton game tonight that was similar in some respects to the penalty that QofS earned against us. The Southampton attacker stuck his leg out to make contact with the Leeds defender to try and earn the spot kick. No pen given, and Souness afterwards said it was absolutely the right decision and the boy who tried to buy the penalty should have been booked.

 

A different game. 

Think your point is that the QotS boy should  be retrospectively suspended.

 

We have no Var in Scotland and will never have in our current league. There was no way that decision was getting changed once given. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to playing a club I don't want deid this weekend.  They're currently losing at home to Alloa so we might be good for another draw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Looking forward to playing a club I don't want deid this weekend.  They're currently losing at home to Alloa so we might be good for another draw.

Spoke too soon.  In the lead now.  Draw might be optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Think your point is that the QotS boy should  be retrospectively suspended.

 

We have no Var in Scotland and will never have in our current league. There was no way that decision was getting changed once given. 

All and sundry on that bbc broadcast said it was a penalty, if I remember rightly. Can’t remember any mention of the causing contact by sticking his leg sideways, although I could be wrong.

To be fair the the referee, he’d be struggling to see what the player did without a replay to watch.

I blame Jamie Vardy for this kind of thing. He got away with doing it fairly regularly, before the penny dropped with officials about what he was doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

All and sundry on that bbc broadcast said it was a penalty, if I remember rightly. Can’t remember any mention of the causing contact by sticking his leg sideways, although I could be wrong.

To be fair the the referee, he’d be struggling to see what the player did without a replay to watch.

I blame Jamie Vardy for this kind of thing. He got away with doing it fairly regularly, before the penny dropped with officials about what he was doing.

The QotS player was pissin himself  when being asked about it.

I turned off, so no idea what was said after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

All and sundry on that bbc broadcast said it was a penalty, if I remember rightly. Can’t remember any mention of the causing contact by sticking his leg sideways, although I could be wrong.

To be fair the the referee, he’d be struggling to see what the player did without a replay to watch.

I blame Jamie Vardy for this kind of thing. He got away with doing it fairly regularly, before the penny dropped with officials about what he was doing.

It was definitely picked up in the slo-mos (maybe McFadden but I don't recall).

 

And as another poster mentioned, the lad actually started laughing when he was asked about the incident , post match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My phone says ICT are going to give us a sound thrashing.

 

Tragedy is, I won't be at all all surprised.  One too many Hearts 0 half times for me to be any more optimistic.

 

Wouldn't it be just fantastic if with all the advantages we have over them we could win 4 or 5 nil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy

Ryan Stevenson in the Daily Rangers having a go after the Morton result.....

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-should-smashing-morton-fear-23553047

 

Hearts should be smashing Morton and I fear players aren’t good enough for Premiership – Ryan Stevenson

 

"Playing Greenock Morton at home, they should be absolutely smashing them.

That’s the bottom line. They should be winning at a canter and they’re not and the result before that was poor too.

If I was the manager, there’d be questions over whether the squad is good enough to go into the Premiership next season.

Hearts can’t just be looking at the top six; they need to be looking at the top four and the jury’s out for me whether that group of players can actually go and do that."

 

...hard to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Grim Reaper
33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ryan Stevenson in the Daily Rangers having a go after the Morton result.....

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-should-smashing-morton-fear-23553047

 

Hearts should be smashing Morton and I fear players aren’t good enough for Premiership – Ryan Stevenson

 

"Playing Greenock Morton at home, they should be absolutely smashing them.

That’s the bottom line. They should be winning at a canter and they’re not and the result before that was poor too.

If I was the manager, there’d be questions over whether the squad is good enough to go into the Premiership next season.

Hearts can’t just be looking at the top six; they need to be looking at the top four and the jury’s out for me whether that group of players can actually go and do that."

 

...hard to disagree.

 

They were both decent results according to the club troll. As was Hibs winning the Scottish cup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ryan Stevenson in the Daily Rangers having a go after the Morton result.....

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-should-smashing-morton-fear-23553047

 

Hearts should be smashing Morton and I fear players aren’t good enough for Premiership – Ryan Stevenson

 

"Playing Greenock Morton at home, they should be absolutely smashing them.

That’s the bottom line. They should be winning at a canter and they’re not and the result before that was poor too.

If I was the manager, there’d be questions over whether the squad is good enough to go into the Premiership next season.

Hearts can’t just be looking at the top six; they need to be looking at the top four and the jury’s out for me whether that group of players can actually go and do that."

 

...hard to disagree.

Is the jury out though. Regardless of you opinion on RN or individual players, surely nobody thinks the squad as it is would be top 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Is the jury out though. Regardless of you opinion on RN or individual players, surely nobody thinks the squad as it is would be top 4. 

And surely no-one thinks the squad as it is would be the squad we would have in the Top league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

And surely no-one thinks the squad as it is would be the squad we would have in the Top league. 

Exactly. If Ryan needed Saturday to convince him of that he hasn’t been watching us much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
23 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

All and sundry on that bbc broadcast said it was a penalty, if I remember rightly. Can’t remember any mention of the causing contact by sticking his leg sideways, although I could be wrong.

To be fair the the referee, he’d be struggling to see what the player did without a replay to watch.

I blame Jamie Vardy for this kind of thing. He got away with doing it fairly regularly, before the penny dropped with officials about what he was doing.

 

 

Saw on my Sky Sports App the penalty awarded to Southampton turned down by VAR on review, when the player did exactly what the QoS player did.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
12 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

 

They were both decent results according to the club troll. As was Hibs winning the Scottish cup.


An away draw is not awful but that performance at QOTS certainly was.  There’s a few on here, perhaps trolls perhaps not, that can’t seem to distinguish between performances and results.  Some can’t see what is staring right in front of them and some just get a stiffy from arguing with fellow Jambos, and of course some aren’t Jambos at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


An away draw is not awful but that performance at QOTS certainly was.  There’s a few on here, perhaps trolls perhaps not, that can’t seem to distinguish between performances and results.  Some can’t see what is staring right in front of them and some just get a stiffy from arguing with fellow Jambos, and of course some aren’t Jambos at all. 

 

How many points do you get for a performance out of interest? I think some folk would be better off watching figure skating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

How many points do you get for a performance out of interest? I think some folk would be better off watching figure skating.

 

Nice one!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

How many points do you get for a performance out of interest? I think some folk would be better off watching figure skating.

In this league we would get 3 points every game for a decent performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

How many points do you get for a performance out of interest? I think some folk would be better off watching figure skating.

If you perform better than the other team you get 3 points. It’s all relative. You still get 3 points for a shite performance if the other team is more shite than you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If you perform better than the other team you get 3 points. It’s all relative. You still get 3 points for a shite performance if the other team is more shite than you.

You get three points for a win regardless of how well you perform. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
Just now, davemclaren said:

You get three points for a win regardless of how well you perform. 🤔

True but you don’t generally get any points unless you’ve performed.

 

Good performance = winning (usually)

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

True but you don’t generally get any points unless you’ve performed.

 

Good performance = winning (usually)

It usually helps but you can win while under performing. League winners tend to be good at getting the late goal to win a match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It usually helps but you can win while under performing. League winners tend to be good at getting the late goal to win a match. 

Yes but they are much better at performing most of the time and getting 3 or 4 goals to win a match.

 

Some fans confuse ‘performance’ with ‘entertainment’ You can perform and win without really entertaining anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes but they are much better at performing most of the time and getting 3 or 4 goals to win a match.

 

Some fans confuse ‘performance’ with ‘entertainment’ You can perform and win without really entertaining anyone.

You can indeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...