****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Francis Albert said:

We probably didn't deserve 3 points? Delusional.

You get generally what you deserve. QoS never had a corner and you could argue bar the penalties there's not been another chance in the game,  so the draw is fair.

We had 12 corners to their none,  but not one of them even offered a sniff. 

I genuinely believe we showed urgency for long enough spells, the decision making and hanging on to the ball I find incredibly frustrating. 

Alas this is a team that only does enough. 

Morton will get horsed next week before suffering another Friday night of pain in Inverness. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

And I stand by if 

so you think it’s his fault the players never made the right choices when in there box because we were in there box more then enough times to make something happen nothing came off tonight 

not the managers fault this time for me 

Robbie is... wot you said. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Get macphee back in to organise set pieces!!!

Martin signing on Monday 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

And I stand by if 

so you think it’s his fault the players never made the right choices when in there box because we were in there box more then enough times to make something happen nothing came off tonight 

not the managers fault this time for me 

I'm with you. Collectively in and around the box its been awful too often. Taking liberties every time they believe there's comfort zone. 

They seem to be able to play very well when they fancy it 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You get generally what you deserve. QoS never had a corner and you could argue bar the penalties there's not been another chance in the game,  so the draw is fair.

We had 12 corners to their none,  but not one of them even offered a sniff. 

I genuinely believe we showed urgency for long enough spells, the decision making and hanging on to the ball I find incredibly frustrating. 

Alas this is a team that only does enough. 

Morton will get horsed next week before suffering another Friday night of pain in Inverness. 

That’s far to balanced an opinion that will not be received well 

your spot on tho 

3 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

This how I normally would feel but ive had enough Its almost the same performance each week Sit down really looking forward to watching us and within minutes really frustrated by how boring we are 

As can be seen from my initial post I have been through absolute crap Hearts teams since late 60s onwards. I don’t know how old you are but please believe me watching HMFC for so long has caused me many disappointments. I could write a book about those absolutely terrible experiences but I keep going back because it is in my blood to support the team through thick and thin. Please just accept we will not play great football in every game and will not win every game. We have had many managers over the years but nobody has aspired to Tommy Walker’s achievements and probably never will.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

This how I normally would feel but ive had enough Its almost the same performance each week Sit down really looking forward to watching us and within minutes really frustrated by how boring we are 

50 25 25

50 percent we play decent football. 

Split the other 50 25 25.

25 teams parking the bus and 25 us playing poor football to break it down, and that I agree is frustrating. Basically the game tonight was defence against attack training ground. 90 minutes of pain as defence won comfortably, boring yes

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm with you. Collectively in and around the box its been awful too often. Taking liberties every time they believe there's comfort zone. 

They seem to be able to play very well when they fancy it 

Agree that the players need to take more accountability, passing to the next guy and hoping he does something around the 18 yard box isn't good enough. 

30 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Ok I get what you are saying but there is nobody busting a gut to buy her out or take over. We have what we have and we just have to get on with it.  We are top of the Championship and will probably win it at a canter . Robbie as I said was not my preferred option but he is our manager and he deserves support, not  constant inane criticism.

Defo re supporting our manager but we have the FOH ready to step in re your first point and if we were in the SPL this year we would be cast adrift at the bottom without a doubt .

We need  regime change asqp imho.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Defo re supporting our manager but we have the FOH ready to step in re your first point and if we were in the SPL this year we would be cast adrift at the bottom without a doubt .

We need  regime change asqp imho.

What do you mean re regime change? As I said nobody is desperate to take us over and FOH contributions are not enough to keep a sustained challenge in the top league. We therefore need someone else with megabucks or we stay where we constantly struggle to be.

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

To be fair to the Polis. Back then they gave as good as they got. They got plenty. Only difference was nobody moaned as most knew they deserved it.

I have to say that I was involved in 3 court cases, including the infamous Tannadice incident, when you got lifted from the crowd if you simply made eye contact.  In all three cases the police blatantly lied on oath.  Not wee lies whoppers.  For example, the constables said they were jostled and spat on after lifting my brother.  Only problem for them a photographer had shots of a wide avenue opened up with no Hearts fans near them and close up shots showed zero sign of them being spat on.  Another case where the Sheriff said he didn't believe the police account.  Good news was that the following season the police were a changed mob.  Three court cases, three times the Sheriffs said they didn't believe the police.

2 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

We were the better team you really think they deserve to win that ? 
they had one shot on target and a penalty that should never have been 

am not saying we were good far from it but out the 2 sides we were the better team no question 

Then should have won, no!

Just now, scratchy said:

Then should have won, no!

We should have yes 

whats you’re point ? 

you think there penalty should have been given? 

They offered nothing in way of attacking 

And we should of made more of the space and time in there box 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

We should have yes 

whats you’re point ? 

you think there penalty should have been given? 

They offered nothing in way of attacking 

And we should of made more of the space and time in there box 

You've just made my point mate. We should have won, but failed, miserably. 

Just now, scratchy said:

You've just made my point mate. We should have won, but failed, miserably. 

Yes but that’s not the managers fault 

if that’s what your meaning 

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

Yes but that’s not the managers fault 

if that’s what your meaning 

It's an attitude problem man, collective responsibility. 

7 minutes ago, 23851 said:

What do you mean re regime change? As I said nobody is desperate to take us over and FOH contributions are not enough to keep a sustained challenge in the top league. We therefore need someone else with megabucks or we stay where we constantly struggle to be.

Last reply cause you are clearly not getting it , Livvy, Motherwell etc dont have a mega bucks owner but are out performing us massively,  we do and are sitting in the second tier serving up  dross but getting results because our opponents are utter garbage. Budge is the common denominator employing joker after joker, time to move her on 

2 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

We deserved nothing are you serious they had nothing to offer up front and got a penalty that was never a penalty we were poor but did more then enough to get the win IMO 

Deadly serious, what your telling me, we did enough to win, get a grip, Hearts, as a team, never created anything, so how do you come to the conclusion we did enough to win!!!!🤔

Fair enough their pen was never a pen, but come on.....

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Deadly serious, what your telling me, we did enough to win, get a grip, Hearts, as a team, never created anything, so how do you come to the conclusion we did enough to win!!!!🤔

Fair enough their pen was never a pen, but come on.....

We had more then enough of the ball in there box to win the game yes but my point is that people are blaming the manager and this time it’s not his fault the players never had more composure in the box 

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

We had more then enough of the ball in there box to win the game yes but my point is that people are blaming the manager and this time it’s not his fault the players never had more composure in the box 

One striker in their box against, 5 or 6 defenders, sometimes more, we're gonna struggle to score, any teams gonna struggle, Hearts need to play with 2 strikers,imo one striker is too easy to defend against

SectionDJambo

I take no pleasure in criticising my team. There are factors around what Robbie and his coaches were left to work with from the malaise of the last 2 or 3 seasons. The shenanigans of the summer were designed, by some, to hurt us in competitive terms, and definitely affected the quality of player we could attract to replace the previous failures.

However, in the second division of the Scottish league, Hearts should not have lost 3 and drawn 1 from the first 16 matches, given the resources that we have compared to our opponents. 
We do not, of course, have a right to expect everything to go our way, but there seems to be a complacency, or negativity, that has set in the minds of Hearts players and coaches over those 2 or 3 years, which is showing little, consistent, sign of going away.

The players maybe need a crowd to push them on, but given that we were talking of boycotting most grounds this season, it’s maybe just as well that our opponents don’t have their fans in the ground either.
Goodness knows how the current team will perform, or how our coaches will set the team up, at Parkhead and Ibrox, or indeed Easter Road, when we are back in the top league with big crowds backing our opponents.

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Last reply cause you are clearly not getting it , Livvy, Motherwell etc dont have a mega bucks owner but are out performing us massively,  we do and are sitting in the second tier serving up  dross but getting results because our opponents are utter garbage. Budge is the common denominator employing joker after joker, time to move her on 

It’s something I’ve pondered a lot. Budge being too soft but she backs the managers she puts in place. The clubs you mention are different, they’ve got siege mentality to help them. Hearts managers would get slaughtered for taking the same approach Motherwell and Livingston do.

Put yourself is Budge’s mules just now. You’ve had Craig stitching you up, taken a failed punt on Cathro, gone with the fans on the quirky German which didn’t work. You can understand why she’s gone back to Robbie. You’ll always get freak boosts like Clarke at Killie and Martindale at Livvy but generally these are few and far between.

Most Hibs fans I know are banging on about how average they are and worse under Ross than Lennon. Aberdeen fans kicking off about McInnes. St Johnstone got rid of Wright.

Truth is, as much as we don’t like to admit it, we’re all very average and have been for donkeys. Under many owners, managers and across hundreds of players 

1 minute ago, rmreido said:

One striker in their box against, 5 or 6 defenders, sometimes more, we're gonna struggle to score, any teams gonna struggle, Hearts need to play with 2 strikers,imo one striker is too easy to defend against

Are we not top scorers per game in the country? 

we had plenty players in there box but they made the wrong choice every time 

they had a penalty that never was and a shot from distance that was easy saved that’s it they did nothing but fall over and the ref was more then happy to give them the foul 

if we were more composed in front of we win comfortably we tried to walk it in to the goal 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, 23851 said:

OK not the result we wanted tonight but I would ask everyone who wants rid of Mrs Budge, where our future funding is going to come from? As a Hearts man since my first trip to Tynecastle in 1957 I would suggest that we have been looking for a extremely rich benefactor ever since without success. If Mrs Budge is forced out as a lot of people on here seem to want, where is our money going to come from? FOH is all well and good but not significant enough to sustain a similar spending budget on players we have had during Mrs Budge’s tenure.  Robbie was not my preference as our new manager and tonight’s result was disappointing to say the least but for anyone’s sake please support the club through thick and thin. The total infighting and slagging on JKB is so unproductive and gets us nowhere. FFS get behind what we currently have and ride with the few disappointments we experience, please!!!

We need to get to the stage of funding the club from within the constraints of ‘normal’ business income.

We’ve shown that we can’t be trusted with benefactors income, and pound for pound we’ve haven’t half under delivered.

We had a rich benefactor, well at least  it appeared so, and he almost killed us. 

I don’t want another one. We should never ever seek a rich benefactor.

Where does our future funding come from?

Where it should always have come from, normal business income, not some ‘artificially’ created income.

We live within those means.

We’re operating like a household that needs £2k pm to survive which has been given £4K pm and we’re spending the excess on all the shite of the day simply because we can

2 hours ago, gavvy said:

It was like there was some sort of weird agenda, no idea what BBC sport Scotland were on about. It's like they were trying to create some sort of controversy to get social media trending or something?

Almost as good as this **** up. Did anyone else notice after we scored the penalty that it stayed 1-0. I was thinking for a nano second “hold up, did we not score?”  Boy doing the scores for BBC must have fell asleep. Dinnae blame him. 

974DA372-1E08-416F-B52D-56579980664E.jpeg

It was a crap game on a very cold Dumfries night on an artificial playing surface. Both teams never looked like scoring from open play.

One team got a very dubious penalty and scored. One team got a stonewall penalty and scored.

That was it.

Captain Sausage

Hugely frustrating evening, once again. 

This season is a bit like when you used to cheat on champ manager back in the day - go into editor and stick Maldini and Shevchenko into Stirling Albion and win every game 8-0. 

Except we aren’t winning every game 8-0, we are scraping through games with dreadful performances and lots of very tight wins (last night was our first draw). 

Neilson has at his disposal a full team of international players. We have one of the top 2 keepers in the country, international caps at fullback. Former Livi captain and former Scotland captain at centre back. U21 cap in midfield, a Dutch u21 cap on the wing, with 2 Scotland caps in attacking midfield and then Naismith and Boyce up top. 

The level of quality available to Neilson is just night and day compared with anything else in the championship. His ability to create so many tight games is incredible. I could pick anyone off the street who know what the offside rule was and they’d win the championship with Hearts. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

It was a crap game on a very cold Dumfries night on an artificial playing surface. Both teams never looked like scoring from open play.

One team got a very dubious penalty and scored. One team got a stonewall penalty and scored.

That was it.

Now that you mention it. 👏🙌

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

Yip, and yet a few are still happy.

My son was just talking about the difference between the ‘promotion’ season style of play and this turgid stuff. Night and day!

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Hugely frustrating evening, once again. 

This season is a bit like when you used to cheat on champ manager back in the day - go into editor and stick Maldini and Shevchenko into Stirling Albion and win every game 8-0. 

Except we aren’t winning every game 8-0, we are scraping through games with dreadful performances and lots of very tight wins (last night was our first draw). 

Neilson has at his disposal a full team of international players. We have one of the top 2 keepers in the country, international caps at fullback. Former Livi captain and former Scotland captain at centre back. U21 cap in midfield, a Dutch u21 cap on the wing, with 2 Scotland caps in attacking midfield and then Naismith and Boyce up top. 

The level of quality available to Neilson is just night and day compared with anything else in the championship. His ability to create so many tight games is incredible. I could pick anyone off the street who know what the offside rule was and they’d win the championship with Hearts. 

It was awful viewing last night. A similar collection of internationals and highly rated players saw us in relegation form for nearly two years before RN’s arrival. It baffles me why en mass players want to play simple passes in their own half or pass the ball all the way back to the keeper from an attacking position. It’s almost as if we are setting out to frustrate the likes of QOS and Ayr.  

“Although we controlled a lot of the game, our quality in the final third wasn't there. But I put that down to this surface, it's very difficult to play on.”

So what’s your plan for when we play Hamilton, Killie and Livvy next season, oh wise one? give up on 6 away games?

Hopefully he won’t be here to worry about that. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Although we controlled a lot of the game, our quality in the final third wasn't there. But I put that down to this surface, it's very difficult to play on.”

So what’s your plan for when we play Hamilton, Killie and Livvy next season, oh wise one? give up on 6 away games?

Surely to **** those comments are just to protect the players? What he says in the dressing room and training ground must be very different. 

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Absolute penis of a man. 

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Me or Robbie?

Correct on both counts 😁

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Our manager is the biggest penis going. 

Referee, pitch, injuries, wind chill factor, uncomfortable bus journey down. Sick of hearing it. 

Ex member of the SaS

For weeks I have been banging on about performances and commitment. I have been shouted down with comments like " you know nothing about football". Yet here we are another turgid performance.

Every time we got the ball we had more than half our team in our own half. ( 7 player counting Gordon ) When the ball did eventually get forward, we had our main striker in the center circle trying to do something, and one if we are luck in the box.

I have moaned about Boyce for many games, but he was at least trying to do something, the problem was he SHOULD have been further up the pitch.

The turgid passing around the backs is becoming a feature and is easy to play against as teams will try to win the ball. We allow the opposition to walk up the pitch with no one making a tackle while they get in our faces.

Too many poor performances and Robbie subbing the wrong player time after time. GMS should have gone off as with Halliday and Irving. 

We never play the same time two games in a row and wonder how our new players are struggling to fit in. We never start a game with the strongest teams and we NEVER play two up front!

Another dreadful match to watch. Even the beer didn't help...

Are they really hoping to sell more tickets on the back of these sorts of performances? I've always supported Robbie but he has to start influencing the team more. He's had two windows but seems to be struggling to move players on because he surely must want rid of more players than he's got out the door. We are pedestrian, predictable and boring.

I have the feeling more than ever that Levein's last bomb at the club was persuading Ann to ditch Stendel and get Robbie back...

avhudtheteeshirt

What everyone seems to forget is that we are now 13 points ahead of the others!

These 13 points are in the bag, they have still to play to get theirs!

I don't see a Rangers or Celtic in the pack behind us that can go on a long unbeaten run!

I know its not pretty to watch at times, but every point on the board is a big step towards promotion!!!!

1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

What everyone seems to forget is that we are now 13 points ahead of the others!

These 13 points are in the bag, they have still to play to get theirs!

I don't see a Rangers or Celtic in the pack behind us that can go on a long unbeaten run!

I know its not pretty to watch at times, but every point on the board is a big step towards promotion!!!!

We all know we are going to win this league but this team would be scrapping at the bottom of the SPL...If this is our style of play for next year then we are screwed...

avhudtheteeshirt
Just now, Spellczech said:

We all know we are going to win this league but this team would be scrapping at the bottom of the SPL...If this is our style of play for next year then we are screwed...

I get what your saying, if you look at our performance against premier teams this season, we've stood up well against their challenges.

Its the lower league syndrome that we are suffering from, every game is their cup final against us, and we have to play their game to get anything!!! 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Our manager has the biggest penis going. 

Referee, pitch, injuries, wind chill factor, uncomfortable bus journey down. Sick of hearing it. 

:oohmatron:

Kidd’s Boots
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

For weeks I have been banging on about performances and commitment. I have been shouted down with comments like " you know nothing about football". Yet here we are another turgid performance.

Every time we got the ball we had more than half our team in our own half. ( 7 player counting Gordon ) When the ball did eventually get forward, we had our main striker in the center circle trying to do something, and one if we are luck in the box.

I have moaned about Boyce for many games, but he was at least trying to do something, the problem was he SHOULD have been further up the pitch.

The turgid passing around the backs is becoming a feature and is easy to play against as teams will try to win the ball. We allow the opposition to walk up the pitch with no one making a tackle while they get in our faces.

Too many poor performances and Robbie subbing the wrong player time after time. GMS should have gone off as with Halliday and Irving. 

We never play the same time two games in a row and wonder how our new players are struggling to fit in. We never start a game with the strongest teams and we NEVER play two up front!

It's time for RN to ring the changes in midfield to allow Boyce to get some service and play in the right area as a lone  striker or as a two up front. The difference in Boyce's positioning when McEneff has come on in the last two games is like night and day. McEneff takes the position Boyce drops into but the difference is he is facing the goal looking for the options and movement where Boyce has his back to ball. It's time for Haring to get a run of games also allowing us to get on the front foot and providing defensive insurance. The last 20mins last night was the furthest forward we'd played all night against the same block of 4&5 that we struggled to breakdown for 70mins.

15 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I have the feeling more than ever that Levein's last bomb at the club was persuading Ann to ditch Stendel and get Robbie back...

I don't think you alone with these thoughts.

Whilst the club may have a new Director of Football I am sure Ann Budge has her own DoF in Levein.

Edited by Gambo

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Somebody somewhere inside tynecastle needs to work out why we are reduced to passing the ball around in our own half totally devoid of ideas and movement. It has now been happening far too often for literally years. 

The Levein Legacy!

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Think you overestimate how good the top flight is mate.

12 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another embarrassing thread.

Good laugh though.

Cheers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only a “mouth breather” would find it funny....

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Only a “mouth breather” would find it funny....

On fultpelt stalking duty this morning Cruickie ?    Odd creature. 

12 hours ago, tynewater said:

In rugby the head coach of a losing team (there are rarely draws) usually says something along the lines of "congratulations to the opposition, they played well, but we've got to take a look at the way we performed. We need to do better." They virtually never criticise individual players or referees or pitches or the weather. No doubt different things are said in the dressing room, but that seems a much better message to put over to the media than saying guff like the pitch was terrible. Once you start blaming external factors it just sounds like excuses. Bottom line is that we should have performed better tonight, and it's up to us to make sure we improve for the next game. 

It’s just not rugby - here are Gerard’s honest comments after a recent 1-1 draw against Hamilton on Astroturf. He was honest with the fans, and himself, unlike Neilson’s pathetic excuses!

C1BD6D6B-039D-4B01-93CC-38F0528EB290.jpeg