****Official Queen of the South vs Heart of Midlothian match thread****

William H. Bonney

6 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Queens will probably be without Sheilds (best player/top goalscorer), Dobbie (plenty of goals in his career) and a couple of others so would probably prefer game off BUT I think it has a good chance of taking place. No more snow forecast, roads clear and only temperatures to worry about

Edited by theshed

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

• GinRummy

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Roads and weather in Ayr are fine and there's usually not much difference between  Ayr and Stranraer. You're right enough about the wind though. The BBC is showing 50mph for Stranraer and 17mph for Ayr on Friday night. Something wrong somewhere.

BBC Weather for Friday as at 1000 today;

Capture.PNG

Edited by sandyk

31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i'm really annoyed we have not scored another ten goals

Should have done. Seen some of the worst misses ever this season. At least two open goals.

Some great goalkeeping from the opposition as well to be fair.

Absolute Scenes
14 hours ago, theshed said:

Mackay-Steven doesn’t deserve a start so if he scores it should be from bench 

So Frear instead then? Henderson the better option?
stupid comment

hes not match fit. In order to get match fit, you have to play matches. Thought that was pretty obvious

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

stupid comment

hes not match fit. In order to get match fit, you have to play matches. Thought that was pretty obvious

This - GMS clearly not fit but a much better option than Frear who has been poor in almost every game.

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

stupid comment

Play the new guy that replaced him last week.. swap them round 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Absolutely. Anyone that’s ever played on a frozen solid 3G pitch in a strong wind knows it’s a huge leveller. Rather it was off and we played them in better conditions. If it goes ahead would be happy with another scrappy 1-0 win.

Pah, we used to play on concrete during the break at school, with a squashed Coke can. Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are; snowflakes. 😁

the-monty-python-team-try-001.jpg

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Its like a summers day in Dumfries. Bright blue sky, no wind whatsoever. My weather app is saying -4 but im just back from a walk with the dog and its nowhere near that cold at all. No reason to even think the game could be called for the weather down here 

Would the freezing temp not effect the pitch?

Edited by Lambo85

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

A frozen pitch maybe unless QOTS have undersoil heating?

Temp in Dumfries is not going to get about 2 degrees over the next 2 days and will be -2 when around kick off.

Should be fine on the astro at that temperature.

Absolute Scenes
45 minutes ago, theshed said:

Play the new guy that replaced him last week.. swap them round 

So play the new boy out of position?

2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Its like a summers day in Dumfries. Bright blue sky, no wind whatsoever. My weather app is saying -4 but im just back from a walk with the dog and its nowhere near that cold at all. No reason to even think the game could be called for the weather down here 

Frozen pitch would be my concern. Do QotS have undersoil heating?

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That's me convinced we're winning 4-1, no. 41 to open the scoring... Hmm, no 41, will have to be Naisy 14.   Maybe score all 4 🤔

Of course I'll take another 1-0 😉 

Brighton Jambo
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Did we feck. Neilson won his first six which included 3 Betfred group games and then lost to Alloa in Betfred second round in 7th game. So he won 6 straight. 

That’s just factually wrong.  We won our first 8 games of the season.  And here’s you having a pop that we don’t do winning runs.  Honestly some of our so called ‘fans’ are something else.  

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Did we feck. Neilson won his first six which included 3 Betfred group games and then lost to Alloa in Betfred second round in 7th game. So he won 6 straight. 

wrong, we won our first 8 games, the 9th game was the defeat v dunfermline (2-1) then we beat alloa 3-0 and then in our 11th game of the season we lost AET to alloa

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

That's me convinced we're winning 4-1, no. 41 to open the scoring... Hmm, no 41, will have to be Naisy 14.   Maybe score all 4 🤔

Of course I'll take another 1-0 😉 

Of course, yes.  However, the losing of shit on here on the way to a measly 1-0 will be tediously predictable.

Crappy conditions always suit the inferior team. We saw that at Ayr. If the weather's shite then I'd be happy for a postponement....

Sounds like there are a few other Hearts supporters in Dumfries!  

Anybody any idea how soon before kick off the team usually gets to an away game?  I’m about ten minutes walk from Palmerston so wondered if my daily exercise walk could coincidentally coincide with the team bus(es) arriving?!

Live (14.35) weather conditions report:  sunny, 2.6 degrees C in the shade (but well above ground level) and garden grass frozen/still with frost on it.

And to think that before Christmas, with Dumfries and Galloway in tier 4, I was wondering if Queens could somehow allow in locally resident away supporters, even if others elsewhere were still prevented from travelling!

I would like to think the game would be on, 1-the games on tv and might not be for the rearranged game, 2-they have players out who might be back. 3- let other teams with games in hand, play three times a week to get them done. points in the bag are much more valuable than games in hand. 

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

No chance of a frozen pitch. Really not cold at all. Not sure if Palmerston has heating in the changing rooms never mind under the pitch

That’s good to hear 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Took 6 of them at home. 
They will be the first team that we batter home & away this season. 

0-4

You forget raith aye 😂

4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Pah, we used to play on concrete during the break at school, with a squashed Coke can. Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are; snowflakes. 😁

the-monty-python-team-try-001.jpg

I remember those days.  I also remember a moron in my school forgetting a squashed tin can have sharp edges and shouldn't be headered.  Off to A&E he went with a 3 inch gash in his forehead.  Blood everywhere and to this day, 35 years later, he's still known as 'Gash' both because of this incident and he was a truly shite footballer.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Fort Vallance
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I remember those days.  I also remember a moron in my school forgetting a squashed tin can have sharp edges and shouldn't be headered.  Off to A&E he went with a 3 inch gash in his forehead.  Blood everywhere and to this day, 35 years later, he's still known as 'Gash' both because of this incident and she was a truly shite footballer.

I won't bother with the obvious !

1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

Anybody any idea how soon before kick off the team usually gets to an away game?  I’m about ten minutes walk from Palmerston so wondered if my daily exercise walk could coincidentally coincide with the team bus(es) arriving?!

Live (14.35) weather conditions report:  sunny, 2.6 degrees C in the shade (but well above ground level) and garden grass frozen/still with frost on it.

And to think that before Christmas, with Dumfries and Galloway in tier 4, I was wondering if Queens could somehow allow in locally resident away supporters, even if others elsewhere were still prevented from travelling!

They are staying at the Holiday inn up at the crichton 

1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

Half thought about getting a set of ladders and watching over the wall on Terregles Street

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I would like to think the game would be on, 1-the games on tv and might not be for the rearranged game, 2-they have players out who might be back. 3- let other teams with games in hand, play three times a week to get them done. points in the bag are much more valuable than games in hand. 

The fact that a re-arranged game may not be on tv is a huge incentive for QoS to fail to get the pitch ready tomorrow. They get ppv income from a re-arranged game that isn’t on bbc. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Haunting. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye, I ******* do 🙁

My Mrs says I recreate this every day in the bathroom :(

11 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I was working in Lockerbie yesterday. Got there and back no problem.

Don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to travel, but the weather and travel experts on here will know better I suppose.

No shortage of them on here!

22 hours ago, Barack said:

QotS on a decent run...oh, no! However shall we cope?! 😭

What's Hearts' run? Event Horizon?

Hearts -2. 

That kind of attitude saw us lose at Alloa!! 
We can’t just turn up and think we will stroll it or we tend to lose. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

That kind of attitude saw us lose at Alloa!! 
We can’t just turn up and think we will stroll it or we tend to lose. 

The fans attitude while watching on tv has cost us nothing. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** sake, Geoff. This is exactly the kind of thing Willie is trying to tell us.

Hope you're satisfied if Hearts only score 2 now! 

Funnily enough, a boring 1-0 is as enjoyable as an 8-0 because once this season ends it will be forgotten and disregarded. The sooner it is over and our reinstatement is confirmed, the better. The pseudo-Nevilles who are more worried about style, passing stats and expected goals can foxtrot oscar.

Booing isn't very satisfying if you're just watching on TV, especially if you are alone.  I grew increasingly frustrated during the 1st half of the Cup Final due to our apparent decision not to bother competing.

I tried booing a couple of times but to be honest, I felt like a bit of a pillock.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Booing isn't very satisfying if you're just watching on TV, especially if you are alone.  I grew increasingly frustrated during the 1st half of the Cup Final due to our apparent decision not to bother competing.

I tried booing a couple of times but to be honest, I felt like a bit of a pillock.

If you say ****ing in between boos it feels a bit better.  Dunno if swearing makes you feel less childish or if there’s some other reason for it but definitely works. 

Edited by GinRummy

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** sake, Geoff. This is exactly the kind of thing Willie is trying to tell us.

Hope you're satisfied if Hearts only score 2 now! 

2s are fine.

Don't want a Csaba type play for 1.0s as their 0 soon become 1s and our 1s, 0s.

(Opinioned based on what I thought happened over a decade ago, rather than any form of research)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Funnily enough, a boring 1-0 is as enjoyable as an 8-0 because once this season ends it will be forgotten and disregarded. The sooner it is over and our reinstatement is confirmed, the better. The pseudo-Nevilles who are more worried about style, passing stats and expected goals can foxtrot oscar.

Sad day when I have to agree with Geoff, but this year really is a means to an end, roll on August