Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyNic

• Peakybunnet

• AlimOzturk

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers for the game Peaky.

Goons had it under control and to be honest, we thought we'd blown it towards the end, but somehow scraped to victory.

Cheers fellow goons and of course to the penalty king himself :D

Top three players for me this game were:

Dunks - very cunning and did really well just coming in as soon as it became day and putting a vote in hoping others would follow his lead. Won it for the goons.

Andy - what can I say? Excellent game from him. Stood his ground at the end when it would have been easy to vote sean.

But star performer for me was Sheldon. The pressing. The aggression. Beautiful. Almost had me in tears like a proud ma :lol:

Just now, Dunks said:

Cheers for the game Peaky.

Goons had it under control and to be honest, we thought we'd blown it towards the end, but somehow scraped to victory.

Cheers fellow goons and of course to the penalty king himself :D

I had a shocking game. My worst goon performance to date.

Just now, Shapes said:

Dunks - very cunning and did really well just coming in as soon as it became day and putting a vote in hoping others would follow his lead. Won it for the goons.

Andy - what can I say? Excellent game from him. Stood his ground at the end when it would have been easy to vote sean.

But star performer for me was Sheldon. The pressing. The aggression. Beautiful. Almost had me in tears like a proud ma :lol:

We were going to kill Sheldon a couple of nights ago but went with Prince instead. 
It was a move that almost cost us the game.Outstanding performance Sheldon :clap:

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

Well done goons! 

I didn't care who won as long as it wasn't the assassin :rofl:

:rofl:

apologies but after last game if i stood any chance i needed you gone. You would have tippled me pronto

4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Cheers Shapes and you are so right about Andy and Sheldon :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl:

apologies but after last game if i stood any chance i needed you gone. You would have tippled me pronto

It's made me think about how to stop stuff like that. It may be good and well 'wanting someone gone' but it takes away the strategic element of it and is a bit of a waste. Was frustrating as I haven't been anything other than townie, goon or mason for years. 

Anyway, in my next game I'll be giving the doc 3 or 4 doses of medicine at the start of the game (depending on amount of players). They can give them out at the start of the game and this will last through to the first night is called. And then any saves they make at night will also last throughout the whole of the next day til night is called. Turns the assassin role back from being a revenge from previous games role to a strategic role 

Not as many players made it more strategic. 

I toyed at the beginning with giving the assassin 3 kills but as only 16 players made it 2.

Next time I would enforce the rule only one kill at a time and at night only. Think killing 2 or 3 straight off isn't in the spirit of the game (sorry Alim) and can be used as revenge for earlier games.  To me  they should be trying to identify roled players and knock them off. 

The gladiators made a WhatsApp group to stop the potential of other players seeing them in  PM mode. They were a very vocal group unlike the Forum who never said much. Not helped by Riddley being killed off early and GOFS Fairley new in. 

My wife thinks I am having a fling with somebody as you become tied to the PC and the WhatsApp group. 🤣

Not going to lie - I wanted to create havoc. Have said for long enough I wanted to do it if I was assassin

Ultimately I played to the rules set. "spirit of the game"  don't think I went against that at all really. I got rid of two players who I felt would have been a big threat to me in this game. Also wanted to shoot my bullets off incase of an early day 1 lynch. Was a smaller game pool so the chances of a lynch before shooting bullets was high.

I'm intrigued as to why it took the cop so long to investigate either Rudi or Alim after day 1. We had Rudi down as either assassin or brutus looking for attention.

What were the cop investigations?

I called Rudi as Brutus after day one. Was surprised cop didn't go for him. Understandable on night one because of BS but I was really shocked at the Sheldon investigation. I thought it was fairly obvious he was the last mason 

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'm intrigued as to why it took the cop so long to investigate either Rudi or Alim after day 1. We had Rudi down as either assassin or brutus looking for attention.

What were the cop investigations?

Investigated in order,

Andy (BS)

Redcat: due to her comments about Brutus and her vote putting GOFS into a two point lead.

Sheldon: Shat the bed after his comment about 'hope the cop does the right thing' and thought he was Brutus

Rudi: I also thought he signaled being Brutus on day 1 ('What if they don't care') but chose Sheldon first. instead. 

34 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Agree with this. Very well played Dunks and Sheldon. Was loving Sheldon's tenacity here and thought he must have been cop or a mason.

31 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not going to lie - I wanted to create havoc. Have said for long enough I wanted to do it if I was assassin

Ultimately I played to the rules set. "spirit of the game"  don't think I went against that at all really. I got rid of two players who I felt would have been a big threat to me in this game. Also wanted to shoot my bullets off incase of an early day 1 lynch. Was a smaller game pool so the chances of a lynch before shooting bullets was high.

No criticism of you  Alim as it's become the normal.

I was Assassin last game and used 2 of my kills day 1. Although we had 25 players that game I waited until I thought I had a roled player identified.

With 16 players you lose 2 straight away who have played no part in the game and could play important parts as the game went on. Shapes is in danger of being killed first day every game which isn't really fair on her. 

I am just thinking about future games but the rules will be set by whoever mods the game. 

I would have saved 

Night one: myself 

Night two: Sheldon 

Night three: been annoyed because I'd have wanted to save Sheldon and couldn't so prob myself again 

And then there's no way I'd have been alive after that 🤣

I was gutted because I was like aw yes that's good I'm doc so I'll at least survive night one and I'll be able to give a massive get it up you when a kill is blocked on night one. Turned out I didn't even get to vote :rofl:

22 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

No criticism of you  Alim as it's become the normal.

I was Assassin last game and used 2 of my kills day 1. Although we had 25 players that game I waited until I thought I had a roled player identified.

With 16 players you lose 2 straight away who have played no part in the game and could play important parts as the game went on. Shapes is in danger of being killed first day every game which isn't really fair on her. 

I am just thinking about future games but the rules will be set by whoever mods the game. 

Shapes had some amnesty given to her for 5-6 games now and cant expect to last to the end every game. I get that it is annoying being killed early (went through 2-3 games of it myself) but it is the nature of the game. Players are always going to hold grudges from previous games even though in game play terms in makes zero sense but that is human nature. Don't know if i'd want it to stop that either because i feel it adds a bit of spice and entertainment to the game..

If shapes or riddley are the assassin next game I fully expect a bit of revenge taken against me lol

Edited by AlimOzturk

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Shapes had some amnesty given to her for 5-6 games now and cant expect to last to the end every game. I get that it is annoying being killed early (went through 2-3 games of it myself) but it is the nature of the game. Players are always going to hold grudges from previous games even though in game play terms in makes zero sense but that is human nature. Don't know if i'd want it to stop that either because i feel it adds a bit of spice and entertainment to the game..

If shapes or riddley are the assassin next game I fully expect a bit of revenge taken against me lol

I don't expect to last to the end (which I've done once in about six months!) but to be killed after posting once isn't playing the assassin role how it should be. The assassin is meant to put thought into their kills and I'll be making sure that happens in games I run 

Edited by Shapes

Great game peaky,thanks.

I never recovered from accusing one of my teammates being the assassin. It went downhill from there 😔

We won despite my awful play, well done goon buddies 😁😁

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Really enjoyed that, thanks Peaky.

Thinking back, I should have stated who I thought the remaining goons were before I was killed as it was inevitable that I wasn't going to see the next day. Felt that the goons had a choice to make between Brutus and I but I did wonder if I was just annoying them so much that they wanted rid of me 😂

As alluded to by Bunny's list, Redcat was the goon we knew but I was absolutely adamant about Ian so I had to just go for it. Woke up yesterday morning thinking it was Ian, Dunks, Redcat and Alim but Seats being so stubborn in his defence of Ian confirmed his goonliness. Dunks played a really clever game as always and I actually thought he was trying to protect Alim the other day by saying he thought Alim was the last mason. Weirdly that confirmed to me he was a goon.

Mason chat was quiet but to be honest there wasn't much to discuss. I did all my talking on the game thread instead.  I was so sure that Ian was a goon that I said to Riddley and GOFS that I was going on a voluntary break from Mafia games if he turned out not to be one 😂

Really enjoyable game despite the smaller numbers.

39 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I don't expect to last to the end (which I've done once in about six months!) but to be killed after posting once isn't playing the assassin role how it should be. The assassin is meant to put thought into their kills and I'll be making sure that happens in games I run 

Agree with this. I’ll also be thinking of ways of reeling the assassin in a bit. I’ve even considered doing away with the role altogether.

Alim got 2 roled players straight away, which is fair enough as he needs to get rid of the roles, but that was nothing more than sheer luck.

As Shapes has pointed out, I would like to see the assassin put more thought into their kills.

Edited by iantjambo

Stuart McNeill

Very short lived game for myself. I did judt want to go a wee bit havac day 1 and hoped to last till day 2.

Why did the goons kill me night 1?

On 13/02/2021 at 15:04, jambosean75 said:

My laptop seems about to go Norwegian blue. 

Just put on the game from last night and 10 minutes in and we've started brightly. 

Sorry for missing the early deadline, didn't realise it was happening. 

On 13/02/2021 at 15:34, jambosean75 said:

That's never a penalty. 

Diving ******* 

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools......

[And so on]

........you’ll be a Man, my son!

Well played everyone! Alim most obvious assassin ever, but the kills were worth it for a laugh, and the many, many, many defamatory comments on Discord 😁 Superbly moderated by Peaky. 

Edited by Smack

2 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

As alluded to by Bunny's list, Redcat was the goon we knew but I was absolutely adamant about Ian so I had to just go for it. Woke up yesterday morning thinking it was Ian, Dunks, Redcat and Alim but Seats being so stubborn in his defence of Ian confirmed his goonliness. Dunks played a really clever game as always and I actually thought he was trying to protect Alim the other day by saying he thought Alim was the last mason. Weirdly that confirmed to me he was a goon.

I was slower on the uptake to Ian because I had concerns over both him and Seats and thought only one could be a goon at first. 

Knowing Redcat was bad I waited for their vote and when they pushed Alim to to a tie I knew they were protecting Ian.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I was slower on the uptake to Ian because I had concerns over both him and Seats and thought only one could be a goon at first. 

Knowing Redcat was bad I waited for their vote and when they pushed Alim to to a tie I knew they were protecting Ian.

I was really curious to see who you would go for on night two as there were lots of options. It gave us something to hold on to though.

Couldn't believe it when the investigation of myself came through last night but I did say it was because of what I said about the cop doing the right thing, so apologies for the confusion there. I thought it was fairly clear I was the last mason but maybe not!

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I was really curious to see who you would go for on night two as there were lots of options. It gave us something to hold on to though.

Couldn't believe it when the investigation of myself came through last night but I did say it was because of what I said about the cop doing the right thing, so apologies for the confusion there. I thought it was fairly clear I was the last mason but maybe not!

It was fairly clear to everyone else apparently 😂

I know it's all hindsight but my plan was get Brutus then check out Dunks. If I'd chosen Rudi (and it was a 50/50) then we'd have him known aswell.

9 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Very short lived game for myself. I did judt want to go a wee bit havac day 1 and hoped to last till day 2.

Why did the goons kill me night 1?

We quite honestly went through almost everyone. Ultimately, i think you had just shown the right level of involvement, posting without being too prominent to make us suspicious of you. 

And ian wanted to 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Seats said:

We quite honestly went through almost everyone. Ultimately, i think you had just shown the right level of involvement, posting without being too prominent to make us suspicious of you. 

And ian wanted to 🤣🤣

It was one of a couple of balls ups by me 😂

15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It was one of a couple of balls ups by me 😂

When you were prodding at me I was like nah he's 100% a goon at it :lol:

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

When you were prodding at me I was like nah he's 100% a goon at it :lol:

Think Seats and Ian had  drunk a few sherbets on Saturday night and voted for each other. Ian must have forgotten and never unvoted.  He put a vote on Alim next day which I ignored. 😄

Sean had lost his vote that day so thought it balanced it out. 

9 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Think Seats and Ian had  drunk a few sherbets on Saturday night and voted for each other. Ian must have forgotten and never unvoted.  He put a vote on Alim next day which I ignored. 😄

Sean had lost his vote that day so thought it balanced it out. 

Haha oh dear! 

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Thanks for the great game Peaky! Although my death was horrific 🤢

When I said I was inclined to trust ian I meant I thought he was right, although I should definitely have worded it differently, and it was SO frustrating watching all the goons twist my words after I was a discovered mason 😠😂

18 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

When I said I was inclined to trust ian I meant I thought he was right, although I should definitely have worded it differently, and it was SO frustrating watching all the goons twist my words after I was a discovered mason 😠😂

Who twisted your words?? Let me know and i'll have a word with them for you 😉

1 hour ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

And what's your excuse for unvoting the wrong player? Probably helped in your horrific death :D

1 hour ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

I was definitely twisting your words :lol: