• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

Happy to buy one,  have to be honest and say I’d forgotten about their gesture when we went into administration.

Steven Kilgour, general secretary of the Federation of Hearts supporters, recently got in touch with Inverness Caledonian Thistle to suggest giving something back to the Highlands club, who are in a predicament just now with games going off left, right and centre.

Kilgour remembered the gesture from Inverness in August 2013, when Hearts, then in administration and on minus eight points, travelled to face Inverness in a Premiership fixture. The home club had committed to donating £5 to the Hearts supporters’ fighting fund for every ticket sold over the average away support attendance of 650. In the event, over 1000 Hearts fans turned up.

With no supporters able to attend the Championship fixture between the teams at the end of this month, and the game having been selected for live TV by BBC Scotland, Inverness cannot even rely on money coming in from pay-per-view.

Taking a cue from the recent Marine v Spurs FA Cup tie, when the non-league side sold over 30,000 virtual tickets, Hearts fans will be able to buy a ticket for their game v Inverness, helping fill the home side’s coffers.

Of course, another thing that won’t be forgotten is that Inverness supported Hearts by voting against a resolution to curtail last season. It also helps that Hearts legend John Robertson is in charge of Inverness.

Supporters of either side will be able to purchase a virtual ticket for £5 or, for £10, one personally signed by Robertson, with a thank you note from the former striker included. More details to come later today.

Hearts fans I hope we all buy ticks for this. Inverness are a great little club with a good club ethos and top class man running the football affairs. This will be one away game ticket I’ll be purchasing. 

Superb stuff. Hope we have a lasting bond with them and Partick in particular, but obviously Stranraer too. Kelty would make sense too!!

StevenNaismith
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Deja Vu? I’m sure there was a discussion on this earlier in the week 

There was, my post was hidden I believe.

been here before
1 minute ago, DaveyT said:

Miserable Sod 

Feel free to explain  !

Edited by been here before

been here before
Just now, DaveyT said:

Doesn't need any

Or you've just typed some random shite.

Ill leave you now to send off your postal order to the highlands.

14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

If Robbo puts 'FTH' at the end of his autograph I'll pay £20.:biggrin2:

Me too.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

You could explain, why it's a "crock of shite"

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

You seem quite capable of posting random shite yourself.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, lou said:

You could explain, why it's a "crock of shite"

Why? It's their choice. No point trying to persuade otherwise.

been here before
Just now, DaveyT said:

Exactly

So you've no idea why I think its a crock of shite, not a scooby, it may even be a reason you agree with, who knows?

But you just automatically weigh in "miserable sod".

Very odd behaviour.

It's nothing to do with the summer for me. They extended a hand when everyone else was laughing at us potentially dying. 

If they're toiling now, I'll extend a hand to them. With a brucey bonus of Robbo's signature 😍

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's nothing to do with the summer for me. They extended a hand when everyone else was laughing at us potentially dying. 

If they're toiling now, I'll extend a hand to them. With a brucey bonus of Robbo's signature 😍

Exactly!

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you've no idea why I think its a crock of shite, not a scooby, it may even be a reason you agree with, who knows?

But you just automatically weigh in "miserable sod".

Very odd behaviour.

They helped us. We help them.  You are a miserable Sod.

52 minutes ago, been here before said:

Oooohhh special friends

Crock of shite.

Not special friends just 2 rival clubs helping each other out. You don’t like it, fine, don’t need to be ***** though. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A piece of paper signed by the man himself John Robertson? Where do I sign up??? 

This is where I am at. 

will be buying 

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Superb stuff. Hope we have a lasting bond with them and Partick in particular, but obviously Stranraer too. Kelty would make sense too!!

Kelty? Barry Ferguson's Kelty? Why?

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

me too 🤣🤣🤣 

great idea. Well done SG in doing this. I’m definitely in. This needs to be all over social media etc . Gives the other rat clubs a big Fek You as well. 

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

They lost out on a promotion place because Brechin (being rock bottom of the spfl 42 club pile.... and having their chairman on the spfl board) were not relegated. Cough, cough, sweep, sweep... nothing to see here.

lost in space
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Oooohhh special friends

Crock of shite.

People have different opinions which is fine but I would be interested in why you posted "Crock of shite".

Could you explain?

More than happy to help a club who have always done the right thing. they have been more than willing to help us on more than one occasion.so £10 heading there way

Edited by Blackshades

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

😂😂 bang on, 

Signed,

The Hammer of the hibs

1 hour ago, DaveyT said:

Miserable Sod !

Actually think that was a pretty polite reaction  their post 🤣 wee bit over sensitive response from them mibbe? 

Good idea in my opinion. Those who want to contribute can. Positive gesture 

Mad Dog Logan

Well up for this, happy to help out one of the very few Scottish football good guys.

Not been up there for a while but Inverness used to be a cracking night out....

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Oooohhh special friends

Crock of shite.

Angry syndrome 😂

I’m in for a signed ticket by Robbo. 👍🏻

23 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Ah so if it wasn’t Barry Ferguson in charge it would be ok yeah?!? 

2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Happy to buy one,  have to be honest and say I’d forgotten about their gesture when we went into administration.

Steven Kilgour, general secretary of the Federation of Hearts supporters, recently got in touch with Inverness Caledonian Thistle to suggest giving something back to the Highlands club, who are in a predicament just now with games going off left, right and centre.

Kilgour remembered the gesture from Inverness in August 2013, when Hearts, then in administration and on minus eight points, travelled to face Inverness in a Premiership fixture. The home club had committed to donating £5 to the Hearts supporters’ fighting fund for every ticket sold over the average away support attendance of 650. In the event, over 1000 Hearts fans turned up.

With no supporters able to attend the Championship fixture between the teams at the end of this month, and the game having been selected for live TV by BBC Scotland, Inverness cannot even rely on money coming in from pay-per-view.

Taking a cue from the recent Marine v Spurs FA Cup tie, when the non-league side sold over 30,000 virtual tickets, Hearts fans will be able to buy a ticket for their game v Inverness, helping fill the home side’s coffers.

Of course, another thing that won’t be forgotten is that Inverness supported Hearts by voting against a resolution to curtail last season. It also helps that Hearts legend John Robertson is in charge of Inverness.

Supporters of either side will be able to purchase a virtual ticket for £5 or, for £10, one personally signed by Robertson, with a thank you note from the former striker included. More details to come later today.

It was a clever win win marketing ploy by Inverness because not only did they get themselves some nice publicity and give some much needed cash to Hearts but they also managed to swell their own gate receipts despite giving money back to Hearts.

Before anyone starts slating my post I am not having a go at them just pointing out how clever they were with this.

I love Robbo as much as the next Hearts fan and will be buying a virtual ticket and will always remember that they supported us by voting against the resolution to curtail last season.

We will just have to hope they have an off day when we play them.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts