Jamie Walker - well done lad

Alex Kintner

Has had loads of critics of late, and rightly so for the most part, but fair play to the lad for the performances he’s put in in the past three matches. Plenty of work rate and desire and still has that ability to pick up the ball in dangerous spaces and create chances. Keep it up 👍🏻

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Independence

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• A_A wehatethehibs

The one thing I've always criticised Walker for was his work rate but he has really turned it around. Shows real desire and commitment in most games now and is making a real contribution. Great to see.

This was the sort of evening where I expected him to hide.   Fair play,   This needs to be the standard of effort and application now.  He has the skill and in a different night he will be able to play more football.    Keep it up please Jamie . 

Heart of Darkness

Really pleased that Jamie has been putting in more effort the last few games as he's a quality player and that's all that was missing previously!!

He has so much quality and he's a match winner.

He's Hearts through-and-through which makes his drops in form and what looks like lack of effort hard to take, but I like him and he's a player I'd always want.

Weakened Offender

I must admit to not being a huge fan of Walker but he has made a significant contribution to our league campaign this season. He needs to show on the big occasion but for now, in this league, when he plays, he contributes and getting out of this league is all that matters. 

Whether he kicks on from there is up to him. 

You have to laugh at some people’s opinions just read EE news player ratings and Walker only got a 6 bizarre!!

Seymour M Hersh

Just shows you. I didn't think he was any great shakes tonight. Misplaced passes and crosses quite a lot but did run about a lot. Significantly more involved than GMS who for me was anonymous.

I liked Jamie five years ago but the magic has gone for me. No pace, drifts  in and out of games, a stoop and a bad tash. Must have slipped Billy Dodds a bottle tonight.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just shows you. I didn't think he was any great shakes tonight. Misplaced passes and crosses quite a lot but did run about a lot. Significantly more involved than GMS who for me was anonymous.

💯 This was is what I saw

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Correct, he's done really well to set the bar so low for himself.

Puts in some effort for a change and thinks he's Messi again.

If history is anything to go by that was him peeking tonight and he'll be back to being a lazy git again next week.

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

In the weather conditions he was outstanding. Was GMS playing?

I thought he was good without being spectacular certainly gave more effort than we’re used to . GMS please take note 

I think Jamie Walker has an insane amount of natural ability, but his inconsistency remains a big issue. He's starting to find his feet though, and I do wonder if the improvement of who's playing alongside him might be helping? I've been very critical of him and I'm glad to see things turning round for him on the field. 

Either way, he's starting to do well and beating back the critics one game at a time. I'm really pleased for him :)

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Has had loads of critics of late, and rightly so for the most part, but fair play to the lad for the performances he’s put in in the past three matches. Plenty of work rate and desire and still has that ability to pick up the ball in dangerous spaces and create chances. Keep it up 👍🏻

Want the Jamie of old,keep it up.

Superb JW.  I have been a critic but only wanted him to be consistent. Looks like he is now and his contribution this season has been huge in certain games.

keep it up , love it when he turns up. Great game tonight

Can’t complain about his performance. Gets into good positions and able to pass players. 

Remain disappointed by GMS so far but it’s early days considering how little game time he’s had the past few months. 

Bazzas right boot

Another player ripped to bits for no good reason. 

He'll continue to contribute this season. 

Well done lad. 

jamboinglasgow

Jamie Walker has always been a player where he needs time to get up his stride, it appears that he is getting that now. He always had the talent but the consistency is what was needed. That has been a few good performances in a row. I also dont think its a coincidence that it happens after Naismith has dropped out of the team. I think the two of them get in each others way when they play together.

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another player ripped to bits for no good reason. 

He'll continue to contribute this season. 

Well done lad. 

Nah, he's probably the only player that gets ripped for a reason. 

He's a talent and he's wasting it.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Rather him in starting 11 than Naismith 

👍
But then Naismith isnt a midfielder or a winger...no idea why our manager thinks he is!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Jamie Walker’s biggest issue has always been Jamie Walker, whether be confidence, family issues, or any other issues off the park. That includes fitness or having his head turned by other clubs. But ultimately a focused and supported Jamie Walker will always be an asset to the club. We all have to play our part in keeping him there.

That-Day-In-May
4 hours ago, John Kimble said:

I liked Jamie five years ago but the magic has gone for me. No pace, drifts  in and out of games, a stoop and a bad tash. Must have slipped Billy Dodds a bottle tonight.

The magic has gone? Did you not see his goal last week? I’m not his biggest fan as he is too inconsistent but to say the magic has gone is nonsense. He’s won us at least 2 games this season and can be unplayable on his day.

4 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Post-match interview was spot on. Made me chuckle.

1 hour ago, Maroonjam said:

What did he say? 

We shouldn't be in this league👍

12 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Rather him in starting 11 than Naismith 

Hmmm... Walkers performances do tend to be better when Naismith isn't on the park. At the moment, I would tend to start Walker also.

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Three good performances in a row. Good to see him getting 90 minutes in as well. 

12 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The one thing I've always criticised Walker for was his work rate but he has really turned it around. Shows real desire and commitment in most games now and is making a real contribution. Great to see.

Maybe he's just getting properly fit, also at 27 he should be reaching his peak. 

Been a marked improvement in Jamie Walker over the past few weeks. He’s now looking like the player we know he can be. Keep it up Jamie. 

Kidd’s Boots
12 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Agreed 🤞