?300K Nade bid turned down.

footieman

HEARTS have refused a ?300,000 offer from Crystal Palace for striker Christian Nade, with Vladimir Romanov valuing the Frenchman at double that figure.

Neil Warnock, manager of the English Championship side, stressed today that he will not return with another bid after being rebuffed for Nade and has now turned his attention to alternative signing targets.

:(

ToadKiller Dog

Did we not pay 500,000 for him?

If so Warnock knows his value and 300,000 is not it as it was him that advised the move to us.

HEARTS have refused a ?300,000 offer from Crystal Palace for striker Christian Nade, with Vladimir Romanov valuing the Frenchman at double that figure.

Neil Warnock, manager of the English Championship side, stressed today that he will not return with another bid after being rebuffed for Nade and has now turned his attention to alternative signing targets.

I think ?300,000 is a reasonable valuation.

Did we not pay 500,000 for him?

If so Warnock knows his value and 300,000 is not it as it was him that advised the move to us.

Apparently we have only paid ?220,000 for the player to date.

Chad Sexington

I would be reluctant to sell simply because we have hardly any strikers at the club.

I still think there is a player in Nade...insert "yes, he's eaten him" gag here...and I'd like to see him under a decent coach, fit and motivated.

So much for " The fire sale " that some hobos i know have been spouting on about, saying we will sell anyone for any price.

Well done Vlad, the one thing you can say about Vlad is he gets top dollar for players he sells. :)

heartsfc_fan

I'd take ?300K for him! However as the point already raised, we lack strikers at the club and if the lad gets fit he might be a useful player.

Dr. Bapswent
I would be reluctant to sell simply because we have hardly any strikers at the club.

I still think there is a player in Nade...insert "yes, he's eaten him" gag here...and I'd like to see him under a decent coach, fit and motivated.

I think this is exactly it.

He may not be our best striker at the moment, and needs to be fit. (call the diet police!)

But our lack of talent up front means we really could do with keeping him. At least until we can get replacements.

How many goals did he bang in last season? I can remember 3 and one was a pen vs Dunfermline.

I'd like to think that when he is sold it'll be by a new manager. Nade is a useless lump but at this time we have nobody else. Normally 300k would be good business but only when we have an alternative.

Guest JamboRobbo

We should charge them by the pound.

Mind you, we might price Real Madrid out of the market.

Jam Tarts 1874

I'm surprised Warnock wants to buy Nade, afterall Warnock hardly played Nade at The Blades.

I think that a fit Nade could still be an asset to Hearts.

You can see why the 'files' rated Nade as a good player.

He has a nice touch, can hold off opponents, and with his build and strength is difficult to knock off the ball.

But that has to be set against his lack of fitness and motivation (albeit I have only seen him in our managerless phase); as well as his inability to release the ball to other players. He plays like he is in the playground, wanting to beat everyone rather than pass the ball. And his goalscoring record is chronic.

?300k would be excellent money for him in my opinion. Unless we bring in a real manager who could get more out of Nade.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

300K for a championship centre forward sounds like a misstake to me

Warnock should get with the program and get realistic

Every man and his dug goes for at least double that down there .

Nade would be twice the player he is , no pun intended if we had a proven

manager and is still young and is not the finised article .

Nelly Terraces
I'm surprised Warnock wants to buy Nade, afterall Warnock hardly played Nade at The Blades.

I think that a fit Nade could still be an asset to Hearts.

Agree. That's why we need a new manager mate, someone to give wasters like this fat get a kick up the erse, get fit, and get playing or told to GTF.

Dr. Bapswent

Interested that Warnock would go for another bite at Nade.

But that encourages me, if he (and i think he is a decent manager) rates him enough to have him in his squad, at 2 clubs, then he must have something.

I think this is symptomatic of a greater coach related issue at the club, we don't have the coaches and manager to get the best out of the players we have, players who have decent potential and ability, it just needs focused.

I think he has potential but we aren't using him correctly to utilise the strengths in his game. Playing with his back to goal doesn't seem the way forward and he needs a decent manager or forward coach to look at his technique properly.

Seemingly Watford are interested in Nade as well and rumours that Palace will be back in with more cash once they punt a defender for a couple of million.

We should not be selling anyone until a manager is in place and advises Vlad who to get rid off...

He'll get through ?300k's worth of hamburgers in pre-season alone. Punt him and you're quids in.

cosanostra

600k is fair for a guy of his age and talent and not a penny less.

I see the McDonalds/hamburgers jokes are still being hammered. :sad:

600k is far to low, i'd wouldn't want to sell him for anyless than 1 million. He'll come good with the manager and coaches. "Manager and Coaches"

rudiskacel06

nades first game was against rangers at tyney when we won 4-2 he was awesome and held the ball up well ,he can get back to being that good player again surely????

Malcolm Tucker
nades first game was against rangers at tyney when we won 4-2 he was awesome and held the ball up well ,he can get back to being that good player again surely????

His first game was away at Motherwell.

Although I agree he looked the mutts nuts against Rangers that day. Still think he could be a quality player for us.

crazy_jambo_2006

How does Vlad know how much a player is worth?

This is the guy who turned down a bid of over ?1m for Goncalves!!!!

Nade imo is not worth more than ?300k. If Nade doesn't want to be here, we should get rid of him. But my only concern is who the hell will play up front for us next season? If we had any strikers left, I'd punt him.

Are we going to sign anyone? Are we going to get a sodding manager, who would make decisions about who to sell and who to sign? I'm assuming this is what managers do, not what owners do? As you can see, I am still not won over by Vlad, despite today's announcement. I don't trust him still.

Sheriff Fatman
But that has to be set against his lack of fitness and motivation (albeit I have only seen him in our managerless phaseUnless we bring in a real manager who could get more out of Nade.

AS I said in the Nade Watch thread, when it comes to him I don't think managers make a lot of difference. His record at Hearts is, if anything, slightly better than his record at any of the other clubs he has played for.

If he loseses weight and stays fit then maby he has a chance of being a decent player, untill then he's no good to anyone..

I would be happy if hearts sold nade and had some another striker comin inn..

Untill then we need to keep him as wee lack in forwards..

AS I said in the Nade Watch thread, when it comes to him I don't think managers make a lot of difference. His record at Hearts is, if anything, slightly better than his record at any of the other clubs he has played for.

What age is he? Some of those clubs he will have been a younger player getting sub appearances or the like?

He's a luxury at Hearts anyway.

Sheriff Fatman
What age is he? Some of those clubs he will have been a younger player getting sub appearances or the like?

He's a luxury at Hearts anyway.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43956

He is 23, he was a youth at Troyes. As a striker 53 starts, 70 games as a substitute and 20 goals in total in his career ain't that impressive

There's a decent player in there somewhere, in fact you could argue there's two players in there ;)

jambo-rocker

with tam ritchie supposedly running a gruelling pre-season it could benefit and we could have a fully fit christan nade this season....

i crack myself up sometimes

Christian_Nade_celeb_v_Hibs_592919.jpgNade - rated at ?600,000.

EAGLES END INTEREST IN NADE Crystal Palace have turned their attention to alternative targets after missing out on Christian Nade.

The Eagles tabled a ?300,000 bid for the striker, only to be told by Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov that the player was valued at twice that amount.

Palace manager Neil Warnock is unwilling to match that asking price and will now look elsewhere for summer recruits.

Watford are also believed to be monitoring the situation, but have been made aware that Hearts are keen to make a substantial profit on a player who has cost them just ?220,000 when he signed from Sheffield United last August.

"We won't be taking it any further because they are asking too much money," Warnock told the Evening News.

"We offered ?300,000 for Nade but we won't be going any higher."

Nade has largely flattered to deceive during his time in Scotland, scoring just five goals in 27 appearances last season.

With this in mind, should Watford table a suitable offer, the SPL side are likely to be willing to do business.

Completely agree and i would rather we got him fit. Don't see him has a goal scorer but with the right player beside him i think the team would benefit from his creative play.

Billy the Jambo

?300,000 for that fat lump i would snap their fecking hands off .In fact i would take ?30 for him

maltese jambo

I'd give THEM 300 grand for him

he's probably cost that in pies anyway

Fat Striker

Warnock will be back with an increased offer for Nade if he really wants him.

He would definitely benefit from trying to slim down his overly muscle bound frame. His body is more like that of a boxer than a professional footballer. I don't buy the "fat" comments. People say Wayne Rooney is "fat" yet when you see him without a shirt he's nothing of the sort.

Hopefully with Ritchie taking the training he can get him leaner and sharper, but for me the main problem is his mentality. A footballer with absolutely no motivation is a waste of space and we saw this attitude from Nade more often than not last season.

It's so frustrating because with a proper competent manager in place we could actually have a decent player.

Sheriff Fatman
It's so frustrating because with a proper competent manager in place we could actually have a decent player.

His history at his previous clubs tells a different story.

That seems like ?200.000 too much to me.

Apparently we have only paid ?220,000 for the player to date.

Warnock will be back with an increased offer for Nade if he really wants him.

He would definitely benefit from trying to slim down his overly muscle bound frame. His body is more like that of a boxer than a professional footballer. I don't buy the "fat" comments. People say Wayne Rooney is "fat" yet when you see him without a shirt he's nothing of the sort.

Hopefully with Ritchie taking the training he can get him leaner and sharper, but for me the main problem is his mentality. A footballer with absolutely no motivation is a waste of space and we saw this attitude from Nade more often than not last season.

I agree with all of this tbh. The emboldened bit is key, we are talking ?600,000 for a striker, a fee well within the budget of a big Championship club. A fee which sees us getting our cash back plus an extra ?100,000, not an unreasonable suggestion IMO. I do not see him staying at the club.

Archived