Cumdawg

Special Agent Dale Cooper

3 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1357398187464654848

"Characters in the game": Gazza; George Best...Jason Cummings.

Delighted we never signed this 'dafty'.

FFS, clearly this cannot in any way be a football conversation. I presume he is pitching his flat wrecking against their wife beating and alcoholism. How many years do you give him before he is in a council flat in East Lothian awaiting trial for indecent assault?

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Nucky Thompson

• Unknown user

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Telford_jambo123

imagine if an ex hobo wasn’t the dundee manager? he tries to act like a rebel but only comes across as a bawbag. i can see why he never made it down south 

• 4 weeks later...
Nucky Thompson

3 goals in 3 starts. The laddie knows where the goals are.

Scored the winner against ICT last night

We should've taken a punt on him

Hopefully we can keep him quiet on Saturday

JudyJudyJudy

Got a bad feeling he’s gonna be a nuisance for us again . Should have tried to sign him . Met him in a pub last year . He was actually quite sensible ! Mind you it was early doors so not away with goalie then lol 

4 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Cummings is where he is today Scottish championship standard that's his level

Like our manager then 

11 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Like our manager then 

17 minutes ago, jambocub said:

And our players 

Difference is......

That is where he’ll still be next season.

Cummings has played the vast majority of his professional career matches at this level.

18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Difference is......

That is where he’ll still be next season.

Cummings has played the vast majority of his professional career matches at this level.

The way our teams playing we'll have a few staying at this level as well

Sometimes you have to take a chance. If it works, great, if it doesn't you move on. You can then say well...you had a chance and you blew it, or took it, depending on what happens. I wouldn't have him as a top signing but when he knows where the goals are, can you ignore that? He'll bang in plenty for Dundee, and quite possibly the winner against us at the weekend. Would we be surprised at that? I wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

The way our teams playing we'll have a few staying at this level as well

Not with us though.

Not sure if he's added to his game down there but was defo not the finished article at hibs. That said 25 is peak age for most footballers so I'll watch with interest. Wouldn't shock me at all if he banged one in.

When  I've seen him he's played well and given the dross/projects Hearts have signed  over the years I wouldn't mind him at Hearts. Whether he has the mental attributes is a question.  I'd imagine him & Naismith would be good value for a dressing room scrap.

On 04/02/2021 at 19:43, James1874f said:

ps Jason if you were any good you wouldn’t be at Dundee

TBF to Cumdog, I said the same thing about GMS signing for Hearts, and stand by it.

Glamorgan Jambo

He'll be well up for it on Saturday given his launching from the club many years ago. Whether or not he scores those that have categorised him with the likes of Riordain are correct. 

49 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Whether or not he scores those that have categorised him with the likes of Riordain are correct. 

That's probably who Spunk Bucket scores his gear off.

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

TBF to Cumdog, I said the same thing about GMS signing for Hearts, and stand by it.

Said the exact same to a mate when he signed if he was half the player he used to be he wouldn’t be at Hearts 

Billy Hoyle
10 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You just know he is going to score the winner against us on Saturday!

Think he will score. Hopefully it’s not the winner and a mere consolation 👍🏻

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Think he will score. Hopefully it’s not the winner and a mere consolation 👍🏻

Hopefully he doesn't score at all . . . .  but this is Hearts!  Similarly when Griffiths come on as a sub.  Youi just know!

8 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Nothing surer, he promises to be up for it.

Салатные палочки

This guy gets far too much attention over all forms of Hearts media. 

A_A wehatethehibs

30 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This guy gets far too much attention over all forms of Hearts media. 

Hard to justify that he doesn’t deserve a bit of attention. Hearts ditched him and he made himself a Hibs legend so his whole career is basically a giruy to us. Honestly still yet to see a convincing downside to the idea of signing him. Worst case he a Tony Watt and gets moved on after a year, best case he’s a Lafferty. How is that not worth a gamble? For some reason we as a club seem to think we’re better than players like him because what, he’s a bit of a Ned who has cringe banter? This is Scottish football you could put that same description on half the players. A near certainty he’ll get a goal against us at the weekend but the main thing I’ll be looking at is Jamie Walker, GMS, Boyce, Neilson to see if they have any of them have that bit of fire in their bellies to get stuck in which Cummings typically has against us. And it’s a game to look at our big expensive (would think a good deal more expensive than Cummings) signing Gnanduillet has been in the press saying he’s looking for starts, so this is the ideal game for Neilson to start him and show us what he’s bought, let’s see what the money we are paying him has bought us. Would expect him to be now fully fit and a dominant figure against dross defenders like Dundee have. 

End of the day, our players performances matter more to me than anything Cummings does. Who cares if he scores if our players have put the performance in to bag 3 or 4. But see if he scores, they get a result, and we’ve not done enough to win the game, again? ****ing fuming. More than a few times this season it’s looked like no, there’s **** all fire in the bellies and Robbie Neilson must answer that question between now and the end of the season. Draws are not “points on the board” they may as well be defeats. It’s 2 points dropped. Yes we will still win the league by 10+ points due to opposition teams taking more points off each other, but what type of team are we? Still a soft touch for any half decent opposition that fancy it? Still a team that either goes 1-0 up and thinks that’s enough staying in second gear / goes 1-0 down and eventually starts playing with urgency after 80 minutes? 

Know I’ve gone off on a bit of a tangent rant there but I suppose, the message is, Cummings will in all likelihood turn up at Tynecastle and score. Will our players out do him and write our own headlines? 

25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Should be in a Hearts jersey for me, but does not fit the booboo robot requirements.

Agreed. He'd knock his pan in for us because he knows he'd have to win a not insignificant portion of the support over with his antics at Hibs. 

Sadly, he's not 6ft+ that can play with his back to goal. Instead, he scores goals and we can't have that... 

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

not if we man mark him out the game.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

not if we man mark him out the game.

It is is what Hearts do in an attacking sense that matters more than who marks who. Nobody cares if Cummings scores, as long as the man who fans have touted as a far superior signing than Cummings/Lafferty bags the goals we should therefore be expecting from him in a winning performance. This game and the remaining games, it is time for the proof of the pudding with Gnaduillet, Neilsons big signing up front. That’s him had his month to get up to speed. A Cummings goal will not be any surprise to anyone so therefore it’s our attackers we need to be looking at. In particular the guy who’s been brought in and touted as superior by both fans on here and the manager who’s signed him 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It is is what Hearts do in an attacking sense that matters more than who marks who. Nobody cares if Cummings scores, as long as the man who fans have touted as a far superior signing than Cummings/Lafferty bags the goals we should therefore be expecting from him in a winning performance. This game and the remaining games, it is time for the proof of the pudding with Gnaduillet, Neilsons big signing up front. That’s him had his month to get up to speed. A Cummings goal will not be any surprise to anyone so therefore it’s our attackers we need to be looking at. In particular the guy who’s been brought in and touted as superior by both fans on here and the manager who’s signed him 

We need to improve our shots on target on the ammount taken at goal, our finishing is terrible just now.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

We need to improve our shots on target on the ammount taken at goal, our finishing is terrible just now.

Yep and you would think the newly signed number 9 should be the managers answer to that.

There’s been 2 big attacking signings brought in in January as big parts of the plans for next season, GMS and especially Gnanduillet. Lots of high horse type fans turned their noses up at the likes of Lafferty / Cummings, touting this guy as being much much better, 10x better than either of them. So let’s see the proof of that now.

And by the way if the big #9 does deliver the goods, just imagine, it would be a brilliant thing for the fans relationship with Neilson - finally we could get some optimism going. 

16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

It is due to a total lack of confidence.  It is as if the instruction is that only Boyce is allowed to take shots at goal and what Walker does is against orders.

tokyowalnut

Cummings has done nothing but flounder around since he left Hibs in 2017. I really can’t understand why people want to sign him, his stats don’t back it up at all. 

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Cummings has done nothing but flounder around since he left Hibs in 2017. I really can’t understand why people want to sign him, his stats don’t back it up at all. 

Exactly this. His scoring record for Hibs in the Championship was impressive, but every other league he has been in, his goal ratio is mediocre to say the least. 15 games for Rangers and 2 goals in the Scottish Premiership, 11 goals out of 62 League One games for 3 different teams. Sure he will raise his game vs Hearts, and most likely score tomorrow but he is not a player we should be bringing to Tynecastle. 

Bazzas right boot

There's folk on here that are in a state about Robbies signings leading us in the top flight next season... while championing the signing of Cummings! 

:getout:

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

If we can hit the target with flapjack in goals we will score a few.

Just need to stop fannying about and waiting on the pefect time to take a pot. Just hit the bloody thing.

Edited by Busby8

On 04/02/2021 at 20:24, kingantti1874 said:

I can’t hate him. 

Yep. He is one of our own. Think if he had stayed here we’d see a different character.

A non trier?

Edited by maggieb
Auto correct

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

It is due to a total lack of confidence.  It is as if the instruction is that only Boyce is allowed to take shots at goal and what Walker does is against orders.

You can hear Robbie's instructions a lot of the time. He's often berating players for not taking the more positive option.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You can hear Robbie's instructions a lot of the time. He's often berating players for not taking the more positive option.

Our support are very selective listeners TJ, they certainly don’t like facts, you’ll be wanting to pipe down a little once the OOT crowd get in from work 😇

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's folk on here that are in a state about Robbies signings leading us in the top flight next season... while championing the signing of Cummings! 

:getout:

Yes it will be good to directly compare him and our new #9 on Saturday won’t it. Gnaduillet is a million miles better than Cummings/ Lafferty according to those who turn their noses up at these types of players. So I’m sure you’re looking forward to seeing that difference in class on Saturday. 

The new striker was supposedly a top priority in January, absolutely central to Neilsons plans to transform the way we play for the better, adding extra fire power so it is now that happy time for the proof of the pudding where we see those plans come to fruition. Looking forward to seeing it. Because should it transpire that we don’t see it, and Cummings goes on to score vs us and knock in 10 goals to fire Dundee to playoff promotion, and then Lafferty knocks in a few big post split goals to save Killie, then I’m sure you will agree it will not be pretty if Hearts continue to trundle along to scrape promotion and Gnanduillet doesn’t start firing on all cylinders / scoring goals for us pronto. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes it will be good to directly compare him and our new #9 on Saturday won’t it. Gnaduillet is a million miles better than Cummings/ Lafferty according to those who turn their noses up at these types of players. So I’m sure you’re looking forward to seeing that difference in class on Saturday. 

The new striker was supposedly a top priority in January, absolutely central to Neilsons plans to transform the way we play for the better, adding extra fire power so it is now that happy time for the proof of the pudding where we see those plans come to fruition. Looking forward to seeing it. Because should it transpire that we don’t see it, and Cummings goes on to score vs us and knock in 10 goals to fire Dundee to playoff promotion, and then Lafferty knocks in a few big post split goals to save Killie, then I’m sure you will agree it will not be pretty if Hearts continue to trundle along to scrape promotion and Gnanduillet doesn’t start firing on all cylinders / scoring goals for us pronto. 

We won't scrape promotion.

I am not concerned about Cummings, even less so Lafferty.

Tbh, I don't think you are looking forward to seeing what you say, you seem primed up and ready to spit feathers at the earliest opportunity.

Guest ToqueJambo

Gnanduillet doesn’t start firing on all cylinders / scoring goals for us pronto. 

To be fair he did score 2 on his debut.

Gnan scored twice in his first game.  🤷🏿‍♂️