Mathematically calculating when we wrap up the league

Restonbabe

5 points required to be sure of going up. All the other teams desperate for points for play off places and ramping up their performances so we really can't depend on them all dropping points. Alloa are the worst team as they are at the bottom of the league. We must beat them on Friday but few it seems are actually confident that we will do it. What a state we're in. 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

Dundee and Raith both away next Tuesday to Dunfermline and QoS so we may well up winning this league then if they fail to take full points. That’s assuming all 3 teams win this weekend.

......I think.

pennyjambo22

3 x 0-0 draws then if there was any room for a bottle to crash any further than it has, boom club implodes.

OR 

Players coaching staff and every other member of staff come to there senses and start to play how they should be playing and winning.

Heres hoping, but not convinced.

11 hours ago, Sherbet said:

If we dont win on friday we will be in Terry butcher territory 

IIRC Hibs were 8 points clear of the relegation play off spot with 6 games to go......

7 hours ago, 1953 said:

5 points required to be sure of going up. All the other teams desperate for points for play off places and ramping up their performances so we really can't depend on them all dropping points. Alloa are the worst team as they are at the bottom of the league. We must beat them on Friday but few it seems are actually confident that we will do it. What a state we're in. 

We have suffered years of abysmal negative shite under Cathro, Levein and now Neilson! They have knocked the stuffing out of the fans!

7 hours ago, jamaroon said:

Dundee and Raith both away next Tuesday to Dunfermline and QoS so we may well up winning this league then if they fail to take full points. That’s assuming all 3 teams win this weekend.

......I think.

Yep pretty much. If we win one more game then Dundee and Raith need to win all there games but they also have to play each other. 

3 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Yep pretty much. If we win one more game then Dundee and Raith need to win all there games but they also have to play each other. 

Exactly.  And they will find it difficult to both win.  Make me think we have at least an outside chance of winning the league.

If we win (or possibly even drop points) on Friday it's odd-on that we'll have won the league before we play again a week on Tuesday due to other teams' results.

Raith Rovers play 3 times (twice away) and Dundee play twice (one away) before we play again on Tuesday.

15 hours ago, Thomaso said:

IIRC Hibs were 8 points clear of the relegation play off spot with 6 games to go......

6pts clear with 6 to go.

Derby win is still a favourite.

😂

3 hours ago, Boab said:

6pts clear with 6 to go.

Derby win is still a favourite.

😂

👍

Footballfirst

I'm going to take a calculated risk in assuming that Hearts won't lose a four goal lead, so the updated table is as below.

P Pts Avail Max PPG Pts @ PPG
Hearts 24 50 9 59 2.08 56.25
Raith 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
Dundee 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
ICT 23 33 12 45 1.43 38.74
Dunfermline 22 31 15 46 1.41 38.05
QOTS 22 30 15 45 1.36 36.82
Ayr 23 26 12 38 1.13 30.52
Morton 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Arbroath 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Alloa 24 18 9 27 0.75 20.25

40 minutes ago, Elmo said:

You now can’t get odds on Hearts winning the league that should ease the angst of all the shitebags 

685d63c091739c08df91fbc8375ae119.jpg.7183ffbf7f5fcfd42c339c90233513d8.jpg

manaliveits105
59 minutes ago, Elmo said:

You now can’t get odds on Hearts winning the league that should ease the angst of all the shitebags 

:bravo:

So now the only way we don’t win the league is if we lose our 3 remaining games and either Dundee or Raith win all 5 of theirs. Technically we need 2 points to be champions, but as our GD is 20 better than Raith’s and 26 better than Dundee’s, 1 point would do.

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

So now the only way we don’t win the league is if we lose our 3 remaining games and either Dundee or Raith win all 5 of theirs. Technically we need 2 points to be champions, but as our GD is 20 better than Raith’s and 26 better than Dundee’s, 1 point would do.

Dundee and Raith both have easy ish fhome fixtures tommorrow.  Then they both have tough away fixtures midweek.   I would imagine we will be officially Champions of this tin pot league come Tuesday night.  Hopefully a club statement Wednesday morning thanking Robbie for his efforts and parting ways. 

9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

And that ain’t happening 

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

And that ain’t happening 

They have each won 10 games in 22 games. So an average of 5 wins every 11 games. So it would have to be an immense final 5 games for them.

Libertarian
9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Dundee and Raith both have easy ish fhome fixtures tommorrow.  Then they both have tough away fixtures midweek.   I would imagine we will be officially Champions of this tin pot league come Tuesday night.  Hopefully a club statement Wednesday morning thanking Robbie for his efforts and parting ways. 

I don't think that there will be a parting of the ways between the club and Robbie. I will be surprised if the club don't give Robbie the opportunity to build for next season 

heartsfc_fan

It'll be confirmed midweek.

Both Dundee and Raith will win today but won't on Tuesday night. Both have tricky away fixtures.

I predict one of the two will draw today and the other one will draw midweek.

We will be awful for the last 3 games as there is nothing to play for, which will do nothing for the sanity of the support.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

We will be awful for the last 3 games as there is nothing to play for, which will do nothing for the sanity of the support.

I suspect you’re right. We have been erratic this season, but the clubs below us have been more so. On paper Raith and Dundee should both win, but even so. I could see Morton getting a cheeky draw with Dundee today, followed by Queens taking a point off Raith on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

More needed game time for Haring, hendo, gms, walker and soapy. 

Hopefully today is the day 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

More needed game time for Haring, hendo, gms, walker and soapy. 

Hopefully today is the day 

The sooner the better. 

Ex member of the SaS

I must admit that after last night's game I am far more confidant. However until we get the last remaining point to make it impossible to lose I will hold the ( muted ) celebrations. No mater how we win the league that's all I want right now, but it really is a disgrace that we were close to needing teams to lose / draw to win such a crap league.

14 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

If that scenario was to happen and it came down to goal difference, Dundee or Raith could quite easily wipe out our goal difference advantage. We need two points, simple as that! 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

If that scenario was to happen and it came down to goal difference, Dundee or Raith could quite easily wipe out our goal difference advantage. We need two points, simple as that! 

If say we drew 1 and lost 2 of our 3 remains games (which would be needed for this scenario) and lost each game by a goal (3 of our 4 defeats have been by 1 goal.)

Then Raith would need to win every game by more than 4 goals (though as we play them last they would need to win their next 4 games by 4 goals and beat us by 2 goals.) Dundee would need to win every game by 5 goals.

Raith have only won 2 games all season by at least 4 goals, Dundee have not won a game by more than 3 goals this season.

Footballfirst

The official mathematically certain Championship winning table

P Pts Avail Max PPG Pts @ PPG
Hearts 24 50 9 59 2.08 56.25
Raith 23 37 12 49 1.61 43.43
Dundee 23 37 12 49 1.61 43.43
ICT 24 34 9 43 1.42 38.25
Dunfermline 23 32 12 44 1.39 37.57
QOTS 23 31 12 43 1.35 36.39
Ayr 24 27 9 36 1.13 30.38
Morton 24 26 9 35 1.08 29.25
Arbroath 24 26 9 35 1.08 29.25
Alloa 24 18 9 27 0.75 20.25

Edited by Footballfirst

Seems appropriate that it’s other teams dropping points that confirms us as champions.

Great to be able to bounce back up.

Just now, naeclue said:

Seems appropriate that it’s other teams dropping points that confirms us as champions.

Great to be able to bounce back up.

9 out of 10 teams in the league dropped points. Yaaay. Champions

Great results today! Now let's finish strong and aim for 59 points.

Anything been said when we are getting the presented with the trophy? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mirror said:

Great results today! Now let's finish strong and aim for 59 points.

Anything been said when we are getting the presented with the trophy? 

We shouldn’t accept any presentation of any trophy or fly any flag

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If say we drew 1 and lost 2 of our 3 remains games (which would be needed for this scenario) and lost each game by a goal (3 of our 4 defeats have been by 1 goal.)

Then Raith would need to win every game by more than 4 goals (though as we play them last they would need to win their next 4 games by 4 goals and beat us by 2 goals.) Dundee would need to win every game by 5 goals.

Raith have only won 2 games all season by at least 4 goals, Dundee have not won a game by more than 3 goals this season.

Thankfully goal difference wont come into it now!

TyphoonJambo
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We shouldn’t accept any presentation of any trophy or fly any flag

Nah, get Dungcaster in on the first day with fans. Make the man feel accepted.

Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Rob Neilson at Riccarton waiting on the congratulation letters to pour in from the fans

Pin on Trending Fandom News

He's won the same league two years on the bounce. What have you won?  He'll always be able to say I won the championship three times and you'll never be able to say that. Never. 

For the avoidance of doubt I want a new manager for next season.