Mathematically calculating when we wrap up the league

Restonbabe

It’s over, it has been for a good while now.

The two main points of embarrassment are that it should have been ‘done and dusted’ several weeks ago and, it’s now going to be a ridiculously small points difference between us, and the second placed team.

It should never have come to this, but it’s Hearts, and, more significantly and poignantly, it’s ‘Neilson's Hearts’.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Lets face it though we are giving it a good ****ing go.

Believe me I am facing it. We’ll likely do it by 1-4 points whereas it should have been 20 plus.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

The two main points of embarrassment are that it should have been ‘done and dusted’ several weeks ago and, it’s now going to be a ridiculously small points difference between us, and the second placed team.

It should never have come to this, but it’s Hearts, and, more significantly and poignantly, it’s ‘Neilson's Hearts’.

Yip about sums it up.

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

This season was meant to bring back a bit of swagger and confidence. We will go up in a worse state than we came down.

And that should be the final nail in Neilson’s coffin!

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I wished I shared your confidence that it’s “over”! 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The league is as good as over, none of the other teams will catch us 

You should start a thread asking who will catch us then. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You should start a thread asking who will catch us then. 

Why? That would be pointless and attention seeking. ©you

Beat alloa on Friday night. 

And all we need to do is wait....... 

Still not celebrating 

6 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Still not celebrating 

If they sit in and we can’t break them down ( every chance) and draw 0-0 then I think we could be in bother. 

Morton away I could see another 0-0

inverness and Raith would beat us if they played like I seen them during the week 

Yes I know we have a healthy lead but Dundee and Raith muse smell blood 

We cant win it on fri night. The Morton game will no longer be on the sat as they will be playing in the cup that day so likelihood is we will win it when not playing due to other teams dropping points- big anti climax- just like the whole season really.

16 hours ago, jambopilms said:

This season was meant to bring back a bit of swagger and confidence. We will go up in a worse state than we came down.

The fan club will be along soon to remind you that Robbie "the messiah" Neilson is a stick on to have us 2nd in the Premiership.

When in actual fact the only thing that's any better about the club than last season is that we now employ a goalkeeper. Oh, and the fact you can now have your dinner on the concourse obviously. How could I forget that.

1 hour ago, bigdav said:

We cant win it on fri night. The Morton game will no longer be on the sat as they will be playing in the cup that day so likelihood is we will win it when not playing due to other teams dropping points- big anti climax- just like the whole season really.

Big anti climax? I’ll take that over a 1986 disaster right now!

Robbo-Jambo
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Yip, that kind of sums it up tbh. 

Getting the feeling that if we don't beat Alloa on Friday we will struggle to win the league .   (And I'm an optimist...)

8 minutes ago, RENE said:

Getting the feeling that if we don't beat Alloa on Friday we will struggle to win the league .   (And I'm an optimist...)

The alarm bells will be deafening if we fail to beat Alloa on Friday.  Keep Craig Gordon wrapped in cotton wool and we should manage it though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, RENE said:

The league is done. No-one will catch us.

It would be fitting, though, if it was sealed by something like a defeat to Alloa. Would

sum up the absolute mess who is masquerading as our manager.

I'm actually getting 'butterflys' in my stomach just thinking about the Alloa game already ! What the hell am I going to be like on Friday ?!

Absolutely ridiculous ! 😖

21 hours ago, Morgan said:

And it was ‘Neilson’s Hearts’ that horsed it 6 years ago.  From the win at Ibrox on the first day to the middle of March via a 10-0.

Something’s gone far, far wrong.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

And it was ‘Neilson’s Hearts’ that horsed it 6 years ago.  From the win at Ibrox on the first day to the middle of March via a 10-0.

And the team for the opening game of the season.

Alexander (Gallacher),

McGhee (McKay) Ozturk Wilson McHattie,

King Bauben Gomis Nicholson,

Sow Carrick (Holt)

Unused subs: L Smith, D Smith, Oliver, Keatings.

Certainly a lot more pace and energy in that lineup.

Rangers side

Bell.

Foster McCulloch Zaliukas Wallace.

Law Black MacLeod Templeton.

Miller Boyd

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, bairdy said:

I'm actually getting 'butterflys' in my stomach just thinking about the Alloa game already ! What the hell am I going to be like on Friday ?!

Absolutely ridiculous ! 😖

Could you ever have imagined posting a statement like this ever?

11 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Still not celebrating 

That's developed into an absolutely massive fixture.  Two evenly matched sides.  You could throw a blanket over them.  Toss of the coin who comes out on top.

I'm going 2-2.

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

The first time RN took over he inherited a Premership squad ( we were relegated on the points deduction ).

This time around he has  a  Championship squad that was in need of a  a complete overhaul. 

38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

And the team for the opening game of the season.

Alexander (Gallacher),

McGhee (McKay) Ozturk Wilson McHattie,

King Bauben Gomis Nicholson,

Sow Carrick (Holt)

Unused subs: L Smith, D Smith, Oliver, Keatings.

Certainly a lot more pace and energy in that lineup.

Rangers side

Bell.

Foster McCulloch Zaliukas Wallace.

Law Black MacLeod Templeton.

Miller Boyd

Christ how many of that team and subs did Neilson and Cathro ship out between them Just about all of them in an 10 month period That team would humiliate the current team. It marks the last season it was worthwhile having an academy.

Edited by JimmyCant

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Christ how many of that team and subs did Neilson and Cathro ship out between them Just about all of them in an 10 month period That team would humiliate the current team. It marks the last season it was worthwhile having an academy.

Don't forget Paterson Robinson and Walker also were in that squad from academy. But mr Levein said the academy wasn't good enough. 

colinmorewasgash

A good coach would have tried to make some off them even better obviously all wouldn't make it but too just punt them all for journeymen seems to be what the plan was and is and it hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Don't forget Paterson Robinson and Walker also were in that squad from academy. But mr Levein said the academy wasn't good enough. 

The last sanctuary for the Levein fanboys on here

“He did a fantastic job with the Academy!”

🙄

15 hours ago, logopolis said:

The first time RN took over he inherited a Premership squad ( we were relegated on the points deduction ).

This time around he has  a  Championship squad that was in need of a  a complete overhaul. 

That's a bit of a stretch - we were absolute pony in the relegation season, with the exception of games against hibs and Aberdeen. 

What did happen though, was a lot of the younger players got extended runs in the team and gained invaluable experience. The team was then bolstered with more experience players - particularly in the middle with Prince and Gomis who ran the show.

That first day win really set us up for the season while putting instant pressure on the huns.

Footballfirst

Updated after tonight's games.  Dundee now on level points and games with Raith. ICT into the playoff places.

P Pts Avail Max PPG Pts @ PPG
Hearts 23 47 12 59 2.04 55.17
Raith 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
Dundee 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
ICT 23 33 12 45 1.43 38.74
Dunfermline 22 31 15 46 1.41 38.05
QOTS 22 30 15 45 1.36 36.82
Ayr 23 26 12 38 1.13 30.52
Morton 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Arbroath 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Alloa 23 18 12 30 0.78 21.13

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, One five said:

Hope so I just can’t stand this wait much longer 🤦‍♂️

aye, best chance on Friday night. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

aye, best chance on Friday night. 

Absolutely if we don’t beat the bottom of the league at home then I will really be worried .

Last time we were in the Tyne arms. Watched the Rangers Hibs game. Great atmosphere. Went down to Tynecastle. The players came out for pics and celebrations. A training show got burnt! Will be a total anti climax this time. Players wouldn't be brave enough to come and see the fans even if they were allowed.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Last time we were in the Tyne arms. Watched the Rangers Hibs game. Great atmosphere. Went down to Tynecastle. The players came out for pics and celebrations. A training show got burnt! Will be a total anti climax this time. Players wouldn't be brave enough to come and see the fans even if they were allowed.

Always going to be an anti climax tho. 

Hibs and rangers made the league feel better than it actually was. 

We were better, Neilson had a cleans slate and almost every player was his and wanted to be there. 

Being at the games, we also  had 8 big games last time, this time none are on that scale. 

Lastly, rangers were favourites last time, we performed better and caused a little bit of a shock. 

It was never going to be like last time, ever. 

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Updated after tonight's games.  Dundee now on level points and games with Raith. ICT into the playoff places.

P Pts Avail Max PPG Pts @ PPG
Hearts 23 47 12 59 2.04 55.17
Raith 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
Dundee 22 36 15 51 1.64 44.18
ICT 23 33 12 45 1.43 38.74
Dunfermline 22 31 15 46 1.41 38.05
QOTS 22 30 15 45 1.36 36.82
Ayr 23 26 12 38 1.13 30.52
Morton 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Arbroath 23 25 12 37 1.09 29.35
Alloa 23 18 12 30 0.78 21.13

Imo, we are now at least 6 points short of our 'minimum acceptable points target' of 65 points.

Win all home, draw away should pick up a significant amount of wins to cover for odd away defeat, home draw.

Hagar the Horrible

1 win will be enough, we could have done with Dundee losing last night to reduce the risk by half of being caught .  I still dont think we will be caught as everybody is shuffling for the play-off spot.  I just worry that IF Robbie has that one elusive win in him and 2 to make sure, so we are waiting on Raith and Dundee to drop the points we need to win, What a sad state to find ourselves in waiting on others to lose it so we can win it, as we dont have the wherewithall to win it ourselves, Still Robbie can take us forward eh?

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

If we dont win on friday we will be in Terry butcher territory 

If we dont win on Friday it will be 1986 territory, I cant see this team having any bottle to win this league

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If we dont win on Friday it will be 1986 territory, I cant see this team having any bottle to win this league

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

We have no chance on the play offs with neilsen in charge

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Imo, we are now at least 6 points short of our 'minimum acceptable points target' of 65 points.

Win all home, draw away should pick up a significant amount of wins to cover for odd away defeat, home draw.

I think you might have your maths wrong.

14 home wins x 3 = 42points.

13 away draws = 13points

Total = 55

So we are currently 8 short of achieving your minimum acceptable points target and could (but almost certainly won't) over shoot it by 4 points.

Maybe I've misunderstood you.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They have shown a complete lack of desire for some time now and there is no leader on the pitch and I include Naismith in that.

I think he has a detrimental effect on the players on the pitch as he constanly moans at them for things that he does himself. 

We are totally devoid of ideas as to how to draw teams out of their defensive set-ups and it would not surprsie me in the least if we did not win on Friday.

I really hope we can win and try and get this league over and done with and then we can hopefully move on with or without RN.

53 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think you might have your maths wrong.

14 home wins x 3 = 42points.

13 away draws = 13points

Total = 55

So we are currently 8 short of achieving your minimum acceptable points target and could (but almost certainly won't) over shoot it by 4 points.

Maybe I've misunderstood you.

Christ, so I am. Dyslexia kicking in, maybe.  Nah, just got confused with what I wanted to say with a miscalculation.

55 is what I thought would be required to win league comfortably, which is now on track and looking like mid to late 40s will do it.

So yes in league terms we could get slightly above the miminum reasonable required points to what I thought would win league at start of season.

I didn't expect us to win every game, hoped to go undefeated but expected us to be a quite a bit above was needed.

Edited by DETTY29