• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

Just now, Yoda said:

We got a great chance to do well in the Scottish Cup this year.  Avoid Servco and we have as good a chance as anyone.

No we don’t, we’re utterly dreadful and only being saved by our huge financial advantage and training facility set up  during a pandemic.  Every Premiership club would pump us.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Yoda said:

We got a great chance to do well in the Scottish Cup this year.  Avoid Servco and we have as good a chance as anyone.

Agree with this. 

In fact I'd rather take a Aberdeen or hibs anywhere as opposed to say Dunfermline away. 

I'd like us to get Ross County or the likes at home and absolutely jobby them. 

Assuming we progress, Ofc. 

58 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good chance we'll have this wrapped up by the end of March.  We have 2 matches to play (QoS and Arbroath), while Raith, Dundee & Dunfermline play their games in hand - including  against each other ☺️

Two wins and it’ll be done, in all probability. To make it an absolute certainty might take more. No club has strung a run of wins together all season except us. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

No we don’t, we’re utterly dreadful and only being saved by our huge financial advantage and training facility set up  during a pandemic.  Every Premiership club would pump us.

Aye, the Celtic and Hibs results just this season prove that. 

If we get a mighty team like St Mirren or Hamilton we should just throw the tie, save the embarrassment of a pumping. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree with this. 

In fact I'd rather take a Aberdeen or hibs anywhere as opposed to say Dunfermline away. 

😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

😂

I would, I'd take hibs every day of the week and they ****ers are 3rd. 

Id want to avoid away ties against bottom 6 top flight sides or top 4  championship ties. 

Actually, **** it, rangers at Ibrox please. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I would, I'd take hibs every day of the week and they ****ers are 3rd. 

Id want to avoid away ties against bottom 6 top flight sides or top 4  championship ties. 

Actually, **** it, rangers at Ibrox please. 

It says a lot about the players and management team that you don’t feel we have what it takes to sweep aside 10 pretty pish teams on their own patch.

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

:tlj:       :nah:

Hopefully we get a premiership team in the Scottish cup that's not rangers or celtic so we can see where we measure up.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

All over now. Pars and Raith have to win 5/9 remaining games to match our current total, Dundee have to win 6/9. Unlikely that any of the three will do that. 45/46 points will get someone second place. 

The chances of being caught are marginal, of course.

We are at the stage now there is as much of a chance of SPFL skulduggery than any of our rivals hitting the 45 points we have.

6 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Hopefully we get a premiership team in the Scottish cup that's not rangers or celtic so we can see where we measure up.

Yeah, hopefully we get Hibs. 

hmfc_liam06
8 minutes ago, Mirror said:

We've played Hibs and Celtic this season and lost neither so there already is a barometer. 

13 minutes ago, Mirror said:

You mean since our January signings?

Because we matched the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Scotland at end of last year. 

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Win the next two and I reckon we win the league at East End Park.

Dunfermline play first game in hand v Raith at end of month the midweek before our game at East End Park. Their other game in hand v Dundee hasn't been scheduled yet.

Think it will be mid April. 

StevenNaismith
44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, the Celtic and Hibs results just this season prove that. 

If we get a mighty team like St Mirren or Hamilton we should just throw the tie, save the embarrassment of a pumping. 

We’ve more chance of beating Celtic or Hibs than St Mirren or Hamilton. That sums up our squad at the moment, can get up for one off big games but most weeks they just go through the motions.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We’ve more chance of beating Celtic or Hibs than St Mirren or Hamilton. That sums up our squad at the moment, can get up for one off big games but most weeks they just go through the motions.

I agree to an extent, exactly why I'd take Aberdeen or hibs anywhere over even a top 4 championship side away.

Hagar the Horrible

We are officially in tje play offs. We cant finish with the next top 4 as the have to play each other. But equally if we win the next 3 it won as thats when we play the pars. 

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Mirror said:

We call that a bye if it’s hibs😂

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

The chances of being caught are marginal, of course.

We are at the stage now there is as much of a chance of SPFL skulduggery than any of our rivals hitting the 45 points we have.

Not sure what skulduggery they could come up with to deny us. Promotion/relegation between championship and leagues 1 and 2 is another matter. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not sure what skulduggery they could come up with to deny us. Promotion/relegation between championship and leagues 1 and 2 is another matter. 

For us, it's non existent.

IMO that's RR or DA ability to get to 45 pts.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Win the next two and I reckon we win the league at East End Park.

Hope not because that will mean we lost to Brora Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I agree we've not been great, but we recently beat Motherwell in a bounce game.  Celtic are equally crap, H1b5 & Aberdeen will be battling till the last game for 3rd place and there are about 5 teams in the relegation battle.

We are effectively promoted and can hopefully focus our attention on the cup.  Third time lucky?

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean since our January signings?

Because we matched the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Scotland at end of last year. 

We're usually good at raising our game while at hampden, I was thinking of those run of the mill games that we struggled with over the past few seasons.

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I agree we've not been great, but we recently beat Motherwell in a bounce game.  Celtic are equally crap, H1b5 & Aberdeen will be battling till the last game for 3rd place and there are about 5 teams in the relegation battle.

We are effectively promoted and can hopefully focus our attention on the cup.  Third time lucky?

apart from old firm and possibly queens park as any other team been in three consecutive SC finals

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

apart from old firm and possibly queens park as any other team been in three consecutive SC finals

Celtic are on a run of 4 currently and hold the record of 7. Their 5th run of 3 or more

Rangers have done it 3 times, Vale of Leven and Queens Park twice. Aberdeen once. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Cup_finals

My wild card bet is for no promotion or relegation this year.... if the lower leagues don’t finish the season before May what will the league do?

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

My wild card bet is for no promotion or relegation this year.... if the lower leagues don’t finish the season before May what will the league do?

The Premiership is nearly finished.

Despite all the prophets of doom the games have been played.

But it is true finances are a problem. So rule nothing out. 

In 2014-2015, this was the weekend we technically won the league by beating Dumbarton 4.0 and getting to 72 points and a points number no other team caught.

Hibs ended the season 2nd with 70 points all told.

I think we have hit the same scenario this weekend.

9 games to go last time, 7 this.

9/36 = 25% season left.

7/27 = 26% season left.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Exactly.....it will be a repeat of the hammerings  Hibs and Celtic gave us earlier this season at Hampden. You only have to look at how Hibs, the 3rd placed Premiership team, utterly destroyed Alloa 2-1 and Dundee 1-0 in the league cup. The premier teams are simple miles ahead of us just look at how St Johnstone destroyed the Pars in the league cup on penalties, after drawing 1-1 in extra time. 

59 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Their will be promotion and relegation from premier league to championship definitely! I could see no relegation from championship into league one and leave the leagues the way they are for next season . Who knows but it won’t effect the premiership and us going up BUT I wouldn’t put anything past them at Hampden! 

The Modern Leper
17 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Exactly.....it will be a repeat of the hammerings  Hibs and Celtic gave us earlier this season at Hampden. You only have to look at how Hibs, the 3rd placed Premiership team, utterly destroyed Alloa 2-1 and Dundee 1-0 in the league cup. The premier teams are simple miles ahead of us just look at how St Johnstone destroyed the Pars in the league cup on penalties, after drawing 1-1 in extra time. 

🤣🤣🤣

Nice.

hmfc_liam06
59 minutes ago, ADAM said:

👏

complete control
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree with this. 

Cheerleader yer such a feckin bore !

I watched the highlights last night and thought it was a penalty in real time and for me the slow motion bit didn't disprove that there was contact, so it was a penalty. The second one however was a blatant dive from all angles and Boyle was lucky not to get a second yellow for it.

The league - 99 times out of 100 the best team wins it, the decent teams get Europe, the mediocre teams fight meaninglessly over 6th to 10th and one of the two poorest teams goes down. It’s as predictable as that almost every season.

The cup is a whole different kettle of fish. The draw is a lottery. It’s a one off game where a good team can have an off day and a mediocre team pull something out of the bag. A slice of luck or a referee decision gets you to the next round. None of those things apply over the course of a 38 game season. That’s why it’s not always the best team in the country that wins it, sometimes not even close to the best.

If every possible factor goes for us, yes we could win the cup. However we could also be put out by Brora. I wouldn’t rule it out.

Edited by JimmyCant

17 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, hopefully we get Hibs. 

Papping them out of two Scottish Cup competitions in the same season may be something we won't get another chance to repeat.  Bring it on.

:fth:

59 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The league - 99 times out of 100 the best team wins it, the decent teams get Europe, the mediocre teams fight meaninglessly over 6th to 10th and one of the two poorest teams goes down. It’s as predictable as that almost every season.

The cup is a whole different kettle of fish. The draw is a lottery. It’s a one off game where a good team can have an off day and a mediocre team pull something out of the bag. A slice of luck or a referee decision gets you to the next round. None of those things apply over the course of a 38 game season. That’s why it’s not always the best team in the country that wins it, sometimes not even close to the best.

If every possible factor goes for us, yes we could win the cup. However we could also be put out by Brora. I wouldn’t rule it out.

Have you ever posted anything positive about Hearts on here?

spirt of 98
18 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Folk Hearts are murder at least the last time we were in this league we dominated it like an SPL team in the wrong league. This time we are just the best of a crap league, face facts we need change or we will be relegated again next year or finish bottom 6 which for the money pumped in is a shock. 

10 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Folk Hearts are murder at least the last time we were in this league we dominated it like an SPL team in the wrong league. This time we are just the best of a crap league, face facts we need change or we will be relegated again next year or finish bottom 6 which for the money pumped in is a shock. 

Unfortunately this is so very true. Yet another overhaul required.

36 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Totally agree. Not many I would keep to be honest. 

Ex member of the SaS

I know the league will be won ( and probably already is ) and fairly easily too, but until it's mathematically impossible to be over taken, I won't be putting out the flags. Dunfermline have two in hand plus the seven games left. That means they can ( no matter how unlikely ) get to 57 points. So until we have that many or Dunfermline lose or draw that is the figure I will be going by.

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I know the league will be won ( and probably already is ) and fairly easily too, but until it's mathematically impossible to be over taken, I won't be putting out the flags. Dunfermline have two in hand plus the seven games left. That means they can ( no matter how unlikely ) get to 57 points. So until we have that many or Dunfermline lose or draw that is the figure I will be going by.

Want to beat Dunfermline or a least not get beat.

Proverbial 6 pointer

As with Raith also.

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So the figure you’re going by is Dunfermline winning all their games. That will not happen. I’m not going to check but I doubt if they’ve won even three in a row all season. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So the figure you’re going by is Dunfermline winning all their games. That will not happen. I’m not going to check but I doubt if they’ve won even three in a row all season. 

They haven't won consecutive league games since the end of October.

No team in the league under us will get 45 points league is finished all but them fighting for the playoffs they will drop points against each other all finished Barr the leftovers