Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

It's not looking great for him now with the arrival of Armand, and Henderson being ahead of him by the look of it. Pity, he made a good start to the season and was beginning to look the real deal at last, I hope it works out for him either at Hearts or elsewhere. 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

Please send him to Firhill, especially since both clubs are so close 😉He has scored many against us and would be more than capable of getting goals in league one, plus we only have 2 strikers who are both injured and need as many attackers as possible 

thanks

8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Henderson replaced a winger last night so I am not sure if that affects the pecking order.

Yup, but Henderson is like Wighton in that he has played through the middle and wide, though usually from the left side.

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup, but Henderson is like Wighton in that he has played through the middle and wide, though usually from the left side.

Telling sign that Henderson seems to nicked his place on the bench.

Think Wighton is on his way out.

27 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Please send him to Firhill, especially since both clubs are so close 😉He has scored many against us and would be more than capable of getting goals in league one, plus we only have 2 strikers who are both injured and need as many attackers as possible 

thanks

I've a job in Maryhill tomorrow morning and have a spare seat in the van. More than happy to drop him off. 

It's strange. I don't really rate Wighton, never have and would've been okay about him leaving the club at the start of the season but, considering he's scored some goals in the earlier part of the season i am surprised that Neilson has lowered him down the pecking order so quickly. Wighton was never going to be here long-term in fairness but he must be a bit miffed he's found himself out of the manager's plans after a reasonably decent start. 

I'd have Wighton in the squad ahead of Frear and Roberts.  I like Naismith but Wighton has done at least as well as him this season so I'd like to see him on the bench.  Sounds like he's going to get loaned out though.

Good to see Henderson take his chance last night.

32 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I'd have Wighton in the squad ahead of Frear and Roberts.  I like Naismith but Wighton has done at least as well as him this season so I'd like to see him on the bench.  Sounds like he's going to get loaned out though.

Good to see Henderson take his chance last night.

Yup, he has missed a few but he's still our second top scorer I think. I thought his improvement this season might have been a turning point for him and I think some other team will gladly take him. I  hope he gets to stay with us to finish this season, or it could come back to haunt us .

Surely Craig Wighton is a better player than Henderson. In watching Henderson last 2 or 3 games he is like a schoolboy playing with men does not contribute much other than getting rid of the ball far too quick. I would keep Wighton but play him in his natural position as he does get involved in games more.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Utter dug shite.

could you take the Beatles avatar down and replace it with something else? I like the Beatles.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

could you take the Beatles avatar down and replace it with something else? I like the Beatles.

It is great being able to have a personal opinion chief eh.   I have one on Wighton.

Hard lines for him but nowhere near the standard we need. He has had plenty chances and never took them. Can't say I'll be too fussed when he leaves. There is still a lot of dead wood in the squad that needs cleared out.

Bazzas right boot

Unfortunately not good for us at the current time.

He has improved and has good technical ability, seems a bit timid tho- not a good trait.

He'll probably sign for a championship team and in about 4/5 years hit the top flight again with the likes of Livi, Hamilton  or Motherwell and folk on JKB will be saying we shouldn't have let him go. That will be after he knocks us out the cup.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is great being able to have a personal opinion chief eh.   I have one on Wighton.

oooh!

Being serious, I'm not a fan but he has certainly been better this season. It's a bit like Olly Lee though, end of contract coming up and if he isn't getting renewed then it is best for all parties that he moves on.

🙂

He has done himself a lot of favours this season and has shown he can forage a career for himself at a decent level. Needs games to improve and will e a good player for someone, unfortunately it won't be us. Good luck to the boy. 

been here before

Likely to be moved on, another 'project' that didnt work out. Seems a decent enough laddie, obviously spent some time working hard in his fitness and game and will score goals for someone at Championship level but we need to be looking for someone better.

Nothing against him and I dint wish him any ill will.

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Utter dug shite.

Bet he's spewing that one of lifes success stories doesnt rate him.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Seems to lack belief in himself. It’s a shame as he’s not a bad player. 

Quite telling he's done better when theres been no crowds or smaller crowds when he was up at Arbroath where he got 3 goals in 5 games.

Confidence a big thing with him I think.

The musings of the coach potato who has achieved nothing. Must be shite having no ability, no other half while sitting telling folk how shite a profession footballer is. I'd have done anything to play for Hearts for 1 second, let alone score a few goals. 

Anyway, if he goes, good luck to him. 

Henderson and wighton can go for me. Both similar. Hopefully I'm proved wrong with the latter.  I'd rather we signed  another quality striker 

27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Likely to be moved on, another 'project' that didnt work out. Seems a decent enough laddie, obviously spent some time working hard in his fitness and game and will score goals for someone at Championship level but we need to be looking for someone better.

Nothing against him and I dint wish him any ill will.

This

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Neilson has done well to identify the guy is below par. Fair play.

Not a pop at you ND but he would do well to identify these other below par players

Berra

Frear

Roberts

Haliday

Walker (except every 4th game)

all of whom he desperately wants or signed

i dont get the perceived dislike that neilson has for wighton above those players

I feel a bit sorry for the boy, he scored goals and proved his worth in Championship.

Is he good enough for where we hope to go, probably not but been far from the worst in squad this year.

1 hour ago, dcupples said:

Surely Craig Wighton is a better player than Henderson. In watching Henderson last 2 or 3 games he is like a schoolboy playing with men does not contribute much other than getting rid of the ball far too quick. I would keep Wighton but play him in his natural position as he does get involved in games more.

Pass on both thanks. 

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I feel a bit sorry for the boy, he scored goals and proved his worth in Championship.

Is he good enough for where we hope to go, probably not but been far from the worst in squad this year.

Correct. However, with our recent signing arriving, plus Boyce, it’s hard to see where, or when, he would play...barring both being injured.  

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

It's strange. I don't really rate Wighton, never have and would've been okay about him leaving the club at the start of the season but, considering he's scored some goals in the earlier part of the season i am surprised that Neilson has lowered him down the pecking order so quickly. Wighton was never going to be here long-term in fairness but he must be a bit miffed he's found himself out of the manager's plans after a reasonably decent start. 

Exactly. I don’t know why he suddenly was dropped when he was essentially in form. 

Not saying he's good enough for a regular starting place but his goals against Hibs, Raith and Arbroath would suggest he's clearly not utter dugshite.

This analysis is from the guy who equated Covid to a stubbed toe though, so you know, we're not talking about an expert in equivalence here.

I think the question that should be asked is. 

Are Hearts going to improve with him? 

I've no ill against the kid. He came with a big price tag. Sadly hasn't lived up to it. 

We all wish he had hit the ball rolling, but it never happened. 

Good luck to him if he does move on this window. 

Been a decent player this season and strange he's been completely dropped, but reality is he isn't good enough for us if we want to challenge for European football in the future.

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. However, with our recent signing arriving, plus Boyce, it’s hard to see where, or when, he would play...barring both being injured.  

Yeah totally, just think he has done himself credit this season and could not really have done much more.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Expensive experiment. 

They must have been laughing their heads off we paid a fee for him

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Wighton is far better than Henderson. Neither are good enough for Hearts. Can see both being championship level players with other clubs but that’s about it. 

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Expensive experiment. 

Nobody, nobody at all, was excited when this guy signed. Not his fault he's an average Joe, as players go.

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I've a job in Maryhill tomorrow morning and have a spare seat in the van. More than happy to drop him off. 

Thats so kind, or maybe not😕, going to be difficult for him now,

Wightons a gamble I'm glad we took. Its obviously not worked, but we should be looking closer at young Scottish players we can get. Wighton didn't work out, but Souttar by and large has. If we look back to our better players over the years, its almost never been punts on foreign players. Stevenson, Webster, Kyle, Black, Pressley, Hartley, McCann, Cameron have been among our better players over the years. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)