Big Hearts Initiative: Talk O’ The Toun

Laurie

Evening folks,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a new Big Hearts initiative, which kicks off this week in collaboration with some of the Hearts podcasts. 

We are organising some Zoom sessions, which are open for anyone to join, hosted by a selection of different podcasters. 

The aim is to get people talking and offer those who may feel a bit isolated, or maybe just miss the football days out, a chance to have a laid back, no pressure, chat with other Hearts fans. 

It's as simple as that. We might work on the format or some wee ideas here or there as we go, but it's nothing more complicated than a group of likeminded people getting together to chat about football and whatever else might come up.

Daniel McIver, who hosts the Perth to Paisley Podcast, and I will be doing the first session tomorrow, at 7pm. You can sign up on the Big Hearts website (link below) and you'll then get sent the details to sign in. Then Rob Borthwick (The Terrace, We Have No Cares) and Liam (This Is My Story) will then be doing one on Friday evening, also at 7pm.

http://www.bighearts.org.uk/programmes/talk-o-the-toun/

Let me know if you have any questions or want some more info. We want it to be open to everyone; doesn't necessarily have to be someone who feels they need 'help' or anything, could just be someone feeling a bit fed up with everything going on who misses the banter they get at the football or the pub afterwards. 

Laurie 

10 hours ago, Laurie said:

Evening folks,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a new Big Hearts initiative, which kicks off this week in collaboration with some of the Hearts podcasts. 

We are organising some Zoom sessions, which are open for anyone to join, hosted by a selection of different podcasters. 

The aim is to get people talking and offer those who may feel a bit isolated, or maybe just miss the football days out, a chance to have a laid back, no pressure, chat with other Hearts fans. 

It's as simple as that. We might work on the format or some wee ideas here or there as we go, but it's nothing more complicated than a group of likeminded people getting together to chat about football and whatever else might come up.

Daniel McIver, who hosts the Perth to Paisley Podcast, and I will be doing the first session tomorrow, at 7pm. You can sign up on the Big Hearts website (link below) and you'll then get sent the details to sign in. Then Rob Borthwick (The Terrace, We Have No Cares) and Liam (This Is My Story) will then be doing one on Friday evening, also at 7pm.

Let me know if you have any questions or want some more info. We want it to be open to everyone; doesn't necessarily have to be someone who feels they need 'help' or anything, could just be someone feeling a bit fed up with everything going on who misses the banter they get at the football or the pub afterwards. 

Laurie 

Sounds like a good initiative. Good luck with it. 

On 26/01/2021 at 23:40, Laurie said:

Evening folks,

Laurie 

Last bump. 

Enjoyable first session of this on Wednesday, and there's another tonight.

I posted a wee video after the first session, just to give a better idea of what this is all about and the fact it's open to anyone. 

7 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Enjoyable first session of this on Wednesday, and there's another tonight.

I posted a wee video after the first session, just to give a better idea of what this is all about and the fact it's open to anyone. 

Great stuff 👍

Another session tomorrow night with Rob Borthwick and Joel Sked from A View From The Terrace

Should be a good laugh - if you fancy a chat with the guys about the latest transfer dealings at Tynecastle, the last Hearts game or anything else that might crop up, then sign up via the Big Hearts website: http://www.bighearts.org.uk/programmes/talk-o-the-toun/ 

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Any chance these can be recorded and put out to view after the event? 

I'm not sure that would work, I signed up to the second session and was happy speaking to the folk that were there as it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, but I wouldn't have got involved if it was being recorded and replayed. 

Anyone that's not sure whether to sign up, I'd say give it a try.

11 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Any chance these can be recorded and put out to view after the event? 

I think the point Alex makes is a good one. Although these aren't professional therapy sessions or anything, we want people to feel comfortable to relax and chat - be that about Hearts or anything else. It might make a few a little uncomfortable if it was being recorded and would be publicly available afterwards. 

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I'm not sure that would work, I signed up to the second session and was happy speaking to the folk that were there as it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, but I wouldn't have got involved if it was being recorded and replayed. 

Anyone that's not sure whether to sign up, I'd say give it a try.

2 hours ago, Laurie said:

I think the point Alex makes is a good one. Although these aren't professional therapy sessions or anything, we want people to feel comfortable to relax and chat - be that about Hearts or anything else. It might make a few a little uncomfortable if it was being recorded and would be publicly available afterwards. 

fair dos guys, makes sense I suppose 👍🏼👍🏼

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

fair dos guys, makes sense I suppose 👍🏼👍🏼

The session I was on last week would've been quite entertaining to watch/listen to afterwards to be fair, so I can understand why you'd be interested. Just doesn't quite fit with the ethos of this initiative though. 

Best way to experience it is to join one of the sessions 😀

It sounds like the session with Rob and Joel went really well last night!

There's another session tomorrow evening at 7pm. Adam from Perth to Paisley and Liam from This Is My Story will be hosting, with a guest appearance from a Hearts Scottish Cup winner as well.... 👀

I enjoyed it last night,some guys are brilliant at remembering names and dates maybe I've just drowned too many brain cells. I highly recommend dialing in folks. No pressure to chat if you don't want but a good wee chat with like minded jambos.

This is My Story Podcast

Tonights Talk O’The Toun session sees us joined with cup winning hero Andy Webster. Feel free to sign up and join in. The first few sessions have been great, just a chilled out laugh and discussion amongst fellow jambos. John Colquhoun joined us on Friday and was great value, here’s hoping webby is the same. 

We are also toying with the idea of watch alongs when the games are live on the TV. Do you guys think that would work? 

39 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Tonights Talk O’The Toun session sees us joined with cup winning hero Andy Webster. Feel free to sign up and join in. The first few sessions have been great, just a chilled out laugh and discussion amongst fellow jambos. John Colquhoun joined us on Friday and was great value, here’s hoping webby is the same. 

We are also toying with the idea of watch alongs when the games are live on the TV. Do you guys think that would work? 

We’ve done ‘watchalongs’ with groups of members as part of virtual match sponsorship and they have been very enjoyable for those involved. 

This is My Story Podcast
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’ve done ‘watchalongs’ with groups of members as part of virtual match sponsorship and they have been very enjoyable for those involved. 

That’s great to hear. Just looking at ways to engage with people that are missing the football, the pre match post match routines etx. Anything to try break the boredom and loneliness of lockdown. 

Was excellent tonight. Andy was open honest, entertaining and very much a Jambo. Enjoyed it.

This is My Story Podcast
19 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Was excellent tonight. Andy was open honest, entertaining and very much a Jambo. Enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it. I could sit and listen to Webster all day. 

This is My Story Podcast

Looking forward to tonight. Plenty to talk about. The Caley tickets flying, Ayr performance, look forward to Queens and loads of nonsense in between. 

This is My Story Podcast

Great fun again! Rob Borthwick hosting Thursday call, get involved if you can and want. 

These are great opportunities for us all to get together and talk nonsense about Hearts in a safe environment. I know I’ve been really struggling missing the “pub” chat aspect of football. These calls are the closest thing I’ve found to that. Great fun. 

Was on last nights call, really enjoyed it. Good to just have a chat about the team and the conversation just flowed. Looking forward to tomorrow night's. HHGH

This is My Story Podcast
4 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Was on last nights call, really enjoyed it. Good to just have a chat about the team and the conversation just flowed. Looking forward to tomorrow night's. HHGH

Buzzing to hear that! Glad you enjoyed it. 

Missed last nights but I agree they are good. Looking forward to tomorrow's 

This is My Story Podcast

Was another great call tonight. We are potentially going to do a watch along for the Caley game. When we have some more details we will post the details on here for anyone interested. 

Perth to Paisley
37 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Can I join please

Go to www.bighearts.com Talk of the Toun  to register... they will send a zoom invite 

2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Go to www.bighearts.com Talk of the Toun  to register... they will send a zoom invite 

Thanks,will do.

Sorry guys, thought my request had been denied, for some reason, but just noticed the zoom details have gone to my junk folder. Ooops!! Ill join in on Tuesday. Hope it went well, have a great weekend.

Last nights call was great. Its so good to just switch off from everything for 90 mins and just have a proper chat about Hearts. I'm finding lockdown really tough as I'm on Furlough and don't really see much people from one day to the next so these calls are a way of social interaction. Keep it up BIG HEARTS

This is My Story Podcast
4 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

Last nights call was great. Its so good to just switch off from everything for 90 mins and just have a proper chat about Hearts. I'm finding lockdown really tough as I'm on Furlough and don't really see much people from one day to the next so these calls are a way of social interaction. Keep it up BIG HEARTS

Glad you are enjoying them. It’s a good laugh and a great way to break the cycle in lockdown. 

This is My Story Podcast

We are back tonight with Big Hearts. Join us to discuss Morton, look forward to Caley and just general Hearts chat. 

4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We are back tonight with Big Hearts. Join us to discuss Morton, look forward to Caley and just general Hearts chat. 

Thought the calls were a Tuesday, I never got an email saying it was tonight 🤔

This is My Story Podcast
5 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah it is tomorrow. My bad guys, had a shocker. Tuesday 7pm. 

This is My Story Podcast

Hey guys. 

Big Hearts is back on tonight. Tonight I believe we have Joel Skedd and Rob Borthwick hosting. All round Hearts chat, preview tomorrow’s game and a whole load of nonsense in between. 

This is My Story Podcast
16 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Really enjoyed the last TOTT on Tuesday, plenty other sessions coming up as well - including tonight (although I can't make this one).

Back at it tonight on TOTT. Nice hour or two talking all things Hearts with other jambos.