Congratulations, Euan Henderson

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Mate - my spelling is as pish as the next person! People can level criticism at Naismith (value for money/fitness) and that’s totally valid but to say he can’t play football is plain wrong! He clearly can.

plainly - 2.5 times irvings salary - tell me what he does by definition ? He clearly could ! Ask me in 3 years when were still paying him hashtag damour

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, 160598 said:

plainly - 2.5 times irvings salary - tell me what he does by definition ? He clearly could ! Ask me in 3 years when were still paying him hashtag damour

As I said - value for money can totally be debated. To say a 51 times capped player who played for years in EPL ‘cant play football’ is just wrong though - as is comparing him to Damour who really has been a waste of time and money.

Anyway - not wanting to derail the thread.....a bit of positivity for a young lad who might now get a chance.

I like him and think he gives us good pace and energy off the bench.

His problem atm is he needs to get a run of games at a good standard, up front which is where he is excellently for the u20s, to kick on and he's quite clearly not going to get that with Hearts this season. 

He's still pretty young but he's not going to develop starting 1 game in 20

10 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

As I said - value for money can totally be debated. To say a 51 times capped player who played for years in EPL ‘cant play football’ is just wrong though - as is comparing him to Damour who really has been a waste of time and money.

Anyway - not wanting to derail the thread.....a bit of positivity for a young lad who might now get a chance.

Yes I agree - you have told me what he has done - fabulous - but what does he do ?

There was no comparison unless you are talking money...............which btw matters. 

Just now, Diego10 said:

His problem atm is he needs to get a run of games at a good standard, up front which is where he is excellently for the u20s, to kick on and he's quite clearly not going to get that with Hearts this season. 

hooray common sense

4 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

With you on that. I like Henderson. He always gives 100% when he gets the chance. For me certainly a better option at present than either Frear or Roberts. Not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, but well worth his place in the squad. Too many on here are too ready to write off our younger players.

Edited by Deevers
Typo

bigsuperslim1874
9 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Yes I agree - you have told me what he has done - fabulous - but what does he do ?

There was no comparison unless you are talking money...............which btw matters. 

When played in the right position....he scores goals? Let’s not forget he and Haring turned the Semi in our favour too.

I don’t think we get the best out of him In midfield - up top/number 10 has to be the position....and he CAN do damage.

Anyways - let’s agree to disagree clearly. 😂

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

When played in the right position....he scores goals? Let’s not forget he and Haring turned the Semi in our favour too.

I don’t think we get the best out of him In midfield - up top/number 10 has to be the position....and he CAN do damage.

Anyways - let’s agree to disagree clearly. 😂

no disagreement at all - hes psih

I like Henderson. Was glad he got a game when Gino went off. White or Frear could have been given the nod as the wide attacker.

Henderson seems to have been a fairly decent goalscorer in the under 19's (4 against St Johnstone rings a bell) so has the ability. He has not so far done it at first team level but last night will be a weight off his shoulders. 

He has pace and strength so happy to see if he can kick on for the rest of the season. We should get plenty scoring opportunities with the big fella wreaking havoc in the box.

Shanks said no
9 hours ago, 160598 said:

Fair play - but if you are saying give him a chance - why not Wighton - top goalscorer a wee whiley ago

Happy to be slated now we have a 6ft 4 striker but I remember a 5ft  striker that was decent

Not sure if I remember the 5ft striker, who are you referring to? 

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Not sure if I remember the 5ft striker, who are you referring to? 

I think he’s referring to the hammer of the hubz or possibly JC 🤷‍♂️

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think he’s referring to the hammer of the hubz or possibly JC 🤷‍♂️

Robbo was / is 5’6”

JC 5’7”

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Robbo was / is 5’6”

I think he was being sarcastic...well that’s my take on it anyway.   I don’t ever recall us having any 5ft 0 strikers but Robbo was small, who packed a big punch, for a number 9 

On 27/01/2021 at 09:40, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Mate - my spelling is as pish as the next person! People can level criticism at Naismith (value for money/fitness) and that’s totally valid but to say he can’t play football is plain wrong! He clearly can.

And props to Henderson - hopefully he takes this chance so we can see if he can be a player for us.

he clearly cant