Congratulations, Euan Henderson

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I feel bad about starting a Gnanduillet thread and not acknowledging the fact one of our youths scored his debut league goal today. Well done Euan, hopefully it's the first of many.

A_A wehatethehibs

Same goal he scored against Airdrie wasn’t it? Deadly from a yard. Maybe we’ve accidentally stumbled across a poacher, we’ve just not thought to stick him in the 6 yard box.

Seriously though, be really happy if it’s the start of something good, because he is a good lad and very good athlete. Looks to me possibly like that’s him ahead of Wighton in the managers thoughts now.

Not going to cut it in my opinion. Never done anything of major note to suggest he will do otherwise. He seems to get plenty opportunities though so he must be doing something right in training.

Can see him being filed in the David Smith/Billy King/Dale Carrick category of player. 

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Not going to cut it in my opinion. Never done anything of major note to suggest he will do otherwise. He seems to get plenty opportunities though so he must be doing something right in training.

Can see him being filed in the David Smith/Billy King/Dale Carrick category of player. 

Thread is about congratulating the guy on his first goal. You might end up being right but give the guy his moment. He’s done something I’d give my left bollock for growing up. So would most on here.

Congrats Euan. 

If he keeps Frear and Roberts further away from the team,its a thumbs up.

He has good energy, willing to harry and hassle the opposition. Goal should boost his confidence. 

Useful to have around

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Well he’s got a much, much stronger physique than any of them 3 names you mention. It’s his physicality that is the reason I think he is getting ahead of the likes of Wighton. Think he just needs to learn to use it a bit more, needs a bit of a nasty streak installed. Let’s hope elbows can help him with that 

I am not wanting to piss on anybody’s parade, but for me I thought he was poor. 

Yes, can’t dispute he scored, but so could I from the goal line. What frustrated me most, and I closely watched him the whole game, was he constantly received the ball, and instantly wanted to just play it back. He has decent pace, but not once did he try and take his man on. Considering he was playing wide I just wish he was braver. He just looks so scared. Not wanting to be overly critical, but can anybody genuinely say they can remember anything positive contributions. I just don’t think he is good enough IMO

1 minute ago, 160598 said:

The boys decent unlike the headless chicken that runs about doing sweet fa.......believe hes called Naysmith

No he is called Naismith. 😉

7 minutes ago, daftie said:

Yes, can’t dispute he scored, but so could I from the goal line. What frustrated me most, and I closely watched him the whole game, was he constantly received the ball, and instantly wanted to just play it back. He has decent pace, but not once did he try and take his man on. Considering he was playing wide I just wish he was braver. He just looks so scared. Not wanting to be overly critical, but can anybody genuinely say they can remember anything positive contributions. I just don’t think he is good enough IMO

We're just trying to get out the championship. You need a squad beyond the first 11. Not necessarily a first pick but an option. He replaced Ginnelly. Somebody had to. And I'd much rather it was Hendo for his work rate and desire than two wingers we bought who have Lets say underwhelmed.

Edited by Riccarton3

Every time I watch Henderson it feels clear to me that he's a centre forward. An on the shoulder, running in behind nippy striker. When he plays out wide, he doesn't like facing up a full back and he often struggles with his back to goal on the touchline.

I have my doubts that he has the quality to play in a top six premiership side but I guarantee his next club will play him through the middle.

2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I feel bad about starting a Gnanduillet thread and not acknowledging the fact one of our youths scored his debut league goal today. Well done Euan, hopefully it's the first of many.

•  

Youth team players ain't the problem, I was spot on about Irving and if Robbie is prepared to give Henderson time, he will prove people wrong too. 

Wait until people see Cammy Logan and others, my biggest fear is Robbie the guy to take their game, to the level it needs to be at. 

Well done Hendo 👍

quockerwodgerjambo

Appreciated a lot, Hendo deserves his shot of the limelight. In the right place at the right time.Done a good turn for the side, works so hard and is eager to pounce on the opportunity to play.

Well done Hendo.

I like the laddie. I hope once this league is put to bed we can give him a run of games.

He’s got pace and he’s got guts. Just needs a bit of belief in himself and to take a risk or two when he gets the chance 

Edited by JimmyCant

5 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

We're just trying to get out the championship. You need a squad beyond the first 11. Not necessarily a first pick but an option. He replaced Ginnelly. Somebody had to. And I'd much rather it was Hendo for his work rate and desire than two wingers we bought who have Lets say underwhelmed.

defo

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Happy for the boy that he scored his first goal. Sorry that he is simply not good enough for what we need going forward. 

Agree with this. Better than Robert’s and frear but not good enough imo. Works hard though. 

Right place last night, hopefully he gets some confidence and kicks on. He's a strange one, don't really know his best position but Levein, Stendel and Neilson have all played him so must see something about him. 

9 hours ago, 160598 said:

The boys decent unlike the headless chicken that runs about doing sweet fa.......believe hes called Naysmith

:wtf:

congratulations to Henderson as I’ve given him a hard time recently but to say that Naismith is a headless chicken who doesn’t do anything and that Henderson is better is up there with one of the worst posts I’ve read on here. 

I think Hendo offers more than Roberts White and Frear don't mind him being in and around the first team at least he gives his all when playing for Hearts unlike a few passengers who don't break a sweat and stroll around picking up a massive wage at the end of the month. 

I don't mind Henderson as a third/fourth choice striker or winger. Hope he gets game time ahead of Wighton, Frear and Roberts for the rest of the season.

15 minutes ago, King prawn said:

congratulations to Henderson as I’ve given him a hard time recently but to say that Naismith is a headless chicken who doesn’t do anything and that Henderson is better is up there with one of the worst posts I’ve read on here. 

Never said he was better prick

17 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Problem is he played on the wing , and he is never a winger. Got the ball , passed it back 9 times out of 10. Could perhaps play off the big guy up front , but not on the wing.

2 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

Problem is he played on the wing , and he is never a winger. Got the ball , passed it back 9 times out of 10. Could perhaps play off the big guy up front , but not on the wing.

correct - and remind me how many years are we paying this guys wages ?

8 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Never said he was better prick

:lol: 

he’s decent unlike that headless chicken.

away and lie down 

4 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Actually I did - youth, presence, physicality, determination, awareness, strength - go yourself or come down to the home stand and get it

:rofl: :rofl: 

9 hours ago, daftie said:

I get that too a bit.  Really really not down on him, he has plenty time, and it may well al come together, but he really doesn't offer any threat.  I always get the impression he's inside his own head a bit, if that makes sense?

Needs to let go a bit and not care if he makes a mistake.  Needs to be given licence to do so too.  If Gino is out for a couple of weeks, give him the right wing and tell him this is his big chance.

Fair play - but if you are saying give him a chance - why not Wighton - top goalscorer a wee whiley ago

Happy to be slated now we have a 6ft 4 striker but I remember a 5ft  striker that was decent

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Happy for the boy that he scored his first goal. Sorry that he is simply not good enough for what we need going forward. 

Yeah pretty much where I've landed. I'm surprised he scored at all this season tbh. Anyway, congrats to him, maybe he can go on and prove the doubters wrong!

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah pretty much where I've landed. I'm surprised he scored at all this season tbh. Anyway, congrats to him, maybe he can go on and prove the doubters wrong!

Good for you mate - like I said hes pretty decent and built like a vending machine

bigsuperslim1874
42 minutes ago, King prawn said:

You obviously missed the follow up which say he can’t even play football - THATS one of the worst 😂

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

You obviously missed the follow up which say he can’t even play football - THATS one of the worst 😂

aye ? Your on your own on that one

Just now, 160598 said:

aye ? Your on your own on that one

Oh but he scored a hat-rick against......erm Arbroath - forgive any spelling mistakes

bigsuperslim1874
5 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Oh but he scored a hat-rick against......erm Arbroath - forgive any spelling mistakes

Mate - my spelling is as pish as the next person! People can level criticism at Naismith (value for money/fitness) and that’s totally valid but to say he can’t play football is plain wrong! He clearly can.

And props to Henderson - hopefully he takes this chance so we can see if he can be a player for us.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874
Spelling mistake