Congratulations, Armand!

tartofmidlothian

Was on Blackpool fans forum as they have a thread about his goals last night. Nearly everyone of them slagging off Scottish football. Unbelievable

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• tartofmidlothian

• Hansel

• HMFC01

11 minutes ago, juanjojambo said:

Was on Blackpool fans forum as they have a thread about his goals last night. Nearly everyone of them slagging off Scottish football. Unbelievable

Blackpool fans slagging off Scottish Football. 

Fans of Blackpool FC.

15th in League One. 

Glasshouses and all that.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fans of Blackpool FC.

15th in League One. 

The club that pursued the signing of Kirk Broadfoot for about two years apparently 🤣

On 27/01/2021 at 06:30, tartofmidlothian said:

Hardly had any fans for their top scorer? That's strange.

Blackpool fan here. Re: your above comment. The majority of Blackpool fans boycotted home matches for a number of years, due to the thieving and belligerent behaviour of our then owners - the Oystons.  Armand, therefore, only played before a very small percentage of home fans for much of his stay. More often than not, there were more away fans at home matches than locals.  It was a tad bizarre, when he then walked off and joined a Turkish second division club, after his contract had expired - especially when a number of Championship clubs were allegedly waiting in the wings to sign him. Anyway, despite what any embittered Blackpool fans will try to tell you - the big man WILL bag you goals. Don’t expect two goals a game just yet though. After all, he’s not currently 100% match fit. I’d have him come on as an impact player for a few matches, until he’s up to the mark. Good luck with him. 👍🏼

On 28/01/2021 at 00:00, ToqueJambo said:

The club that pursued the signing of Kirk Broadfoot for about two years apparently 🤣

You may well laugh. You’re referring to a period in time though, when we had one of the worst owners in football history. The Oystons, who pocketed the best part of £100 million, following our promotion to the Premier League (thanks to funds provided by a certain Mr Belokon) The Oyston’s subsequently spent absolutely NOTHING! trying to keep us in the Prem. Everything done on a shoestring. Loans and free transfers. No investment in a training ground. Stadium upkeep - a lick of paint now and then. They spent more on the hotel attached to the ground, than on the football club/team itself. They basically used the club as a ‘cash cow’. The fans began rebelling and started boycotting home matches, as most of the money spent at the turnstiles, ended up in the Oyston’s pockets and not the club’s. So, yes, we chased after players like Kirk Broadfoot at that time. Charlie Adam, was bought by fans favourite and Latvian club president, Valeri Belokon - who then had to take the Oystons to the high court, to retrieve what was rightfully owed to him, plus interest. We are now rebuilding. New owner. New manager. New, younger players. We may currently be languishing in mid-table, but give us until the end of the season and I think you’ll see we’ll have improved. Rome, after all, wasn’t built in a day.  Meanwhile, good luck in the Scottish Prem next season. That’s when Armand will truly come into his own.  👍🏼

Edited by TangerineAde

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Looks like I've been vindicated the guy is a big huddy

What strange behaviour.

On 30/01/2021 at 13:56, TangerineAde said:

You may well laugh. You’re referring to a period in time though, when we had one of the worst owners in football history. The Oystons, who pocketed the best part of £100 million, following our promotion to the Premier League (thanks to funds provided by a certain Mr Belokon) The Oyston’s subsequently spent absolutely NOTHING! trying to keep us in the Prem. Everything done on a shoestring. Loans and free transfers. No investment in a training ground. Stadium upkeep - a lick of paint now and then. They spent more on the hotel attached to the ground, than on the football club/team itself. They basically used the club as a ‘cash cow’. The fans began rebelling and started boycotting home matches, as most of the money spent at the turnstiles, ended up in the Oyston’s pockets and not the club’s. So, yes, we chased after players like Kirk Broadfoot at that time. Charlie Adam, was bought by fans favourite and Latvian club president, Valeri Belokon - who then had to take the Oystons to the high court, to retrieve what was rightfully owed to him, plus interest. We are now rebuilding. New owner. New manager. New, younger players. We may currently be languishing in mid-table, but give us until the end of the season and I think you’ll see we’ll have improved. Rome, after all, wasn’t built in a day.  Meanwhile, good luck in the Scottish Prem next season. That’s when Armand will truly come into his own.  👍🏼

Thanks for the context, appreciate you taking the time to post.

I don't think he's a huddy.   He's one step away from being a good first team player.    Just needs to impose himself onto defenders when challenging for the ball.    His service last night was well rubbish.    The high balls got caught in the wind but some of the passes along the ground were poor. 

Possibly best as an impact sub.    Still got enough games left to impress more. 

Edited by HMFC01

tartofmidlothian
On 28/01/2021 at 12:28, TangerineAde said:

Blackpool fan here. Re: your above comment. The majority of Blackpool fans boycotted home matches for a number of years, due to the thieving and belligerent behaviour of our then owners - the Oystons.  Armand, therefore, only played before a very small percentage of home fans for much of his stay. More often than not, there were more away fans at home matches than locals.  It was a tad bizarre, when he then walked off and joined a Turkish second division club, after his contract had expired - especially when a number of Championship clubs were allegedly waiting in the wings to sign him. Anyway, despite what any embittered Blackpool fans will try to tell you - the big man WILL bag you goals. Don’t expect two goals a game just yet though. After all, he’s not currently 100% match fit. I’d have him come on as an impact player for a few matches, until he’s up to the mark. Good luck with him. 👍🏼

Belated thanks for this reply, Ade.

Wasn't it around this time that you gave us decent cash by our standards for Stephen Husband, or was that before? What was that transfer all about?

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Looks like I've been vindicated the guy is a big huddy

Did you get a big stiffy posting that?

Look at me, look at me 

Vindicated :rofl:

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

He looked miles off the pace last night. He can only improve.

he got absolutely no service any long balls were miles away from him felt sorry for him

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The wind spoiled the game last night. 

Exactly 

First half the high balls were ballooning up short of him, much easier for a defender to attack that kind of ball.

Second half the balls were flying over his head at 100 mph.

Give the guy a chance and reserve judgement until he plays in reasonable conditions (not aimed at you JR)

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Get good crosses in and he'll score for fun. Service is the key with a player like this.

Exactly. This is where our game plans should be tailored to suit the strengths of  forwards like Armand - which is the responsibility of Robbie & Elbows to get this right.  He looks a different type of player to Boycie - probably a good thing though.       It's probably still too soon to have him in the starting eleven, but I think he'll come good before the season is out.  

ps. Not aimed at you Toque .....but there's a few folk on here who seem to take delight in writing off our players as soon as they have 2 or 3 poor games.  Mental   :tlj:

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Exactly. This is where our game plans should be tailored to suit the strengths of  forwards like Armand - which is the responsibility of Robbie & Elbows to get this right.  He looks a different type of player to Boycie - probably a good thing though.       It's probably still too soon to have him in the starting eleven, but I think he'll come good before the season is out.  

ps. Not aimed at you Toque .....but there's a few folk on here who seem to take delight in writing off our players as soon as they have 2 or 3 poor games.  Mental   :tlj:

2 or 3? Half game in some cases.

The Old Tolbooth

I completely sympathise with you mate, what the Oyston’s done to Blackpool was absolutely criminal, a lot of people wouldn’t believe the lengths they went to to protect their corrupt little empire at the time, I joined in with Blackpool fans groups wanting to get rid of them as a matter of course, they were total scum! I’ve got a best mate of mine who’s a season ticket holder and I know the score with Blackpool, and when you say it was strange times to be playing, you weren’t wrong, Blackpool fans love their club, and they done the right thing on boycotting, you’ve now got your club back and I really hope you make a success of it, you deserve to after what you’ve been through. All the best for the rest of the season mate 👍

Samuel Camazzola
On 27/01/2021 at 23:51, indianajones said:

Fans of Blackpool FC.

15th in League One. 

I do think we should return to them in the summer. Madine is a player who'd be good for us. 

Boyce had two chances to put him through the other night and made a complete mess of it both times. 

Will score a fair few goals over a season once up to speed.

Anyone writing-off the big guy after one start is a slavering idiot or a h1b5 troll on the wind-up. Or both.

If Boyce had hit either of his through-balls with better pace and accuracy - that is, such that AG had any sort of chance of being on the end of them - we might well have been celebrating a much more emphatic win. I don't remember anyone at any stage getting to the byline and delivering an accurate cross to him. The only reason Boyce saw as much of the ball as he did was that he was coming deep to receive it throughout the game.

As others have said, give AG enough decent service - especially crosses into the box - and I'm very confident he'll score freely for us and prove to be a great asset. His height and physicality will also be useful in defending set-pieces. Him being fully match-fit will not do any harm either.

50 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Boyce had two chances to put him through the other night and made a complete mess of it both times. 

Will score a fair few goals over a season once up to speed.

21 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Anyone writing-off the big guy after one start is a slavering idiot or a h1b5 troll on the wind-up. Or both.

If Boyce had hit either of his through-balls with better pace and accuracy - that is, such that AG had any sort of chance of being on the end of them - we might well have been celebrating a much more emphatic win. I don't remember anyone at any stage getting to the byline and delivering an accurate cross to him. The only reason Boyce saw as much of the ball as he did was that he was coming deep to receive it throughout the game.

As others have said, give AG enough decent service - especially crosses into the box - and I'm very confident he'll score freely for us and prove to be a great asset. His height and physicality will also be useful in defending set-pieces. Him being fully match-fit will not do any harm either.

Both correct. Anyone looking at the game on Friday night and laying any blame at Gnanduillet’s feet is either seeing things differently (wrongly) or have been waiting for him to fail and are seeing what they want to see. I never once saw him in possession doing the wrong thing, he just rarely got in possession. Now you can blame the weather conditions if you like, or you can blame players not finding him properly with through balls or crosses - but he didn’t do anything wrong per se, he just didn’t have much opportunity to do anything. Maybe you could say he could’ve imposed himself more on the match but play fell apart any time it went to the wing or through the middle in the final third. What as the furthest forward is he meant to do if play collapses before it gets to him?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Both correct. Anyone looking at the game on Friday night and laying any blame at Gnanduillet’s feet is either seeing things differently (wrongly) or have been waiting for him to fail and are seeing what they want to see. I never once saw him in possession doing the wrong thing, he just rarely got in possession. Now you can blame the weather conditions if you like, or you can blame players not finding him properly with through balls or crosses - but he didn’t do anything wrong per se, he just didn’t have much opportunity to do anything. Maybe you could say he could’ve imposed himself more on the match but play fell apart any time it went to the wing or through the middle in the final third. What as the furthest forward is he meant to do if play collapses before it gets to him?

Prepare to be slagged-off, I suppose...   :ermm:

For me he’s been given a couple of run abouts nothing more. Cos of this won’t know if he can adapt to Scottish football for another month or so. 

22 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

For me he’s been given a couple of run abouts nothing more. Cos of this won’t know if he can adapt to Scottish football for another month or so. 

What do you mean by run about? He just started a important league game. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I dunno about anyone else but to me, other than the Cup, this entire season is a bunch of run about games. Build fitness, instill a solid dressing room atmosphere and work ethic, weed out the shite for next year and work on playing as a team. It's essentially a very long pre-season. 

As long as we win we the league, which we will at a canter, and there's progress in the squad make up, I genuinely couldn't give a **** about this season. The quicker it's over, done with, consigned to the waste bin of history and forgotten about, the better. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I dunno about anyone else but to me, other than the Cup, this entire season is a bunch of run about games. Build fitness, instill a solid dressing room atmosphere and work ethic, weed out the shite for next year and work on playing as a team. It's essentially a very long pre-season. 

As long as we win we the league, which we will at a canter, and there's progress in the squad make up, I genuinely couldn't give a **** about this season. The quicker it's over, done with, consigned to the waste bin of history and forgotten about, the better. 

Run abouts isn’t my opinion nor very long pre-season tbh. We are in this league partly because we have been utter pish for years. Most of that time we’ve struggled to beat shite sides. Every game is a step nearer getting back to the league we were cheated out of and vitally important.  The rest of your post, dressing room, work ethic, weeding out shite etc I agree with. 

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s not played for a while so not match fit. Also Scottish football is what it is. Nothing to do with a game being important or not - he needs to experience a few games to get up to speed. 

7 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

He’s not played for a while so not match fit. Also Scottish football is what it is. Nothing to do with a game being important or not - he needs to experience a few games to get up to speed. 

Ok

• 1 month later...
Scott980612

He’s not perfect. 
He’ll have a few WTF moments.  
But he’s a threat & still don’t think he’s 100% fit. 
More to come I think 

I am sure there are undiscovered life forms throughout the universe who slag of Scottish Football.

Will never understand the obsession with our game once you cross the border.

Francis Albert
On 07/02/2021 at 14:45, Baxfee said:

Good forecast of how long it would take to know if he could adapt and make an impact. I think we have an answer. The next question is whether he can adapt to a higher level. I think he might.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good forecast of how long it would take to know if he could adapt and make an impact. I think we have an answer. The next question is whether he can adapt to a higher level. I think he might.

We need to play to his strengths. Seems happy to put a shift in which is great. But we need to get crosses in - if we do, he’ll score.  

He’ll need to get a lot fitter and improve his performances a fair bit if he’s going to be a threat next season. 

Bazzas right boot

He's cleary effective and it is hard to see his off the ball contribution not being at the game so fair doo's he is doing the business.

In regards to his general play tho, he's very awkward and has a very poor first touch at times.

Decent start tho.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He’ll need to get a lot fitter and improve his performances a fair bit if he’s going to be a threat next season. 

He’s certainly improved his fitness since he first arrived.

Just now, GinRummy said:

He’s certainly improved his fitness since he first arrived.

Yep.....but he’s got a long way to go imo.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.....but he’s got a long way to go imo.

I’m not sure if it’s fitness or if that’s kind of all we’re getting. He’s got a sort of awkward style and looks a bit off the pace at times. Think that might just be him. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not sure if it’s fitness or if that’s kind of all we’re getting. He’s got a sort of awkward style and looks a bit off the pace at times. Think that might just be him. 

I think that’s right. Those long legs are hard to get motoring fast but can be very effective. 

Only seen bits and bobs of the game on my phone today but he looked good, some nice lay offs and his header for the goal was excellent. 

• davemclaren locked this topic