Congratulations, Armand!

tartofmidlothian

quockerwodgerjambo
4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FS fans creaming themselves over a player scoring 2 goals in a game that was one level above junior football.

I'll wait until we're back in the premiership and see if he can score in that league before I get excited.

Did you not see how he was making sure his team mates knew what he wanted them to set up like. Or the way he made sure he was moving off the ball and chasing  o get up to speed.Reading the game watching how his opponents allowed him to wander. His actual positioning and timing are perfect, i would back him to score against any side in Scotland.

His skill set is wide and varied, that leap of his is going to send the chills through whoever is challenging him. A statement was made from him to us, i am here to rattle the back of the ****ing net many many many times.

He is our gift, if you don't want to enjoy him, well you can sit with that churned up nonsense on your own.

See ya.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• tartofmidlothian

• Hansel

• HMFC01

Great debut, i think with he will rip defences apart in this league. This will give him time to settle in and he will be up and running for our assualt on the top league next year. Can't wait to see him up against the world class defenders, hanlon and porteous, that our neighbours have

When do we play Dundee again cos I can't wait to see him wrestle osman sow & Charlie Adams,by putting them in their place. 

8 hours ago, lou said:

Don't you wish your striker was Gnanduillet 🎶🎶🎶

Spotted this on one of Blackpools forums last night..

20210127_055102.jpg

tartofmidlothian
34 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

20210127_055102.jpg

Hardly had any fans for their top scorer? That's strange.

7 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FS fans creaming themselves over a player scoring 2 goals in a game that was one level above junior football.

I'll wait until we're back in the premiership and see if he can score in that league before I get excited.

So 2 levels above junior football then

8 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I take it you've never watched a game of junior football . Some really good teams and football played at this level . especially in the  west coast . The teams that have moved up  like bonnyrigg and kelty are excellent examples

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A positive thread for a change. Yes what a debut, well done lad and welcome to The Famous :2thumbsup:

Looked pish. Needs emptied. 

Back to normality! 

Brighton Jambo
9 hours ago, lou said:

Don't you wish your striker was Gnanduillet 🎶🎶🎶

Whenever I see a post or a thread about starting a new song a small part of me dies inside as it’s nearly always a cringeworthy disaster.

But... that’s really good!  Take a bow!! 

9 hours ago, Homme said:

Couldn't have missed the first but his second was a lovely header into top bins.

Ive seen several Hearts players miss easier chances this season and indeed, in this game. If, just as simple chances had been taken against RR, we would have won 10-0! Both well taken goals and on his debut, playing only 20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Looked pish. Needs emptied. 

Back to normality! 

.......and blame Levien and Queen Anne?

4 hours ago, mayfield said:

gotta get out of this league first pal!

and goals are required sometimes to do that...

Exactly. Judging players in the league we are in is the only way we can judge them.

9 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

5 - 1

I'll reserve judgement until he can show he can do it on a cold winter evening away from home in front of a handful of spectators.

Second goal was a great header. As Neilson said after the game, it's about our players realising what his strengths are and playing to it. Balls into the box are surely top of the list. Not many will fancy beating him in the air when attacking it like his goal last night. 

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Hardly had any fans for their top scorer? That's strange.

I think he means there were hardly any fans at the games around the time he was there as they had only just stopped boycotting home games (issues with the owners) before the lockdown. 

Edited by The Apprentice

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'll reserve judgement until he can show he can do it on a cold winter evening away from home in front of a handful of spectators.

Ha! Nice

10 hours ago, Jason Dufner said:

5 year deal soon hopefully 

5 year deals don’t work as we’ve seen in the past the players know they can drop a level and they have a 5 year cushion. Would rather see a 3 year deal with the option of 2 more with a wage rise if they play well. 

Edited by spirt of 98

Anyone remember the Greek lad Tziolis who came on against SevCo and looked world class? 

I”ll remain calm until a dozen games and 30 goals :)

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Good start, needs to keep it going.

indeed.

all about consistency - both for him - and the whole team. 3-2 loss followed by 4-0 win.....

hopefully our blip is over and we march onwards

Another song idea :peepwall:

Everyone remembers The Lion Sleeps Tonight yeah? Good.

Down in Gorgie

The mighty Jamtarts

In Maroon and White

Across the other

Side of the city

The Hibs are f33king shite....

Weee ooo eee ooo Armand Gnanduillet

If this is not sung when fans get back, I’m out. 😆😆😆

Ex member of the SaS

For a striker to score two on his first game give him a great boost and immediately endears him to his fellow players. He will take a great lift from last night. 

19 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Down in Gorgie

The mighty Jamtarts

In Maroon and White

Across the other

Side of the city

given much of this would have to be sung falsetto, it's maybe one for the young squad to sing.... 

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, RoiK said:

He was clearly struggling at the end, but it looked more like tiredness to me. 

I did see him take a sore one.....looked a bit like a foot stamp.....he was banging his left foot down quite hard after the challenge, not saying that was it though.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

given much of this would have to be sung falsetto, it's maybe one for the young squad to sing.... 

I reckon someone with more time and talent than me should be able to do something with Jeux Sans Frontieres. Chorus scans perfectly.

Ar-mand Gnan-duill-et

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Down in Gorgie

The mighty Jamtarts

In Maroon and White

Across the other

Side of the city

Give us a "G" 🙌

..... maybe not :-)

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

c7a557c9e5b78344a2ea257f5e58d9e134907b346fcb87f44e0e19921b26a207.jpg

3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Second goal was a great header. As Neilson said after the game, it's about our players realising what his strengths are and playing to it. Balls into the box are surely top of the list. Not many will fancy beating him in the air when attacking it like his goal last night. 

When you look at the header, add his height plus he must have been at least 18 inches of the ground, that adds up to 8 feet when he made contact. There are not many defenders around that will cope with that.

3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

It sure as hell was.   I remember declaring that myself at the time. Several times I commented about how I marvelled at it.    That was just a debut as well.  🤣.   I can't wait to see him get up to speed. 

6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That was a great start. I know a Blackpool fan who says he’ll absolutely piss this league

Not fully fit,good all round ability,loves scoring goals,what's not to like about him! As one Blackpool fan said

Give him the service he will score Goals! Looking good!

9 hours ago, rubyruby said:

20210127_055102.jpg

The Jammies 🤔🤔

More of the same please. My only concern is now the expectation from the fans, remember he is only human!

I heard KC and the Sunshine Band on the radio today and got me thinking Armand Gnanduillet also has two then three syllables, same as Paulo Sergio. :wink:

Edited by Nobreath

24 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

More of the same please. My only concern is now the expectation from the fans, remember he is only human!

As long as he continues his average of two goals a game the fans will stick with him. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

As long as he continues his average of two goals a game the fans will stick with him. 

Surely his average is 6 goals a game.  2 goals in 30 minutes = 6 goals per game played so far.

Just now, RobNox said:

Surely his average is 6 goals a game.  2 goals in 30 minutes = 6 goals per game played so far.

That’s a very good point. I was letting him off lightly 👍

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Looks and sounds the part. Hasn't come in making big promises like Vanecek or Avdijaj.

Forgot all about this guy. 

Spew. 

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Spew. 

Sorry to bring back bad memories! 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Spew. 

Seems to be getting a game fairly regularly in the Eredivisie, hard as that is to believe. His team are bottom though

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

150AF99C-7CEC-4FF0-A64F-4C6809B51836.jpeg

Fair play for wearing short sleeves on a chilly night in Kirkcaldy so we can forgive the gloves. Even most of the Scots I the team seemed to be wearing long sleeve undershirts.

• davemclaren locked this topic