Up Helly Aa 2021

Boof

I had a series of meetings with various organisations across Shetland this week and last - general feeling was that there are still loads of tourists around, but hee haw for them to do as everything is shut.

Can you confirm Boof?

41 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I had a series of meetings with various organisations across Shetland this week and last - general feeling was that there are still loads of tourists around, but hee haw for them to do as everything is shut.

Can you confirm Boof?

I can confirm that tourists have been visiting Shetland throughout the pandemic. 

the amount of birdwatchers here, especially in summer, was ridiculous. All these posh English twats get there own flight up here and wander about likes ******s 

40 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Can you confirm Boof?

I can't confirm the number as my path of circulation is home-work-maybe shop if anything needed-home.

I can't even confirm that they'll be toiling to find something to do but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Tier 3 here (for now) and as I'm not even trying to go anywhere I couldn't say what's open.

Have been a few cars down to the beach near my house but not many touristy ones, I'd say.

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That’s going to give breweries a serious hit in profits. Ditto the folk festival. 

Too right. At least Lerwick and some of the country UHAs made it last year. This'll be the second Folk Festival we've gone without.

A tweet from January 2015 had this image of additional vitamin T shipped in by Tesco for that year's UHA. 

image.jpeg.2468d2e0d6ca0cc56b7d03ef7619152c.jpeg

1 hour ago, dozy dick the dooman said:

How is Couttsie these days ?

Jim?

Doing okay as far as I know. Don't really know him all that well - I'm more his bairns' ages :D 

I've wanted to attend this event for many years, hopefully it'll be on next year🤞 Same goes for traveling to Hjaltland by boat/ship, it's in my blood you know😀

7 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

I've wanted to attend this event for many years, hopefully it'll be on next year🤞 Same goes for traveling to Hjaltland by boat/ship, it's in my blood you know😀

It's now on my bucket list. And Reykjavik. Cannae wait. 

Edited by ri Alban

On 01/02/2021 at 06:52, ri Alban said:

It's now on my bucket list. And Reykjavik. Cannae wait. 

Iceland is great, they really know how to party over there.