need help

Sharpie

I tried to sync my wifes I Pad to my Imac.  Since then I have had nothing but problems, instead of getting my I mac to the I pad I seem to have done the opposite. I have now lost my e mails. I don't seem to be able to find a way to restore everything, on my PC I would do a reboot and that was it, but I Mac doesn't seem to just reboot. I suppose the answer is to take it somewhere and have it reprogrammed, of course I am also worried I may have been hacked. The only clue I have is that ev rything seems to be to the old information on the I Pad, I thought I could just somehow cancel the sync, but it does not tell how to do that. I bought the I mac in my daughters memory, as she was always telling me I should get an Apple product because they never got hacked and were the best, well Deb that hasn't worked out for Dad.

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I tried to sync my wifes I Pad to my Imac.  Since then I have had nothing but problems, instead of getting my I mac to the I pad I seem to have done the opposite. I have now lost my e mails. I don't seem to be able to find a way to restore everything, on my PC I would do a reboot and that was it, but I Mac doesn't seem to just reboot. I suppose the answer is to take it somewhere and have it reprogrammed, of course I am also worried I may have been hacked. The only clue I have is that ev rything seems to be to the old information on the I Pad, I thought I could just somehow cancel the sync, but it does not tell how to do that. I bought the I mac in my daughters memory, as she was always telling me I should get an Apple product because they never got hacked and were the best, well Deb that hasn't worked out for Dad.

Surely you're able to download the latest back up from I cloud to fix the Ipad?

I know almost nothing about macs. Sorry

20 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Surely you're able to download the latest back up from I cloud to fix the Ipad?

I know almost nothing about macs. Sorry

Actually the I pad had lain unc harged for a few months after my wife passed, I just recharged it and thought I could mebbe use it with my I mac. The funny thing is all the web pages and everything are working fine its just the e mail. My second e mail server has now gone to Google as a server and I think thats the problem and not the I Pad. Thanks for your reply though.

Edited by Sharpie

1 minute ago, kila said:

Who provides your email account?

Telus and Google, Telus have just moved in with Google,I filled out all the forms etc but looking on the 'net with the number of people with problems it was not a perfect move. Now I am even having a problem creating new e mail addresses.

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Telus and Google, Telus have just moved in with Google,I filled out all the forms etc but looking on the 'net with the number of people with problems it was not a perfect move. Now I am even having a problem creating new e mail addresses.

See if you can view your emails on the Telus webmail site: https://mail.google.com/a/telus.net

If so then just need to get the email client working right on your iPad/Mac again