Frank Lampard sacked

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Gerrard has done a very good job tbf. 

Think it says more about Lennon tbh plus the mammoth Sevco wage bill. 

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Too soon for him. Bad decision after one season at Derby....

3 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Lampard wasn't good enough to coach at that level. Having better players won him games, but he struggles tactically against a lot of the other managers in that league. 

It's not a coincidence that Chelsea hadn't won a game against a top 6/7/8 side this season.

Abramovich is ruthless, he's sacked Mourinho twice! Chelsea have remained competitive and won trophies through the entirety of his ownership though. It's hard to be overly critical of his methods.

Tough one. Frank is right to believe in himself. But he really hasn't shown much as a coach yet. 

I support Chelsea's approach. It's been successful though eventually you do have give people a bit of time. 

Frank does do well occasionally in games. Maybe 1 in 20. But he's out of his depth and badly exposed this season. Chelsea have looked clueless at times. That more than results has lost him his job. 

quockerwodgerjambo
44 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Bhoyhood fan Lampard. :lol:

3BF5DFAB-3F07-419D-8F7E-DBB709632759.jpeg

High-profile Rangers fan Frank Lampard has sealed a return to the club perhaps dearest to his heart – Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge club’s greatest ever goalscorer (despite being a midfielder) Lampard takes up the managerial hot seat in West London.

The 41-year-old was unveiled today as he replaces now Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri and looks to bring Premier League glory back to Chelsea.Speaking in the run-up to Rangers match with Panathinaikos on the road to the UEFA Cup Final, Frank was quoted in the Daily Record.

“I’m a Rangers fan and definitely feel they can get past Panathinaikos and into the next round,” said Lampard

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tough one. Frank is right to believe in himself. But he really hasn't shown much as a coach yet. 

I support Chelsea's approach. It's been successful though eventually you do have give people a bit of time. 

Frank does do well occasionally in games. Maybe 1 in 20. But he's out of his depth and badly exposed this season. Chelsea have looked clueless at times. That more than results has lost him his job. 

Chelsea knew his shortcomings when they hired him. He is still a rookie manager but a club legend so why not give him time?

This is a weird season with the pandemic going on - several teams could feasibly win the league. Look at where Liverpool are for example. For once, Abramovich should have showed some patience. 

6 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, but can he manage in the same league as Gerrard.

It has to be one or the other surely?

Underrated post.

5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Well know fact he was a Celtic fan as a kid growing up. 

Lol, I don't think so, not from what I was told.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Think it says more about Lennon tbh plus the mammoth Sevco wage bill. 

Gerrard is not up against lennon in Europe to be fair and has punched above his weight, and against teams with even bigger budgets in some cases.

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Lol, I don't think so, not from what I was told.

😂 little pre emptive by me. Thought I’d be seeing that in tomorrow’s Sheltic News.

13 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Gerrard is not up against lennon in Europe to be fair and has punched above his weight, and against teams with even bigger budgets in some cases.

Hes been lucky with the covid outbreaks in other euro sides but Sevco are paying him huge money. More than double Lennon's salary plus the player budget is getting on double Benfica's 20m euro. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

😂 little pre emptive by me. Thought I’d be seeing that in tomorrow’s Sheltic News.

Hey, you might still 😆

Who cares?  🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s wee big mouth.

He should have given up after the ‘star-gazing’.

7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, but can he manage in the same league as Gerrard.

It has to be one or the other surely?

:isee:

Having just read the thread backwards, this is a superb post!

It needs more recognition than it will probably receive.  

Normal then, for a good and clever post.

10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Over promoted, over rated and a knob.

I could not disagree more. Good lad, won the lot and hasn't been given a proper chance. Shite by Chelsea. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I could not disagree more. Good lad, won the lot and hasn't been given a proper chance. Shite by Chelsea. 

What's his tactical plan? What's been the Chelsea game plan? How would you assess the poor results? Eg Liverpool 0-2, Arsenal 1-3, Leicester 0-2 etc. How do you explain his team selection and positioning eg where Werner, Haverz have played on pitch (or on bench)?

Give us the plus points then. 

I like him and he always comes across very well imo

Not sure he was capable of assimilating all that attacking talent at Chelsea though. Too early for him

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

What's his tactical plan? What's been the Chelsea game plan? How would you assess the poor results? Eg Liverpool 0-2, Arsenal 1-3, Leicester 0-2 etc. How do you explain his team selection and positioning eg where Werner, Haverz have played on pitch (or on bench)?

Give us the plus points then. 

That is it in a nutshell.

All his plus points were as a club player.

I like him but he really has struggled in the manager role.

Got his team in the Champions League is the only plus.

Then again you could argue that was more to do with Leicester being rubbish once the league started again.

Hudson Odoi always looks the part when he comes on as a sub but never seems to start the next game.

23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Over promoted, over rated and a knob.

Amen, in fairness he was quite a good player with that horrible poisonous club called Chelsea.

5 hours ago, benny said:

Then again you could argue that was more to do with Leicester being rubbish once the league started again.

Hudson Odoi always looks the part when he comes on as a sub but never seems to start the next game.

Some plus considering Chelsea had a transfer embargo.

You do make a decent point in Leicester fecking up.

I do feel the job came too quick for him though. He couldn't turn it down.

Played by Abramovic here, put in someone the fans would back while they had the embargo.

5 hours ago, benny said:

The Hudson odoi point is a good one, I remember the media constantly having a go at Sarri for not giving him game time but lampard did not get the same hounding

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Played by Abramovic here, put in someone the fans would back while they had the embargo.

Interesting point.

Waiting for someone like Tuchel. 

Fort Vallance

As if it wasn't bad enough being on the dole. He's going to be sitting about the house all day with Christine. 

Edited by Fort Vallance
Spelling

On 25/01/2021 at 14:31, DG_HMFC said:

Screenshot_20210125-143046_Twitter.jpg

Don't forget his missus' background. She's a prod from Newtonards. That would go down well with the knuckledraggers - especially if things aren't going well. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

think they still managed to sign a 50 million player though.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 25/01/2021 at 13:32, Stu_HMFC said:

Lampard will not be out of management long was always going to happen . 

Palace would be ideal for him when Roy decides to call it a day. 

When Roy calls it a day? What age will lampard be in 2089?