Frank Lampard sacked

Selkirkhmfc1874

Knew this day would come. I don't think the guys a bad coach though just not someone that could make Chelsea a top 3 team at this stage in his management career.

• davemclaren changed the title to Frank Lampard sacked

Lampard will not be out of management long was always going to happen . 

Palace would be ideal for him when Roy decides to call it a day. 

5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good luck to whoever comes in , quite like Lampard hope he goes on to stuff Ibrahmovich’s Chelsea.

He comes across the complete opposite of john Terry.  Very level headed guy for what he has achieved.   Also got a brain on him.  

Just now, Captain Lithuania said:

How long before he’s linked with Celtic?

They'll be odds for him getting the job after your post.  That'll give the Scottish press a two page spread   

Just now, Auldbenches said:

He comes across the complete opposite of john Terry.  Very level headed guy for what he has achieved.   Also got a brain on him.  

Agree, his dad was a decent football player as well, and his uncle ‘arry has got a dug with a decent bank account 😜

Neil Dongcaster

Pretty nice statement from Roman. Lampard is about to become a father again so I’d expect him to hang around London waiting for his next job.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

19 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good luck to whoever comes in , quite like Lampard hope he goes on to stuff Ibrahmovich’s Chelsea.

Tuchel lined up

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think he is a good manager in the making but maybe another case where managing a club you played for isn't always all it is cracked up to be with added pressure on top.

Man U might be glad now though that they gave a former player time which I think Lampard would have shown too but we all know Chelsea!

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Tuchel lined up

I was just thinking, he will need to sort out his team , but his boss will just throw squillions at him.🤷🏼‍♂️

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I feel he might be suited to Newcastle but the press up here will be interested in selling copy.

manaliveits105

Gerrard using Rangers as a stepping stone to big English teams - Lampard already there he would have no interest in the plastic paddys and all their baggage 

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

the bookies will do that drop sly hints here and there it's how they make their shekels. First Eddie Howe loads bet on him, then Rafa Benitez loads on him now probably Frank Lampard close the betting and some other wally will be the favourite. No brainer

43 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Been sacked by Chelsea

Too soon for him. Bad decision after one season at Derby....

kingantti1874

Too early for him.. that said I don’t think he should have been binned.  Man U could easily have sacked OGS at the start of November 

Ridiculous decision and sums up Chelsea and the modern game. Got them into the Champions League despite transfer ban. Should have got more time.

Fort Vallance

Interesting to see if he's got as much to say as he did when his old man got the sack. I'm guessing the payoff or confidentiality clause might keep him quiet. 

Right guy, wrong time. Think he'll go on to be a decent manager but it was the right decision to end it. I'd argue they probably shouldn't have started it though either, and that's as much on him as the club. Certainly a shame though for him, the fans and the club that it didn't work.

Spent a fortune in the summer but the defence was the issue which hasn’t been improved. German manager to come in and get the best out of havertz and werner

39 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Yeah, but can he manage in the same league as Gerrard.

It has to be one or the other surely?

Pretty sure it was not Lampard who chose the summer signings, and also doubt the foreign players were quite as wowed by Lampard as a coaching prospect as the Premiership players and pundits were. Add to this that his young English players were the ones who had to make way for the expensive summer signings and he quickly lost the dressing room. 

Too big a job coming too early in his career.

Needs to go and do a solid job at somewhere like Crystal Palace or West Ham for a few years now.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Spent a fortune in the summer but the defence was the issue which hasn’t been improved. German manager to come in and get the best out of havertz and werner

Not sure I agree. Chillwell, Mendy and Silva are a significant upgrade defensively on what they had. The issue wasn't personnel, it was playing the right mix of them. They looked solid for a long period of time with James, Zouma, Silva and Chillwell in from of Mendy. Losing James to injury was a blow but the recent omission of Zouma was just weird and they looked much worse for it.

Edited by Taffin

49 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Yip, quite like Lampard. 

Comes across as a decent guy. 

From what I've heard Lampard is an intelligent guy, unlike Gerrard. Do not see him at Celtic though. John Terry would take the Celtic job, loves em. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Well know fact he was a Celtic fan as a kid growing up. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

From what I've heard Lampard is an intelligent guy, unlike Gerrard. Do not see him at Celtic though. John Terry would take the Celtic job, loves em. 

I think Gerrard has done a very good job tbf. 

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They'd know TBF - The Sun is Celtic's inhouse media as much as the Record is Rangers...

The same paper tweeted this morning that Rafa Benitez was to be appointed as Celtic manager 🤣 

19 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Screenshot_20210125-143046_Twitter.jpg

:rofl: :clap: :facepalm:

Are they sure he's good enough for them? His teeth are not yellow so who knows eh?

16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They'd know TBF - The Sun is Celtic's inhouse media as much as the Record is Rangers...

Either will print any s***e so long as it's lapped up by their readers.

34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure I agree. Chillwell, Mendy and Silva are a significant upgrade defensively on what they had. The issue wasn't personnel, it was playing the right mix of them. They looked solid for a long period of time with James, Zouma, Silva and Chillwell in from of Mendy. Losing James to injury was a blow but the recent omission of Zouma was just weird and they looked much worse for it.

I was meaning more central defence. We showed on Saturday that doesn’t matter if full backs are decent if all over the place at the back. Silva best days are behind and zouma, rusiger not good enough 

Lampard wasn't good enough to coach at that level. Having better players won him games, but he struggles tactically against a lot of the other managers in that league. 

It's not a coincidence that Chelsea hadn't won a game against a top 6/7/8 side this season.

Abramovich is ruthless, he's sacked Mourinho twice! Chelsea have remained competitive and won trophies through the entirety of his ownership though. It's hard to be overly critical of his methods.

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was meaning more central defence. We showed on Saturday that doesn’t matter if full backs are decent if all over the place at the back. Silva best days are behind and zouma, rusiger not good enough 

I rated Rudiger but he's been awful for ages, would fetch a decent fee and they should be looking to bank that. Zouma, agreed, not where we want to be but had been doing a decent job. Definitely think the options open at the back are better than last year though. Tomori going out is a weird one for me. Him, Zouma and Silva are the three I'd have been playing/rotating between. 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I rated Rudiger but he's been awful for ages, would fetch a decent fee and they should be looking to bank that. Zouma, agreed, not where we want to be but had been doing a decent job. Definitely think the options open at the back are better than last year though. Tomori going out is a weird one for me. Him, Zouma and Silva are the three I'd have been playing/rotating between. 

Right about tomori. Good article in the athletic about what went wrong. They knew a few weeks ago that lampard was on the verge of try sack 

I know quite a few real Chelsea supporters and their not particularly pleased with this decision at all. 

Mad Roman oot.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Pretty sure it was not Lampard who chose the summer signings, and also doubt the foreign players were quite as wowed by Lampard as a coaching prospect as the Premiership players and pundits were. Add to this that his young English players were the ones who had to make way for the expensive summer signings and he quickly lost the dressing room. 

Too big a job coming too early in his career.

Needs to go and do a solid job at somewhere like Crystal Palace or West Ham for a few years now.

More chance of you or me getting the West Ham job than Lampard.

Irons fans might have to change the words of the song to One man and a fork lift truck couldn't carry Lampard and his crates of payoff cash. 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Gerrard using Rangers as a stepping stone to big English teams - Lampard already there he would have no interest in the plastic paddys and all their baggage 

This.

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Pretty nice statement from Roman. Lampard is about to become a father again so I’d expect him to hang around London waiting for his next job.

Agreed! Nice statement indeed. 

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Has a good dad.

7 weeks ago his team were set to go top of the league

Now he's gone with I'm sure a large pay off

It's the Chelsea way under Abramovich who pays lip service to the Chelsea legend status that Lampard holds

When he signed on you would have thought he had a couple of full seasons to get things moving especially under the transfer embargo of last season.

The money spent last summer increased the pressure on him but who knows who selected the players signed.....no matter what he was expected to deliver if not the title then at least top 4 (doing so last season did not help him ironically)

I think many thought when appointed change was afoot as to how Chelsea were to be run but Abramovich has reverted to type and it looks like the future will be the same as the recent past with regular change of management.

No new manger can pretend he does not know what the future holds for him

Frank will need to decide if management is for him especially after nailing his colours so clearly to Chelsea...how will other clubs fans feel about him if he was appointed at their club ?

He's young, intelligent and money will not be an issue so there will be options open to him....time to take a step back, spend time with his family and see just how he feels in a few months