Budge is the problem

i8hibsh

2 hours ago, williamgerrard said:

we should be doing what teams like aberdeen do and build up a good core of a team right now we have decent team  this is our strongest team once fit .We should be looking to add better quality players to improve this team     

gordon

smith  soutar  hallket  kingsley

gms   Haring  irving   ginnelly

boyce  naisy 

Agree that’s our best 11. We should play them from start every game (if fit). No one else gets a look-in unless they earn it coming on after game is won. That might put some hunger back in the under-achievers. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Hashimoto

2 hours ago, franco2209 said:

We all know that this is what is missing, only problem is Neilson's failure to articulate this to the team.....or maybe he just doesn't see it.

We have got major problems if he cant😧.

3 hours ago, jambogemz said:

How have the club addressed the concerns and issues raised by posters like I8 and Dusk? I mean surely they've taken these concerns to the club? Right? 

Little point in making faceless complaints on a forum if your not going to take it further. 

I have it on good authority that, although AB does not read JKB, most or all of the other members of the management team do so.  They will be well aware of the opinions expressed on this forum.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, franco2209 said:

and there lies the problem, producing the goods when we feel like it,that kind of apathetic mindset is prevalent throughout the club .

Really isn't. The investment on infrastructure and now on players like Gordon, Smith,  Kingsley and Mackay Steven suggest exactly the opposite. 

However people do feel the need to get hysterical these days 

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have it on good authority that, although AB does not read JKB, most or all of the other members of the management team do so.  They will be well aware of the opinions expressed on this forum.

I hope someone does. Although not perfect, JKB is a pretty good measure of supporter opinion.   

Just now, Sid said:

Agree that’s our best 11. We should play them from start every game (if fit). No one else gets a look-in unless they earn it coming on after game is won. That might put some hunger back in the under-achievers. 

Sid you get it mate you wouldn't start with Rudi or Robbo on the bench and lets see how the game pans out strongest starting eleven always and if they win always keep the same team if possible

alwaysthereinspirit
16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Hopefully they realize opinions are like @$$ holes.....

quockerwodgerjambo
20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

True

Our problem is that central defence and central midfield has let us down consistently for almost three seasons. Budge has supported all her managers in the market and has now appointed a sporting director. What exactly would another owner achieve on the pitch?

Toxteth O'Grady
12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Interesting - They must do something to fill their time I guess. There are far too many people employed that I think we wouldn’t miss if they weren’t. 

Apart from pissing off the fans with the season ticket debacle what has the faceless guy CEO done? I can’t even remember his name.

Do we have sports scientists? We don’t look any fitter than part timers we have played. And we have players who are always injured.

Recruitment and Scouts - rarely a decent signing let alone a good find. Is John Murray still there?

The squad of wifies in the office - what do they do? 

Academy - there is nothing coming through - average age of yesterday’s  team 31? We’d be as well scrapping it.

JJ and Lockie - PHM but are they really needed.

How many directors take a salary when it is clear they couldn’t direct traffic? 

quockerwodgerjambo
20 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I really hope we are starting to wake up.

Oh dear, you have been solid on your stance regarding the Ann Budge era. Never moved away from your podium here. In fairness to you some of your comments have been fair enough, you have been called all sorts of names here because of the other comments you make. This thread topic has been written to fade out by you.

Nothing is left to be said.

Deal with it.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Our problem is that central defence and central midfield has let us down consistently for almost three seasons. Budge has supported all her managers in the market and has now appointed a sporting director. What exactly would another owner achieve on the pitch?

Yip. 

Good sensible post. 

Do folk want Savage sacked already as well because of past failings, or give it a chance? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Good sensible post. 

Do folk want Savage sacked already as well because of past failings, or give it a chance? 

Not sure what others want but people need the chance at any job. We kept CL too long and fans blame AB for that. For me that’s in the past, see how RN and the new SD do and take it from there. Not buying the budge has instilled a certain type of mentality in the club chat. 

51 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

No disrespect, if that's true then how the hell did Levein the Impostor last SO long (I'm speaking rhetorically) only to be replaced with the unambitious appointment of RN. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

For the record I don't expect to win every game and never once in my life have I said so.  With the players we have and being at home I expected to beat Raith ****ing Rovers.  We are beating the proper diddies in this league but are coming up short versuse those around us.  We are failing miserably on the field under Budge and there is not one valid argument to be heard from the defence.

Apart from Budge becoming nothing more than sourcing free money into the club and handing all football responsibilities to other people.

we’re failing so badly on the pitch that we’re top of the league

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Apart from pissing off the fans with the season ticket debacle what has the faceless guy CEO done? I can’t even remember his name.

Great point this. Seems to spend his whole time hiding. Mind you, a Budge appointment so the chances of him being dynamic was zero.

2 hours ago, andi17 said:

Sid you get it mate you wouldn't start with Rudi or Robbo on the bench and lets see how the game pans out strongest starting eleven always and if they win always keep the same team if possible

Hope he has learned his lesson from this. Bit of an issue is Naismith and Astro. (And there’s a few of them in this League). He needs to play to be sharp. He plays on Astro he risks getting injured. Not ideal to get a settled 11. 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Apart from Budge becoming nothing more than sourcing free money into the club and handing all football responsibilities to other people.

With our resources,  top of the league is the minimum requirement, it’s how we play that is concerning people along with the absolute crap  signing policy that has been allowed to happen over several years 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Yes we are top, however I and many others are more concerned with motivation and commitment. We are winning enough to stay top and should win the league quite easily. BUT if the team are happy to play like they did first half then something stinks and as fans we want it sorted.

22 hours ago, tian447 said:

Reads thread title.

Reads username of the OP. 

tenor.gif

I started reading the posts on this thread until I got to this one - tian, you're 100% spot on mate, bravo.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

When they are bored with OK, Grazia, Hello and Bella?

23 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The denial that Ann is to some significant extent to blame for where we are and the football we have been watching for more than a year is worrying.

And of course I am a Hibbie locked out of Hibs.net!

She is proportionate to the blame, but no more than the players who are paid to do nothing but play to the best of their ability and to justify their wages.  This is the same team that came within 2 penalty kicks of winning the SC.  If we’re going to criticise then we also need to give credit when things click.  

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

She is proportionate to the blame, but no more than the players who are paid to do nothing but play to the best of their ability and to justify their wages.  This is the same team that came within 2 penalty kicks of winning the SC.  If we’re going to criticise then we also need to give credit when things click.  

Exactly. Did Budge miss the chances Ginnelly fluffed which would have won us the cup, or the two penalties missed? Is she responsible for Liam Boyce seemingly leaving his shooting boots in Burton upon Trent? Did she play out of her skin in goal for Raith yesterday? We're not going to win every game but we're easily the best team in the league which is all we need to be this season.

AB has her critics.   They are entitled to an opinion.   To those I would ask:

(1) Since the late 1950's, how many times have HMFC won the top division?

(2) If AB had not stepped forward with her loan, do you think HMFC would still exist?

(3) Since the arrival of AB are all non-paying staff of HMFC better paid?

(4) Since AB's arrival, is HMFC as a whole better run fiscally?

(5) Since the arrival of AB, has any other club in any league in the UK not lost a game?

16 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

(2) If AB had not stepped forward with her loan, do you think HMFC would still exist?

(5) Since the arrival of AB, has any other club in any league in the UK not lost a game?

Do you really think folk that are unhappy with Budge really expect to win every single game?

Put it simply, have we underperformed for the last 4 seasons? We have had 4 mangers in this time which suggests yes and the person picking them doesn't really know what they're doing. 

If budge announced tomorrow that she was done and leaving the club, would you think it was a success? Personally I wouldn't. I'll always be thankful for her stepping up when needed up but that doesn't mean to say I think she's done a particularly good job since. 

Edited by Ari Gold

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Do you really think folk that are unhappy with Budge really expect to win every single game?

Put it simply, have we underperformed for the last 4 seasons? We have had 4 mangers in this time which suggests yes and the person picking them doesn't really know what they're doing. 

Yes I do think there are people on here who expect Hearts to win every game.   I imagine it is a Board decision who manages our club, not simply AB.   Perhaps we need to create a position of 'New Manager Selector' as you are not happy with the current set up.

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes I do think there are people on here who expect Hearts to win every game.   I imagine it is a Board decision who manages our club, not simply AB.   Perhaps we need to create a position of 'New Manager Selector' as you are not happy with the current set up.

Have we underperformed for 4 seasons in a row prior to this one? 

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

As we have not won the league since the 50's we have under performed every season since then.

It's a simple yes or no question which you don't seem to be answering. 

21 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Not trying to pick an argument here but the questions here are loaded and my answers would still be the same even if we ended up in a lower division. I'm no AB hater but since her 'watch' performances in the main have been unaspiring and given her role she needs to accept some responsibility. 

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

Depends what you mean by under performed.  You have not answered any of my 5 questions!   

We have underperformed to what we have publicly stated to be aiming for and budgeted for. Or do you think we have reached our goals? 

Your questions -

1. Nobody expects us to win the top league. Don't see what that has to do with Budge? Nodoby is criticising budge for not winning the premiership. 

2. Probably not. As I said (in my edited reply) I'm thankful for her stepping up. Doesn't mean she is immune for criticism. 

3. Good for them.

4. Turnover is up. We still waste millions of £. 

5. As I've said previously, literally no one expects this. 

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Oh come on. Do you really think.Ann is just one voice on the Board or that the Board has ever overruled her on anything?

Francis Albert
54 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Ann is rightfully open to criticism. She really doesn't deserve that level of support. I mean Q5?

i cant but love her for saving the club but she is not acting in the clubs best interest at this time, in the same way Neilson feels he has to play Frear because he brought him to the club therefore has to justify his buy, she brought Neilson to the club so he's her blue eyed boy and is above criticism.

8 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

i cant but love her for saving the club but she is not acting in the clubs best interest at this time, in the same way Neilson feels he has to play Frear because he brought him to the club therefore has to justify his buy, she brought Neilson to the club so he's her blue eyed boy and is above criticism.

I’d argue that Frear played on Sat because he had a decent game and scored the week before. You’re only as good as your last game.  Roberts has hardly kicked a ball and is on a longer contract with no doubt a bigger wage.  If your logic is correct, then why isn’t he playing every week?

19 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't think Jesus Holds a UEFA A Licence unfortunately.

I’m sure his dad could do something about that.

Knows a lot of people and has great contacts.

10 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Budge came in with a promise of prudence. 

There was to be a wage structure that they wouldn’t go above.

The academy was going to be the future.

The wages are out of control and the amount of players signed since 2014 must be a runaway club record (maybe even a Scottish record).

9 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Frear and Roberts are straight out of the Levein book.

We’re told to expect great things. What we get is a another round of nobody’s.

Apparently this Walsall dude is ‘unplayable’. Well, Robbie, we’re already coming down with unplayable players.

Unplayable! Don’t make me laugh.

5 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Frear and Roberts are straight out of the Levein book.

We’re told to expect great things. What we get is a another round of nobody’s.

Apparently this Walsall dude is ‘unplayable’. Well, Robbie, we’re already coming down with unplayable players.

Unplayable! Don’t make me laugh.

Did Robbie say he was unplayable?

Budge and Romaonv are two sides of the same coin.

Both have gotten a lot wrong but without them we wouldnt be here.

Obviously due to saving the club they should get a certain amount of leeway with the fans, Vlad's ran out by the end, Budge's is going that way too.

Budge's biggest mistake was sticking with CL for so long as we're still seeing the effects of that.

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Robbie say he was unplayable?

I don’t know if he did, Dave? However, there was a headline in the Evening News (several days ago) claiming he was ‘unplayable’.

Will you forgive my well earned cynicism?

These threads will never change or solve anything.

Fundamentally there are two camps:

Camp 1 - Budge has overseen a very poor period on the pitch. She's done this by choosing safe, bland options to lead the football department. Camp 1 would like to see a bolder approach and a focus of the entire club onto the first team with a belief that we should be near the top spots of the top league given our financial position.

Camp 2 - Think Budge can do no wrong and appreciate the way she has elevated other parts of the club, even if it's been to the detriment of the first team. They are happy to be served up whatever manager she chooses and stick with them regardless of results with the optimistic view that 'tomorrow will be a better day'. Because Camp 1 cannot name the new manager they want, Camp 2 takes this as there isn't a better one out there.

It just goes round and round in circles but evidently more and more people start to drop into Camp 1. The end outcome is eventually there are a handful of people standing with budge clapping a first round defeat in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup whilst everyone else just needs to 'see the bigger picture'.

Edited by Taffin

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Camp 1 - Budge has overseen a very poor period on the pitch. She's done this by choosing safe, bland options to lead the football department. Camp 1 would like to see a bolder approach and a focus of the entire club onto the first team with a belief that we should be near the top spots of the top league given our financial position.

Camp 2 - Think Budge can do wrong and appreciate the way she has elevated other parts of the club, even if it's been to the detriment of the first team. They are happy to be served up whatever manager she chooses and stick with them regardless of results with the optimistic view that 'tomorrow will be a better day'. Because Camp 1 cannot name the new manager they want, Camp 2 takes this as there isn't a better one out there.

It just goes round and round in circles but evidently more and more people start to drop into Camp 1. The end outcome is eventually there are a handful of people standing with budge clapping a first round defeat in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup whilst everyone else just needs to 'see the bigger picture'.

I'm entrenched in Camp 1 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’d argue that Frear played on Sat because he had a decent game and scored the week before. You’re only as good as your last game.  Roberts has hardly kicked a ball and is on a longer contract with no doubt a bigger wage.  If your logic is correct, then why isn’t he playing every week?

Even Neilson can see how bad he is, that's how bad he is.

33 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Budge came in with a promise of prudence. 

There was to be a wage structure that they wouldn’t go above.

The academy was going to be the future.

The wages are out of control and the amount of players signed since 2014 must be a runaway club record (maybe even a Scottish record).

Apart from letting the wages get out of control she also got rid of the bonus system, so that players got paid much the same win, lose or draw.

If she was as financially competent as some think there would have been no reason to delay FOH takeover for 'accounting reasons'.

52 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I don’t know if he did, Dave? However, there was a headline in the Evening News (several days ago) claiming he was ‘unplayable’.

Will you forgive my well earned cynicism?

Yep, I think because so many players have been disappointing over the last few years cynicism has become endemic. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Camp 2 - Think Budge can do no wrong and appreciate the way she has elevated other parts of the club, even if it's been to the detriment of the first team. They are happy to be served up whatever manager she chooses and stick with them regardless of results with the optimistic view that 'tomorrow will be a better day'. Because Camp 1 cannot name the new manager they want, Camp 2 takes this as there isn't a better one out there.

I can think of two managers that weren't safe - personally, one a bit bland, the other far from it.  

Camp 2, sweeping assumptions that anyone who defends her is happy with what's happening.  JKB simplistic, inaccurate postulating.

PS Sorry if this is "boring."

Edited by colinmaroon