Budge is the problem

i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I reckon an unborn baby understands football more than Budge.

Does it depend on wether its a male or female baby 😉

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Hashimoto

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I really hope we are starting to wake up.

You're puttin' me to sleep with your monotonous repetition. 

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Try to post when sober, at least I hope it's just the drink.

Been bolloxed all day.

been here before
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Serious question for the OP. Have you ever played competitive football at any level?

He posted a while back he's putting  XXL clothes to some use so Im thinking its safe to say if he has, its been a while.

Just now, sadj said:

Does it depend on wether its a male or female baby 😉

I would never assume their gender.  

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I've this vision of old Granny Budgie tucked up beneath her tartan travel rug in front of a roaring fire with a mug of Horlicks being woken up to be told Hearts lost, only to fall back off to land of nod 2 minutes later, dreaming of turning Tynecastle into food bank. 

Look until we are out of this pandemic and the Championship we need Budge’s money and her pals money!

So suck it up guys!

Just now, Thomaso said:

Look until we are out of this pandemic and the Championship we need Budge’s money and her pals money!

So suck it up guys!

Let’s not bring reality into it...

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Serious question for the OP. Have you ever played competitive football at any level?

I would think no - but as far as I am aware I don’t believe Mrs Budge has either. 🤔

We have been shit for years now and now find ourselves in the Championship getting beaten by ****ing raith

At what point do we say budge has failed? It’s all well and good building shiney new stands and having good financial security but ultimately this is about football. No point in all the other stuff if the stuff on offer is turgid crap. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I've this vision of old Granny Budgie tucked up beneath her tartan travel rug in front of a roaring fire with a mug of Horlicks being woken up to be told Hearts lost, only to fall back off to land of nod 2 minutes later, dreaming of turning Tynecastle into food bank. 

Do you take drugs to get these visions? 

She failed to do the honourable thing and fall on her sword after the legal action achieved nothing. Lost a lot of respect for her after that.

Her judgement on footballing matters is consistently dismal and after letting down the fans with her unquestioning loyalty to the idiot Levein, she gave us Levein 2.0 - Robbie Neilson. In footballing terms, our team is probably worse than when she took over. That really takes some spectacular incompetence.

The sooner she's gone, the better and hopefully we can get some fresh coaches, fresh ideas and a new team. Massive changes are needed.

17 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You forgot to add

"Only for Ann to wake up on a Sunday morning after having had this dream...... Why don't I get Robbie back!"

Ann slips back into slumber with a contented smile on her face....thinking....All is well!

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Poor effort - must try harder. Expecting much more from you.

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

She failed to do the honourable thing and fall on her sword after the legal action achieved nothing. Lost a lot of respect for her after that.

Her judgement on footballing matters is consistently dismal and after letting down the fans with her unquestioning loyalty to the idiot Levein, she gave us Levein 2.0 - Robbie Neilson. In footballing terms, our team is probably worse than when she took over. That really takes some spectacular incompetence.

The sooner she's gone, the better and hopefully we can get some fresh coaches, fresh ideas and a new team. Massive changes are needed.

Er, didn’t we just get some fresh coaches, ideas and new players in the last few months?

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Not any more,  there has been significant changes.  We have a CEO and a SD in place.    Budge has been reducing her responsibilities for a while now.    We are where we are of course and she’s made mistakes but she’s managing herself out doesn’t want the remit she had before.    We need to move on from this Budge rhetoric.    I am concerned too,   My main concern is whether we have the right manager, as there’s been a clear issue with motivation and application from what is easily the strongest squad in this league.    

We've had the motivational (lack of) chat for the last few years with pretty much all our so-called managers. I'm of the opinion it's not so much down to that but more the point the majority of the "players" we've signed since our "resurrection" have been pure and simply, crap. (and it's still happening)

The various, one in particular, managers obviously have to carry the can for that fiasco, too though.

Imagine losing to each of the 3 sides directly below us in this tinpot league with no signs of any real progress after 5 years of this garbage.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Er, didn’t we just get some fresh coaches, ideas and new players in the last few months?

No, we got a rehashed manager and lots of journeymen players.

haveyouheard1874
18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So suck it up guys!

Correct

It is the fact we continue to bend over and lube ourselves up at Tynecastle since she came in too. ****ing pathetic. We are fair game at home. Matters not if you are Birkirkara, Hamilton, Raith or St Mirren, we will be their bitches.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is the fact we continue to bend over and lube ourselves up at Tynecastle since she came in too. ****ing pathetic. We are fair game at home. Matters not if you are Birkirkara, Hamilton, Raith or St Mirren, we will be their bitches.

We’ve lost one home match this season. 

17 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The legal action was backed by the vast majority of the support even though it would in all likelihood fail, especially when it was passed to SFA arbitration. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

You're puttin' me to sleep with your monotonous repetition. 

He could make a fortune, and buy the club 😱

Ann Budge has done wonders and I’m very grateful as the majority are.  Unfortunately she has made the wrong call on recruiting managers for a variety of reasons. She’s been badly let down, ill advised and made some bad calls herself.

Robbie will likely get us up but there’s worrying signs for me.

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ann Budge has done wonders and I’m very grateful as the majority are.  Unfortunately she has made the wrong call on recruiting managers for a variety of reasons. She’s been badly let down, ill advised and made some bad calls herself.

Robbie will likely get us up but there’s worrying signs for me.

Getting us up is the immediate target. If he ha doesn’t achieve that he fails. 

I'm starting to now hope budge moves on at the end of this season, I think we need someone fresh with new ideas as the chairman/chairwoman who can take the club in a different direction and move us forward, it's clear that is not happening under budge now, In the six years under her reign, She has delivered a new stand and other facilities that have helped grow the clubs revenue off the field and has helped us gain financial stability as a club also i will always be grateful to her for helping the club in it's hour of need and helping with the foh scheme in the beginning, Her legacy will be transferring the club over to the fans.

However on the park we have been an utter disaster over the last 4 years! Yes we won the championship and finished 3rd in our first and second season, However since then it has been nothing short of awful, I know this is old ground but she put far too much trust in Levein and his 5 year plan took the club right back to where it started in the championship, We have reached 2 cup finals in that time, One against the worst Celtic team in god knows how long, Yet we have 0 major trophies, Something has to give, We have to start improving, If she is not careful she might be blindly putting the same faith in Neilson as she did levein and it might be another vicious cycle, I think it is now time for her to move on as the club is going backwards now imo, I hope us going back up to the premiership is the last thing she does as it would be a good way for her to leave the club on good terms.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

🤦‍♂️

Not a big fan of the OP but Budge does get an easy ride. 

The way last season ended took any pressure away from Budge and put the anger towards the SPFL. 

Overall I'd say her ownership and running of the club has been a failure based on the last 5 or so years. 

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The legal action was backed by the vast majority of the support even though it would in all likelihood fail, especially when it was passed to SFA arbitration. 

As much as I may disagree with some of her actions I thought she did well to challenge the corruptness and I don't think I'm alone in that view, I thought that was one thing a vast majority of us agreed on!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Mrs Budge has run the buisness side of the football club well but has been badly let down by the football department in the main since robbie left first time.

Every manager at Hearts has been given the money to buy players etc but have mostly wasted it so in my opinion we need to watch what we wish for here .

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Could go. Doesnt go

Can afford to go. Doesnt go.

Contributes nothing to the club.

Stopped FOH subs.

Boycotting the retail side.

Encorages others to likewise.

Uses iffy streams rather than pay Hearts for a stream.

Doesnt even pay a penny here.

But bleats like **** cos he's no happy.

Bless.

Deflection from asking the real questions. Is Ann Budge culture to blame for us being so shite over the past few years. 

It's a genuine question that needs addressed. 

We have been honking under her leadership. 

It starts from the very top. 

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Aye she didn't have a very good game today.  Should have played her on the wing

Please be on the left, that would turn i8s brain to... Forget it, it has already.  

We should have scored about 8 today, but didn't. Shite happens. 

9 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Deflection from asking the real questions. Is Ann Budge culture to blame for us being so shite over the past few years. 

No, we were shite with CL as manager. Robbie cantered the championship (And will again) and left us in second before he felt he had to go. 

been here before
36 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Its not deflection but if the question comes from someone like the OP whose still in the midst of a spoiled little brat like, 3 year foot stamping hissy fit who chooses to contribute not one shiney penny to the club, then it doesnt deserve answering.

1 hour ago, gator said:

As much as I may disagree with some of her actions I thought she did well to challenge the corruptness and I don't think I'm alone in that view, I thought that was one thing a vast majority of us agreed on!

I also agreed with the legal action.

It failed though and we lost our premiership place on her watch. 

That's when she should have resigned IMO. That was the time to start afresh.

Since the transfer of ownership to FoH should have happened - and with no credible reason why it couldn't have happened - Budge has restructured the executive running the club with McKinley coming in.  And has restructured the football 'department' with Savage and Neilson.

These should have been decisions for what should be the owners of the club.

The first opportunity to protest against the desperately poor running of the club in the last few seasons and FoH's unwillingness to take over the club is to vote against the re-election of Donald Cumming to the FoH Board.

Leveins Battalion

Ann Budge is a 100% a major problem.

Thanks for the stand but 5 years of absolute misery watching our football team.

The state of our squad is embarrassing,we’re miles off being a top 6 club.

27 minutes ago, Coco said:

Since the transfer of ownership to FoH should have happened - and with no credible reason why it couldn't have happened - Budge has restructured the executive running the club with McKinley coming in.  And has restructured the football 'department' with Savage and Neilson.

These should have been decisions for what should be the owners of the club.

The first opportunity to protest against the desperately poor running of the club in the last few seasons and FoH's unwillingness to take over the club is to vote against the re-election of Donald Cumming to the FoH Board.

FoH will never have any real say in who becomes manager or if/when a manager gets the sack.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

One prerogative for this season. Get promoted.

A very difficult thing to achieve 1st time round which has been proved with factual evidence time and time again.

So, how are we doing, oh look......top of the league with all criteria being fulfilled.

A wee added bonus is losing every now and again just to give the space cadets something to howl at the moon about. 

Remember how embarrassing it was for the club last time we were top of the league and sacked a manager. 

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

One prerogative for this season. Get promoted.

A very difficult thing to achieve 1st time round which has been proved with factual evidence time and time again.

So, how are we doing, oh look......top of the league with all criteria being fulfilled.

A wee added bonus is losing every now and again just to give the space cadets something to howl at the moon about. 

Remember how embarrassing it was for the club last time we were top of the league and sacked a manager. 

For the more astute football fans among us, we can see where Robbie’s mindset and tactics will lead us and we look beyond this season and see us getting schooled by much better teams than Raith Rovers. 

Time to be brave and move him on  I am sure whoever is relegated from the SPL will take him on. Maybe his best mates at St Mirren. 

Biggest problem i have is after all these years. We have pumped going on 11 million pound into our club and we as fans still don't own our club! So much money has been miss managed. 

9 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Not often I agree with poster. But do 100% agree with this. Budge is a problem. No project she has started has been completed or without problems. Thats stadium, pitch and football side of things. Have spent millions doing it too.

Very good point about no project ever being completed.  Also says one thing and does the other.  Says we would get director of football first and then does the opposite.  

Stendel gave up his wages for the club and she doesn't even let him know he is being replaced.   

What on the football side of things has she done right?

We are into the 7th year of her in charge and she hasn't gotten one thing right on the football side.  

If it wasn't for the foh donations and the benefactors, we'd be a badly run club. 

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Reads thread title.

Reads username of the OP. 

tenor.gif

Exactly. Can't believe any Hearts fan gives that sad troll the time of day.

I've admired and supported Ann Budge since day one. I still think what she's done for our club makes her a Hearts legend.

However ... I've been concerned for some time now that it's a culture that's been implemented at the club (from the top down) that's led to our perpetual stagnation.

I always concluded that Hibs' problems (over many previous decades) was a direct result of a culture at that club where there was zero expectation - from the board to the fans. And it showed!

Eventually, when you realise that you're going around in circles, you have to look for a common denominator. Maybe it's not Ann, but people have to open their minds to that possibility. 

We've lost our nasty side. Hearts use to have a nasty side ... and other teams knew that!

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For the more astute football fans among us, we can see where Robbie’s mindset and tactics will lead us and we look beyond this season and see us getting schooled by much better teams than Raith Rovers. 

Time to be brave and move him on  I am sure whoever is relegated from the SPL will take him on. Maybe his best mates at St Mirren. 

If we go up with things as they are, we are going straight back down again!

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Funny how these type of threads and the posters that back them only appear after a bad result

So anytime the last 5 years?