Boyce

steve123

7 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Boyce has made a career from tap ins and headers. Today he got 3 headers. 2 were goals and one hit the bar. I genuinely don't understand how hearts fans are unhappy with that?
Give him the service he needs from crosses and he'll score. If Ginelley was on earlier, he'd have had 3, no doubt. 

Honestly, hearts fans are the only fans in the world that can look at a striker that scored 2 goals and berate them as not good enough. 
Plain and simple, if the defence had done their job properly we would have won 2-0. He is doing his job. If hearts fans thing he's not good enough then theres not a single player on that pitch that is good enough! We are a medium sized club with a 20k capacity stadium and folk are expecting Harry Kane goal tallys up top and old firm quality players in every position on the pitch.  

The boy played the whole first half basically at the half way line. He was coming far deeper than the raith defenders to get the ball then having to turn and create something from nothing consistently. He's not that type of player. It's up to Naisy/Irvine/Halliday to be making sure the ball is getting forward so he is receiving it behind the defenders. Outside of that, it's up to the wingers to make sure he's getting quality crosses in the box. THEY never done their job today. When he got quality service from Gino, he scored 2 goals.. not rocket science. Literally anyone else in the team should be berated before him after todays performance. 

Wait. that's too logical for JKB.. I'll try again. "BeNCh hIM, wE NeEd laFfERty bACK"

Pretty good analysis. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• steve123

• Cruyff

• Stendelnator

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs

Boyce Irving Kingsley Smith GMS Ginelly Gordon - the makings of a team, they’re the ones that are capable of meeting standards.

But it’s just not enough. I’m not giving Boyce pass marks for scoring consolation goals in a game we lost against Raith ****ing Rovers 

Hearts were absolutely awful. 0 pass marks for anyone that played Boyce and Irving who “played well” included.

At least 4 new starters are needed most notably at Center mid and Center half.  As has been said, Ginelly Boyce GMS front 3, get crosses in for him. Get a new DM to do the dirty work behind Irving and Halliday so they can get forward and closer to the front 3. That to me is what we need - a 433, get crosses + quick ball into the box for Boyce who we know can finish. And he can lay things off as well, Halliday and Irving arriving late. To me that’s the fastest way to an answer with the personnel we’ve got.

I don’t even see CF as that much of a problem it bemuses me a bit that Neilson is so desperate for one. We need central midfielders and defenders. 

No place for Walker or Naismith in my team. 

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Boyce Irving Kingsley Smith GMS Ginelly Gordon - the makings of a team, they’re the ones that are capable of meeting standards.

But it’s just not enough. I’m not giving Boyce pass marks for scoring consolation goals in a game we lost against Raith ****ing Rovers 

Hearts were absolutely awful. 0 pass marks for anyone that played Boyce and Irving who “played well” included.

At least 4 new starters are needed most notably at Center mid and Center half.  As has been said, Ginelly Boyce GMS front 3, get crosses in for him. Get a new DM to do the dirty work behind Irving and Halliday so they can get forward and closer to the front 3. That to me is what we need - a 433, get crosses + quick ball into the box for Boyce who we know can finish. And he can lay things off as well, Halliday and Irving arriving late. To me that’s the fastest way to an answer with the personnel we’ve got.

I don’t even see CF as that much of a problem it bemuses me a bit that Neilson is so desperate for one. We need central midfielders and defenders. 

No place for Walker or Naismith in my team. 

Walker was pub standard today

Pub standard is a step above how we played. At least on standard players have a bit of aggression (due largely to starting a game with a hangover). We start games like the sad punters who are hanging around outside the pub waiting for opening time and only come to life after a couple of pints. 

10 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Boyce has made a career from tap ins and headers. Today he got 3 headers. 2 were goals and one hit the bar. I genuinely don't understand how hearts fans are unhappy with that?
Give him the service he needs from crosses and he'll score. If Ginelley was on earlier, he'd have had 3, no doubt. 

Honestly, hearts fans are the only fans in the world that can look at a striker that scored 2 goals and berate them as not good enough. 
Plain and simple, if the defence had done their job properly we would have won 2-0. He is doing his job. If hearts fans thing he's not good enough then theres not a single player on that pitch that is good enough! We are a medium sized club with a 20k capacity stadium and folk are expecting Harry Kane goal tallys up top and old firm quality players in every position on the pitch.  

The boy played the whole first half basically at the half way line. He was coming far deeper than the raith defenders to get the ball then having to turn and create something from nothing consistently. He's not that type of player. It's up to Naisy/Irvine/Halliday to be making sure the ball is getting forward so he is receiving it behind the defenders. Outside of that, it's up to the wingers to make sure he's getting quality crosses in the box. THEY never done their job today. When he got quality service from Gino, he scored 2 goals.. not rocket science. Literally anyone else in the team should be berated before him after todays performance. 

Wait. that's too logical for JKB.. I'll try again. "BeNCh hIM, wE NeEd laFfERty bACK"

Spot on .... but he needs to stop dropping to the half way line.  Give him the service and he’ll score.

bobby bombscare
32 minutes ago, Arry said:

Spot on .... but he needs to stop dropping to the half way line.  Give him the service and he’ll score.

i think he's dropping that far because there is no service for him. His choices are stand where he should be and jus watch the game happening 30 yards away with no hope of ever getting the ball or drop deep and try and spark some sort of attack that he can feed off.

Given all the issues we've got with the team, its amazing how some fans manage to pick out one of the players that is actually doing a good job. Boyce's touch is not perfect but he's the best striker we've had in a long time. He is probably playing deeper than he should - but that's because the service from midfield is so poor. In a nutshell, we've got various problems - Boyce isn't one of them. 

Boyce is quality. Playing with shite. Only thing that annoys me a lot is his inability to stay on his feet. Needs to be stronger. 

15 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Doesn't look fit imo.

Think he is actually carrying a niggling injury. 

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Led the line well and on another night could have grabbed a couple more.  Amazing what happens when other players around him do their job.

Very much this. I hope Boyce stays for the rest of his career. A long time since we've had a striker like him.

Feels like a really underrated player on here. Starting to find his feet again and looks like scoring every week. Might miss a few at the moment but the majority of the strikers we have had over the last few years wouldn’t get anywhere near the positions he gets into. Puts in a great shift evening when not scoring. Would love to see him paired up with Armand. 

Boyce has had a lot of pressure on him being the only real striker we have. New lad will help him massively. He will score even more goals.

I think Liam benefitted from us playing a higher pressing style last night, he was much more mobile and involved. Thought he had a great game.

bringonthesevco
On 24/01/2021 at 00:56, bobby bombscare said:

This Season

Harry Kane 12 goals in 18 games average 0.67 per game

Boycie 8 goals in 11 games average 0.89 per game

what do people want from a striker 🙂

been here before
9 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

This Season

You're saying Liam Boyce is a better striker than Harry Kane?

Amazing what a good win will do to some folk.

:lol:

Edited by been here before

bringonthesevco
Just now, been here before said:

You're saying Liam Boyce is a better striker than Harry Kane.

Read my post again , nowhere did I say that 🙂

someone mentioned Kane in their post, I simply compared their records for this season.  Experts reckon a 1 in 2 return is excellent for a striker and ours is at 0.89 and people are questioning him !!!

Goalscorer. Has a pretty decent record for us. He wouldn’t be playing in the Championship or for Hearts if he had all the other attributes folk seem to be pulling him up on.

1 minute ago, LogicalEric said:

Goalscorer. Has a pretty decent record for us. He wouldn’t be playing in the Championship or for Hearts if he had all the other attributes folk seem to be pulling him up on.

Apt user name. 

26 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

This Season

It genuinely is like some people discount his goals and focus on his misses. Yes he requires a few chances to score but he continues to put himself in positions to do his job. which he is doing.

His goal and performance last night was fantastic. I've always thought he was a top player, he can just be a little frustrating at times and hold the ball a little longer than needed. However as shown with his goal last night, he brings so much to the team. The performance at Dundee showed how much we missed him. Hopefully he clicks with the new boy and they both bang in a barrel load. As well as the league I'm optimistic we will get another good cup run before the season ends. 

He is averaging a goal every other game. 12 in 24 now. By the end of the season it wouldn't shock me if that's almost a goal a game. Boyce is class. Bargain of the century. Him and Big Armand will score barrowloads. 

been here before
59 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Read my post again , nowhere did I say that 🙂

someone mentioned Kane in their post, I simply compared their records for this season.  Experts reckon a 1 in 2 return is excellent for a striker and ours is at 0.89 and people are questioning him !!!

You're using two totally different players pperating at vastly different levels though.  

Its an absolute shite comparison to make.

My laddie has scored more than Boyce this year in the back garden with less playing minutes than him playing against me. Does that mean Boyce is now shite percentage wise?

It does using your way of comparison.

been here before
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

There will be a game this season Boyce will score 3 or 4 in the same match.

Dunfermline on Saturday would be a good time for that.

Photo after the game... match ball in one hand and 4 fingers held up on the other.

Nah **** it make it 5.

'Boyce Goes Nap'

🖐

1 hour ago, been here before said:

You're saying Liam Boyce is a better striker than Harry Kane?

He is also able to score against Jamie McDonald, something which Harry Kane has not done

been here before
14 minutes ago, Glottis said:

He is also able to score against Jamie McDonald, something which Harry Kane has not done

Ah good point.

Nor has my laddie. Kane and my boy are pish in that case.

Has Kane scored against Alloa and Arbroath? Im afraid I dont have those stats to hand.

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Led the line well and on another night could have grabbed a couple more.  Amazing what happens when other players around him do their job.

Exactly, centre forwards need support.  Simple as that.  He had none on Saturday, plenty last night.

Plenty of people seem to have written Boyce off.  He's the best CF we've had in years. Very good player.

Even people last night questioning his finishing and kind of goal percentage.  The fact we have a CF who actually creates their own chances is a start!  But also he's scoring enough goals.  Like a couple in our squad, I have a gut feeling, we'll look back on Boycie fondly in a few years.

Bazzas right boot

Every game he plays you can see he's a good player. 

Only an idiot would think otherwise. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

34 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're using two totally different players pperating at vastly different levels though.  

Its an absolute shite comparison to make.

My laddie has scored more than Boyce this year in the back garden with less playing minutes than him playing against me. Does that mean Boyce is now shite percentage wise?

It does using your way of comparison.

Comparing professional strikers on their average goal per game is a pretty reasonable comparison to make.  Your own point about playing in the garden is neither here nor there.  The original poster was making the point that, by most people's standards, Boyce is scoring at a decent rate.  If you think he should be scoring 2 per game, that's your view and fair enough.  If you'd asked me at the start of the season what was a reasonable expectation for him in the 27 game league, I'd have said 15-20 goals, which he is on track to do.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Comparing professional strikers on their average goal per game is a pretty reasonable comparison to make.  Your own point about playing in the garden is neither here nor there.  The original poster was making the point that, by most people's standards, Boyce is scoring at a decent rate.  If you think he should be scoring 2 per game, that's your view and fair enough.  If you'd asked me at the start of the season what was a reasonable expectation for him in the 27 game league, I'd have said 15-20 goals, which he is on track to do.

Im perfectly happy with the rate Boyce is motoring along at. Two a game would be good mind.

Ive never suggested otherwise.

I understand the point the poater was making thanks albeit poorly illustrated.

Ex member of the SaS

Have to admit I am not sold on the guy, however as many have said, no service no goals, but for me he seems to struggle with the ball at his feet. He scores poachers goals, tap in and headers, and I don't really care how they go in as long as he keeps scoring.

Will never be my favourite player but as long as he keeps banging them in he won't get moaned at by me.

Салатные палочки

I think he is a penalty box striker. If he has a split second to think, the balls going into the net. But a lot of times he finds himself outside the box with the ball at his feet and struggles with too much time to think. His goal last night I was thinking "whats he going to do here". Thankfully Smith was on scene with the one-two. Once he was in the box he had a split second to think and the ball was in the back of the net. 

On Saturday, if I was Robbie, I would be trying Armand up front with him. See if he can put himself about and create a few chances for him. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He is averaging a goal every other game. 12 in 24 now. By the end of the season it wouldn't shock me if that's almost a goal a game. Boyce is class. Bargain of the century. Him and Big Armand will score barrowloads. 

That's the way I see it.

10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think he is a penalty box striker. If he has a split second to think, the balls going into the net. But a lot of times he finds himself outside the box with the ball at his feet and struggles with too much time to think. His goal last night I was thinking "whats he going to do here". Thankfully Smith was on scene with the one-two. Once he was in the box he had a split second to think and the ball was in the back of the net. 

On Saturday, if I was Robbie, I would be trying Armand up front with him. See if he can put himself about and create a few chances for him. 

Hopefully that's why he signed the big man, to play up front with Boyce. 

Think he would help Boyce to score more goals while knocking in a few himself if last night was anything to go by. 

27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Have to admit I am not sold on the guy, however as many have said, no service no goals, but for me he seems to struggle with the ball at his feet. He scores poachers goals, tap in and headers, and I don't really care how they go in as long as he keeps scoring.

Will never be my favourite player but as long as he keeps banging them in he won't get moaned at by me.

Were you sold on Robbo? 😄

Teams will have a bit of a problem if we start with Gnanduillet and Boyce upfront. I think some might plomp for 3 centerhalfs so they can double up with their spare man because they'll get ruined man for man playing a back 4. Would allow us an extra man at the back or midfield if they do though. 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hopefully that's why he signed the big man, to play up front with Boyce. 

Think he would help Boyce to score more goals while knocking in a few himself if last night was anything to go by. 

thats what Robbie said wasn’t it when he discussed how he thought hearts should play.. ? I think they will be a good combo. 

Boyce is a good striker and has scored at every club he's been at. Sometimes he's been forced to come too deep to get the ball this season due to ploughing a lone furrow up front. When Gino or GMS play he can play further up and will score ie both Raith games. Also looked like a decent assist for Henderson's goal last night.

People sometimes need to look closer. His first touch is tremendous most of the time. Great control. Only criticism is sometimes he’s a little bit greedy, but I’d rather have a striker score one and miss five than not score at all. It 

Absolute Scenes

Do you think we’ll ever get to a point on JKB where knee jerk threads appear slating our best players after a bad game?
Boyce will be a better striker for us than Lafferty was. We are actually so lucky to have him. He is a known quality across Scotland and could easily have left us after we were relegated to someone, Aberdeen for example. He’s quality. Has his off days and obviously has his flaws hence why he’s with hearts and not Man United. But we are lucky to skill have him 

Boyce is class IMO and while it has taken him a wee while to find his feet he's still banged in a load of goals and will only get better.

Loads of players in this team that are a far bigger concern and offer far less than him.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Boyce is class IMO and while it has taken him a wee while to find his feet he's still banged in a load of goals and will only get better.

Loads of players in this team that are a far bigger concern and offer far less than him.

I agree.. was getting a bit frustrated with him, especially when he dropped into midfield.. but a blind man can see his quality on the ball.. now the goals are coming as well